Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Department Newbie

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar

Cool Police Department Newbie

Lavender is new to the Miami police department, and she is in the forensics unit. She needs help learning the ropes, and today is her first day. Shes both very excited, and scared to start. But shes been taking the classes for it for three years now and is eager to start.

Lavender Gallagher
    Long brown hair, blue eyes and tan skin, a few freckles here and there on her face. Shes about 5"5 , not super tall, but then not short. She is a normal weight, and has a curvy figure. She has a perfect white smile and always has a soft smile present , tugging on her lips.

She is from Seattle Washington, and this move was very huge for her, but she is ready. Her parents died when ahe was 18, and shes been on her own since then. Shes very happy now, that her life is really rolling. She lives in a nice apartment now just on her own in downtown Miami.
    She is very caring, open and funny. A great person to know and have around.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan is a 27 year old head forensics expert at the Miami Police Department. He worked hard to get where he is at the moment because of how many cases he has gone through in the short time span of his career at the department. Having been let in as an apprentice under the lead of a mentor who believed the best in him. Sadly, a case got so bad for his mentor and caused such a mental instability due to how close to home it was that he retired from the force and died a year later. This has caused a dramatic effect on his well being and has turned him into the departments reclusive head.

He is expecting a new recruit today. Evan doesn't know when she'll arrive but he just hopes that he can get her out of his way so that he can do what the department needs done. Evan is seen in front of a cadaver of a deceased male with a scar across his face. He is intensively looking down on it as he sees his assistant go to the lobby entrance of the department to meet the new recruit and take her back to where Evan is so that they can finally start the new day.

"Hi, welcome to the Miami Police Department. I'll guide you to the forensics lab so you can meet your mentor." The assistant of Evan says as she begins to walk away from Lavender hoping that she'll follow behind her into the forensics lab.

Lavender looked up as the assistant walked up, and she smiled nicely, and followed behind hesitantly after she realized that was what she was being hinted to do. She was curious to see who her Mentor was. This was all so new to her, the town, state, snd this building with all these new faces. She had alot to learn, and she was very ready. She followed behind, and smiled at people she walked by. "What is my Mentors name?" She asked, curiously, walking beside the woman now.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"His name is Evan. Just a heads up that he might not be receptive to your presence especially now that he's deep in his work. So if he gives you the cold shoulder then just manage around it. I'm sure he'll come around. Don't be expecting a warm welcome either." The secretary stated nonchalantly as possible as she heads into the forensics lab with Lavender in tow. The secretary stops and turns around a few feet away from him. The forensics lab is very tidy looking with everything in the room neatly arranged. The room looks almost too clean for only having Evan in it all the time. There's oddly a pair of books sitting out in the open with some of them being novels that are far too obscure to know the names to. Each of them seems to have a generic binding with nothing specific on them so it's hard to tell what each of them is about. There's also a door that leads to Evans secretary office but the only indication of it being of the secretary is the words SECRETARY on the door. No name or anything. Just the job title.

"Evan, this is your new recruit. What's your name, dear?" The assistant asks waiting for her response and leaves after she responds to let Evan take over from here. You see his secretary open her door to her room and she disappears inside, closing her door behind her.

She walked in, and smiled at her and responded "Lavender." And when she left, she stood there a bit awkwardly, then took a seat at the chair in front of his desk. "Its nice to meet you, I cant wait to get started." She said, and coulsnt help but notice that he was very handsome, and she wouldnt mind working with such a man.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan looked in the corner of his eye and noticed the girl was quite beautiful. He, however, was busy looking over the cadaver and seeing if he missed anything. He couldn't be exactly sure if the assumption he made in his head is correct or not but he began writing down what he thought was the correct hypothesis on what caused the scar to form across his face and what was the reason of his death. So, while writing it down, Evan began to start some light conversation.

"So, Lavender, what is it that inspired you to become a forensic scientist? Was it the money or the curiosity? Perhaps both?" He said as he was still writing down what he found out on his notebook. He didn't want to seem interested in her in any shape or form especially since he was on the job. He was quite sure that the department has rules against fraternizing with other employees since it might compromise the case or something. He suddenly thought to himself Oh, well, maybe department rules can take a break for now. Not like anyone comes in here anyway. And not like the dead body will tell anything.

She fiddled with her fingers in her lap, twirling her thumbs around one another mindlessly, and curiously. She was still a bit nervous and that was how she showed it, just playing with her hands quietly. She looked up at him as he spoke, his voice deep, and quite nice sounding. No. Staaahp it. . She thought to herself.

She thought for a moment, putting some words in her head and read them over mentally so she didnt make a fool od herself somehow. Something she tended to do when nervous. "Well, I love solving crimes, and catching the bad guys. I just like the thought of going to a crime scene, almost left with nothing, then finding these little pieces and tracing it back to someone somehow. And the money is just a bonus, cause this is something that really interests me." She said. Good, didnt screw up there.
    ♥Volbeat♥

He stopped writing into his notebook after he got done writing his result. Evan decided to test the girl on a few things before giving her the go around of the facility and probably the rest of the station but right now he'd just hold that off for as long as humanly possible. It's not like she's going anywhere. She has another few hours left in her shift like me before me and her can leave this birds nest. So he decided on giving her the cold shoulder which i'm sure his secretary warned her about and will either cause her to be either impatient or patient. Evan moved to the seat of his little desk and opened a book from the little area where he stored them. The book actually is just a little personal novel of his that he's working on and Evan is just rereading the parts he has already written. There's not much there but not like she knows.

She just waited patiently, not taking it personally as he just seemed to ignore her and walk around. Hes probably just thinking. Wow. He looks so .. nope. Stoppp. she thought, mentally slapping herself. "Youve worked here for a long while?" She asked and looked up at him as he was insoecting the book in the corner. She wasn't really expecting a reply. She just wanted to temporarily break the little silence that was a tad bit too awkward for her.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Quite a few years actually. Almost my 5th year here at the station. Not much has really gone on though the past 2 years that is worthy of any mention but killer scum is killer scum." He said responding back to her as he sat down to read his own book which he's working on but giving the illusion that he's reading it. He crosses his legs and begins to engross himself in the novel because he doesn't want her to know that he might actually have a thing for her. Not like she'll get an indication that Evan does until he feels like actually doing more than...Wait? Don't I have actual work to do? Why haven't I given her a tour of the rest of the station? Oh, nevermind. I'm sure that she'll manage just fine. Not like she has to go to the bathroom or anything.

She nodded slowly, and looked around his office. Nothing really too personal in it, like a picture of his wife or anything. She couldn't help but glance at his hand, and scan for a ring. Nothing. She wondered why she was doing so, and looked down. "Thats good, ive studied pretty much every department that goes on here. Just give me a file, or a section of a case and I could be good." She stated, glancing up at him briefly.
    ♥Volbeat♥

What should I say to her? I have nothing to assign her. Maybe I could just beat around the bush and get her out of his sight. He liked looking at her from the corner of his eye but he wasn't sure that he could find any way to keep her interested in staying here. Maybe he'll just try to assign her a case. Evan decided that it was best that he forced her to search through the cabinet rack and try to find a case file that isn't really there. He felt that was good enough because he has nothing better to do and slacking off on the job might as well be a requirement due to this slow day.

"Can you please go look in the cabinet to your right and try to find the case file for case #10420. It should be in there somewhere." He said as he began to turn around to watch her go over the cabinet. He grinned to himself inside his mind because he's not exactly following protocol but he's making an exception for her.
    Last edited by APBCole; 01-27-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: 420 blaze it.

She nodded, excited to get her hands on a real case. And right away, it wasnt even in her hands. She didnt even know what it was. But she had her sights set on solving the bloody thing. She then stood and headed over to the file droor, and opened it, searching. "10420...104...20...“ she kept mumbling to herself quietly as she searched for the case that seemed to be anywhere but that droor. It wasnt hwre. "You sure its this droor?"
    ♥Volbeat♥

He checked her out a little bit but was hoping that she wouldn't notice. He tried to make it as sly as possible because then he could make her do some other things which weren't exactly protocol. Oh, crap, what am I doing? This can't be good. I'm supposed to be training her. Not trying to get the next best view of her. I'm sure there's less sexist things that I can do. Screw it. I'm using my position to my advantage. Not like she'll know the difference. I hope she doesn't. Evan gets up from his seat and begins to wonder around where she's at. Slightly going behind her but making sure to keep his distance as he watches her.

"Try the other one below it. I think it might have it. I know it's in there. I saw it the last time I checked it." He said with a tiny smile beginning to form on his face. He began to check out her back side without much of a thought as she moved onto the next droor. He was going to keep this going as long as possible in hopes that she doesn't get smart.

She sighed softly, and she lookrd in the bottom droor. It wasnt there. And then the next one. Nope.. she looked up, seeing a picture frame of some sort of award, and she saw him behind her, smiling, like a fool. She got what was going on. She quickly stood straight, and felt very awkward, and a bit pissed actually. "Ill be on my way, ill find someone who will actually help me and give me a real file." She said, trying to not sound so angry. She headed for the door, not looking at him what so ever.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan suddenly stopped smiling as he just got caught. Oh, umm, now i'm in possible trouble. Perhaps I should have been a little bit serious about the whole thing. He began to walk towards her before she got to the door and grabbed ahold of your arm so that she wouldn't leave. He didn't want to get in trouble for not doing his job. She'd probably get in trouble too she he had to make it up to her.

"I'm so sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to insult you in any way or cause you any harm. It was just a little mindless.....fun...." He looked away as he mentioned that as he begins to feel guilty about what he did. I'm such an ass. I shouldn't have done that.

She didnt look at him as he spoke and she just shrugged. Trying her best to not blow up in his face. She didnt say anything for a little, and she gently pulled her arm away. "It's fine.." she said quietly, just loud enough for him to hear.
    She looked up at him. "Can.. I just get a real case please? This wont be brought up again." She said. She wouldnt have told anyone anyway, her being the type of person to not share anything with anyone. She especially wasnt a snitch.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan sighed at his mistake. He went over to another desk in the lab where he left some cases laying around that he was still working on. He didn't expect much out of what he was giving her but he felt that he didn't have much of a choice. His little idea of fun seemed to have backfired and didn't work out as well as he thought it out. So he grabbed the first case file that was on the desk. The case number was 12369 and dealt with a recent murder that happened at a cafe. Evidence was still left in the locker in the PD that hasn't been examined as of yet which consisted of mostly just weaponry used and some minor samples of blood.

"Here. This is a case that needs finished. Most of it's done except for some minor evidence that needs checked over." He handed it to her then walked over to his desk. Evan sat down and actually opened a book that had a title this time but he didn't exactly care as to what book it was. He wasn't in the mood for it now anyway.

She nodded, and took the file. "Thank you. Ill.. get to work right away." She said, and she headed out of his office, and into the big main room, and she looked up, seeing a completely bare office, it was like every one elses that was on her level, but other people had picture up and what not and it didnt look as naked as hers. The nameplate said 'Gallagher' and she sat down in the chair. She looked around at everyone else in the big room , they were all hard at work.

About two hours later, she had completely looked over the file, and inspected the things that were found at the crime scene. She got the blood work done and two ids came back on it. The man who was murdered, and another guy. Who was the suspect.
    ♥Volbeat♥

He sat alone in the lab for two hours, writing in his work in progress novel, and not really doing much else. It was an extremely slow day and the shift was almost over anyway by the time she finished with the case file. He didn't feel motivated after his screw up so he quickly escaped her vision and went to clock out for the day. He was planning on heading to the bar and getting something to forget his woes for today. It's not to say that he had a bad day but Evan definitely didn't have a good end to his shift.

He walked out of the police station and began heading to his car which was parked on the side of the road.

After the long day, Lavender put the file away and grabbed her bag as she headed out to her yellow Lancer and she got in and started it up. Hm. A bar sounded good right now. She debated for a while on her way home, then took a turn away from her apartment, one drink wont hurt. It was walking distance from her apartment so if she got too drunk, she could honestly just walk. She parked in front of thr bar, and got out. She walked in a requested a Bloody Mary. Her favorite.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan was seen sitting at the end of the bar. He was drinking the strongest possible vodka that he could get his hands on. He was kind of oblivious to everything that was going on but he was seen watching the TV and also trying to juggle eating wings. He wasn't exactly paying for a Buffalo Wild Wings meal but he didn't care. He just wanted to get his mind off of work which really didn't consist of much of anything of value anyway. He basically screwed up with an attractive new employee whilst killing any chance that he might get with her. Ugh, I don't know if it's even worth going to work tomorrow. Clearly she doesn't like me after that little stunt I pulled and I really hope no one watched what I did. Guess i'll find out tomorrow.

She drank the bloody mary, and got a fireball shot. Wow. Fhat hit the spot.. her throat burned for a moment then it stopped, she shook her head and took a deep breath. She lpoked over, seeing Evan. She debated whether or not to go over.
    Or would he pull another stunt like today? Maybe drop a quarter or something and ask her to pick it up. She shook the thought and stayed put. Maybe he would notice her.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan didn't move from his spot as he continued to drink a big glass of vodka. He didn't expect much out of his night. He wasn't intoxicated enough for this so he just kind of kept still as he continues to drink and watch TV. Today wasn't his day and he kept dreading on and on and kept drinking more and more. Evan didn't even notice that Lavender was even in the same bar as he was. He just assumed that not a single person from work was here so he just continued to keep to himself. He wasn't social anyway and was always even more of a recluse in the bar than at work. Well, here's to a boring night. Evan thought that as he suddenly sighed quietly to himself.

After a long while, Lavender stood and walked over. She had to make friends somehow with him. Maybe she could just forget about what happened. "Hey." She stated, and toom a seat across from him. She looked down, smelling the vodka coming off him. She just hoped he wasnt a craxy drunk. She knew she could be. She mostly just said random crazy funny shit.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"H-hi...." He said caught a little off guard at her sudden appearance beside him. He didn't expect that since he was pretty much at the bar all the time and thus this might have just screwed him from being an intelligent and smart person which he typically is on the job. "What are you doing here?" He continued to drink even more of his vodka because he wanted to make sure that by the time he was finished that he will be more than drunk and not remember anything that will happen tonight. If anything ever happens.

"Just.. to get a few.. things off my mind." She said, knocking back her second fireball. She squinted her eyes. "Geez.." she mumbled. "Whats a classy guy like you doing here?" She asked, glancing up at the tv, not able to focus much on it, so she looked back at him. The drinks were beginning to kick in. She just hoped she didnt make a fool of herself. She looked at him, remembering how handsome he was. Wow..
    ♥Volbeat♥

Evan looked at her and begin to admire her face. He didn't really think she was as beautiful as she looked but her thought that perhaps the alcohol was just getting to his head. He liked her though and she he felt that perhaps if she forgot about his mistake before the next shift then things should be somewhat normal. Evan didn't really know what normal is though since he wasn't exactly normal himself but he could give an idea of what it is.

"Just...kind of...nothing. I'm doing nothing here. I have nothing better to do anyway. You're quite attractive though. I wouldn't deny that. Definitely one of hottest women in the department." He mentioned as he continued to sip another drink, making glances at her as he tries to concentrate on the TV.

She nodded, listening to his slightly slurry words. But he was still understandable. Then she felt her cheeks become slightly warm from his last few words. She chuckled quietly, and tucked hair behind her ear. "Why.. thank you." She said , looking up at him, meeting his eyes at that moment. "Youre not so bad yourself." She added, the alcohol talking a bit there. But she meant it.
    "You don't want to be too hung over for work." She added, and she got up and got a beer, way toned down from the fireball drinks. She sipped on it, and ran her hands through her hair. Luckily tomorrow was Friday and the shifts werent too bad if she had that bad of a hangover.
    ♥Volbeat♥

He put his drink away from himself and turned towards her on his stool. He didn't know if he was doing anything in his right conscious or not but he hoped that the alcohol would make him forget it anyway. Alcohol was a privilege to have because you naturally forget what happens most of the time. He, however, move his hand to her shoulder and begin to rub it a little because he wanted to try to get physical contact going. Evan wasn't exactly thinking correctly at this moment.

"Too hung over for work? Wouldn't be the first time. Not like the boss will know. Unless you're willing to tell the next person you see about it." He joked a little about as he once again went back to his drink, not really caring too much about getting really drunk.