Login to your account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phantom Corruption

The creature screeched in pain at the stab, but ran one of its chainsaws over its back, trying to chop the girl in half and simultaneously break her weapon apart. The pain aside, the spear hadn't appeared to affect him that much as it turned around quickly, narrowing its legs as though it learnt not to let her pass again. "Ah shit... mind if I take over for a bit? I got a feeling this won't be easy..." The voice asked as the beast swung down one of its chainsaws, trying to chop the girl in half.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    "Feel free! You didn't need to ask!" She panicked as she used his skin to jump away from the chainsaws. As it swung another time, she was forced to release her hold on him. She changed her position so that she landed on her own two feet. As it swung at her once more, she jumped back. It barely scratched her, but it was still a scratch, on her stomach too.
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

"Gotcha!" The voice let out with a twisted smirk which slowly appeared on Annabelle's face. The wound slowly healed and as it did, the nerves on her skin began to swell to the point where they were visible. The signs of Aelfric taking over. The voice that came from the girl's lips was no longer her soft tone, but the cruel voice of the ring's spirit. "Come at me, you sack of shit!" He growled and as he did another chainsaw came down, however the two hands of the girl caught the blade just after the chain, the whirling mechanism inches from her forehead. Her hands would tense, shake, and finally the weapon would break in her grip. She would then run up the still rolling chain at a blinding speed, crawl up the beast's arm and grab hold of its head, breaking its neck and leaping off. Unfortunately, the beast kept moving despite the normally lethal injury and tried to swing at her with the other chainsaw. "Come on! Heal yourself! Bring forth your demonic aura! Hurt me! Fight me!" The voice called out, dodging five slashes without difficulty before running up to the beast and wrapping its arms around its waist. "Give me a hug!" Before the beast could react, it then lifted it overhead and slammed it head first into the ground, a satisfying crushing noise gushing out from it. Then, it dug the usually delicate nails of the girl, impregnated with the maddening aura, into the beast's chest, tearing and ripping through its flesh until she hollowed out its rib cage. "THIS is what a real demon can do!" The voice let out with a maddening cackle as the girl, drenched in blood, slowly regained her consciousness and control of her body.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    As Annabelle slowly regained back her consciousness, she let the scenes that happened before her flash through her mind.
    'This is what he can do? Why? Why am I not scared?' she thought as she looked down at her blood drenched body. Her clothes were stained with the bone chilling scarlet. She winced a little, but she wasn't repulsed by all the blood. She felt some of the blood around her lips and somehow just started to lick it.

A light chuckle escaped from the ring as he noted her actions. "Not bad, is it? I knew you had something special in you..." He uttered on a tone that was mixed with blame and satisfaction. In the way someone congratulated another for doing something bad. "I wasted a lot of blood on taking over though... so I'll be taking this!" With that, the blood that drenched her body slowly seeped into her skin and she could feel it run to the ring, a faint glow coming from it. "See? The bigger a hole you make..." As he spoke, the blood of the creature was slowly drunk dry by the ring, seeping from the corpse they were still standing in. "...the easier it is for me to drink. Keep that in mind. The more power I have, the easier this will be on you." Slowly, a door opposite to them opened, revealing a path further onward but also letting four regular demons in. "Well, that's the way to go. Don't wait too long." Those words weren't just words of impatience as both could notice that the door was slowly closing back.

As the blood seeped in, a door began to open, revealing a path. She was about to walk through when four demons showed up.
    "More blood, huh?" she thought aloud as she rushed the demons. It all happened in a blink of an eye as she appeared through the door. The demons had holes in their chests, each collapsing to their feet. Her hand was soaked in blood.
    "interesting. . ." she said as the blood seeped into her skin.

"Think of blood as steroids... except it doesn't make your balls shrivel... not that you have anything to shrivel to begin with." He uttered with an almost sardonic tone. "Right then, to the next batch! Who knows? Maybe they'll have your parents captive." He uttered with an invisible grin as they ventured deeper into hell. To their left was what appeared to be a torture chamber. There was nobody inside, but a few cheap weapons were laying around. Straight ahead was the path down a stairwell where two armored demons were on guard duty. They were back to back so there was no way they'd be able to go in without being spotted. "Whatever you do, kill both of those at once. If they call for help, we'll have one big group on our hands." He warned.

"What kind of a place is-" She interrupted herself as she covered her own mouth, seeing the armored demons. Taking his advice into mind, she lunged at both of them. Since they were back to back, it made it easier for her to latch onto both their necks and start squeezing. They tried to pull apart and call for help, but she squeezed hard enough to go through the skin and muscle and feel the bones. Once she felt them, she yanked them out.

"See, this is the kind of shit that will prevent your life story from making it to theater." The voice let out on a half-joking tone before hinting at her to hurry. "Listen, no rush, but the faster you get to your peeps, the likelier they are to be alive... you know, if you prefer them that way."

"Shut up. . ." Annabelle hissed to the voice, cringing at the thought of her friends and family being dead. She stepped inside and started going for a full out of sprint. She got tired after a while and stopped. With her hands on her knees, she breathed hard as she looked around.
    "Where are we?" she asked.

"I'd love to tell you, but you told me to shut up so..." The voice let out on a sarcastic tone as the floor below them collapsed suddenly, landing them in an area completely different from the previous, a cage-like room connected to other similar rooms by connecting passages, the outside full of brimstone and hell fire. The metal bars had a faint crimson hue that hinted at how hot they were and the overall temperature neared ninety degrees. "...but going left sounds like a plan."

Landing pretty hard n the floor, she drew in a breathe as her butt hit the ground. She hissed a little before bringing herself back up.
    "Left?" she said softly to herself as she dashed on off to the direction suggested. She glanced around as she ran. Accidently brushing her arm against one of the heated bars, she instinctively grabbed onto her arm and cursed out loud. As her voice resonated in the room, she heard a slight groan coming from behind the bars. Her eyes widened as she quickly covered her own mouth and tried to stay away from the cages.

(Hope this is okay! ^_^)

(Yes yes, of course.)

The voice let out a loud audible sigh before muttering. "Don't wake them up, we've got enough of things to worry about already." As he spoke, the searing wound on her arm quickly came to heal. "Let's get out of here fast, the soles of your shoes are beginning to burn off." He warned as the smell of melting rubber came to her nostrils.

"Great. . ." she hissed in a somewhat inaudible tone. She looked down to her feet to see that he was right. The smell was terrible and she can already feel the heat of the ground inside. Heaving a sigh, she continued her dash to the direction given and managed to get out. She heaved a sigh, but wasn't actually all that relieved.

"You might wanna take those off or stomp around a little... they're still on fire." The voice warned as the melting soles began to burn. But just as he spoke those words, a gate fell shut behind them and a group of fanged creatures ushered forth from the darkness, the only light they had being the faint flames escaping her boiling feet. "Or you know, you can kick them instead."

"That should suffice. . ." she grinned as she grabbed the smooth fangs of one of the demons. She ripped out the pair of fangs and stabbed the demon's eyes with them. She hopped to the side and side kicked an approaching monster. Ignoring the heat, she kicked the groin of two of them and jabbed her into the head of another.

"Eh, that works too." The voice let out, difficultly disguising its amusement before healing her slowly burning feet. "Just keep in mind, the more blood you spill, the more I can heal you. Don't worry about overkill, in fact. Overkill is good." It uttered as a hand once more appeared, pointing her in the right direction. "This way, miss." It uttered as another beast, the last, jumped towards the girl. Considering she'd taken out two however, this shouldn't be an issue, so no warning was ushered.

As she was about to head off in the direction indicated, another beast jumped at her. Just as the head was close enough, she clamped unto the face and literally smashed his face into the ground, breaking the skull. "Overkill, huh?" She thought aloud before grabbing the outstretched arms and ripping them off from the shoulder.

"Kinda like that yes, blood is good. Unless it's your blood, I guess... it's a perspective thing, really." The voice uttered with a chuckle as the blood began to seep towards her and dig into the ring. "Alright, let's get a move on. I smell carnage coming, don't wanna make it wait now, do we?" The voice ushered as they would enter the dimly lit room that followed, the flames beyond the walls providing little lighting as the shadows of burning tortured souls seemed to cover most of the place from the outside.

She did as the voice had suggested and carried along. Walking in slowly, she eyed the room, making sure there was nothing about to attack her. She watched the flames dance and the shadows of these tortured souls seemed to have roused something within her. She began to look away as if to snap out of her momentary daze.
    "So, where to?" she whispered, afraid to have alerted someone if she had spoken louder.

"I dunno, we've got three corridors ahead of us and they all head into the same direction. I'd pick the busy looking one, but that's my thing really. Your legs, your call... for now, anyway." There were three passages going ahead, one of which was filled with guards. Another appeared to be going under the other two and seemed unusually dark, perhaps a dead end. The third corridor didn't appear to have anything special going for it.

"I'll have to take down the guards if I go there." she said to herself, pointing at the first corridor.
    "Dead end or maybe even a trap?" she said as she pointed to the second corridor. She heaved a sigh as her feet lead her to look at the third corridor. There really wasn't anything special. At least something she notices. She then headed over to the first corridor, waiting for the right moment to strike.

The guards were discussing among themselves, a small glimpse of intelligence coming from the otherwise primitively violent creatures. They seemed to be going on about their favored methods of torture but the underwordly accent made it difficult to discern the details. One of them had his spear resting against the wall and would take a bit to get to it, two others were facing away from the young woman and a last one seemed busy contemplating a bloodied limb in his hand.

She looked at the guards and observed them for a while, formulating a plan of attack.
    'I think I should sneak attack the ones facing away from me first. With the speed you gave me, I should be able to get them and attack the other one before it reaches it spear. Even if it does and I get started, you should be able to absorb the blood from the limb and heal before I attack the last one. How does that sound?' she thought, waiting for as reply.