Login to your account

Thread: Let's Start Something

Let's Start Something

This is a call to anyone who wants to play anything. Seriously, I'm bored and willing to throw down some idea's, or listen to what other's have. I want to develop a game with some folks, I don't care who's idea it was originally, so if you got one, plop it down right here in this thread.

A setting that's been kicking around my head since late 2011 is a sci-fi post-apocalypse set in North America. Earth itself has recovered for the most part, a vast wilderness covers the continent, the half buried bones of the Old World poking through in it's dark corners.

The growing human populations have become tribal in nature, forming tight knit communities behind tall walls. Dire beasts and mutagenic aberrations have ensured that only the hardy, resourceful, and united have survived in an age where there is no cavalry.

Due to the revolutionary genealogical advances made before the end of the Old World, most of man's classic ailments have been eliminated, and their longevity greatly increased. The village elders commonly range in age from 110 - 150 years old, although ancients of 180 or more years are not unheard of. The hunters and warriors are able to develop physiques truly heroic in nature, capable of incredible feats of strength, endurance, and precision.

Adventuring is a viable career choice for the adept and the mad. Scoring a cache of Old World tech or opening a valuable trade route could set an individual and their family for life. More often than not it leads to an untimely death in the wilderness, whether resting with a slit throat in a shallow grave, or a bloody rending by the claws of a monster.

Things that still need developing:

How culture changes from tribe to tribe.
    The last ancient cities of the Old World.
    What kinds of tech can be found.
    A whole bunch of stuff.

So tell me what you think if you like it or don't like it, or don't say anything and just tell us about your idea. I don't mind, I just want to do something with someone.

SO LET THE CONVERSING COMMENCE
    Last edited by Red Heron; 12-30-2013 at 09:23 PM.