Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Beyond the Norm

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.

Being Beyond the Norm

Name: Yuuma Kagami
    Look:
    imagesCA600Q5R.jpgimagesCACEV1OA.jpgtumblr_m2om00tuoc1r4gepxo1_1280.jpgvy2_yuma_by_colamu_d4kuj07_by_lamunan-d5tt1js.jpg
    Personality: A perfect mix of talkative and quiet. He's quite intelligent and knows too much for his own good. He's not judgmental and can be very open to things. Not that creative to things that don't interest him.
    Abilities/Skills: In regards to his powers, he has the ability to touch the dead and see what they see. Basically, he can see the memories of that person. Outside of his supernatural ability, you can only count on him for first aid and anything to help with healing. He's very book smart and loves to write. He sucks at fighting and can't save his own life for crap.
    Story: He's not exactly rich, but he's not exactly what you call middle class. He never had much going on in life, but school, friends, and academics. One day, he and a group of friends went out to the movies to celebrate their arrival to an academy for the gifted. As they were heading back, they witnessed a murder. Little be known that the murder was a serial killer's doing. His friends were noticed, so he shot all but himself and another friend. The killer ran away, sparing their lives. He felt a weird surge of energy coming from himself and the body, so he walked up it and touched it. He witnessed the murder of the poor man right in his own mind. Just as he staggered back from shock, the cops caught them and accused them of murder. Due to some connections, they were given the chance to catch the culprit and prove their innocence.
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

Name: Akane Daichi
    Appearance:
    Personality: Akane has a mild double personality disorder. Under most circumstances she is a cocky, tomboyish and hot-headed girl , but when she deals with too much stress she falls back on her alternate personality. A more mature and stoic but also demure persona. She keeps memories of both sides and neither of the personalities really go against the other's wishes, so aside from the change in general behavior it's nothing major.
    Abilities/Skills: Akane's power is the ability to bring highlight important objects. Basically, objects that can be useful to her current goal will shine eerily. Outside of this ability, she has a grasp of Bajiguan making her a capable and `hard-hitting fighter as well as talent for most forms of acrobatics, gymnastics and some questionable skills such as pick-pocketing and lock-picking. What she lacks in book smarts she makes up for in street smarts, but she couldn't do detective work to save her own life and is deathly afraid of heights.
    Story: Akane's parents are of the lower middle class, which is to say she couldn't count of them to get her three meals a day. In her youth, when she was too young for legal work, she quickly learned to pick pockets in order to survive, but quickly quit such behavior when more legal alternatives presented themselves. She joined gymnastics in high-school as a hobby and learned Bajiguan as a method of self defense. One day, while out with a group of friends, a serial killer murdered someone before their eyes and began shooting at them. Suddenly, the trash can lid next to her lit up and she reflexively picked it up, blocking a bullet that was coming her way and formidably surviving the ordeal. Together with her one remaining friend Yuuma, Akane now has to prove her innocence by capturing the murderer.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Yuuma sat quietly in the back of the police car. As he and Akane were being sent to the police station, the only thought swirling in his head was the murder of the poor man they just witnessed. The face of the murderer was burned into the back of his mind as he tried what he could to shake it out, but it was no good. 'This guy is insane! Now, I'm being accused as an insane person!' he screamed in his head as head his face in his hands. Just as he lifted his head to talk to Akane, one of the policemen's phone went off. He picked it up quickly and gave small responses to the voice in the other end. He leaned over to talk to the other cop before turning to look back at them. "You're not going into the slammer this time. Because of your school and the influence of your parents connections, you're being set free." the policeman announced to the two. "What's the condition? There is always one with these kinds of situations!" Yuuma blurted on impulse. The cop gave a slight chuckle before looking back at him with a serious glint in his eyes. "Yes there is a condition. Your pretty smart kid. The condition is, you two have to catch the actual culprit." he said with a humorous tone. "Like hell they could." the other cop laughed under his breath. "What jerks?" he whispered over to Akane.

"Don't mind them, we're underage. It's normal for adults to underestimate us." Was Akane's reply. After all the stress witnessing that murder and being arrested put her under, her more mature personality had kicked in. Inspecting her nails with a bored gaze, she lifted her eyes to look at the police men. "I didn't know it was illegal to witness a crime. The victims were clearly killed by gunshots and we don't have any weapons on us. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?" She asked on a coy tone, her hand running through her long alabaster hair. Akane watched a little too many cop shows for her own good. Under normal circumstances she would've been too busy bitching at the police officers to make a valid point, but this wasn't the every day Akane sitting next to Yuuma. "Don't get smart, girl. We found the gun at the end of the alley way. No finger prints either. The way I see it; you two punks threw the gun as far as you could hoping it'd look like the actual killer had run off and dropped it in his hurry. But nobody can be calculated enough to kill 5 people with one clip and then drop their gun by accident." They found the gun? But she didn't see the police officers bring the weapon into the car as evidence. There was no way they could've tested for prints on the spot either.

The way she saw it; the only reason the blame was being put on them was because the cops knew the actual murderer and that person was too important to be arrested. The only thing the cops could do was pin the murders on someone else so they'd look good on paper, or hope that someone who is not a cop would hand them the culprit. She didn't have any proof, but it was the only logical reasoning her street smart mind could think of. "Yuuma..." She whispered this time, unlike earlier when she told him to relax. "...I think it's obvious by now, but don't trust the cops." With those words, she looked to the two police officers with a severe expression in her eyes.

"What are we talking about dead line wise? You can't possibly be expecting us to do this over night, but I doubt you'd let suspected murderers run around freely indefinitely." The officer who wasn't driving turned to her and rose his hand, as though threatening to slap her. "Kenshiro told you not to get smart!" She looked at him with a cocked eyebrow, as though daring him to actually hit her. Like it or not, he was a police officer, that kind of behavior would look bad. "Yoshi, just answer the question. They need to know." The driver let out, calming down his partner before a display of police brutality could occur. A brief pause followed and the police officer known as Yoshi sat himself back down. "...you have one week."

"You think?" Yuuma whispered back in a more frantic manner than the situation called for. He heaved a sigh and started to shake his legs. While the police and Akane were at ends with another, Yuuma managed to hear bits and pieces of their conversation and put it together in his head. "One week, huh?" he said to himself as he closed his eyes and tried to think their situation through. "He managed to kill five of our friends, plus his intended victim. Then, he runs down the alley and let's the gun fall in order to pin it on us. He's, apparently, a well known serial killer. . ." he muttered to himself as he tried to connect the traces in his mind. 'Wait a second. . . He also has a vertical scar on his left eye. Perfectly white teeth and barely noticeable dimples. . . He's a lefty. He shot with his left. Judging by the size and the fact he managed to make a quick getaway. . . He has an athletic build. . .' he thought to himself as he remembered the memories of the guy left behind.

Just then, he managed to connect the evidence in his mind to one of his research papers he did in psychology class. 'This guy. . . He's the Headshot Gunslinger. His M.O. is headshot to the forehead. No one knows what he looks like, but me. . .' he thought to himself before nudging Akane. When he managed to get her attention, he mouthed, "I know who it is."

"No kidding?" She asked the boy. Having already narrowed the possibilities down to one person was something only Yuuma could do, but to have done so this quickly must've been insane. There had to be some kind of catch and she wanted to make sure before she got her hopes up. Her crystal irises slowly slid from Yuuma to the police officers, then back to him and she smile, however briefly. It was funny for a girl to be the brawn of a pairing, if her other personality was the one in charge she'd already be considering this like the plot of one of her tv shows. "Do you know where we're going?" She continued. The ride was long and they weren't going to the slammer, so there had to be some other place. Cops didn't just drive suspects around for a joy ride, right?

"Yeah, its easy once you know the M.O. And even if it wasn't, the possibility its a copycat is still out there, which won't take me that long to figure out." Yuuma explained to the girl. He looked out the window and, to his surprise, they weren't going to the police station. They had passed the turn and went down a couple more streets. 'Where are they taking us?' he thought, pondering this event. He nudged Akane's side before giving her a worried look. He brought his mouth closer to her ear and whispered, "I have a weird feeling about this. They skipped all the possible turns for the police station." He then noticed they parked in front of what looked like an abandoned warehouse. Before he could think of anything else, the door opened, and he was thrown out of the car.

"I'm impressed..." She admitted as he explained his reasoning. But right now the fact that he knew the killer did not particularly matter as she had a feeling some more pressing business would have to be attended to. "This is shady." She noted as they stopped in front of the warehouse and as out was thrown Yuuma, soon did Akane follow. What was going to happen to them? "I never killed anyone... I'd hate to have to start with a cop." Those were the thoughts of the cold personality currently in possession of her body, but if her real personality was in charge, she'd be screaming in panic. The police officer's holster glistened and it is then that she realized something bad might happen, but she didn't want to risk another illegal charge when she already had one on her back. Killing someone would do very little to clear their names, especially a police officer. "What's the deal?" She asked, getting to her feet and placing her hair.

"Shut up! Kids like you to already know the killer and their M.O.? We can hear you. That news was not even released due to the killer being new. So spill it. How did you get the information?" the one named Yoshi screeched. Yuuma was still on the ground, curled up in a ball, covering his head. "Get up! Big baby!" the one named Kenshiro yelled as he pulled the boy by the collar of his shirt and threw him against the car. "Aw. . ." he hissed. He saw the glint of the knife that was protruding from Yoshi's hand. He started to panic a little inside. He could feel his heart racing. 'Oh no! They have knives and guns and all sorts of shit to kill us with! No wait. . . If I just tell them, they'll release Akane.' he thought, turning to Akane. He mouth sorry before shifting his gave to the cops. "Okay, Akane knew nothing of the information! It was all me. My dad is an investigator. He was in the shower, and I happen to pass by his office when he got an email. Being my nosey self, I opened the email and the document that came with it and read the damn thing! I thought the case would've been solved by now, so I memorized the information and used in a report. So that my dad wouldn't know, I closed out the document, and marked the message as unread. There! You have it!" he managed in a panic.

While Yuuma successfully distracted the police officers with his rent, Akane reached for the glowing item - Kenshiro's gun - and managed to take it without alerting the two of them. She did not plan on using it on the police officers, she wanted to clear her name, not become a reknown serial killer. Still, if it came to it, whether it be now or later, it would be convenient to have a gun. Quickly, she slid it under her skirt, concealing it in the garter around her leg and she took a step back, setting herself close to the car. Slowly, with the gun now in her possession, her stress dropped to a level where her usual personality took hold. "Y-you got what you wanted! It's mr.Kagami's fault he doesn't check his computer better! Let us go!" She yelled out, hoping the officers would react accordingly.

"Wow. . . Even a top notch investigator like Kagami could make a huge mistake like that." Yoshi smirked. "Hah! What a useless man!" Kenshiro commented with a laugh. Hearing this, Yuuma's eyes seemed to change. From a panic to more of a deranged look. "Fine, we'll let you off the hook. Just sit quietly in the car, and we'll take you to the police station." Kenshiro let out. Yuuma was as pissed as you can make a shy honor student. Knowing he had no ability in fighting what so ever, this was the first time he ever thought of using violence on others. He opened the car door and slid himself inside, covering his eyes in the process. He was taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm down. "My father is not useless. . ." he muttered under his breath. He knew he couldn't do anything due to the situation. Trying to assault a cop would just make things worse, so Yuuma bared with it.

Akane sighed in relief and jumped into the car along with Yuuma. "Don't worry about it, they're just low lives." She let out, first making sure the doors and windows were closed so the cops wouldn't hear them from outside. "Don't worry, if things get sour I'll handle it." She promised just as the cops got in themselves and drove them down to the police station. This time, they got to get out of the car on their own, something which Akane did promptly. The last thing she wanted to do was spend another minute with those two officers. "So why not just drop us off home? We already arranged the deal. What're you going to do? Put a GPS on us?" She let out on a sarcastic tone. Unfortunately the police officers had a nod for reaction.

Inside the station, they were given ankle cuffs. The type of thing they usually give people on house arrest. "What's the point? We're underage, it's not like we can drive out of town or something." She retorted once they were cuffed. A third police officer, apparently of higher rank came in and explained. "You'll be easier to find. Besides, this way we can keep track of any illegal activity you might partake in." Akane was frustrated. "Why even bother? You know this killer and his M.O.! It's clearly not two teens dumb enough to get caught by the cops!" The police officer shrugged the comment off. "Can't risk it. Now out of here with you two, the faster you're out the faster Kagami's request will expire and the faster we can put you two in the pound where you belong. Go on! Shoo!" This was turning out to be such a pain.

Yuuma turned to the ever so sweet voice of Akane and managed a light smile. "Thank you, Akane. I can always count on you." he said. As they were driven to the police station, he looked out his window with an oddly sentimental look in his eyes. 'I wonder how much trouble I got my dad in for saying that. . .' he thought as he fiddle with the zipper on his jacket.

Once in the police station, they were given ankle cuffs. He was rather calm about the situation. As the cop and Akane argued with one another, he took a quick glance at the computer as one of the police officers were imputing the numbers of each ankle cuff into the computer and registered it to their names. '178def499 is registered to me. . . 179def500 is registered to Akane.' he noted in his mind. When they were shooed out, he pulled Akane into another ally way when the cops closed the door. "I can program the cuffs at home so that we're free to roam around. And regarding the killer, I need to have another look at those files so that we know who he targets next." he explained.

"Think you can do that from your dad's computer? I don't wanna go back in there." She let out, hoping it'd be that easy. If it were the case she'd be more than happy to follow along, he wouldn't even have to ask. But she knew that if they had to go back in her other personality would kick in... and having the serious Akane in charge when she had a gun in her possession could end a little sourly.

Yuuma sucked in a breath when she mentioned this possibility. "I'm only an intermediate hacker. Getting through a police station's firewall, main frame, and all that other stuff could prove to be a bit difficult." he said. He knew where she was coming from when she said that though. He doesn't want to go back in their just as much her, but he thought, 'I know what she means. Besides, a gun and her bipolar self could lead to our arrest, and we're trying to clear our names at the moment. If only we. . .' Just as that thought came out, he had an idea. "I got it. Since I'm gonna need to program these anyway," referring to the anklets, "I could tap into their main frequency and access their computers." he said excitedly.

"From somewhere else... right? You mean from somewhere else?" The girl asked almost frantically, her eyes opening widely as she pinned herself further back against the wall, crossing her arms. She was concerned. Even though she had no plan of doing so, the thought of firing at a police officer made her index finger twitch nervously, like a part of her planned to actually use the gun. "Even if it wasn't for all the trouble, they don't want us there, and it'll be any moment before Kenshiro realizes his gun is gone. If we're around when he does, it won't take him much to add two and two together." She was freaking a little at the thought of being discovered with a police man's gun. Her more serious personality thought it was a good idea to steal it, but her hot-headed, less mature side couldn't help but think the idea was insane. That said, it was too late to give it back... waaaayyy too late.

"Yes from somewhere else. Calm down. Let's just leave." Yuuma said in a half scream. He covered his mouth when he realized that they were somewhere near the police station. He grabbed Akane's hand and began to walk away from the alley and towards his house as fast as his legs would allow. "I'm too scared to look back, you look for me." he hissed over to Akane.

Following behind him, Akane turned around to see that nobody appeared to be chasing them. "We're good. Just relax!" Thankfully, Yuuma wasn't the physically active sort so she was able to keep a comfortable pace behind him. She was getting a little bit annoyed at being dragged around though. "Could you please let go? I can keep up." She asked politely, her brow furrowed. A part of her still couldn't believe they were in this ridiculous situation and was bothered by such petty things.

"Sorry." Yuuma blurted as he released Akane's hand and shoved his own into his pockets. He knew for a fact that his house was going to take a while to walk to, so as not to be bored, he pulled out his iPod, which was supposed to have been taken up, and plugged his headphones in. He then slipped them onto his ears and shuffled through his iPod for a song. Once the song was found, he played the song and pulled out his phone to take a picture of the radio tower of the police station. "I'm going to need that." he muttered to himself as he zoomed into the picture. "Dang, this phone has a terrible zoom." he hissed as he placed his phone back into his pocket.

As he complained about the zoom, Akane pulled out her own phone and took a photograph, zooming in as much as she could. Thankfully, her piece was of the last generation so the zoom was somewhat more accurate, if only due to a pixel difference. "Is this better?" She asked as she showed him her phone, hoping this would be helpful. What they were going to be doing was mostly a mental exercise and since she didn't have much in book smarts, she wanted to help any other way she could.

Yuuma took the phone into his own hands and looked at it. "Much better! Thanks!" he let out a bit excitedly. He used Akane's phone to take a picture of the signal tower on top of the Police Station's roof. He zoomed in to look at the letters and numbers on the tower. "Hm. . . Nikken Sekkei Ltd., huh? Tower code, YQ17713." he thought aloud as he memorized the newly discovered information. He then deleted the picture from her phone and handed it back to her. "Thanks." he muttered as he retracted his hands back into his own pockets.

She'd take the phone back and slid it into one of the pocket compartments hidden under her skirt, shaking her head as she did. "Don't mention it, this is for me as much as it is for you, right?" She reminded him calmly as she followed after him to his home. Frankly Akane didn't particularly feel strongly about her situation one way or another, perhaps mostly because she couldn't wrap her head around it.

"Yeah. Guess you're right." Yuuma replied as he finally turned into his neighborhood. "My house shouldn't be too far down from here. . ." he muttered as he continued down the road. When he was down two blocks, he turned a street and into a col de sac. He approached the biggest house in that area, which was two stories and had a large garage attached. He noticed the lights in the living room were on, and he suddenly became too nervous to enter his own house. His feet stopping at the driveway.

"Ah shit..." She uttered, instantly understanding the problem at hand. His father was part of the police, it was a no brainer to presume that he knew what had just happened and Akane assumed that Yuuma was not yet mentally ready to confront him... or perform a questionably illegal act from the comfort of his father's home. "...do you have a back door?" ​She asked, hoping she could find some way to circumvent the encounter.

Yuuma only managed a nod. Just as he managed to move his feet again, he noticed two silhouettes in his house. He wasn't exactly sure, but they looked like they were arguing. "Oh. . . Gosh. . ." Yuuma uttered. After a couple of moments, he named to get his brain in motion. 'Okay. . . When I look out my window, I see bright city lights and water. So that. . . Below my window is one of those. . .' He processed. "I got it." He cheered lightly. He went around to the side of the house and noticed for Akane to follow. Once he knew she was behind him, he continued around back. When he reached his backyard, his eyes traced the length of the vineyard that lead to his bedroom window. "Oh great. . ." He hissed to himself.

Giving a calm nod and following him to the back of the house, she saw Yuuma shoot his eyes up to the window above the vines. "That's your room, right?" She would ask, but before he could muster a response, she would hope onto the vines and climb her way up, sliding the window open and flinging her legs through it, leaving her upper body on the other side, extending her hands out so he could grab for them. "Come on, we don't have all day." She uttered, pressing the matter of following her through. This kind of acrobatic stuff wasn't too much of an issue for her and she knew Yuuma was light enough for her to lift and pass through the window. So long as he didn't happen to be holding a few bricks or something like that.

Yuuma had no athletic ability, so getting on the vineyard was already a challenge. With the very little upper body strength he had, he managed to bring himself in arms reach of Akane's hand. Wheezing a little bit, he was then pulled into his room by Akane. Since his bed was below the window, he made a pretty soft landing. He turned to Akane and smiled oddly. "Thanks." he whispered, out of breath. As not too make too much noise, he removed his shoes and lightly stepped on his floor. He unplugged his speakers from his desktop and logged in. Taking a deep breath, he opened an app that was self produced. After a bit of clicking, he typed in a few things and into certain bars and continued. 'Just a little more and. . .' he was inside the police station's database.

"Impressive stuff..." Akane let out as she removed her own shoes and walked up next to him, putting one hand on the back of his chair before leaning in. "...so what now?" She asked, her eyes turning to him, her face uncomfortably close to his. She didn't appear exerted at all from the fact that she'd lifted him, nor did the climbing appear to have been difficult to her, but their physical difference was diametrically opposed to their mental difference and she couldn't tell a program from a shoe, being technologically backwards. "It took me forever to learn how to use my cellphone properly so this makes about as much sense as an alien ship in my eyes." She mentally admitted.

As Yuuma scanned through the police station's files, he began to feel a light breath near his neck. "U-Uhm. . . You're kinda breathing on my neck. . ." he let out in stutters. He turned his attention back to the computer uncomfortably. He continued to scan through the files. As a few warnings came up stating passwords were required, he began to rub his hands together and resumed his clicking and typing. With just as little as ten key strokes, he obtained a list of passwords that was reserved for only the sheriff.

"Oh... does that make you uncomfortable?" She asked with a tone of genuine concern, but made little attempt to distance herself from him. Frankly she'd never really worried about being too close to him since she'd always considered him to be a friend, but she could understand how he could be uncomfortable. When the passwords started popping up, her eyes widened ever so slightly. "Niiiice..." She let out with a smirk.