Login to your account

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: College Life

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    I sighed. "Yeah, sure." I answered, tossing her the keys. I led her to my black Mercedes, getting in the passenger side. I rolled down the windows and struggled slightly to put my seatbelt on as my muscles began to feel a little week.

"Where am I taking you?"I asked, raising an eyebrow as I started the engine and pulled on my seatbelt. I was genuinely impressed by the car. She was impressive in herself... Very attractive. Smooth skin and warm eyes... A harsh demeanor. I rolled my lips together, watching her move.

"Julliard." I answered softly, opening my eyes and glancing at her. I auditioned for the finest music and art school in the country, Julliard, and made it. I was a music and performance major.

"Oh, wow.. Hum.. What dorm?"I was shocked... She really was high class. Which confused me because why was she wih someone so trashy earlier? She seemed decent and seemed to have good taste. Why not have high expectations?

"3. I'll show you where." I answered, looking back out the window. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed, my head pounding.

I nodded and began to head into the city toward the school. It was late so there was no one really on the road, the ride was practically empty and the car was quiet besides our slow breathing. She told me where to turn and when to stop and I parked the car, sliding out,"Want me to walk you in?"

I shook my head. "Nah.. I'm good.." I answered, with a sigh. "What are you gonna do? Call a cab?" I asked.

"Yeah, if there are any running... If not I'll find the subway or something,"I said as I looked around. I was in a pickle for sure. I glanced up at her,"Well... It was nice meeting you."

"Yeah..." I blinked dazedly. "Yeah.. You too.." I breathed. I got out and locked up my car, then I sort of stumbled to my dorm.

I watched her stumble before jogging to her side,"Here, let me help you..." I couldn't just let her go like this... I needed to make sure she was at least safe in her room.

"I'm fine.." I mumbled. "We're almost there.." I found the door and I grabbed my keys, unlocking it and opening it. "Oh god Jez.. Again? You have to stop this, you're gonna kill yourself." My roommate said when she saw me.

"Hey,"I said quietly as Jez moved from the hall into the room,"She'll be okay?" Her roommate nodded,"Alright. Well, goodnight..." I shut the door behind me and headed back outside, the cab company didn't answer, closed for the night. "guess I'm walking."

I shoved my friend out of the way as I fell on the bed. I curled up in bed. "Who was that girl?" Sydney asked. "Amy. She drove me and my car here." I mumbled.

The stroll to the subway was long and scary, the subway ride was no better. I finally got home about two hours later and crawled into bed, sighing tiredly. So much for making friends or getting laid.

The next day I got woken up by Sydney and I went and took a shower, then I straightened my natural curly hair and put it up in a pretty bun. I put on my black turtleneck and black slacks and I put on light makeup. I was raised to dress to impress. I went to my musical education class, then some other classes, and I was done for the day. I went to Starbucks with Sydney.

My classes didn't start until the afternoon so I always took the busy shift in the morning at my part time job, at Starbucks. I stood at the counter, writing down names on cups and being a good little barista, my hair pulled into a ponytail through my green ball cap. Today was a busy day.

I walked in with Sydney and we went to the cash register. "I'd like a venti java chocolate chip frappe." I said, digging through my purse for my card. I glanced up and recognized the cashier. "Hi Amy." I said politely. I wasn't sure if she would remember me because I look so different.

"Oh, hey Jez,"I said with a surprised smile. She seemed lively today, certainly more than yesterday. I grinned and wrote her name on her cup, then her friends, mixing the drinks with mile long names. I wrote my number on the edge of Jez's cup before calling her name, along with her roommates.

I got up and retrieved my drink, winking at Amy before going to sit with my friends. I took a sip. "What's that?" Damian asked, pointing to my cup. I frowned and looked over my cup, then I saw the number. I chuckled. "Nothing." I answered.

When she winked at me I couldn't help but laugh and feel a soft eruption of tingles in my stomach. I glanced at her every now and again, as I worked. She was pretty when she wasn't exasperated...

"And I think it sounds better in the key of A Minor, but Professor McKennit likes it in F. I wrote the piece, shouldn't I get to choose the key?" I asked grumpily, as I finished my drink and sneakily put the number in my phone.

After work I grabbed my bag and headed outside, sitting at the bus stop. My first class started in an hour and I wanted to shower first. I pulled my cap off and stuffed it in my bag, shaking out my hair and running my fingers through it.

I walked outside and saw Amy sitting at the bus stop. "Hey!" I called, waving. "Need a ride?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't want you to go out of your way,"I said softly as I smiled at her, shaking my head. Her eyes had a gentle sparkle that made me feel warm.

I smiled and shook my head. "It's really okay. My classes are done for the day." I replied.

"Hum... Sure, I appreciate it." I rose from the bench and moved towards her slowly, grinning,"How are you feeling?"

I smiled. "I'm fine. How about you?" I asked, as I led her to my car. I got in and started it. "Where to?"

"The Culinary Institute on 110th street,"I said softly, sliding into the passenger's seat.

"Nice." I said with a smile, driving into the traffic. "Sorry about last night." I apologized.

"No, it was kinda cute,"I said playfully, shaking my head,"You were having a hard time, and dealt with it in your own way. I'm just glad you got home safely and woke up in the morning."