Login to your account

View Poll Results: Is it weird for two people to co-own a writing thread?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 20.00%
  • No

4 80.00%

Thread: Power, Love, Despair and other drugs

Power, Love, Despair and other drugs

This is a thread dedicated to me and Ophelia's writing. It will contain many things including but not limited to;
    • Extensive character back-stories
    • Poetry and lyrics intended for use by characters
    • Character stat sheets for certain stories I've done in the past in case I have the chance to use them again.
    • Tentative plots for possible future RPs
    • Ability lists of my MP and PC characters for future T1 matches
    • Systems used for future RPs
    • Recipes for chaos
    Read at your sanity's risk and peril.

---------- Post added at a random, unspecified time ---------- Previous post was at another time ----------

Serenade to a fuck buddy

Hey there girl friend, it's been a while,
    Why cry when you're able to smile?
    Let all your problems fade away,
    Let's just hang out, what do you say?

I know we said no string attached,
    That's how it went when this thing hatched.
    But I can lend you my shoulder,
    If we're not friends then why bother?

No feelings, no hassle, just sex!
    That's how it was written in text,
    't was enough, but after a while,
    Life just can't run on sex and bile.

I'm not asking to go steady
    Just that you let me in, buddy.
    The emotions you hid away,
    Just let them all pour out my way.

The sex is great but some things lack,
    I wish I could have my friend back,
    I want back all the nights we gamed,
    I'd trade them for when we got laid.
    Last edited by AlexSilverX; 06-25-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

TMS 0.284 (the magic system)

THE VERY BASICS
    Fire properties
    Fire is stronger than earth and weaker than water, it is allied to air.
    Effect: Destruction
    Direction: Linear
    Influence: Strength - Willpower
    Earth properties
    Earth is stronger than air and weaker than fire, it is allied to water.
    Effect: Strengthen
    Direction: Self
    Influence: Health - Defense
    Air properties
    Air is stronger than water and weaker than earth, it is allied to fire.
    Effect: Heal
    Direction: Conic
    Influence: Speed - Dexterity
    Water properties
    Water is stronger than fire and weaker than air, it is allied to earth.
    Effect: Weaken
    Direction: Sphere
    Influence: Magic - Intelligence
    Cardinal properties
    Cardinals are cores to spells, they do not meddle with other signs but heavily influence the spell towards their own element.
    Fixed properties
    Fixeds empower the effects of signs of their own element and clash with the effects of signs from opposed elements.
    Mutable properties

Mutables alter the spell by marrying its properties with that of the main element.

Order
    -A spell may contain up to 5 signs, but does not need to do so.
    ex: Aries, Sagittarius, Leo is as good a spell as Aries, Sagittarius, Leo, Pisces, Taurus, but Aries, Leo, Pisces, Taurus, Scorpio, Capricorn would not be a spell.

-Alternatively, a spell can contain the same sign multiple times, but a single sign is not enough to conjure a spell, thus at least 2 signs are needed.
    ex: Aries, Leo, Pisces, Leo or Aries, Aries, Aries, Leo, but not Aries, Aries or even simply Aries.

-The order of the signs determines which sign has the strongest influence on the current spell and which has the weakest.
    ex: In Taurus, Aries, Leo, Leo is weaker than Aries which is weaker than Taurus.

-If a sign is used multiple times, it's influence is multiplied by its position from the end each time it is pronounced.
    ex: In Taurus, Aries, Leo, Aries, Taurus, Taurus is pronounced twice (first and last) so 1x5x2 = 10. Aries, twice in second and fourth so 2x4x2 = 16. So despite not being pronounced first, Aries' influence is higher than Taurus'.
    ex 2: In Taurus, Capricorn, Aries, Leo, Capricorn. Capricorn is twice and last so (1x4x2= 8) the order is reversed when multiplying with the last word being 1 and the first being 5.

-The words of a spell always have the same value, so the third word of a 3 word spell and the third word of the 5 word spell are worth the same.

-A spell caster's own influence may affect a spell, so the Aries, Leo, Capricorn of one spellcaster may differ from anothers. However, that caster's Aries, Leo, Capricorn will always be the same.

-If a word is put twice in a row, it may be paused. Some casters replace it with a gibberish monosyllabic word of their choice to mark the pause and ensure there is no confusion in the magical forces governing the spell.
    ex: Taurus, Aries, -, Leo or Taurus, Aries, Lo, Leo both mean Taurus, Aries, Aries, Leo.

-Emphasizing a word will also increase its power.
    ex: Aries, Taurus, Virgo. Aries, TAURUS, Virgo. TAURUS is worth more than Taurus, but is still weaker than Aries which comes first. in a multiplication. TAURUS would imply n.n. For example, in this order, TAURUS would be worth 4.4, but since Aries is worth 5, it would not trump it.

Core Concept

A spell cannot own the properties of a sign it does not contain, similarly, the main element must be the star of the spell. For example, if Fire is the main element, out of the Element, effect, direction and influence, at least 2 would have to be those of fire, 3 if there is only one other element in the spell.

Thanks for letting me post this here man.

Said no one in the history of everything.

No problem, I thought it was a nice concept.

The DBZ Power Level Measurement

Starting PL: Determined by the history section of your character's word count and a multiplier based on the race of your character. The logic behind the multiplier is that certain races are (on average) stronger than others. Do not worry, your base PL will in no way affect how far your character will be allowed to grow or what you will have access to in the RP. This is merely to encourage detailed background stories.

Racial Bonuses: The racial multipliers stated above are as such:
    Human: x5
    Namekian: x5
    Saiyan: x10
    Changeling: x20
    Kai: x8
    Demons: x8
    Other & custom: x5

Note: the PL multiplier may go up an amount of up to 5 depending on the overall quality and originality of your character. Only exceptionally good and unique characters will warrant a boost at all however, so do not expect the boost or feel insulted if you do not get it. Your character is likely great, I just didn't feel it was to the point where it would warrant being able to transcend the very limits established for their race. Just like your original power level, your starting multiplier will in no way affect your character's progression or access to other mechanics of the game.

Increasing PL

PL is increased via the activity system. You gain power while actively training, sparring or fighting. The result of a battle determines your PL increase based on your power tier value and tier of difference. A training session determines your PL increase by word count and power tier. You may also gain PL by going into the HTC (doubling your PL every week) for a maximum of 2 weeks.

Power tier

Your power tier is, for lack of a better term, how many zeroes (above 2) are in your power level.

Tier 1: 1000+
    Tier 2: 10000+
    Tier 3: 100000+
    etc.

Every Tier becomes a multiplier. In a training session, you gain (word count x tier) in PL. In a fight, you get (p.t.value x d.tier)
    ex: A tier 3's 100 word training session would earn 300 points.
    ex 2: A tier 3 (value of 100000) wins against someone 2 tiers below them, the boost is thus of 100000 / 2 or 50000.

Effect on gameplay
    PL is separated in 3 sections:
    Qi: This is the current power level of your character, it is based on your Chi. Max Qi = Max Chi, unless transformations are taken into account.
    Chi: This is the remaining life force of your character, it is based on your PL. This decreases as you take damage.
    Ki: This is the remaining energy of your character, it is based on your PL. This decreases as you use techniques.

Tier of Difference
    When confronting another character, rather than establish tiers of power, tiers of difference determine the advantages and disadvantages.

Tier 1: x1.5 to x2
    Tier 2: x2 to x5
    Tier 3: x5 to x10
    Tier 4: x10 to x20
    Tier 5: x20 to x30
    Tier 6: x30 to x50
    Tier 7: x50 to x100
    Tier 8: x100 to x300
    Tier 9: x300 to x500
    Tier 10: x500 and +

Every tier is determined by how many times your opponent's power level fits inside of yours or vice versa. If the PL difference is exactly on the border of two tiers, the lowest tier is used. If the difference is of less than
    ex: Goku has a PL of 9000, Vegeta has a PL of 13500, since Vegeta's PL is over goku's by 1.5x, he is one tier higher than goku.
    ex2: Krillin has a PL of 1200, Saibaimen have a PL of 500. Though the difference is less than between Goku and Vegeta, the saibaimen's PL fits more than 2x inside Krillin's, so Krillin is two tiers higher than the Saibaimen, has the Saibaimen's PL been 600, Krillin would've only been 1 tier ahead of it.
    ex3: Broly has a PL of 1,000,000 and Yajirobe has a PL of 500. Though Yajirobe's PL fits 2000 times inside Broly's, the tier difference stops at 10 as there is no Tier 11.

Tier implications
    -Damage dealt by someone of a higher tier is multiplied by the number of the tier (1 being read as 1.5), damage dealt by someone of a lower tier is divided by the number of the tier.
    -Dodging the attack of someone from a higher tier requires Ki (consumption of 100 per tier difference per dodge).
    -Returning an attack from someone 3 tiers higher than you is impossible. Deflecting the attack of someone 5 tiers above you is also impossible.

Transformation

The transformations of each race will be different. However, transformations which can be obtained naturally will be set in such a manner that every race (without exterior interference) will peek with a transformation capable of a 300x multiplier.

ex: Oozaru = 10x, SSJ = 50x, SSJ2 = 100x, SSJ3 = 200x SSJ4 = 300x

Limit breaking
    The 300x limit, however, can be broken in a series of ways. Fusion, power-boosting techniques, use of the dragon balls, combining transformations and perma-boosts are only some of the means to achieve this.

ex: Oozaru + SSJ
    ex2: unlocked potential + SSJ
    ex3: SSJ3 (fuses with) SSJ3
    ex4: Kaioken + SSJ
    ex5: SSJ4 + (wish for stronger transformation) = SSJ5 or LSSJ4
    ex6: Mastered SSJ4 + Mastery = SSJ4 + 10x boost (so 310x).

Transformation types

Superior form: The example here is the super saiyan. A superior form multiplies the current PL of the user for the time of the transformation, the PL boost is not permanent and the effect wears off after a given amount of time unless the transformation is mastered.
    Perma-boost: The example here is the unlocked potential. A perma-boost multiplies the current power level of the character. However, the boost in PL is a one time thing and this does not affect the progression of the character's PL on the long run.
    Technique: The example here is the kaioken, technique transformations work like Superior form transformations, but everyone has potential access to them rather than being unique to a given race. They do not have a definite time limit, but they drain the user little by little of a given amount of ki energy. Mastering a technique transformation results in the consumption being cut down by half and the possibility to stack it with other (also mastered) transformations. However, the consumption is multiplied by 10% of the other transformation's ex: Kaioken expends 100 ki when mastered. SSJ gives a 50x boost. The ki cost of kaioken while in SSJ is thus 500 ki.

Unlocking a transformation

Unlocking a transformation requires a given power level and a given amount of posts with the character. The post amount by default is set at 50, but the power levels widely vary. If you meet one of the conditions, the other condition must also be met. Unlocking can be done via other mean such as being taught the transformation (in case of a technique transformation) or being given a perma boost by a stronger character who has a potential unlocking ability.

Mastery system

If you have met the conditions for a transformation after already having unlocked a transformation, you will be given the choice to; A. go to the next level B. master the current transformation C. master an alternate transformation (if you meet the requirements). Taking one possibility does not remove the other however, it merely means you'll have to wait another 50 posts for the other option to be available to you. It is also completely admissible to unlock all transformations without worrying about mastery, or decide to unlock a transformation at a later time (this is an especially wise decision if the transformation in question is a perma-boost) but you cannot master a transformation you do not own (for obvious reasons). Mastery is only necessary for Superior form and Technique transformations.

Fusion and fusion types

Fusion is a state in which two characters become one. There are several ways in which this can occur depending on the transformation but a few guidelines are to be followed;
    -The member of the fusion who's character has the highest PL will be in control of the fusion (exceptions are the namekian fusion and majin ingestion).
    -If the power levels are equal, the one with the highest potential PL (based on transformations and abilities) will control the fusion.
    -If those are equal as well, a 6-sided dice will be rolled. An odd number will give control to the user who's character comes first in alphabetical order and an even number will give control to the person who's character comes second in alphabetical order.
    -The boost equation is of; (character A + character B) x 1.5 for dance and potara fusion
    -Namekian fusion equates a boost of (A + B) with no equation since it can be used indefinitely and doesn't require preparation time.
    -Ingestion-based fusions equate a boost of (A + B/2) seeing as willingness of the ingested party is not required and it can be used indefinitely.

Fusion Dance: The fusion dance requires the technique to be learned by both characters. Due to its inherent nature, both participants must be willing. The result is a character who is a combination of both original characters both in appearance, personality, power level and technique. The fusion lasts 30 minutes.
    Namekian Fusion: The fusion requires the technique to be known by one of the participants. The participants must be willing. The result is a significant increase in the PL of the recipient character and (if their personalities widely different) some changes in character, with no change in terms of technique or physical appearance. The fusion is permanent.
    Majin Ingestion: The ingestion process requires the one to be ingested to be unconscious or severely weakened. The ingested can break away if the ingesting is weaker than them or if someone interrupts the process. The result is a combination of the two's appearance, techniques, personality and power level, but with the ingesting being vastly dominant over the ingested. The fusion, unless the ingesting dies, is permanent.
    Potara Fusion: Potara fusion requires the possession of Potara earrings. The members of the fusion must be wearing one of the earrings on opposite ears, at which point the fusion will instantaneously take place. The fusion, unless jeopardized by a large field of pure negative energy, is permanent.
    Last edited by AlexSilverX; 06-25-2013 at 05:14 AM.