Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood of Value

She listened to him talk and watched him clean the plates up after them. From what he was saying, it would turn out, that he liked her enough to get jealous... The thought made her body temperature rise and feel all warm inside. Yes, she wanted to try and see if things could work out. "Then... I'd like the rule to apply to both," she said quietly and stood up from her chair. It was getting late and the day, or rather night, was long. It was time to get some rest. Selene bowed to Alexander and returned to her room obediently. Of course, Michael wasn't too far and after he made sure the woman went to her room, he returned to his Lord. Bowing, he got into Alexander's view.
    "My Lord, are you going to inform Lady Selene about your leave from the castle?"

Legendary Adventurer BurningSkylines's Avatar
    Alexander turned around before he even approached him. He turned come rely towards Micheal. "I don't know if I should actually leave at this very moment, why do I have to go now?" He asked, sitting down in the chair. "If I must, she will come with me." He said, eating some of the apple he took off the fruit holder. "She would be able to come with me, right? I mean it's a pretty smart choice."

Michel raised an eyebrow slightly. "Are you considering to take lady Selene in hopes for easier negotiation with her family?" he inquired. If he remembered his orders well, the master planned to leave her at the palace. "And does that mean, that your earlier request of courting her is canceled?" though he didn't show it on his face, Michael very much hoped that would be the case. Even if it was by his master's orders, he found it hard to even think of wooing someone of such a low standing as that woman. As he thought so, he made a mental note to reprimand himself. Questioning his master's decisions wasn't part of his duties and it was disrespectful, to say the least.
    "Shall I postpone the arrangements then?"

Alexander looked at him and laughed. "Cancel the wooing, I've been doing fine myself. Tell the maids to get her a suitcase and some clothes, prepping her for our trip." He sighed, sitting back in his chair. He was so close to getting those books, getting these would lead him to finding his mother and once he did he would have means to find out who his really father is and if he still was worthy to be a pack leader." (How would I say that for vampires? XD )

(Probably leader of the coven. :P )

"Pardon my rudeness, My Lord, but there is no one else more suited to lead the family," Michael protested heartily. "It's only under your leadership, that we managed to thrive in these parts without having any big confrontations with humans." Of course, maybe not everyone felt that way, but Alexander seemed to manage to keep everyone in check and that too brought only admiration.

"...I shall make sure Lady Selene's suitcase is prepared by the time you decide to leave. Should I also inform her about the trip?"

Alexander stood up from his desk and shook his head, standing up. "I will, seems she had a bit of a problem with you. I think she is intimidated by your hard attitude." He teased, standing up. "The trip is in two days, relax a bit Michael..we can prep for the trip tomorrow." He smiled, patting his shoulder gently before going up to Selene's room. He knocked gently on the door and let out a small sigh. "Selene? Are you still up?" He asked in a small whisper.

"Is that so?" Michael spoke in an emotionless voice, turning his gaze away. He couldn't care less what the woman thought about him. He only needed his master's approval and for that he'd do anything.
    As Alexander mentioned the preparations, Michael bowed down some "Understood," was all he said as he watched the man leave the room.

Selene was laying on the bed all wrapped in a warm blanket. She was far from asleep, but it didn't hurt to try to get some shut-eye. When she heard the knock on the door and the familiar gentle voice, she got off the bed quickly, throwing the blanket aside and straightening up her clothes some.
    "Please, come in," she spoke up, approaching the door.