Login to your account

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: College Life

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar

College Life

Name: Jez
    Looks: Fiery red hair, blue eyes, pale skin.
    Personality: Fun, blunt, daring, sarcastic.
    Other: Studies music.

Name : Amy
    Looks: Emerald green eyes, chocolate/red brown hair, olive skin
    Personality: bubbly, optimistic, almost in denial
    Other: culinary major

Didn't know we were doing lesbian... Lol but ok.

Want me to change it?

Nah it's okay. Will you start?

"College, blah. I wish I could tell you I had a stance, after all I've been here for six months, but when you do nothing but study, and sleep, and eat, and study and sleep some more you don't have time to pick sides on if life is golden or not. I simply go... Culinary takes a lot of ambition, and I'm running low. So.. Here I am..." The guy in the barstool next to me stared at me before finding some excuse to get up and walk away. The bartender laughed and slid me another raspberry cream soda,"Tom... I'm a loser."

"Jez, baby, come on!" Tessa, my girlfriend urged, helping me out of the car. I sighed as she snaked her arm around my thin waist and we, and a couple of friends, went inside of the bar. I didn't feel like going out. I wanted to sleep. Tessa went and got us some beers, and I leaned against my best friend, Damian. "She's driving me crazy.." I mumbled to him. "Yeah." He chuckled. "I know."

A group of roudy students slid into the bar and I sighed,"Looks like the party is starting..." Tom, the bartender, just buckled and shook his head,"Don't worry, the place doesn't get too bad for another hour. And since you're not drinking, you'll be fine. Stick around, you might have some fun."

"Baby come dance..." Tessa said, taking my hand. I sighed. "This isn't a club Tess." I answered. We drank a few beers, then played some pool. Eventually Tessa went to the bathroom, puking. She can't handle her alchochol. I decided to sit next to a brunette at the bar. "Hey Tom!" I greeted the bartender. Tom smiled. "The usual?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nah, just a vanilla cream coke."

Tom carried on comfortable conversation with the woman beside me about her girlfriend being sick as usual and how it was becoming regular. I shook my head slowly,"If people can't hold it down, why do they drink it? I don't understand..."

I smiled and turned to the girl. "I agree. I'm Jez." I introduced myself, holding out my hand.

"Amy,"I said softly, shaking her hand in return. I hasn't thought she heard me so a soft flush rushed my cheeks. I was rude. I glanced at the girl stumbling out of the bathroom,"Is she your sister?"

I looked over at Tessa who was stumbling towards my friends, asking where I was. "Nope. She's my girlfriend." I replied, a bit reluctantly.

I coughed on my drink for a split second and watched the girl stumble for a moment,"I'm sorry..." Tom made a noise at me and my eyes widened,"I, I didn't mean it like... I'm sorry, I didn't... I'll just go..."

I smiled slightly and shook my head. "It's okay! Don't worry about it." I smiled and waved as I turned around. "See you around, Amy." I went back to my friends and wrapped my arm around Tessa to keep her steady.

Tom just waved at me as I walked out the door and leaned against the building. I was so stupid, sometimes, it was insane. I leaned against the wall of the exterior, sitting through my purse and pulling out my cigarettes. Nasty habit, I know. I lit one up and took a long drag, letting it out through my nose. I'm an idiot.

"You know what, bitch? I don't want you taking me home anyway. You obviously can't handle the roa-" I slapped Tessa. Hard, on the face. "Say one more thing. I dare you." I said softly. I grabbed my drink and went outside. I sat against the wall and threw my bottle against a fence. I reached into my purse and pulled out about 5 antidepressants. I popped them into my mouth, then I fished in my purse for my cigarettes.

I stared at her, scared to a move for a moment. She pulled a familiar box from her purse and I heard a swear before she threw it to the ground. Empty. I held mine out,"Here, take it as a peace offering,"I cracked a smile to try a make her smile... She was pretty when she smiled. Right now she looked pissed.

"Thanks." I mumbled, taking one and fishing for my lighter. I found it and lit it, taking a drag and closing my eyes, leaning my head against the brick wall.

"You okay?" The words just kind of came out as I flicked the ashes onto the sidewalk, smearing them with the toe of my tennis shoe. I rested my head against the rough brick wall and gazed at her through the corner of my eye.

I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and glanced at her. "I'm fine." I answered shortly, finishing the cigarette quickly. I began to feel a little out there when the pills started to kick in.

"You sure?" I turned to face her, raising a suspicious eyebrow,"The broken glass says otherwise, you know."

"Why don't you just mind your own damn business?" I snapped. I instantly regretted it. I sighed as looked down. "I'm sorry.. You were just trying to help.."

"No, I shouldn't be nosy,"I shook my head and flicked the butt of my cigarette into the street, watching the ember simmer before disappear. I sighed and kicked some of the shattered glass around for a moment. What do you say to someone after that? I didn't know her, at all, and I've done nothing but annoy her so far,"This is why I don't have friends,"I mumbled tiredly, skidding the final piece of glass across the sidewalk.

I looked up at her and sighed. "Well, you'll find some eventually. You just gotta know where to look." I said dazedly, my senses blurring.

"I thought here was a place,"I said tiredly, noticing the way she swayed slightly as her pupils swelled,"Hey... You don't look so good..."

"I'm fine.." I mumbled, my pulse slowing as my body relaxed. "The medicine is just working.."

"Do you need a cab home?"I pulled out my phone,"I'm about to call for one myself." I scrolled through my contacts to the cab company, awaiting her response before calling. In college it's too damn expensive to have your own car.

"I can't leave my car here.. I'm fine. Just tired." I got up and took out my car keys. "Do you want me to give you a ride?" I asked. I come from a wealthy family, so yeah.. I have a pretty awesom car.

"Sure.. Do you want me to drive? I'm sober..."I didn't mean it to offend her, but if she had been drinking and taking pills, I would rather play it safe. I don't wanna die just yet, even if I was all alone...