Login to your account

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Cautious Love

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    I looked at her, and I nodded slowly. "Thank you.. it honestly means alot to me.." I said softly, and I looked down at our hands, smiling faintly. Ive never let anyone see me like this. Why was I making her an exception?
    ♥Volbeat♥

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    I smiled and nodded, slowly letting go of her hands, a little awkwardly. Something about her makes me very nervous. And every time I look at her and talk to her, I feel a pang of guilt, even though Madeline is dead..

I saw something in her eyes, guilt? "You alright?" I asked after a few moments. I touched her arm gently and guided her to the couch and sat us back down where we were before.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I smiled, completely hiding my true emotions. As usual. I always hide behind a cheerful smile. "Yeah. I'm fine." I answered, taking a sip of my coffee.

I knew that smile, something I always did also to hide what I truly felt. I saw right through it. But, I didnt say anything, I just nodded slowly and I turned the tv on. "Big bang theory?"
    ♥Volbeat♥

I shrugged. "Sure." I replied, leaning back and watching the funny show, trying not to think about Madeline, about guilt, about hos beautiful Adira is..

I chuckled at the part Sheldon is describing how to play Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spok, favorite part ever. I found that I was the only one laughing, and I glanced at her, seeing the guilt in her eyes. I wanted to ask so badly, but, I left it alone.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I was hardly paying attention. I zoned out so many times. I bit my lip as I looked out the window. "I should go..."

I must have done something wrong.. "O...Okay.." I said, looking down. "Sorry.." I mumbled. Did I already ruin this friendship? Maybe everyone is right about me, maybe im good at scaring people away.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I frowned. "It's not your fault okay?" I gently touched her hand. I looked down at our hands, then I quickly pulled my hand away.

I nodded slowly, when her hand touched mine then pulled away so harshly I sighed. "Sure.." I whispered. She probably just didnt want me to feel bad.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I got up hastily and I blinked away oncoming tears. "I'll see you later.." I said, and I turned away, walking out. I got in my car and drove away. Once home, I sat in my car for a while and let my emotions come out.

It was clear both her and I had our own problems, but I was glad I had someone to relate to. I mean if I didnt just scare her away. I.. had butterflies around her, and I liked her company alot.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I went inside and I made lunch and I ate by myself. I couldn't stop thinking about Adira.. And the cuts on her arms and the tears in her eyes.. She reminded me of Madeline a lot.. Before she had cancer. They look a lot alike.

I got my gym clothes on, short spandex shorts and my sports bra and tank top. I put my hair in a ponytail and I drove to the gym, making sure I had my volleyballs with me. This was my sport, I loved it. Before I played I wrapped my arms with a special tape, all the players did this, so it wasnt out of the ordinary to do so. I got there just in time to start a game with my team I was on. We were training for the state championship.
    ♥Volbeat♥

My parents came home from their job interviews and I told them about Adira. All I said that she is a potential friend and we had coffee. I didn't mention her self harming issue. "Well, we'd love to meet her sometime!" My mother said.

After several practice matches, we all hit the showers. When I walked out of the locker room I felt strong hands grab my hips, and I was pulled towarda an all too familiar body. "Stop.." I yanked away, knowing who it was right away. I felt him grab my wrist, he squeezed hard making me fall to my knees in pain. He squeezed harder, and I held in a scream.. he yanked me up and took me to a secret room, and he did awful things to me.. I hated him so much.. he was rough, very violent.. I quickly got my clothes on and I went home. I heard him say 'You still got it babe.' Beofre I left. What an asshole..
    ♥Volbeat♥

I sat and played piano for my mom and I let my mind wander. How is she?...

I took another shower once home and I scrubbed my body, I scrubbed and scrubbed.. my skin was very red when I was done. I stepped out and put lazy clothes on, and I laid down in my bed, and just went to sleep. I felt sick..
    ♥Volbeat♥

The next few days rolled by and we would text every once in a while, but we never decided to meet up. And quite frankly, I'm not ready to. I need to get my emotions in order before I try to get involved with someone. What am I talking about? I'm only going to be her friend... She's straight, anyways. As far as I know. Then again, I don't know much about her. I decided to go back to the coffee shop, to drink a frap. I sat down in my usual seat in the corner next to the window and I sipped on the cold drink thoughtfully, as I watched the snow fall outside.
    Last edited by SedatedDemon; 02-11-2014 at 01:01 PM.

I just stayed in the nexr few days, not doing much.. her and I would text here and there, and sadly didnt meet up. I wanted too, but I didn't push it. I was walking along the path in the snow, then I turned and walked the coffee shop. I got my usual, and I sat down in the corner of the room. I didnt look around at anyone. Just kept to myself..
    ♥Volbeat♥

I looked up and I swallowed hard when I saw Adira walk in. She seems even more sad.. I sighed and stood up, walking to her table. I slowly sat down in front of her. "Hi.."

I jumped slightly when she sat sown, relieved when I noticed who it was. "Hey." I saie, smiling slightly, but I knew it wasnt my best smile. At hiding what I was feeling at the moment still. I didnt slice my arms over the couple days. Good right?
    ♥Volbeat♥

I gently tucked my hair behind my ear and I looked into her blue eyes. "How are you?" I asked softly.

"Im." I began, and I looked down after her and I made eye contact. "Im good." I said, not as cheerfully as I wanted to. "Yourself?" I asked.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I shrugged. "I'm okay. I applied at hot topic this morning. "

I looked up at her and smiled. "Oh? Thats great." I said. "When do you start? I have a shift later." I said.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I shrugged. "I don't know. I have an interview this weekend." I said, sipping my frappe.

I nodded slowly. "Ah, okay.." I said softly. I glanced down at my phone, seeing a blocked number was calling. I quickly declined it and I felt tears begin to form in my eyes. I wish he would leave me alone! He got wha he wanted..
    ♥Volbeat♥

I noticed that she looked like she was about to cry and I frowned, gently taking her hand and rubbing my thumb over the top. "What's wrong? " I asked.