Login to your account

Thread: WTFRPG According to Xavi

WTFRPG According to Xavi

I know we have guides posted throughout the site but I often find myself having to reword things. I also love to use images. Rather than making 101 guides, I decided to make my own little spot to house all my WTF How To Guides. Please note that this is not the official guide of WTF. Everything reflected in this guide is based on my own experiences and preferences so please don't take offense to this if you don't like my style -- it was not my intention.

Anyway, I hope you find this helpful.
    -Xavi

To keep this clean and organized, I ask, if you have questions, to PM me directly rather than post on here. I will try to add to this, covering the wide array of questions I've been asked.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 03-19-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Full Feature Games vs Thread Based Games: What's the Diff?
    WTF has this unique feature called the FFRP system -- the Full Feature Roleplay. This system is a super organized way to host a game. It allows you to keep characters clean and up to date as well as determine how you're going to lay out locations or chapters.

FFRP is great for group roleplays but it's also perfect for 1x1s.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Full Feature Roleplay Guide: Explaining the Tab System
    Below you will find my guide to the tabs. I've tried to highlight stuff such as GM tools as well as player options. I kept the tabs in order, as you'll see below. I've also explained each of the tabs in a little more detail. Enjoy.

OVERVIEW
    This tab explains what the story is all about. This is where the background, rules, and character information are listed. Make sure you check back here frequently as rules are subject to change. Also keep an eye on character openings. Just because the roleplay is full now doesn't mean it won't have openings later. You can subscribe to any story you like too so you never have to miss a post!

CHARACTERS
    This tab explains who's in the story. You can get detailed information on the characters just by clicking their name. You can ever leave little messages on the character's profile such as, "Oh he's sexy" or "Can you be more specific with his weapon." You have full range with the profile too. Granted, some GMs are more specific than others. Some require special layouts or looks. Be sure to check the rules to see if such restrictions apply to you.

GAME WORLD
    Probably the coolest feature for WTF. WTF allows the GM to craft the game to his/her desires. Want it location based? That's fine. What about chapters, phases, or sections? That works too. The Game World is a way to organize a game, per the GM's desires. Locations can also be locked where some require a key to post. If you don't see a location and the GM says it's there, make sure to ask about getting a key. You might just be locked out of the room!

GAME LOG
    This is like reading a book. It goes from first post to last. You can organize it too -- by character or by location. Just remember, if you don't toggle it to one of those settings, you will see everything and the order everything was posted.

RECENT POSTS
    If you've been keeping up with the story, there's no need to start at the beginning! The Recent Posts tab allows you to see who posted what recently. This can be helpful, especially if you're trying to figure out if you're up next!

Journal
    Characters have feelings too, ya know! Want to have your character write down his/her thoughts? Well, this is the place. GMs can also throw guides or profile skeletons up here. This is just another means for organizing the game.

OOC
    The place where you kick-back and relax. This is where you go to get updates and mingle with your fellow roleplayers. Sometimes GMs will throw up guides here or other outside information. Swing by this area if you're feeling lonely or what to plot -- it's what it's there for.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-23-2013 at 01:16 PM.

More FFRP Stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your Profile: How to Make it Personalized
    This is the kind of stuff that helps you stand out as a user. Check out the options you have to really make yourself shine!

Signatures
    Signatures are a great way to show off who you are and what you're into. Not sure how to set up a sig? Simply click your name and see the possibilities!

Background NPC
    This has been a great help; thank you so much!!