Login to your account

Thread: Blood Lamp [closed]

Blood Lamp [closed]

Genre: Modern Fantasy

Setting:
    Modern Day 2013, Darshyre Alberta (north - madeup location).

Concept:
    A group of witches and their blood mages come across a series of strange human murders resembling ancient druidic sacrifices. The group intend to investigate these murders and find out who or what is causing them.

Rating:
    Adult

Player Rating:
    Intermediate

Players will have a choice of playing either:
    A Witch
    A Blood Mage

Starter Notes:

Witches are practitioners life magic a form of magic that uses life force. Blood is the purest form of the life force and is the primary element in life magic.

Blood Mages are wizards who have consumed an arcane shard and are pair bonded with a witch. The arcane shard fuses with the blood mages body and it helps the blood mage magically produce enough blood to aid his witch.

Witches use blood mages in their magic, the blood mage spills his blood to allow the witch to cast her spells. Witches can not enter combat without a blood mage, for their spells to be effective a witch requires more blood than she herself can spill. It is the highest honor to be pair bonded to a blood mage.

Witches and blood mages are bonded no younger than 16 and spend the next eight years practicing together.

Witches are all female.
    Blood mages are all male.

Feel free to ask questions or let me know if you are interested.

Q&A

What are the post expectations?
    I would like players to write no more than 300 words maximum per post (this game will allow the occasional ones liner where appropriate). I would like to see shorter, quicker, progressive and fun posts rather than longer slower posts.

[EXAMPLE] of the type of exchanges I would prefer to see. PLEASE OBSERVE THE LATER POSTS TO THE EXCHANGE.

Why do you want shorter posts?
    I feel shorter posts in quick secession of one another propel a scene forward quicker and are more engaging. I would like to see this in one of my games as this is not a common style I choose.

What if there are people one on one-ing?
    I will ask players involved in a group scene to include the group, allow everyone a chance to post. In cases where the scene is a one on one scene then I will allow players to one on one.

How old will the characters be?
    Between the ages of 16 and 25. This means there is a possibility of a 16 yo witch being paired with an older blood mage or vice versa. This depends on the age players make their characters.

Do I get to choose who I am paired with?
    No, pairings will be random.

Are all bonded pairs newly bonded?
    No, not all the bonded pairs in the group need to be newly formed. Some may choose or be asked to have a long standing relationship.

Can I play both a blood mage and a witch?
    No, I want to try to have everyone play one character.

What kind of spells can my witch cast?
    I will provide a list of spells the witches can cast, each witch can choose from the list and those will be their spells. Later they may be given a chance to learn more.

Can my blood mage cast spells, he was a wizard after all?
    Yes and no. Wizards do not have any inherent magic, anything they know they must learn and any spell they cast requires a magical device. As a blood mage you are fused with an arcane shard that constantly draws power into itself, touching magical devices often renders them inert as their power is consumed by the arcane shard. However, blood mages can attempt to learn spells to enhance their blood and the spells of their witches through their blood (kind of like buffing their blood).

Can we use weapons?
    Yes, within reason. Witches are raised in clans and are taught to rely on magic verses man made weapons, but it is not uncommon for a witch to learn a weapon skill (usually with a weapon of their clans preference). Wizards often know a weapon skill.
    Last edited by Strude; 07-24-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Giving this a little bump, if anyone is interested please say so.

This seems kind of neat o:
    I'm still pretty new to the site, but if this roleplay gets up and running I would be up to join (: