Login to your account

Thread: POST-Apocalyptic Wasters and Philosophers

Question POST-Apocalyptic Wasters and Philosophers

I recently read an RP where two people were debating philosophy through their characters. I thought that was so cool, although one would throw a hissy whenever they were losing. Anyway, if all the people involved loved philosophy and/or debating, then that would be an awesome RP encompassing everything from epistemology to politics, BUT also allow for all the other options within an RP: action, loss, gain, romance, mystery, confrontation, beauty, etc. At first, I was thinking of different time lines to show development and I will still do that, to allow for people to have that option to play as the Zombie Apocalypse happens or when it is at its height, but primarily I was hoping for humanity to have developed these civilizations and now wanted to regroup.

Now, there is only 170,000,000 to 231,000,000 people left in the world, spread out. Islands and cold places tend to be safer, but also harder to survive with limited resources for so many people. In fact, some island countries (I have a list) managed to take control of their area so quickly that they have established firm border control. 50 people is for short-term avoidance of genetic problems from incest, 500 for mid-term, 5000 for long-term, according to genetic scientists. However, with people having lived in small group far from others to survive and having developed their own system or logic to living, there is worry of confrontation for when people unite again when there are so few left and still many more zombies by comparison.

Obviously, I thought it would be interesting to have a thought out debate and even be totally serious about it, but that doesn't mean that there can't be political or personal drama outside the debate. Anyhoozel, I thought that this would be something I would really stick to too, because it's not just endless action and romance, which seem the most prolific in RPs. I guess I have rambled enough. I need to go post on the RPs I already have going, but I hope to hear back from people.
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

Sounds fun to me! I'd join.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369