Login to your account

Burn in ❖ Heaven

Heaven and Hell are the least of your problems.........

Tags: adventure, fantasy, heaven, hell

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Open

Creator: Sweetsunnyrain

Created: 09-04-2013, 11:10 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 31 to 46 of 46

1. Characters in this post:
    Eyes scanning over the banners until they landed on the one that contained her own name. Looking over those of her other teammates, Reyna couldn't say she was particular sure who most of them were. One name she did recognize, but she probably wouldn't have been able to put a face to that name 'Mac' just wasn't one of those people that really stood out for her to notice, even if she did try to take not of Hell's original student body.

The slender woman stood up quickly, but fluidly, her red eyes rolling to the side some as she shot the loud male duo a look of irritation. She began to make her way towards the banner, other students moving out of the way of the cool aired woman that approached them. She was mentally preparing herself for the upcoming fight; not so much because she was worried about herself, but she had to ensure that her team would not be holding her back either.

When it came to team work, Reyna wasn't necessarily the nicest person to be with, but she was reliable. She had her goals in sight and she wouldn't take no for an answer which could involve her pushing her team or picking up their slack should it come down to that. Upon approaching the banner, her red orbs settled on the stature of a meek-appearing woman, though Reyna had since long learned that one's appearances does not determine magical ability.

Eyes locking with those of the woman, she nodded her head in her direction as she came to stop near the group's meeting area. "I am Reyna," she said cooly. "A year five student originating from Hell." She eyes held no humor in them as she introduced herself to the first of her teammates.

2. Characters in this post:
    Arawn cutely smiled at the two men "Hello! It's nice to meet you both!" Standing up to begin heading over to the team sheets she looked at the men once more "Sorry we didn't get much time to talk! But maybe we'll end up on the same team! Or at the very least see each other later! Farewell!" Clutching her backpack Arawn began making her way over to the sign up sheet. She always loved to see who she ended up on a team with especially this year with the addition of the Hell students.

Finally arriving at the team postings Arawn scanned the paper for her name, the amount of new students on the team postings was astounding. She had no idea there were that many transfers from Hell and new students. Finally finding her name she made her way over to her teams area, she only knew 1 person on her team and she didn't know them well at all. Everyone else was either a new student or a Hell transfer.

Though she didn't look it Arawn was quite skilled with fighting, her shapeshifting abilities have always been quite useful. She was knew her role well in battle which was essentially damage sponge, being able to cover herself in a thick exoskeleton was useful when fighting multiple opponents. Arawn was anxious to find out her teams abilities wondering what they would bring to the table.

Finally arriving at her teams area she walked up to both girls, Arawn knew the dark blonde haired woman from last year though not by name. The dark haired girl was new to Arawn and it was uncertain if she was a transfer or first year. "Hello! I'm Arawn!" she said with a large smile across her face. Turning to the dark blonde haired girl "You may remember me since you were here last year! Though I don't think we ever talked, what's your name?"

3. Characters in this post:
    It was bittersweet to part from the guy he was so desperately trying to team up with but, alas, he decided he would stop eating up his time and meet with his team. Bounding over to the girl who stated she was Reyna, the cheeky male instantly let a cocky grin slip onto his face. "It must be fate, my love, for we are on the same team!"

Tony, if anything, never really understood that whole "personal boundaries" thing so he completely disregarded the raven's space and instantly went in for a squeeze. It was a quickie though so he sensed a coldness in her like no other. "Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorn," he stammered out while sheepishly backing away. But Tony, being a man of action, didn't let his flirtatious gestures get the best of him nor the moment. With a smile back on his face and that suave sheen in his eyes, he gave his fellow teammates a good wave. "Hello, I'm Tony. I'm a newbie so I haven't a school to call my own. Oh well!"

As his eyes looked around the group, he noticed Arawn was on his team as well. "Le gasp, you're on my team too!" For not knowing any of these people, he sure was excited about having them on his team. But, lingering in the corner of his mind, he was desperately wishing he was on Renner's team. Oh what he would give to partner up with his idol.

Mind focusing on the task at hand, he jumped right into things. "So how are we going to handle this shindig we've been tasked with? As a fifth year, you must have some pretty impressive powers. But I don't envision the professors will go easy on us, especially having you to back our play." Giving a shrug, he looked at his own hands before looking back up at his team, "And not to be a Johnny Rain Cloud, but I don't think a medic will be much help whatsoever for this fight." Biting his lip, he turned to his other teammates with the hopes that they would at least prove more useful than he.

4. Characters in this post:
    Not overly eager whatsoever about the forthcoming events, Renner scooted off toward his group, but did his best to remain out of the conversation. Even when they went around saying names and schools, he kept silent. It was pretty obvious he was not thrilled nor did he have any interest in being a part of the team dynamic. Thankfully, being the only one not to state his name made him pretty easy to peg. With everyone else actively in attendance, Renner Casanova had to be the only one left and that, of course, was he.

With a coy smirk and a good shoulder shrug, he eventually broke his reign of silence with "Just don't get in my way," which came off as cold and murderous as one would expect from the local badass.

5. Characters in this post:
    A simple twitch of the eyebrow was the first response that Renner got from Jeanne. The girl had overheard his little introduction on her way to the section labeled "A", where another male already stood.

"Excuuuse me?" She crossed her arms, "Don't get in your way? How 'bout piping down a little on that arrogance of yours, huh?"

Jeanne frowned, "I'm going to assume that you're not Trudy or Leland, so you're probably that Casanova kid. Well, Mister Renner, I'm Jeanne Marie, a student from Hell. It's...well, it's nice to meet you."

The sarcasm dripped from her words like honey from a hive- if Renner took the bait, the bees that resided inside the aforementioned honeycombs would sting him at once.

I'm a bit confused, as no one on Renner's team has actually introduced themselves, but I'll make the post anyways. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

The other male I've mentioned is Leland, who I've presumed to have already teleported over due to the previous post.

6. Characters in this post:
    Leland eyed the entirety of his team, taking careful (and slightly scornful) note of the taller male. There was no denying his physique, akin to that of a draught horse, but not nearly as docile. Renner Casanova (that name must have been his choice because what adult would think of something so tacky?) had the sort of smirk that exuded cockiness and his standoffish words did little to get into Leland's good graces. Well, not that it seemed to be his goal in the first place.

For a few moments Leland was silent, deciding that he was better off not immediately making enemies but Jeanne would have none of the that. She had done well to voice her feelings, but a part of him wondered if it would cause tension between the two. As much as he had already written off Renner, everyone was still an asset to the team and being that they were four to some teams' five, it was necessary to feign working together.

"Leland Planteget," he replied coolly, keeping his hands in his pocket, "though it's best to worry less about yourself and more about how you'll actually help the team."

7. Characters in this post:
    Reyna would be lying to herself if there wasn't this small pain in her chest when she saw that Renner wasn't on her team. Even with her mind wandering, she made sure to keep an eye on the others that were joining the group; they had been joined by a tall purple haired female that seemed a bit scattered brained and untrustworthy in combat; but most overly friendly women tend to get that reaction from the bookworm. A part of her did feel bad about judging one's combat abilities on their personality, after all Jeanne definitely worked her butt off to surpass the dark haired woman. Just as her facial expression was threatening to give away that she was somewhere else mentally, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her body.

The second she felt another human body cozying up against hers, Reyna's blood boiled and by boiled, it froze over, her body temperature dropping to that of ice almost instantly. At least whomever it was didn't seem dense enough to miss the not-so-subtle hint. Once he had moved away from her, Reyna was able to see that the male that had hugged her was the same one that had been sitting next to Renner; talk about throwing salt on the wound. At least the boy was quick to jump to the topic at hand, something the woman appreciated.

A smirk crossed her face as Reyna look lead of the group. "Having a medic in a team always gives an edge," the woman finally spoke up, her voice low and quiet as her eyes skimmed over the rest of her teammates. Arms crossing after a few moments she then asked, "What does everyone else specialize in? We are going to want to have a plan should we wish to weather this display."

8. Characters in this post:
    A gesture that was supposed to be a greeting was cut off by a young man who seemed to nearly fly at Reyna, right? and latch onto her like a monkey to a tree. She watched the interaction with a large grin, and she laughed some, but suddenly, her attention was pulled elsewhere.

A small girl, another introducing herself, called herself Arwan. It was a curious name, and she seemed to at least know of Lastoy. In realization of the fact that she was recognized, her smiled dimmed for a moment, but lit back up as quickly as it had faded.

"Ah! Yeah. I think we were. I'm actually... I was actually put into my first year again. I... I think there was a mistake in the transfers and all," she chuckled, a hoarse, very fake sound. "With all the papers and stuff being moved around, I guess it would be easy to make a mistake, right? Anyway! I'm Lastoy. Nice to meet ya', Arwan." She offered her hand, but then the mention of specializations quickly distracted her. Not noticing that she could easily be seen as particularly rude, she spoke to Reyna.

"I specialize in strength." Lastoy said suddenly, raising the hand that was offered to Arwan earlier to draw attention to herself. "Name's Lastoy, and it is nice to be working with all of ya'!"

9. Characters in this post:
    Taking Lastoy's hand Arawn shook it enthusiastically"Well it's nice to finally know your name Lastoy!" Hearing the slight pain in her voice about having to repeat her first year Arawn put on a cute smile "And don't feel bad about having to do your first year again! Just think of it as time to better hone your skills, and meet new people!" Seeing a few new people approach the group Arawn became excited thinking about meeting everyone!

Seeing Tony rush up to the group and tightly grab the dark haired female, Arawn couldn't help but to try and stifle a laugh. Arawn got excited seeing someone else she knew on the team and began bouncing up and down slightly "Tony! Ya! We're on the same team!" Quickly regaining her composure Arawn stopped bouncing.

Looking at the dark haired girl she waved "Hello! You probably heard me introduce myself to Lastoy but I'm Arawn!" Hearing the girl ask about specializations Arawn perked up and got excited "Oh oh! I'm a shape shifter!" taking off her backpack and jacket Arawn held up both of her arms "Watch!" A black armor like mass began to make its way up her arm starting from her elbow and extending up to her hands. The armor nearly tripled the size of her arm, the black mass appeared to be a hard exoskeleton, her elbows now had two long protrusions jetting out from them both hands hand medium length claws on each finger.

Very pleased with herself Arawn was standing there with her now massive arms "Cool right?! I can cover my entire body with this stuff, but the more I cover the slower I move because this stuff is heavy! I'm also trained in hand to hand combat, oh I can also just change my physical appearance, though that's not combat related…" The black mass began receding into Arawn's arms as if she was absorbing the mass, once absorbed she stood there with a big grin on her face "So in a fight I can easily take hits and dish them back out!"

((For a better idea of the armor look at Arawn's Character Page))

10. Characters in this post:
    Everything was happening fast. One moment True was in conversation with Lastoy regarding the evaluations and the next it seemed like everything had gone into motion as everyone started buzzing around the hall about their assigned groups. Some were ecstatic to be among friends and some were literally wallowing with dramatic agony for being separated. True was neither. She was touched when Lastoy expressed her desire to be groupmates, but honestly, True was relieved that they weren't. She really liked her new friend. And she knew being in the same group wouldn't possibly work to her favor. Nope. They settled instead with a promise to have lunch together. True liked that.

Now, time to face the music. Reluctantly, she started towards her assigned group. Group A. From afar, she noted the crowd that had already gathered there. Great, even acquainting with her newly formed group, she was a step late. She missed most of the conversation but from what she could deduce, there was already a blood war going on between two of the members. She didn't mean to, really. But sarcasm hits her hard. She couldn't ignore it once she'd heard. Oh God, no, True, don't. “She doesn't think so. For her, meeting you is not an event she would consider nice.” And there she goes.

Sighing, she continued. “I'm Trudy Vines. You can call me True. Transfer student. First year.” She considered Leland's words. “I'm pathetically hopeless in combat battle,” she confessed. “But, I'm priceless intel if you know how to use me.”

11. Characters in this post:
    Ever-absentminded and ever-late, the lanky form of Piers Gable floated distractedly toward Group A. He smiled vaguely at them all, his unsettling eyes flitting between the brash brightness of Jeanne, the sedate and sardonic Leland, the charming cad known to him as Renner, and the startling straightforward stranger Trudy. The animosity already running high in the group seemed to pass over his wispy head as he tilted his head to one side, continuing his nebulous smile.

"Sorry... running late..." his voice was as foggy as his drifting form, soft and fading in and out. "I'm... Piers." He remembered Renner, faintly. The man was a genius with his arms, and Piers was always impressed at his combat prowess, as well as his ingenuity. "Casanova... good to see you again." He meant it, but he didn't seem to have a mean bone in his body. He might not have any bones in his body, truth be told.

"Well... I suppose we have our work cut out for us." The bizarre-looking youth murmured, his eyes unfocusing. "I think... we'll do just fine." He spoke in more of a sigh than actual statements, all very gentle but hard to hear. It might get on some people's nerves as much as it soothed others.

12. Characters in this post:
    My post was a poor attempt to get the ball rolling a bit faster with the groups. I noticed no one had posted yet so I figured I would just state that he simply listened to the intros and whatnot. It's not like it wasn't going to happen; I just didn't want to wait around for people to post, especially since I didn't have much to post in the first place. *shrug*

Looking at the group that now formed before him, Renner let out a sigh. Things were going to suck. The group was a bunch of misfits and no one really knew the other. Not wanting to break the ice, he was glad to see Piers approach the group. This guy would do a good job at getting everyone on the same page. As he addressed Renner, he gave the male a light head nod. It served as a form of acknowledgement more than anything else.

It was pretty clear no one really wanted to be doing this. The awkward silence between them now proved it. Rolling his eyes, the blonde slid his hands into his pockets.

"Looks like I haven't a choice but to offer my assistance," he scoffed in a nonchalant manner. He hated the idea of being "team lead" but if push came to shove, he could take the role and he would do a mediocre job at it. Let's face it, Renner wasn't the ideal man to lead an army, but at least he would do so in a way that would probably result in a victory. Granted, the casualty count would be high.

"What do we have to work with?" He was referring to everyone's powers. With his back to the other groups, he slowly morphed his arm into his usual bladed object. "I'm a shifting, though I'm only able to alter my right arm." Depending on what the others said, Renner might have to take a defensive role rather than an offensive one, but that was purely up to the skill sets of the others.

"Anyone a defender, buffer, or healer?" His lips shifted to the side. "Come on, people. This is a timed event. If we keep loafing around, we'll lose because we didn't come up with a strategy. And I don't know about you punks, but I don't want to be a the laughing stock of the school." His eyes narrowed and a stern look crossed his features. "Don't think I won't make your school year hell if you fuck up." It was his final remark before he unleashed the "hounds" (his teammates) to mingle and sort things out.

But hey, at least there was a sense of direction now, right?

13. Characters in this post:
    A frown crossed Tony's face for a moment. When Arawn mentioned her powers, he realized why he wasn't on Renner's team. Shifters were rather common and the fact that these two were so similar meant they couldn't be on the same team. From the looks of it, the teams weren't composed of friends either, another reason why Renner and Tony were split up. With a sigh, he regrouped and offered Reyna a smile.

"I'm afraid healing is about all I can do. Well, I can jam the enemy, too. I'm not all that good when it comes to offense or defense. I guess I'll leave that to you all." With a large, cheesy grin on his face, he laughed. "But I'll raise and assist any of you who should fall. I got your back in the end."

It was now time to move onto how they were going to take down a skilled professor. Who should attack and in what order. Tony crossed his arms. "Arawn, I think you should be our running defense. If you notice someone's about to take damage, could you rush to them and block? Since it's only one professor, I don't envision we'll receive multiple attacks. So while the prof is attacking someone and Arawn is defending, we can have Reyna and Lastoy move in for the kill?" Pointing at himself, he chuckled. "I'll be the bait. I'm the most vulnerable. I'm also super helpful toward the end of a battle. So taking me out first would be easy. If we can get the professor to focus on me, the rest of you could work on the knock out." He gave a shrug. "But I am new here so I'm not really sure what's kosher and what's not. Not to mention, I don't know anything about the professors or their powers."

Kicking his foot at the air before him, he bashfully ruffled his hair with his hand. "If someone has a better idea, I'm cool with following that one. I'm just laying out idea to get the brainstorms a rollin." He was downright adorable and he was such a sweetheart. There was no way someone wouldn't take advantage of him, which was Tony's goal.

14. Characters in this post:
    This man was something special. No, not the Renner boy with the superiority complex. He only had one arm to fight (God knows what he did to his other one) so he would be only marginally more useful as a fighter. Piers had an ethereal, otherworldly quality about him that Leland hadn't seen before. His voice, his manner of movement, and even his face as it faded in and out of a solid form. As it were, his power was obviously vapor related and his seemingly calm state of mind reflected that. He must be from Heaven, Leland mused as he tried hard not to tune out Renner's attempt at coaxing everyone to talk.

"We're quite honored for your assistance, but you should really work on your social skills," Leland replied, adjusting his tie, "I'm a teleport with decent knife work so if nothing else we have the makings of a stealth team."

There was already Trudy with her "hopelessness in combat", but useful skill of interrogation so she could be shadowed by either Renner or Jeanne while he and Piers weaved through the battlefield. The last person (likely Jeanne) could provide support from afar. A gladiator-esque arena would be much more difficult to deal with, but not impossible.

Leland closed his eyes for a moment, unsure whether to laugh or be irritated at his teammate's arrogance. Apparently the heat from earlier had tried his patience much more than he thought.

"If you're going to make threats at least be able to back them up," he said with a half-lidded expression.

15. Characters in this post:
    Who didn't love teasing a man with a noticeably bad personality? Wait, wait. No one. Why piss off a man who you know nothing about. Even if he spoke only lies, would your life be worth putting on the line? This was obviously the case for Leland. Renner already disliked his team and now this wise ass was only making matters worse. But would Renner let this guy win? No. Of course not. It was more fun to play with his food anyway. In this game of cat and mouse, Renner would emerge the winner. He was crooked and didn't care. He enjoyed that life. It was fun and worry-free.

His eyes were veiled by a shadow cast by hid golden fringe and a small smirk tugged at the corner of his lip. "Why don't you just worry about yourself and let me work on my threats, princess." Renner wouldn't waste another breath on this kid. He wasn't worth his time and he brought no useful knowledge forward. Turning to his misty classmate, Renner exchanged a glance of 'this year is going to suck' with the ghostly man. It was true. This year was going to suck.

//Ignore mistakes. Posting from phone.

16. Characters in this post:
    The sirens in her head was blaring. This was danger zone. This cynical banter was way too much for her. She could literally start a war between her own teammates. Suppressing as much obvious-not-helping-commentary as she could, True turned from the others. "I should go. I'll try getting as much info from the professors. And trust me, the less I know about all your plans and strategies, the better. I'm a liability to have around. So I'll make myself useful by being a liability to other people."

Without looking back, she sprinted from the group and skidded to stop in front of a group of professors. After a moment of thought, she stepped carefully instead to a lone clerk, typing profusely on her lapbook. "Hi," she chirped. The woman looked up, her eyes barely visible under dark lens as a tight smile crossed her lips, not quite reaching her eyes, as if the mere act of acknowledging another human being was a bother. "Yes, can I help you?"

True let out a small breath. Power, On. "Yes," she started. "I have a few questions to ask."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 31 to 46 of 46