Login to your account

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite Me

Humble Farmer With a Sword rustysteelsyringe's Avatar

Bite Me

"Izzy, he is going to eat you."

"He's not going to eat me, don't be ridiculous." The young woman started towards the door of her apartment, rolling her eyes.

"Isn't that what they do? That's their thing, eating people is."

She sighed, stopping to glance back at her boyfriend. "First off, they don't eat people, they drain their fluids, there's a difference. And second, he's not going to eat me, he just needs someone to make sure he doesn't get himself killed until whatever's happening dies down."

"That's what they would say if they were going to eat you, babe." Her boyfriend pouted, grabbing her hand. "Come on- you know I don't like you working this job, and with this- I mean, what would I do if something were to happen to you?

"I don't know, get a real job?" she proposed scathingly, pulling her hand free of his easily to grab her large black bag. "The agency thinks I'll be able to take care of it, and it'll be a few weeks at most, no big deal."

He crossed his arms. "Aw, don't be like that, babe- the band's got a gig on Friday, and we've got another lined up soon-"

"I'm very proud, I'm certain," she muttered coldly, pulling the door to their apartment open. "Bye, Steve." With that, she was gone, pacing swiftly over the old, worn hallway carpet to the elevator. There was a slight frown lingering around her thin lips as she pressed the button- things had not been going well in their relationship recently, and this new assignment had caused Steve to get even more protective than usual. While normally, it wasn't much of an issue, it did tend to wear on her after a while. Grumbling wordlessly to herself, she ran one hand through her frizzy, dark brown hair, trying to put the situation out of her mind for the moment.

To be completely honest, she wasn't too thrilled about the new task either- after all, keeping a vampire from ending up dead wasn't exactly her specialty. Still, overtime and danger pay, plus consideration for a promotion, weren't exactly things to sniff at, especially on a single income. Besides, she was certain it wouldn't be that dangerous, and it was better than doing paperwork and waiting for an incident. Her long navy blue coat swirled around her slim frame as she stalked out of the building, beginning towards the arranged meeting spot. It was positively freezing out- although it was supposed to be spring right now, the cloudy day seemed not to be cooperating. Sighing, she straightened, looking around the area for whoever it was she was supposed to take care of, her freckled face showing her displeasure with the situation.

The meeting place was a small downtown cafe, situated on a river bank. There were a couple of tables set outside, but due to the weather, they were almost completely empty. Except for one person. It was a tall man, wrapped in a black trench coat sitting by one of the tables. Despite the fact that the day was cloudy, he had dark round shades perched on his nose and the man's already pale complexion was enhanced by impossibly black, and a tad overgrown, hair, that fell in bangs, reaching the upper rims of his shades. The whole dark look, was comically topped off with a colorful scarf, that stood out like sore thumb even from a distance. In front of that man on the table, sat fancy camera.

"Mr. Detrian, here is your coffee, sir," a waiter came up and placed a cup in front of the man, before rushing back into the warmth the inside of the cafe had to offer. Detrian picked up the cup and brought it to his lips to take a one huge sip, then placed it down again.
    "While waiting.." he mumbled to himself and took the camera into his hands. A few moments later, he was all around the the place, camera shutter clicking tirelessly, capturing every piece of scenery he saw interesting.

'Oh? What do we have here?' he wondered as a young woman came into the view through his lens. Before he realized it, the shutter was already snapping, capturing the woman, her movements, her navy blue coat fluttering in the wind and her frizzy hair, that were just tortured by the weather. He also noted small traces of a frown, which he also took a snapshot of, before lowering his camera.
    Last edited by xD3siR3x; 04-24-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Right. She paused as the cafe came into view, brushing the stray strands of hair from her face while checking her reflection in a shop window to make sure she didn't look too bedraggled. Slightly satisfied, she continued on down the street, the wind whipping about her. They had arranged to meet at the outdoor tables, but she had doubted he would wait outside for her very long. That was obviously incorrect, she concluded as she approached, noting the solitary figure outside. She squinted slightly, watching him. Is... is he taking pictures of me? she asked herself, slightly perplexed by his behaviour.

Shaking her head, she entered the outdoor seating area, her steps firm as she approached his table. "Detrian?" she asked, offering a hand to shake. "I'm Isabel Price, I believe we've a meeting set up." She put on a very slight smile as she sized him up carefully, not quite certain what to make of him.

Detrian lowered his camera only when the woman was too close to comfortably take pictures. "Oh? You're Miss Price?" He lowered the camera further and then too the hand she offered. "Detrian Hart, it's a pleasure," he shook her hand formally then turned to offer her a seat at his table. "Do join me, Miss Price and I promise you this meeting will take as little time as possible."
    Once the woman had taken a seat, he placed his camera on top of the table and sat in front of her.
    "Let's get some things out of our way first, shall we? First of all, I'm sure you're aware, but it wasn't I who hired you," his voice had a hint of annoyance as he spoke. "However I am in no position to dismiss you or to send you away. I'm also pretty sure you're being offered quite a handsome sum to stay around me, am I wrong?" Detrian eyed her through his shades, trying to read the woman and feeling a bit surprised at the same time. The Elders were probably mocking him. How could such a fragile looking being even act as his body guard? Why would he need one in the first place? As far as he knew, some new 'family' arose in this area and for some reason, Detrian should be threatened. What a joke... The more since his guard is a slayer.

"How about we make things easy for both of us? I stay out of your sight, you stay out of mine and just come to collect your monthly cheque? How does that sound, Miss Price?" he asked, tapping his fingertips on the table, awaiting for her reply.
    Moments later, there was a sound of a tin can rolling right towards their table and phishing sound of smoke gas.

The proposition did interest her, she had to admit. She hadn't been too enthusiastic about this assignment in the first place, and she did want to spend some time trying to either fix what was going on with Steve or get him to move out of her apartment. Some time off work would definitely help, and she wouldn't even have to use any of her vacation days as long as this vampire managed to take care of himself- and considering how hard vampires often were to properly kill, that wouldn't be an issue, she was certain.

"Well, I-" she began cautiously, before hearing the subtle clank and hiss. While she had been prepared for a relatively civil conversation, it wasn't unusual for her to have to transition to a combat situation. In an instant, she was on her feet, spotting the can rolling towards them. "Move!" she barked sharply, a sudden urgency informing her features. The next second, her hand closed around his arm, her grip surprisingly strong, as she tugged him away from the table, pulling him easily behind another. "Stay out of the way," she directed, squinting cautiously at the hissing can.

"Move!"

"I beg your pardon?" Detrian was obviously confused by her sudden change of character and issued orders. Failing, or rather refusing to leave his seat on his own, he was soon forced to move anyway by an unexpectedly powerful tug coming from the seemingly frail slayer woman. His body soon towered above and behind her as he was forced into a standing position, still unsure of what was going on. His question was soon answered as a cloud of smoke rapidly rose from the direction of the can, engulfing them in a thick cloud, almost disabling them from making out anything on the other side of the smoke wall.
    "Tssk..." Detrian covered his mouth and nose with his elbow and started coughing, unable to completely avoid the gas intake. A sound of an engine roar managed to seep through the hissing of the can, alerting them of a car slowing down in front of the cafe. Whoever that was, their intentions were far from friendly, they had to get out and soon.
    "The alley..*cough*... The alley behind the cafe..." he managed to inform, the woman, before he burst out coughing again. If they managed to escape there, they would have a chance of hailing a transport, that could take them someplace safe, like some hotel or his apartment. With that thought, Detrian was about to attempt and retreat, when he remembered the camera, that still sat on the table. Cursing slightly, he attempted to move towards it.

The thick cloud took Isabel by surprise as it easily overtook them, the smoke filling the air and making it almost impossible to see anything at all. The engine's noise alerted her to the approach of the car, which informed her well enough to know that it was probably best to get as far away as possible. Even if it was just a passer-by, she didn't really want to deal with being seen.

"Right," she agreed, holding the sleeve of her jacket to her mouth to try and protect against the stinging smoke that filled the air around him. Coughing harshly, she began towards the general area where she recalled the entrance to the alley being. As Detrian attempted to pull away from her grip, she frowned, squinting at him. "What do you think you're doing?" she hissed sharply before letting out another few hoarse coughs, the jacket hardly helping her throat. Firmly, she tugged his arm, trying to lead him to safety before anything dreadful could happen.

He was about to swear on the interruption, but the smoke got entangled in his lungs again, making Detrian cough and forcing him to follow the woman towards the alley. It was just in time too as a moment later, a gunshot pierced the air hitting the camera dead on. The sound of the gadget shattering reached them while the two were making a run for it towards the alley. Eventually, they were out of the smoke and standing in front of a barely crowded street, with only a sole buss coming towards a buss stop near them. Given the circumstances, they weren't given much of a choice on their escape vehicle, even Detrian understood that.

"Get on," he snapped in a hoarse voice, now trying to lead her to the stop. Once the buss topped, the man got in first and navigated to the middle seats, which, because of his huge frame, looked somewhat clumsy, not to mention completely out of place. Once he took a seat, Detrian closed his arms over his chest, looking completely like a dangerous and suspicious person. Some people even vacated the nearest seats around him. The man seemed unfazed about it though, he just set his eyes on Isabel, waiting for her to take a seat as the buss slowly started moving.

She stopped to pay their fares, still coughing slightly as she dropped the coins in the slot. Quickly, she offered a slightly apologetic look to the bus driver before continuing on to the seats. Frowning sternly at Detrian, she sat next to him, clutching her bag close. "Are you alright?" she murmured under her breath, glancing over at him. The sudden attack had taken her by surprise- she had assumed that, at the very least, they'd be able to have a brief chat before getting attacked. The situation appeared to be worse than she had thought, which was rather worrying. She certainly didn't relish the notion of getting caught between warring vampire gangs or anything like that.

Sighing deeply, she leaned back on the hard plastic seat, trying to calm down a bit. She didn't appear too worried about the odd looks from people- after all, they'd probably successfully pass as some subculture or another. "Also, it might be best to find out where this bus goes," she added thoughtfully, glancing out the window across Detrian as the bus began to move.

"I'm fine," he almost snapped, but had the decency to keep his voice low. He did seem like something was eating him, but the vampire didn't complain verbally. All his dissatisfaction simply oozed from his giant frame, making him a bit more intimidating than he already was. 'The camera was new too...' he thought almost grumbling.

"Also, it might be best to find out where this bus goes,"

"That doesn't matter," he replied without turning to look at the woman. "We'll be getting off on our next stop."
    True to his words, Detrian rose from his seat just as the buss was pulling into a buss stop. Even with all the people in the vehicle, they had no troubles navigating out. Most passengers just made way almost instinctively. Due to that fact, a smug grin appeared on the corner of the vampire's lips, though it faded shorty after, as if he was trying to contain himself.

Once they got out, they were faced by a much busier street where it didn't take long for Detrian to halt a cab.
    "Get in," he said once already inside and waited for the woman to join.
    "If you have any questions, we can talk in the car."
    After that, he gave the driver an address and leaned back in the back seat.

Silently, Isabel followed him out of the bus, giving one last cordial nod to the other patrons. Admittedly, it was unlikely that they'd ever meet again or remember her, but it was always best to at least try and give a good impression, just in case. Although the vampire's long strides threatened to outpace her, his towering form ensured that she had no real chance of losing track of him among the small crowds of people congregating on the sidewalk.

The entire situation seemed rather unsettling to her- after all, it had been a bit too long since she head really dealt with guns at all. Most vampires, she had found, didn't really require them that often, preferring to use any of the other weapons they had been given naturally. This was obviously a bit more serious than she had previously assumed. Swiftly, she got in the cab after him, taking one last cautious glance at the people around them to ensure they weren't being followed.

She sat back in the seat beside him, firmly shutting the door as the cab rolled away from the curb. She allowed herself a short pause to catch her breath properly, looking briefly out the window before turning back to Detrian, putting her brisk, professional air back on. "What on earth did you do?" she finally asked him, her voice low to prevent the driver from hearing.

Hearing her question, Detrian raised and eyebrow, his turning towards the woman with an almost outraged expression. Of course, she wouldn't be a human vampire slayer if she didn't think that the days occurance was somehow his fault. It took him a moment to actually get it under control and his brow fell back into its original position.

"To your disappointment, I must inform you that I have done absolutely nothing to deserve a bullet in my head," he explained. "That precisely why you're here."
    'Or so I hope...' he thought to himself with uneasines, then turned his head to the opposite direction and looked through the window. It was actually the first attempt to actually harm him. There were threats and warning before, that made everyone around Detrian at least ten times as alert, but there was never an actual assaut before. A bit lost in thought, the man watched people, cars and building simply slide through his darkened field of vision, till they finally were approaching their destination.
    It was an expensive modern apartment complex with the area surrounded by a fence and a security booth with a guard checking everyone going in or out. The cab stopped in front of the entrance gate and Detrian got out. He waited for the woman to get out and follow him, before he approached the booth. He exchanged a couple of words with the guard, which made the vampire's brow wrinkle.

"It seems your emplyer turned up," he told Isabel as they passed the booth and headed into the building. Right upon entering, at the foyer, they spotted an older looking business man, who approached them the moment the two walked in.
    "If you want to bargain about some of your job related things, you can do that now," Detrian spoke in a low voice.

His sudden anger rather startled her- she hadn't really anticipated the question to offend him so. She quickly retreated into silence, watching the scenery pass them in an attempt to keep her bearings, just in case she had to find them alternate accommodations in a hurry without transportation. Admittedly, it was almost certain that they'd be fine somewhere a bit less open, but still, best to at least have a vague plan in mind in case things came down to the wire.

As the pulled into the parking lot, however, she was put a good bit at ease- while a security guard was unlikely to stop a really determined assassin, at least he wasn't hunkering down in an incredibly sketchy area where nobody would notice gunshots. She shook her head as she got out without a word, hesitating to pay the driver before climbing out of the cab. Carefully, she looked around the complex, looking for anyone suspicious as Detrian quietly conversed with the guard.Seeing nobody too suspicious lurking about, she followed him to the building.

"My employer?" she asked, frowning a bit. The agency that she worked for was rather secretive, ensuring that she had only really met a few of her superiors in person. She paused outside the building to at least attempt to tame her frizzy mass of hair before entering- while normally she'd have straightened it or tied it back or something to meet an employer, she was rather pressed for time and supplies. Straightening, she entered the building, nodding cordially as the man approached them. "Afternoon," she said to him, offering a hand to shake.

The man looked at Isabel and after a small pause he shook her hand.
    "Afternoon, Isabel Price, I presume?" he spoke with a business like smile. "I'm glad you agreed to take up this job. As I understand, the investment is already paying off?" as he said that, the man's eyes shifted to Detrian who just sniffed trying to ignored the comment. "News reach you fast, uncle," the man almost growled.
    "I'm just worried, Detrian, I hope you can understand that," the elderly man said, reaching out his hand towards the other, however, before his hand could reach Detrian, it was held away.
    "Yes, I understand, but you are not planning to have the woman keep her eye on me 24/7, are you?"
    The older man retracted his hand with a small sigh and then paused.
    "How much would it cost?" he turned to Isabel. "I understand the complications this arrangement might cause, thus I am willing to compensate you."
    "Hey... Hey just hold on a minute!" Detrian burst, but his uncle was completely oblivious to any objections coming from him.

She blinked, rather surprised by the proposition- admittedly, the idea of spending an undefined period of time in close quarters with a disgruntled vampire wasn't the most appealing prospect at the moment. Or ever. But on the other hand, this assignment was guaranteed to advance her career significantly. After a short pause, she straightened, glancing very briefly at Detrian.

"Well," she began thoughtfully, returning her gaze to the vampire's uncle, "I mean, it would cost a fair bit- and you should probably be bringing it up to the agency as well, just so they're aware of the situation for tax purposes and things like that. I wouldn't be opposed to it, of course, if you feel it's necessary given the situation." She offered a slight smile back, learned from years of dealing with clients who wanted to feel listened to more than anything else.

"The cost is not an issue," he assured her. "Of course, I will bring it up with your superiors and discuss the details. I suggest you contact them with your conditions for the job in question. I'm sure you will be contacted by the end of the day," he said then reached out to shake her hand once more. "I'm afraid I must excuse myself now and report about the incident," the man completely ignored Detrian shooting daggers as if it was the most normal of things, which, of course, made the vampire even more annoyed. The dead give away were Detrian's fangs that elongated pretty much every time the vampire got angry or annoyed.

The elderly vampire then bid both of them goodbye and left the building. Taking in an audible breath, Detrian turned to go towards the elevator. "Come, I'll show you the apartment and your work for the day will end there," he spoke as the elevator door opened, allowing them both to get in. He then pressed he nicely rounded button, that had a number 6 engraved on it.

Isabel returned several hours later, a bulky wheeled suitcase and a large backpack in tow. She was having a conversation on her cell as she approached the apartment, a rather exasperated look on her face. "Mm. Yes. I know. The agency says prepare for two weeks if nothing else changes- yes. Yes, that does mean I'll miss your show... no, I doubt he'll want to go. Mmhmm. No, I don't think he'll eat me... I'm fairly sure. Yes. Yes, I will do that, I will call you if he suddenly goes crazy and- what? Yes, yes you have to water the plants. All of them. They will all need watering because they are plants. Look, I- I have to go now, I'm here. Yeah. I know you do. We'll talk... later. Bye, Steve." She hung up and pocketed the phone, shaking her head distastefully as she stopped outside the apartment's door. She paused, taking a deep breath to compose herself a bit, before knocking firmly on the door, glancing one last time down the hallway.

Detrian met Isabel at the door. He opened them just a few moments after her knock.
    "Oh, it's you," the man's voice rang once his eyes fell on the woman. Not hidden by shades anymore, they were such a mix or light brown and yellowish shades, that they seemed golden. Detrian was now dressed in simple sweatpants and a long sleeved snit shirt, which was pulled up almost to his elbows.
    "Come in," he said and his wide frame moved from the doorway to allow Isabel to enter and move her luggage. "I'll show you to your room," Detrian's voice seemed strangely nonchalant as he lead her into his apartment. Though it was early evening, the heavy curtains were closed, and lights were already on, illuminating the living room in place of the covered floor to ceiling windows. The living room housed an L shaped sofa in front of which was a modern imitation of a fireplace. Sidelong behind the sofa stood a heavy wooden diner table, big enough to fit eight people and beyond that table, was a conjoined kitchen. However, the vampire didn't seem too keen on showing it off, he just went past the living room and towards a small hall that had a door on each side, while the end of the hall just opened up into another room, a study of sorts.
    "This will be yours," the man spoke opening the door on the left side of the hall. Inside there was a neat bedroom, though a bit scarcely decorated. All it had was a large bed, a dresser, a work desk and some book cases. Everything seemed to be thoroughly cleaned and thing, possibly, moved to allow space for Isabel's belongings.
    "My room is opposite of yours," he explained motioning behind himself. "And one more thing, the bathroom is through the door we passed just as you entered the apartment. It has two entrances, but you should use the one we passed." The other one was connected with Detrian's room, but that shouldn't be of any concert to her. With that, he left the woman alone and wandered to his study.

Carefully, she lifted her suitcase over the threshold, shutting the door firmly behind her. She followed him through the apartment, looking around. While she hadn't been in too many vampires' houses, she was used to them being more old-fashioned drafty manors that they had occupied for generations with a certain foreboding atmosphere to them. The more modern apartment wasn't exactly what she had been expecting, but she wasn't going to complain.

"Er, right," she agreed, looking in at her new room. "Just call out if anything happens- and is it alright if I put some of my food on the fridge?" As she spoke, she glanced back at Detrian, noticing that he was on his way away from her already.

"Go ahead," he replied nonchalantly and disappeared out of sight.

Detrian's refrigerator was unsurprisingly empty, with an exception of a couple of wine bottles, thus leaving a lot of space for Isabel's foodstuff. The vampire himself didn't go out of his study for the rest of the evening. Sound of keyboard buttons being pressed at a rapid pace could be faintly heard in the hallway, making an impression that the man was working.
    'Hm.... this should do...' he thought as he browsed through online catalogs finalizing his decision and purchases. Once done, he leaned back in his office chair and stretched. A soft gust of wind played with random strands of his longish dark hair. For a moment, Detrian didn't understand where the wind came from and only after looking around did he realize that he had left a window open. From the looks of it, the gusts were picking up, promising a stormy night.
    'Oh well, work it is...'

It wasn't long before the fridge was stocked with enough food for a week or so, mostly fresh vegetables. After a brief search for pots and pans, she made herself a large cup of strong, black coffee to help her stay awake as long as she could, just in case. Thankfully, she had brought a good few books for the phases where she would simply be waiting for something to go wrong- as the night wore on, the weighty novels and coffee helped to keep her from falling too deeply asleep.

That night, Detrian stayed in his study for the most parts. As he thought, only a couple of hours into the night and in began to pour. The wind that picked up, threatened to send part of his work flying, thus the man was forced to almost close the window, with just a tiny gap left for the cool air to seep through, otherwise the night was uneventful. Only at the early hours did Detrian decide to finally retire to bed. As he passed Isabel's door, he paused for a moment, looking thoughtful, but then just turned and went straight into his room, closing the door behind him.

The next day Detrian got up around 10AM. Yawning slightly, he lumbered towards the bathroom. Hearing no sound coming from the other side of the bathroom door, the vampire unlocked his side of the door and entered to proceed with his morning wash up ritual. He was half way through his shower, when the doorbell rang. Hurriedly, Detrian grabbed the nearest towel, wrapping it around his waist and rushed out, not even bothering to dry himself, not to mention washing the suds off his body. The man opened the door so suddenly, making the delivery boy jolt as his huge wet frame suddenly jumped out the door.
    "A-a package for you, Mr. Hart," the boy stuttered, passing him a rectangular package.
    "Thank you," Detrian spoke in a lively tone, which was the only giveaway of his excitement.... Apart the the shower look part.

Despite wanting to stay vigilant, eventually Isabel managed to doze off, curled up in a sitting position on her bed with the book resting open in her lap. The firm closing of the bathroom door roused her from her slumber, and she yawned, straightening her glasses on her nose as she took stock of her situation. Stretching, she got up from her bed, neatly adjusting the position of the bookmark in the pages of the novel before putting it on the bedside table. As she heard the shower begin to run, she concluded that Detrian was probably alright, or had at least been disposed of by very clean assassins, and began to get dressed in clothing she hadn't been wearing for the past 24 hours.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. In one swift motion, she pulled a black button-up shirt on, rapidly doing up enough of the buttons to stay decent. She shook her head as she heard Detrian's footsteps pounding by outside her door, glancing down at herself. She grabbed her bag, adjusting the hem of her short gray pencil skirt before exiting her room. Clutching the strap tightly, she turned the corner to see the vampire and one very startled delivery boy. While it certainly didn't seem like a threat, she still wasn't fully calmed, warily watching the delivery. "Uh, morning," she said quietly from behind him, nodding politely.

Detrian heard Isabel's greeting just as he had closed the door and was about to go to the living room with his new parcel.
    "Good morning, Miss Isabel. Going somewhere?" he asked eying her get up ad the bag in her hands. Despite still being wet and dripping, he was unfazed by her presence and strode to the living room to place the parcel on the table. Then as if realizing that he was in the middle of something, Detrian gazed upon the parcel once more before slowly turning away and heading back into the bathroom. He didn't want to get his new gadget wet after all.
    "Oh," he suddenly stopped with his hand already at the bathroom door handle. "We are going out early this evening."

"I was going to make sure that whoever was at the door didn't kill you," she stated flatly. A slight redness came to her cheeks as she noted that he had indeed just come from the shower. "And I'm glad it wasn't some sort of assassin, because if it was you would be dead right now. Do try and take a bit of care for your own safety. Or at least wear pants." She shook her head, glancing away modestly to focus on the mysterious package. While he seemed to not be too interested in the contents, she was still rather suspicious of it.

"Are we?" she asked, glancing down the hall at him. "That's good to know, I suppose. Where are we going, exactly?"

Detrian grinned, "I doubt my pants would keep me more safe than you. And yes, since my last camera got destroyed, I had to order a new one," he explained making a motion towards the parcel. "I need to gather the material all over again and you are tagging with me. Make sure you have no plans lined up," he said and disappeared behind the door to finish his shower. Detrian got out about ten minutes later and this time he was actually dressed. Hurriedly, the man walked over to the parcel and started unwrapping it like some sort of a Christmas present. What he unwrapped was a brand new and rather professional looking camera. The vampire told Isabel he would not be leaving the house until evening, so she had enough time to rest and tend to whatever business she might have.

When he returned from the bathroom, Isabel was seated on the couch, her legs curled up under her. She had managed to straighten out her clothing, regaining her slightly professional appearance. She had tied her hair back neatly in a loose ponytail, a few strands escaping to float around her face. A steaming cup of tea and some freshly made toast with butter were resting on the table near the package. As he opened the camera, she eyed it rather suspiciously, sipping her tea. "Good enough," she said to herself as he put it down on the table, then paused. "What sort of material are you gathering, and where will we be going?"

"What sort?" he repeated the question, then proceeded with a reply. "Pictures of parks, cafe's, alley, clubs and people," he explained plainly. "Why? Is there anywhere you wanna go?" he then asked with a little suspicious frown, which soon fell as he returned to exploring his new toy. He will have to take new shots to compensate for the ones he lost, otherwise it would delay his work even more and he'd have to deal with that annoying woman again... He shuddered only thinking about it, though it wasn't an entirely unpleasant shudder.
    Last edited by xD3siR3x; 07-14-2013 at 03:54 PM.

"So you just wander around taking pictures of random things?" she asked, raising her eyebrow skeptically. Shaking her head, she took another drink of her steaming tea. To her, this sounded like a wonderful way to end up walking straight into an ambush. "I don't have anywhere I particularly wanted to go, actually- I planned to be occupied with taking care of you."

"Sounds relaxing, doesn't it?" he grinned jokingly. Well, at least they were set, his new camera ready and waiting to capture anything it's wielder desires. And it just happened to desired a lot.

As the evening hours approached, Detrian put on some jeans, shirt and a jacket. He once again found his shades and grabbed the camera. "Hurry up, we're leaving," he said while putting on his shoes. This was actually quite weird and awkward, he wasn't used to have someone stay with him the whole time. Even though he wouldn't always see the woman, he felt her presence and it was unusual. At first, he though he might be able to ignore it, but as expected, it was weird. Did he really need to be protected? And by a human, no less?
    Whats more, her phone has been ringing for a while in the afternoon. For a moment he wondered if it was still ringing somewhere just in silent mode.
    "I'm going ahead," the man said hiding his golden eyes behind the shades and sighing silently. Hopefully, the evening photo shoot will let him relax more and get on with his work. Tucking his camera safely in its place, he went out to halt a taxi to go to one of the central parks.