Login to your account

The Art of Assassination

A private 1x1 between Morpheus and Omlyt about two friends- one with a terrifying secret- placed in a strange Victorian setting.......

Tags: 1x1, morpheus, omlyt, private

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Closed

Creator: Omlyt

Created: 03-13-2014, 04:28 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

1. Characters in this post:
    Collection of previous posts:

SCENE ONE:

L Y R A
    The museum had been the girl's home for almost all of her life. She had grown up in it and had known its halls, walls, ceilings, exhibits and secrets ever since she had been an infant. It had been her home away from her actual home, and when her father had passed away, it became her actual home. With marbled floors in the exhibit halls and tall, spiraling wooden staircases that led up to an extensive library in the upstairs and its creaky, but well painted walls and doors, the museum had never been creepy to her. She had grown up with the automated steam dinosaur bones, that creaked as they moved in their predictable patterns in place and released steam from metal pipes that were outfitted around the bones. She had grown up with the stuffed animals that stared back at her with their glass eyes and their soft pelts and real sharp teeth. She had grown up with the art pieces that hung from the walls in some areas, featuring some paintings, old and new... Some of the work she had wished to be her own hanging in its spot. She had grown up with the circulating pieces that came and went as they wished- jewels, stones, music, art, technology and almost anything imaginable came through the large museum. This month, the precious stones of the egyptian kings stayed within the safe tonight, until the 'morrow's morning before the museum opened with the key hidden within the blouse and under the corset of the girl mention before. But today, she was sitting in her own space, set above and away from the chaos that she allowed herself to live in. In the attic that had once been a storage place for the lesser of the stange artifacts, was a studio set aside for the girl, who's name was actually Lyra Pirkins. She was there late, working on the finishing touches of a painting of a friend- someone she had known for almost as long as the museum- from a photo she had taken some time ago. The studio was a room decorated in white sheets, fabric nailed to the walls as they were still waiting for someone to fix their peeling wallpaper. Set in the middle of the room was an easel that sat beneath and aside two windows that shone either moonlight or sunlight down upon it. This night, Lyra worked under moonlight from above.

It had been silent that night, save for the creaking of wooden boards within the redwood stairs and the floor beneath her own feet as she shifted her weight from time to time, her own breath and the sound of paintbrush in paint, to paint brush against canvas. However, there was a disturbance in this, and it caught her attention. The low groan and hiss of steam of a door being opened- a heavy metal one- caught her attention. She jumped slightly, dropping her palette and then turned towards her own door.

"What the dickens..." she murmured, allowing her curiosity to get the better of her. She picked up her skirts and avoided the fallen paint to get to the door and when she opened it, she found the darkness she had left the museum in. Again- that sound rung in her ears.

As quietly as she could, she tiptoed down the stairs from her attic, to the second floor, from which the library was. She eyed the book stacks and shelves with a skeptic's gaze before she found herself in front of the safe's room. What was going on...?

M A K A V E L I
    The noisy steps, usualy replaced with light ones, were irratic before a final thumb was heard. A man lay on the ground, his chest rising and falling under the dark leather armor, almost as dark as the shadows that hid him. A glimmer could be seen on the floor on the floor, crimson, reflecting on him and the room adding a red tint. A deep breath was taken, rather raspy in sounding before it fell down.

If she dared to come closer and pull back the hood, it would be Makaveli her friend since they was toodlers, but right now he was laying in a pool of his own blood the leather barely doign anything to stop the bleed. A crossbow bolt lodged firmly in his side.

L Y R A
    Blinking wildly, Lyra stared at the sight before her.

Well.

At least she didn't have any doubts about the security anymore. Apparently the trap system her father had installed did actually work.

Some asshole was laying on the ground of her library, a puddle of- oh, was that... blood? Lyra's breath caught in her throat and she took a step back, bumping into a shelf behind her with a soft "umph". Resisting the urge to gag and then further empty the contents of the stomach onto the floor, she mustered the courage to ask questions.

"What do you think you are doing, coming into my museum? Who are you?" She had seemed so courageous in her voice, but there was something off in her stance. She seemed more curious than cautious, but there was a man. On her floor. Bleeding from a woun- a wound? Was that a... crossbow bolt?

"Oh, what the dickens..." she whispered to herself, the urge to vomit growing stronger. The trap system was supposed to be humane! Not stabby stabby!

M A K A V E L I
    "It's me you blo-" The soud was caught as a struggled gurgle of blood was heard before a spitting sound. "It's me you bloody bloke!" He wheezed, the raspy, tired, yet familiar voice called out.

Here he was, dying, with his naggying friend standing near him acting tough. He would have to give her a hard smack later for this, IF HE EVEN LIVED.

L Y R A
    "What the dickens are you doing- BLEEDING ON MY FLOOR. You are bloody bleeding on my floor!" She raised her hands in frustration and then went in. Blood or not, she had to help her friend. She turned on the lamps using the switch on the wall- Oh my, that really is blood...- and then turned off the traps. She then hurried over to him and then started pacing.

"What am I supposed to do? Oh, you're bleeding. That's a lot of- oh my goodness there is blood coming out of your mouth! Damn it all, Makaveli, what am I supposed to do! You're bloody bleeding!"

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli grunted turning over on his back. "Jerk it out. Jerk the fucking bolt out then look in my satchel and grab the burning powder." He gritted threw his teeth.

L Y R A
    Lyra stood there, astounded. Oh. It really was Makaveli. She was hoping just moments ago that it really wasn't him, but it really was. Shaking off the shock, she moved into action. She lifted her skirt slightly and then sat down next to the man.

"After all of this, you better explain why the hell I am doing this." she hissed as she tugged on the bolt. It didn't come out easy, but it came out after a bit. She then grabbed the powder from his satchel, which contained other things that she would have to question about later and then turned back to him.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli grunted as he felt the burning of the salt/powder being pressed into the wound closing the skin. "Fuck now.. get me out this blood."

L Y R A
    "You know, the last time I tried to lift you, we both ended up on the floor with near broken bones. The best I can bloody well do right now is drag your sorry ass into another room. And dragging you will simply pull blood with you." She spoke at almost one hundred miles and hour, bristling with both anger and nervousness. Was the bastard alright at least? Was he going to live?

M A K A V E L I
    "Fuck." He grunted. "Then calm the fuck down and i'll try to stand up." He sighed trying to lift his body, a dull pain now in his side.. the wonders of medicine.. or magic. whatever you like. He shakily got to his feet, the small pool of blood on the floor now dripping from him slightly. He tried to walk to the wall reaching into his pocket removing a white pellet before throwing it on the puddle the water shifting colors to white before trying then evaporating into water vapor.

"There's still blood on me..I need towels."

L Y R A
    "I'll run upstairs- Will a sheet do?" She stood quickly and then tied the bottom of her skirt into a knot just above her knees, allowing for her to run without issue. Without the hoop she was supposed to be wearing, her petticoat bustled about her ankles, although not getting the way of her movement. she stood in the doorway, waiting for an answer and ready to run at any moment.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli leaned against the wall, leaving a slight bloody imprint as he held his throbbing side. The blood may be gone but the pained stayed, like someone hit him with a baton.. the force of that bolt may have raddled something or even broke a rib.

L Y R A
    "Okay! A sheet will do then... Just... Wait here." She cursed herself as she ran up the spiraling stairs up to her studio. Where else could Makaveli go anyway? He was bleeding and could barely move to begin with! How stupid she must have sounded! She tore a sheet down from the wall and then rushed back down the stairs, almost tripping over her own feet as she did so.

She rushed back into the room and then she held out the sheet. "Here..." She said breathlessly. It had been a while since she had run so fast, and about now, everything seemed urgent.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli snatched the sheets beginning to wipe his body down, the sheets now very bloody from it. He was still slightly wet. "I need a bath." He paused. "And something to wash my armor in."

L Y R A
    "Well, we're in a museum. Can you walk?"

M A K A V E L I
    "Aye." He grunted standing straight, the pain was fading away by now. "Lead the way. Your alone right?"

L Y R A
    "Indeed. Save for yourself and the many ghosties that haunt the place." She sighed and moved towards Makaveli, offering an arm and a shoulder. "Do you need help walking?"

M A K A V E L I
    "No." He shot back quickly starting to walk, he sighed walking to the door.

L Y R A
    Lyra rolled her eyes and then did as told, leading the quickest way down the stairs and out the door. The cold air that hit the skin of her legs as soon as she stepped outside reminded her to put down her skirt. The carriage that usually awaited her was still behind the building, and for this she was grateful. She held her arms in close to her chest, rubbing at the sides of her arms as she strided towards it, and then climbed in.

"An extra guest?" the driver asked. Lyra tossed a small sack of coins at him from the inside of her corset.

"Say nothing of it, Myers." she said lowly.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli leaned on the nice plush seats, a painful groan escaping his lips. It would be a relief he didn't have to ride a horse or scurry across a roof. "Thanks." He muttered to her.

L Y R A
    "You owe me." She sighed. She leaned back and sat in a way that her mother would fuss over. She never really bothered to be lady-like around Makaveli anyway. A glance was thrown in his direction, although it had been more of a glare.

"Care to bloody explain yourself? I have a blood stain on my wall because of you. You'd be dead if I hadn't been painting late tonight."

M A K A V E L I
    "I'd survive.. just might have taken a bit longer." He chuckled but grimanced as she glared at him. "It's a long story I'll explain when i get cleaned up. To sum it up.. I'm the 'Dreaded shadow thief, or demon or assassin." He shrugged. "Depends on who is at the end of my blade." He said lowly to her.

L Y R A
    Lyra stared at him before shifting uncomfortably. She had been friends with a killer, thief thing? She took in a deep breath and looked away from Makaveli, crossing her arms and looking out the window.

"You don't usually lie to me, do you?" she asked coldly. "You shouldn't joke of such things." The girl was a skeptic- did Makaveli think this as a game? Everything did point to the direction of him being of such things, though, but she refused to believe it. He was her friend, and jokes were common among friends, no? But what could be a logical reason for him being in her museum? She knew not of a reason.

M A K A V E L I
    "Games? I come to your museum bloodied, half dead and you think I'm joking?" He muttered laying back tiredly. "Chose what you want to believe, But wake me when we arrive at your place." he yawned closing his eyes.

L Y R A
    Lyra shot another glare his way, but the man couldn't see it. She pursed her lips and then turned back to the window. The bastard only has about five minutes left to sleep anyway.

She shook him as soon as the engine was turned off and the door was opened. "Come on," she said quietly. "I'll go have someone draw a bath for you. Get out when you want." She turned and then hurried inside, the cold seeping into her boots as she kicked about snow when she ran across the yard.

Once inside, she ordered a servant to go draw a bath and to prepare clothing for someone fitting Makaveli's description. She stormed up the stairs to her own room and shut the door behind her.

"This is getting out of hand." she stated to herself. Silence greeted her as an answer. Boots were kicked off and the corset came off with a relieved sigh. As much as both were comfortable, they were nice to have off as well. She changed into something a bit more comfortable- her warmest leggings under a loose skirt without a petticoat or hoop and an untucked blouse that was layered over a long sleeved turtleneck. Now comfortable, she escaped into the sitting room, finding herself sitting in a chair, holding a warm cup of tea brought to her by a maid and waiting for Makaveli to come down to explain himself further.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli took a bath enjoying the hot water, something he was grateful for as he cleaned himself before taking the loose clothing she had given him. He had set to work on his armor before disposing of the water and leaving his armor out to dry.

He returned to his friend closing the door behind him. "This would look bad for me to come into your room this hour of the night." He chuckled walking taking a seat in front of hair, pulling the chair to his bottom.

L Y R A
    Lyra raised an eyebrow, eyeing him with a slight sense of playfulness. "It looks even worse when you appear to be bloodied." She sighed and then moved to sit up slightly, as her slouching was drawing her to become sleepy.

"Do you need a place to stay for the night as well? I'll make sure to lock my windows and doors if you do so. Keep you here in the sitting room under the eye of my best butler. Keep you away from my lovely maids." She smiled slightly, a glint in her eye.

"But do explain yourself. I may not believe you now, but I am in need of a bedtime story."

M A K A V E L I
    "Oh always tell Anne she can visit me." He chuckled having a sly smile on his face but sat up in his chair. "Well where do i begin.."

Over the next few hours he explained his family history with thieves and assassins, telling her how his father planned to steal from them before realizing that they were good people. He then explained how his father taught him, how his father died in the riots and so on. He then started to help her connect the dots like why he could never really meet her at night and how he could have a decent living although she rarely saw him do work for the baron.

"Over the course of my life, Lyra.. I haven't paid for a single thing. I've probably held every coin in this city twice in my life. Where one item goes it will eventually end up in my hands then the hands of another." he explained before stopping. "Tonight I was stealing a artifact from the Baron, a philosopher's stone I believe is what it is called. A guard clipped me on my way out."

L Y R A
    Lyra almost went pink in the face for the comment about Anne. She studied the swirls in her tea instead, and looked up every once in a while when whatever he said caught her attention. A majority of what he said caught her attention, so one could say that perhaps her gaze was locked on him the entire time as he spoke. She could blame the pinkness to her cheeks on the tea, right?

Everything started to make sense as he continued, but her lips pursed once more when he ended his story.

"You mean one of the precious stones in my safe?" she asked quietly, her eyes narrowing as she stirred her tea. She took a sip and tried to contain the rage that was starting to bubble.

M A K A V E L I
    "Maybe. Seemed interesting like it would fetch a pretty penny with that alchemist.. what was his name.. Archemedus?"

L Y R A
    "Do you realize the consequences..." she took in a deep breath and then looked down at her tea. "I am responsible for that collection, Makaveli."

M A K A V E L I
    "For the Baron?" He asked almost choking at his name. "How do you work for the person poisoning our city?" He paused for a moment. "Then again I'm not one to speak am I." Makaveli crossed his arms, defiantly.

L Y R A
    "I merely run the exhibition, Makaveli! But I am responsible for it! I could go to prison, or worse, if it is taken! The Baron has influences and I am simply some rich curator for some museum that can be replaced! You have seen the things he's done! Now imagine it inflicted upon me! Yes, my family has good ties, but not good enough to keep me alive after a stunt like that..." She took in a deep breath and glared at the man across from her.

M A K A V E L I
    "And if he was to.. vanidh?" He asked resting his arm on the armrest. "The baron will not remain in power long, with the rise of the common man we will be able to rid us of that titan." He sighed but knew his friend would be in trouble. "Why do you believe he is collecting these stones?" He asked thinking she would have any idea why. "They must have some use."

L Y R A
    "I do not know! I simply exhibit them." Lyra spat the words out angrily.

M A K A V E L I
    "Calm yourself. I can plant it on the watch guard captain and blame him. Not like the bloke isn't probably at a whore house sticking his whilly into some poor girl. Face it almost everyone in charge in this city needs to be dealt with." He grunted. "It's a win win you get your stone and i get rid of a target."

L Y R A
    "You are telling me to calm myself? I have just found out that my best friend is the most wanted man in the city! And that he wants to steal my bloody exhibit and possibly ruin my life and all of which are employed by me! You may not see the craziness of the situation, but I feel as if it is right of me not to be calm! Of all of the people in the world... I had to..." she stopped her raging, as it slowly came to a halt. Her gaze returned to her tea after a moment, her shoulders slumping and pulling her legs up to her chest.

"Why do I bother? You are going to do as you are going to do whether I give you the bloody key or not, aren't you?" She looked up at him with a heavy sigh and then closed her eyes. "My yelling at you is useless isn't it?"

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli sighed, he knew that his life style would cause problems if she ever found out but he had hoped it wouldn't be like this. "I won't do it if you request me not to. There is other ways to go about my work." He sighed reaching out to take her hand. "I wouldn't do something to hurt you purposefully."

L Y R A
    Lyra shook her head, but did nothing to move her hand. She opened her eyes once more and then looked the man across from her dead in the eye. "What am I supposed to do now that I know this? I can't look at you the same way again, you know this, right? Any trust I had in you has disappeared, but yet I can't help but feel as if what you say about this job of yours may be true." She took a tentative sip from her tea and then stood, the urge to pace the room becoming terrible to ignore.

"Give me an idea, that is the least I can ask of you right now, I suppose. I did just make your life a lot easier after that wound." She stopped for a moment and looked at him as she spoke, but returned to pacing.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli leaned back in his chair. "Elaborate, explain what you want me to do?" He asked confused as to what she wants.

L Y R A
    "What am I supposed to think?" It was a stupid question in her mind. "You are an enemy to my collection, my employer, but my closest friend. I seem to be incapable of rationality at the moment. Perhaps I do no need to ask this now! Perhaps it is time to sleep..." She stopped pacing, looked at the floor and then returned to her chair.

"What am I to do?"

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli was silent. "You work for a man that turns the poor into slaves. You know of his evils , you can choose to ignore this night and simply know what I am.. Also what I am TRYING to accomplish.. Or you aid me with information." He suggested with a sigh. "I will be taking a week or two off, after that incident best I lay low."

L Y R A
    She sat back down and then took yet another sip of her tea, taking in another sigh. He was right. That damn bastard was right. She set aside the teacup and then ran a hand through her hair.

"You could stay here if you needed to." she said quietly, trying to remove herself from the topic. She would make a decision when she was much more lively and awake. In the morning after the collection was set up? Maybe.

"I'll have someone make a bed for you, if you want." She made no move to stand or made any indicator that she was done talking. She simply seemed defeated and tired, a combination that she was not particularly fond of feeling- much less looking like.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli would accept that for now, they weren't in any time constructs seeing as no one besides a few select people know about him. "It would be best I sleep here, in this room." He chuckled standing out the chair. "The floor will work but if I need a quick escape this way faces towards the harbor and the clock tower.. Just in case."

L Y R A
    "Do as you wish." she said. She looked up at him as he stood, wondering what the hell he might do next. She brought her gaze back down to her lap and then stood as well, but instead going towards the window.

"There's a lattuce to the right of the window, good for climbing down if you have to. I don't know if you already knew that, but it does work when escaping angry tutors or mothers." She pushed the panes open slightly and looked off to the right, just to confirm her own story. She was right- although it had been a while since she had to use it. The breeze that came in hit her nose and she scrunched up her face before pulling the panes shut again.

M A K A V E L I
    "Heh." He chuckled stretching a bit, he was sore and tired from the night. He hoped he wouldn't have to make any midnight escapes, those always sucked when unexpected. "Thanks I'll keep it in mind."

L Y R A
    "Well..." Lyra turned from the window and then nodded at Makaveli. "Sometime in the while you are here, I'd like to hear about what all you have done as the Dreaded Shadow Whatever you are." She offered a meek smile and then started back across the room.

"Keep yourself out of trouble for at least one night, alright? And if I hear from Anna that you can't keep your bloody hands to yourself, I'm kicking you out, you understand?" Perhaps she wasn't kidding with this threat, but it was still said in a way that was jokingly.

M A K A V E L I
    "It's Anne, love." He chuckled using a mock name. He gripped one of the spare blankets off her room sofa before laying It on the floor, resting his head in his hands tiredly. "Maybe I'll tell you some of my stories sometime."

L Y R A
    "Goodnight, Makaveli." She picked up her teacup from her chair's arm rest and then turned to leave. Once in the doorway, she sent a glance back at him, but then left for her room.

2. Characters in this post:
    Collection of previous posts:

SCENE TWO:

M A K A V E L I
    When the sun arose Makaveli laid on the floor, tired, his hands being used as pillows behind his head. His chest rising and following as the morning rays shined threw the steam powered windows and the signal of a steam gauge sounding, showing that the first work shift was starting for the baron.

He groaned as he shifted his weight still peacefully asleep.

L Y R A
    Lyra had been up for an hour, bustling about in her room and connected study. She had taken too long in the bath and now work was accumulating on her desk. She had a few things to work out before she had to go back to the museum. Besides, someone else could open it up for her.

She was at her desk, writing out messages and pushing them through the message air tubes at high speeds. Soon, everything was done- and she had free time.

"A day off?" She smiled to herself and leaned back in her chair. There were so many things she could do right now, and besides, she was entitled to a day off, right?

It had been three days since Makaveli's arrival, and all had been quiet. However, she had not seen him leave in all of that time.

She stood up from her chair and left her study for the sitting room. She pushed open the door after a quick knock and went to the window, pushing aside the curtains.

"Oi, Makaveli, we're going into the market. Get your bloody self up. The carriage will be here in about 10 minutes."

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli grunted sitting up rubbing his forehead. "Why do I have to come.?" He sighed but got up knowing arguing with Lyra was useless. He looked around for some clothing, not digging this fancy shit. He settled on some clothing he left over, strapping the boots on his feet after slipping on the cotton pants and shirt.

He looked to his sword he strapped it to his waist, he never knew what would lay in the market especially since he was traveling with Lyra she was more prone to attack due to her riches.

"I'm ready." He called out starting towards the door, already awake and lively. "Coffee would be nice."

L Y R A
    Lyra had left the room after Makaveli had first questioned her, knowing that he would be getting dressed. A servant passed her in the hallway and handed her a cup of tea and a newspaper, and the girl accepted them gratefully. As the servant was going back down the hallway, the man had requested coffee. Lyra called after the woman and asked her some from earlier this morning to be reheated and brought to the carriage.

As the door opened, Lyra went back to her newspaper and started down the hallway.

"You're coffee's going to be in the carriage and I am warning in advance, you will be a pack mule." she turned around and smiled at him. "I hope you don't have any objections." She then descended the stairs, her black boots clicking on the stone steps

M A K A V E L I
    "Nothing I am not used to." he sighed stepping onto the stairs, those were his worst enemy sometimes.. the creaks they could make. "So why are we going to the market today?" He asked as he opened the door holding it for both of them.

L Y R A
    Lyra stepped through and then made her way across the yard to get to the carriage. "Oh, we're going to get a few groceries, gifts and what not. I haven't had a day off in almost a year and it is the holidays." She stepped in, dodging the heater that hung from the roof of the steam powered carriage.

"If you have anything that you want to get, you can add it to the list." She pulled out a long slip of paper from a pocket on her corset and unraveled it. After eyeing it, she pulled a pen from her hair- which was held up by a pair of pens and a quill, all forgotten from her work earlier in the morning.

The carriage jerked forward as the engine was turned on and they started from the manor to go into town.

M A K A V E L I
    "I'm good let's just try not to get attacked." He muttered taking a objective view towards this, he rarely relaxed in public seeing as if his secret we discovered his life would not be the same. That's goes double for his friends.

"But.. I am hungry." He added his hand resting on his sword hilt boredly.

L Y R A
    Lyra put the pen back into her hair and then rolled the paper back up before sticking it into her corset again. She leaned back and glanced at the window.

"We can stop at a cafe` before we start going from shop to shop. Oh-" She felt something warm touch her elbow. The travel cup containing the coffee Makaveli had asked for was next to her. She pulled it out of the holder and then passed it over to her friend.

"I think they made it to my liking- so it may be overly sweet."

M A K A V E L I
    "I like it sweet." He commented taking the canister opening it before smelling it. He brought it to his lips taking a nice gulp or two before bring it down and closing it. "Gotta love those French coffee."

L Y R A
    Lyra smiled slightly. Of course she knew how Makaveli liked his coffee- and she never really liked coffee herself. Unless it was drowned in cream and sugar and then frozen, the girl could care less for it. She took her coffee the way she did because her friend would end up taking it anyway- with or without her permission.

Not like she cared anyway- she didn't mind it when Makaveli stole it.

They arrived in town and the first place they went was the cafe`. Lyra had breakfast hours ago, but the smell of freshly bake- Ugh. Cake. She needed that cake. After choosing a seat inside and next to the wall, a message rail came down from its pipe, landing in a bucket next to the wall.

She picked it up to find two menus and a piece of paper to write down their order number inside the container. She passed one to Makaveli and started to scribble down her order right then.

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli picked the the menu observing it for a few seconds. "What the hell is a french Creme." He muttered before opting for something that he knew very well. "Get me a muffin." He told whoever would be taking their order.

After the person walked away he looking to Lyra. "You do know I will for a moment have to take care of some.. business in this market?" He asked looking around. "There are a lot of wealthy wanted men here."

L Y R A
    Lyra wrote down Makaveli's order onto the paper and then hooked it onto the message rail. She then pulled the string and it pushed itself back into the kitchen. She looked over at her friend and shrugged.

"Well, while you're doing that, I will be shopping for a corset. You'd find that boring, I suppose, and it would take a while, so you could take the time you needed." She smiled then rested her chin upon her hand and then looked about the small cafe. It was comfortable in its table spacing, and without all of the servers running about, it was rather calm.

M A K A V E L I
    "You and corset's." He chuckled leaning back in his chair bring his hand up to his black hair itching the back of his neck. "I suppose so but I will only be gone moment." He explained bring his hand to the table, rubbing the smooth wood softly, in a world of steam and machines having a nice wooden table just felt right to him sometimes.

L Y R A
    "Well, they are useful, honestly. Good for posture, they can hold tools and what not, they provide pockets, armor and honestly, I look bloody good in one." She smirked at the last bit, moving her hand from her chin as she leaned back.

"Are you sure you don't want anything? I am considering possibly... sponsoring your various activities. You could get better equipment if you wanted."

M A K A V E L I
    Makaveli sat up and this leaning forward his eyes snapping sideways before bring them to her. "You do know this mean you will have a direct connection to me, that anything and everything I do will also be on your hands." He spoke lowly making sure she understood. "If I kill you will be sponsoring that." he paused for effect. "Do you trust me enough to know I will make the right judgement call?"

L Y R A
    Lyra pulled her lips in between her teeth and she heaved a heavy sigh. She then shook her head and leaned forward as well and once again, letting her corset dig into her rib cage. She wanted to make the point that she had been giving it thought. Besides, Lyra wasn't an idiot- although she was impulsive at times, she wasn't completely stupid.

"Makaveli, I have been thinking about what you have been saying about the Baron." she said lowly. "And while you may not be going about things the way I may not be fond of, but it is more than I could ever do. Yes, blood will be metaphorically on my hands, and there will be a connection made to you, but I do trust you." She sighed. "You've trusted me to keep this a secret, you haven't died in all of your years of doing this and I have known you for almost all of my life. Granted, I was upset that you haven't informed me of this sooner, but I do trust you with my life." She leaned back and crossed her arms, releasing the pressure against her diaphragm.
    ((Wait- Lyra is an idiot. She shouldn't even try to be involved. She has no idea who knows about Makaveli or if someone on her staff might try something or anything about the entire situation. She is inevitably making herself a big bright red target by funding him.))

3. Characters in this post:
    Makaveli leaned back in his chair, a smile on his face. "Well then that is good I shall have a list of the amount of money I need, I will also make a list of events you should be attending so I can gain access to the buildings. I will also give you a list of contacts you should get to know for out benefit." He chuckled crossing his arm as the waiter arrive with their food, he waited a moment before the person left before taking a bite of his muffin.

4. Characters in this post:
    "Events?" Lyra's bottom lip protruded slightly as the cake was placed in front of her. "People? Makaveli, you know how I feel about interacting with stupid rich people." she sighed and picked up her fork before stabbing her plate. "And they expect me to be all feminine and pretty and act like some idiot girl. I have a business degree! And I run a museum! And I am still treated like some stupid fool." She stabbed at her cake once more and then shoved a bite of it into her mouth, chewing angrily. She sighed and let her shoulders relax as the taste of chocolate washed over her.

"Well... I'll do it anyway." she smiled in a love-sick-like manner at her cake and then continued to eat. Once it was gone, she would probably be herself again- however there was no guarantee.

"Besides, I need commissions anyway- maybe this will be a way to get them?" Her gaze was lifted for a mere moment and it was returned back to the cake as soon as she stabbed the last piece.

That cake was gone in almost an instant.

A new record for her? Perhaps.

Posts 1 to 4 of 4