Login to your account

Thread: More turnips! (Recent updates, pre-July 6th.)

More turnips! (Recent updates, pre-July 6th.)

Once again, there are new tweaks, fixes, and little features around the site! Some of them have been around awhile and some of them have only freshly fallen from the turnip truck! I'll do my best to cover all of them, so here we go!

New features:
    - New homepage!
    - Notifications for Pending bios!
    - Spoiler BBcode added!
    - Strike-through BBcode added!
    - Highlight BBcode added!
    - BBcode for tables works!

Bugs fixed:
    - Site Rules tab fixed!
    - Various bugs fixed!

Misc:
    - Guides/tutorials edited!
    - Tweak to Character Pool!
    - New categories for Groups!

I'll tell you about all of these things in my next post!

New Features

Homepage - Check out our spiffy new homepage! Isn't it rad? It'll show you a list of the newest full-featured games created under the "New Games" section, the newest posts made to full-featured games under "Recent Game Logs", clips from the latest Announcements under "Announcements" (great for catching up!), and recent threads from the Site Guides forum under "Roleplay Tips".

Notifications for Pending Bios - If your game approves bios before allowing a character into the game, you now have the option of being notified by PM, email or both if someone submits a new bio to your game! If you haven't already, go "Edit" your game and scroll down to where there are options for that. :3 Users can also choose to be notified if their character has been accepted into games with character approval!

Spoiler Bar - Want to post something, but want to make sure that people don't see it if they don't want to? You can hide images, text and video behind a spoiler bar! (The content still needs to fit the rules of the site. Adult content goes in the adult forum and adult images still need a NSFW notice in the thread title!) To use the code, just type [spoiler] CONTENT [/spoiler]

Spoiler Spoiler

Strike-Through BBCode - Want to cross out bits of your posts? Use the hand-dandy [strike][/strike] code around the words you want to strike-out!

Highlight BBCode - Want to [box=#33CCFF]highlight[/box] your text? Use the [box=color][/box] code! Just put a hex code (ie: #33CCFF) or color name (ie: green) in place of the word "color" and you're good to go! You can even use the highlight code with the codes below...

BBCode for Tables - Now you can use tables in your posts! You can even customize the tables as you like, if you know the code for it! There's an example of the tables in action behind the spoiler bar (I've included an example with colors for you)!

Spoiler Spoiler

If making a table looks intimidating to you, I use this Teamopolis table-generating tool to get my table codes. It's very useful and makes sure it always works. :3 Do not, however, check the box marked "first row is header" because the header code doesn't work here. ^^

For colors, what you'll want to remember is [trcolor=COLOR][/trcolor] is to color an entire row and [tdcolor=COLOR][/tdcolor] is to color a single cell.

PS: You can also use this to do a sort of image alignment if you don't mind boxes around it.

My glorious text goes here. But my image marvelously aligns with it. Sort of. Well, it does its best anyway.

Bugs Fixed

Site Rules Tab - Horray! Now you don't have to go to the Information Desk to see the Site Rules!

Various Bugs - Oh, there were a lot of little things, plus a few big things that have been fixed long enough they're probably not really news anymore. :B

Misc

Guides/Tutorials - I've finished my homework (finally) - yay! All guides should have their proper links and screenshots now. Hopefully that'll make it easier for you guys to find your way around here. :3 If you can think of anything I've missed or if something is confusingly worded or I've linked to the wrong thing, let me know! (There are probably also bits of outdated information in there I've forgotten to change. D: ) I don't have any moderators to read it over before it's officially posted, so I'm relying on you users right now. :3 I appreciate any help that's given. :3

Tweak to Character Pool - After some discussion, Character Pool bios should no longer be deleted if you've been inactive for too long. Instead, they will simply "disappear" from the Character Pool and "reappear" once you're active again. Because of this, I'll be shortening the period of time from 10 days of inactivity to 7 days, though I may change it again depending on feedback from users.

New categories for Groups - If you haven't yet checked out the Groups feature, why not give it a look? You can create your own "clubs" for lots of different things and are more than welcome to have fun with them!

That's all the updates for now! I'll let you know if anything else is added! Thank you so much alxjvr and yantato for all your hard work! <3

Let us know what you think or if things are behaving the way they ought to. :3 Enjoy the updates!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I love itttttt! Thank you everyone for the hard work they're putting. <3 The site's coming along wonderfully, and that main page is just sexy. lol

(ooc)

Looking good! I don't think i'll use tables unless I have to. It does look intimidating...

I think it's good you fixed the "character gets deleted from pool if you ain't active" thing.

Reoccurring NPC
    I really like it ^_^.
    I think it was a good idea to have the character pool bio's 'disappear' instead of bye bye..
    Home page is nice <3~
    and everything is cool :')
    Thanks ^_^!
    One who encounters tradegy can become a great force.

Thanks for the continuing updates, my love of this place only grows ^_^!