Login to your account

Thread: Console Wars

Console Wars

So lately we've entered another console war with the upcoming PS4 and Xbox1. Honestly I've gotten a bit bored of stuff like that but Cad-Comics gave me a great RP idea... what if the console war was an actual war? Here's my idea so far...

In the Xbox main camp, things are becoming heated when suddenly, a missile comes down. "Incoming!" A private yells just in time for most to duck for cover, the missile striking one of the barracks which exploded on impact. Deeper into the camp, an argument has struck amongst the command. "Sir, we can't take much more of Sony's artillery, we're losing this war and Nintendo hasn't even made their move yet! If they attack --" The officer is interrupted by one of the researchers. "They may be biding their time, waiting for Sony to do all the work, then they swoop in for the killing blow while we're weakened... a brilliant tactic."

However, in the Nintendo main camp, things seem to be going on a standstill, as they bathe in satisfaction at their late project; the WiiU. Convinced that their early move into the next generation of weaponry would allow them to bide their time and slip through the war unscathed.

On the battlefield however, two Sony snipers are hiding within a building. "What have we got?" One of them would as, aiming at an opposite building. "Looks like a couple of bones, 3 o' clock, Fourth floor, center window." The other sniper aimed and took his shot, a clean bullet to the head. With the success of their endeavor, the two fist bumped. "So much for always on!" One of them let out with a chuckle. "I guess you could say the shot kinect-ed!" The other responded.

Meanwhile, behind enemy lines, Xbox military struggle with their equipment. "It's no use, radio's dead, we can't reach the rest of our squad!" One of them muttered, shaking around the aforementioned item. "Dammit, guess we're on our own from here..." the leader of the trio mumbled, reloading behind cover. The youngest member of the crew however, appeared to be panicking. "But we're behind enemy lines! How are we going to make our 24 hour check-in?" The one with the radio attempted to reassure him. "Rumor has it command has rescinded that order." Unfortunately, all that achieved was to anger the private. "They changed procedure again? No wonder we're getting our asses kicked if nobody can settle on a fucking strategy!" He'd groan, pointing his weapon out in case of an enemy attack. It was his commander's turn to be enraged. "Soldier, those are your superior officers! If they say "clusterfuck!" you say "how big?" understand?" He'd let out. A brief moment of silence would follow before the private looked through the sight of his weapon. "Sir, yes sir!"

Later that night, the trio found shelter in a nearby building. As night came, the commanding officer spoke to the radio man. "Get some rest Davis, I'm taking first watch." To which the man responded, scribbling on a sheet of paper. "Just finishing up this letter to my mom, sir... just in case." He let out, pulling a picture out of his wallet. "She's all alone if I don't make it back. Pa passed from a red ring attack a few years ago. He served in the last war... used to tell me stories... I didn't expect it to be like this. Do you think we can win this one, sir?" He'd ask, turning to his commanding officer who looked out the window, a sour expression on his face. "I'm just a grunt, kid. It's not my job to think. It's my job to hold the line until the labcoats can ready that "cloud weapon" they're working on... I will say at this rate it had better be one big fucking nuke, though." Silence then fell in their impromptu camp.

So there you have a generally idea of how the war is going so far. Due to some very poor choices and an excessive reliance on a dodgy network, Xbox is at the losing end of the war but is still fighting, the command is hoping that correcting their decisions this late in the battle will be enough to change things and the scientists are working on a weapon they simply call "the cloud", hoping it'll have the expected impact. Nintendo, on the other hand, is pretty confident that stepping into the war early and securing their bases should be enough to scare away the competition and let them pass through this war without too much issue, they bid on safety over victory, but still occasionally make a move to collect information on their enemies for a potential future war.

Like the idea so far?
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    So I see that you turned this into an actual war, interesting. . .
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

I thought it could be.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.