Login to your account

Thread: Presentation

Presentation

Presenting a roleplay to the audience is important. Appearance from
    the order information is presented to the overall visuals (colours, font
    choices, font size, banners). My discussion questions are:

Do you think order of information is important?
    Do you think font/color/size choices are important?
    Do you think banners are useful?

Lastly what is the most unique presentation you've seen?
    How would you feel about being presented a roleplay in a book format?

Do you think order of information is important?
    Yes, of course. The order helps build up the suspense or hook people in. You wouldn't want to start with the ending and then go to the beginning. If your flow is smooth, then it helps guide the reader down the river without hitting the rapids or waterfall. There's no sudden surprises and there's minimal questions to ask. Granted, that order will and should differ from RP to roleplay. In one story, you might want to list the rules first so you can warn your viewers what's forthcoming. In another, you might want to paint out the introduction so all feel this sense of awe and wonder. And then there are some where you might want to list the background first before you setup the story. It really depends on the story and the mood you're trying to create.

Do you think font/color/size choices are important?
    Again, yes. If you're using Comic Sans for a horror roleplay, go home, you're drunk. Unless, of course, it's a comedy roleplay. Then it might make sense. In my opinion, the font, color, and size all help give you a feel for the story. If it's frilly and girly, it might be about love or the Victorian era. If it's BOLD AND POWERFUL, it could be a clash between kingdoms and a war. If there's broken letters or futuristic fonts and colors, it will feel more sci-fi.

I spend hours trying to craft the perfect banner image. Sometimes it comes naturally, other times you need to fight with it. And, font and color and size aside, the space between words, the location of the text, and the layout of the image are also super important. It's the difference between an eye or the whole face. Which would be more relevant to the story? If your story is about finding yourself, the iris might be all you need. But if it's a story about friendship, faces and busts might be better.

Do you think banners are useful?
    Sometimes. Does the banner add to the story? Or does it get in the way? The banner should accent the story nicely without being overbearing or stealing the spotlight. I always make them, but I don't always use them. I only use them if it feels right.

Lastly what is the most unique presentation you've seen?
    Honestly not sure. I've seen so many that are so neat that it's hard to pick one. Sometimes I love how people tell the story in first person point of view to set things up. Sometimes I love how the beginning, middle, and end are clearly laid out so that there's no mistake. Other times I love the aesthetically pleasing designs and choice of colors and fonts to draw my attention. I truly think it depends on the story. Though, if I had to pick, Jing and Strude tend to have very nice layouts.

How would you feel about being presented a roleplay in a book format?
    That sounds amazing. I would love to be a part of something like that. I've been in RPs that are chapter based and they are exciting. I would love to be a part of one that was done in first person, just for something different.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369