Login to your account

Thread: Character Profile Dumps

Character Profile Dumps

I know we have the "character pool" but that has a limit of five characters (and does anyone really use this? I know I do but that's when I'm bored and looking). I know we can also put characters in the clone warehouse but I hate receiving updates saying "so and so added character X to the game."

So, what am I looking for? Well, I want to know where I can dump character profiles outside of these two locations. Should I create an OOC thread called "Xavi's Character Dump?" Or should it be in the recruiting section as they are characters looking for stories? Maybe neither of these places is a good option and I should ask the staff to make a new section called "Character Profiles" in a location they deem appropriate.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer to not go off-site to make profiles.

P.S. I would also use this as a way to clean up my hoard of characters.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Your best bet would probably be to create a "private" full-featured RP that collects all of your characters. Between the character profiles and the connected OOC thread, you should be able to include as many characters as you could possibly want! That ensures that they're all gathered in one easy location, while you won't be bothered by notifications from other players.

Oh I like that idea!

- hangouts -

Woohoo! Glad to help.

Regarding this, is there any way to change the settings for the "Manage RP" sub-section to allow users to manually set their games as "enabled" or "disabled". I know right now this is a function limited to the moderator and administration staff; but I feel to help with clutter in the Full Feature Section it would be extremely beneficial to change the setting and allow users to enable and disable their games. This way when random "not games" like you are suggesting to Xavirne are made the users can at least disable them so they do not appear on the sites front page or under the full feature tab list. Clearing up clutter and allowing users to see actual games not "storage units".

^ Nice thought! I'm hesitant to make something as I don't want people to think a new roleplay has appeared when, in fact, it's just my dump spot.

- hangouts -

It really should be accessible to users. The button is there we simply can't use it. Which is frustrating when you know your game isn't:

a) ready
    b) not an actual game.

I agree with the above: I would like a "storage" feature similar to dA.

This is a feature that the site could really benefit from.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

I just spent some time searching through the User Permissions and it looks like this isn't possible right now.

However, I'll keep looking into it and see if anything can be done in the future. That request is completely reasonable and it would be a nice option to have. I'll let you guys know if we can make some progress with it!