Login to your account

Thread: SILVER LINING [escapism game]

SILVER LINING [escapism game]

Basic premise of the game: a child attempts to escape their reality though a fantasy world of their creation, however reality infects this fantasy world as an evil force that the child must defeat. The child is joined by the heroes they imagination and together they go after the evil.

Everyone plays one hero the child imagines.
    One person players the child.

Done. Nothing to terribly complicated.

Anyone interested?
    Post your questions here.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Yup! You got some interest here!
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

Any questions (since I know this thread is FULL of insightful information in the first post! >D)

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    1) How does the child enter the world of his or her imagination?
    2) How is the evil tied to the child? If it is part of his imagination, is it actually tied to him or her at all?
    3) Where can I sign up? I love the idea. ^w^

1. Since we will be playing the products of the child's imagination, what freedoms are we given when crafting our characters? Do we have absolute freedom in design (e.g. we can define the limits of our creations and our creations' worlds)? In essence, the short question I'm asking is: are there any environmental/logical norms (e.g. the existence of magic) we must adhere to (and, if yes, what are they) or are we free to define the laws and norms of our characters and our characters' worlds?

2. How great of an impact does the real world have on the imagined world? I understand that the real world affects and shapes the evil forces, but, other than that, does the real world have any other impacts? For instance, if the child was somehow injured or upset in the real world, will those events take shape in the imaginary world?

<3

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Aaaaaaaaah *beats the crap out of her tablet* Omlyt I had a response written and then I hit the damn back button on my tablet. So I'll respond proper when I get back to my computer and have a proper keyboard. *sighs* it was a good response too.

This is an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Omlyt View Post
    1) How does the child enter the world of his or her imagination?
    2) How is the evil tied to the child? If it is part of his imagination, is it actually tied to him or her at all?
    3) Where can I sign up? I love the idea. ^w^

Got to a keyboard sooner than I thought. XD

1. The child enters his/her imaginary world by will or by dreaming this is only relevant for the sake of knowing. To the heroes of the realm and for continuity purposes the imaginary realm continues without any pause to the real world and exists within a vacuum. To the heroes of the childs imagination the imaginary realm is the only realm.

2. The evil is a manifestation of the childs fears. All the negative experiences the child has that elicit a fear or hate response is protected as a evil within this imaginary realm.

3. Sign up on my titties. Print on the right and sign the left.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

1. Since we will be playing the products of the child's imagination, what freedoms are we given when crafting our characters? Do we have absolute freedom in design (e.g. we can define the limits of our creations and our creations' worlds)? In essence, the short question I'm asking is: are there any environmental/logical norms (e.g. the existence of magic) we must adhere to (and, if yes, what are they) or are we free to define the laws and norms of our characters and our characters' worlds?

2. How great of an impact does the real world have on the imagined world? I understand that the real world affects and shapes the evil forces, but, other than that, does the real world have any other impacts? For instance, if the child was somehow injured or upset in the real world, will those events take shape in the imaginary world?

<3

I basically answered #2 when I responded to Omlyt, but no the real world outside of shaping the evil will not effect the imaginary realm. The entire game will take place only within the imaginary realm. I would say if the child died in the real world, then yes the imaginary world would crumble.

I'll answer #1 in a little bit.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Get me a Sharpie. XD

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    If I want to sign up on your titties, then I gotta find you first. . .
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

Players get freedom of design both of their character and their characters worlds, and the norms/limits of their respective worlds (including magic). Outside of their individual realm’s they will have to adhere to the norms of wherever they are.

In the game the heroes are summoned from their respective realms to the child’s realm. Like the heroes, the child has a realm of its own, and it is in this realm that we will be playing. Each hero will retain their magical abilities and may respond according to their realms traditions and laws (logically it makes sense for the hero to act according to what they know). However, they may also be affected by the laws and traditions and magics of the child’s realm.

I do reserve the right to request changes of characters if they do not work within the concept of the game.