As many of you know, I have not been around for about a year. I got an email from Xav asking me to come back, so I thought I should give an explanation as to my absence. There are three main reasons:

1. I have a two year old.
2. There was a major RIF (reduction in force...work reorganization etc) at my work and I had a holy crap ton of work dumped onto me when my boss was fired and I was put in charge of all projects and project management at work.
3. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of the year.

Before everyone freaks out on number 3 there, I want you all to know I am doing fine. I completed my chemotherapy at the end of August, had my double mastectomy and hysterectomy in September, have spent the month going through various procedures for reconstruction and I will have my final reconstruction surgery in November. I am officially cancer free now and doing very well.

At work, I have been promoted and I am in charge of my own department. This means that I have my own employees and my work load will lighten up soon.

I still have a two year old. And he is still awesome. A handful, but pure awesome.

I want to come back. I love roleplay and miss you guys. Life in insane, but it is calming down and not an every day struggle. (Chemo really takes it out of you even without having a toddler running around.) I will see how things treat me in the next few weeks. I don't want to show up and then disappear again because that is a crappy thing to do.

Also, before I lost my hair, I totally gave myself a green mohawk. Because why not?

-Utopia