Login to your account

The Übermensch

Since the beginning of time, every species has sought to become better, stronger, more than what they were. It was the survival of the fittest until man evolved. Man, with its superior intelligence overcame its physical limitations and sat at the top of the proverbial food chain, but what if something else came along? What if there was something to challenge the rule of Man? Would mankind rise to the occasion or fall as so many species have before?......

Tags: modern, powers, revolution, superhero

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Cows Go Moo

Created: 04-14-2014, 07:19 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

"When Zarathustra arrived at the nearest town which adjoineth the forest, he found many people assembled in the market-place; for it had been announced that a rope-dancer would give a performance. And Zarathustra spake thus unto the people:

I teach you the Superman. Man is something that is to be surpassed. What have ye doe to surpass man? All beings hitherto have created something beyond themselves: and ye want to be the ebb of that great tide, and would rather go back to the beast than surpass man?"

The year is 2026 and humankind is coming upon a new age of technological revolution. Though once wasteful, humans have developed biotechnologies from microbes for cleanup to mental linkages between a pet and its owner. At the peak of these developments have been viruses that work not only to combat disease, but to alter genomes for the better (think GMOs). It has extended life expectancies, prevented deathly illnesses, and made people happy. It should have dawned a new golden age for civilization right?

Well not exactly.

Mankind became greedy and became so dependent on the virus that the very technology that they thought a convenience became an addiction. If you wanted blue eyes? Embed the blue eyed gene into the virus. You wanted an Olympic athlete for a baby? A bit more costly but still doable. The black market became especially keen for this, developing their own equivalent of the virus and selling it to the highest bidder. It changed the face of crime since now people could be injected with the virus to enhance their strength and go from ordinary bank robber to body builder in days.

Worse yet was when they came.

We called them Synths after the shorthand for "Synthia" (the name of the virus), but really it didn't matter what they were called because they were powerful. Some suspected that they were lab rats from the military and some said that they were black market alterations. The truth is that Synths were mutants, people whose viral injections went wrong. Some could erupt in flames and some could shatter people with just their touch. Others though? They became tumorous, scaly creatures who couldn't leave the house without police brutality. They became the face of Synthia, but also its scar for Synthia's creators who thought that they were the root of the increasing crime rates of the city.

The Synths said "to hell with humanity" and started wreaking havoc upon Metropolis. They wanted retribution and they wanted anarchy.

But how would I know that? Because I'm their leader.

Rules

Whatever side you're on, fight true and proud.

1. Be literate, be kind, and be active.
2. Don't god-mod, troll, or start out of character drama.
3. Give everyone a chance of reply before posting! I'm fine with people having conversations, but don't do it to the point that no one can keep up.
4. If you have to be away for a while, just send me a PM or say so in the OOC thread, otherwise I will assume that your character is frozen.
5. Try to write in third person, not first because it can be a bit confusing if everyone's posts are in different POVs
6. I am fine with having characters other than for the role listed, but I'm prioritizing the roles given.
7. Don't be afraid to PM me to discuss characters or any ideas you may have!
8. This is a bit of a personal rule, but if you are going to use art that isn't your own I'd rather you credit the original artist/ask for their permission. While I can't control this, I think it's good to give credit where credit is due. Otherwise, real life photos are good as well!