Login to your account

Thread: Phantom Corruption

Phantom Corruption

"They took your friends. They took your dreams. And they took your life. They took it all. Only thing you got left is your soul...and that belongs to me. Who am I? Let's just say I'm God; your God...least, the only God that's listening right now. What do I want? Ah, same as any other God; a little faith...for without faith I am nothing...and without me, you're fucked! They don't have to die. I can help you; I can heal your wounds. We can save them, if you show me some faith...if you trust me, if you put me on..."

After being torn from your friends and brutally bludgeoned within an inch of your life, it is a quote very similar to this one to which you wake. Sitting in front of you is an item, a ring, a mask, a bracelet... whatever trinket it is, for some reason you feel like these words are coming from it. What is that voice? Can you trust it? Whatever the case, in this emotionally and physically damaged state, you reach for the first hand that's extended to you and through some sort of desperate compulsion you put it on.

"AH! It feels good to finally be FREE..."

Suddenly, something changes inside you, you are overwhelmed by emotions that are not yours, your wounds vanish and you stand upright without difficulty despite your previously shattered bones and perforated organs. The item becomes a part of you, merges with your skin, connects, burns a little. You feel something change. You feel taller, bigger, stronger, faster than you've ever felt before. Yet somehow this indescribable feeling of dread overwhelms you. You've become a host to something and before you can even understand what's happened, you already know you're going to regret this.

The object? It is the soul of a corrupted, a being that was once human and gained incredible power through emotions felt at an extent normally unknown to human beings, but was locked away due to its unpredictable and twisted nature. It is the source of your power, and you are it's ticket out of the underworld.

The deal is simple; it helps you rescue your friends from the depths of the underworld and in return you bring it back to the human world on your way back where it will break its binds and run rampant. At first, the drive to rescue your friends (or family, or one true love, or all three) convinces you to accept the deal. But as you slaughter your way through hordes of blood-thirsty demons you soon come to realize the kind of irreparable damage the corrupted could do once unbound. Are your friends worth risking mankind? Can you trust your corrupted? Will you be able to influence it or will it be it who influences you?

Your character

You may either be a savior or a corrupted, not both. Well, if you choose to be both, you can't be the two sides of one pair. A huge part of the RP will be seeing the saviors strive to save their friends while dealing with the corrupted's mental abuse. Another huge part will be the corrupted trying to corrupt their savior so they can skip the whole "saving your friends" part and go right to rampaging in the human world. But who will influence who in this unexpected pairing? Will the savior go back on his deal with the corrupted and stay in hell to spare innocent lives, or will the corrupted take over and go on a blind rampage in the human world? Whether they meet somewhere on the middle ground or not, god knows what could happen.

As a Savior

You have lost everything. You were hanging out with your friends/family/loved ones sometime at night and all of a sudden you were dragged to hell, your friends captured, you left for dead in the abyss of limbo with no known way to return to your world. You join with a corrupted in an attempt to live and get revenge, but soon realize the mistake you have made. Still, you owe it to your loved ones to do anything in your power to save them right? How you handle the monster that grafted itself upon your skin is a matter to handle later. Every time you use the powers of your corrupted, you feel it begin to overtake you; the blood thirst. Will you resist the urge to become a demon in favor of saving your friends or will you give in to the temptation of carnage?

As a Corrupted

As a corrupted, you don't have a body of your own. An event of your distant past has driven you to bloodthirsty madness and you seek a host to do the carnage for you, you can connect with the brain of those in suffering to lure them into making a pact with you, and once that's done you can interact with them mentally as much as you want. You can take physical form, but only other corrupted and their pact members can see you. But just because you can't do much on a physical level doesn't make you any useless. You have powers, powers you give to your pact-member in order to make them reach their goals, powers you use to lull people into making you their god and savior. You can give and take these powers whenever you wish. If things don't go your way, make your pact-member feel pain again and see how he likes having his arm lopped off by a demon without your very useful regenerative abilities. If you feel extra nice, give them a little boost. Whatever it is you're after in the real world, 3 ground rules accompany you as a corrupted; 1. You are driven by one emotion based on the event that drove you to madness, doesn't matter which. 2. You want to get back to the human world. 3. Your powers are fueled by blood and carnage.
    Last edited by AlexSilverX; 06-25-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    So this is the possession thing you mentioned. . . Good idea actually. You have too many good ideas!
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

Haha, you're too kind vick, I hope some people agree with you.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    They better! Or else. . .

I doubt internet threats work on people... besides, I don't want someone who won't enjoy himself to join my games.

I didn't say I was gonna threaten them. . . Entirely. . .

It was heavily implied... also "or else" IS a threat, so anyone who read that post was just threatened by you.

Aw! I'm sowwy fellow RPers!

Glad that's out of the way... now, where are my interested people at?!

Here!

Anyone else?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Maybe this should be a 1x1...

Well with the way the story looks, I first thought that this was 1x1. . . But it does have a few views though. Maybe there is interest, but they just don't feel like saying it?

Nah, I can't assume that. Maybe they saw the title, thought it'd be cool and then left after reading the plot, there's no way of knowing :P

True, unless you have a way of going inside their minds to find out what they were actually doing.

Why do I always forget my mind-reading spider when I need it?

Yeah! Why!?

I guess it's because it hides away when I have guests to avoid being squashed and otherwise it wanders off to catch flies. In practice, I usually forget it's even there until it shows up to ask me to open the window and let more bugs in. It's a pretty busy spider and it never stays where I leave it...

...so wanna start this 1x1?

Yush!!!

Alright, I'll make it up as soon as I have the time, gotta post a few places and get a couple of beers in me first (I can't brain when I'm completely sober)

Okay, and isn't it usually the other way around?

When you don't have a brain tumor, probably.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...082#post114082