Login to your account

Thread: ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn : dinner for two

ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn : dinner for two

ALL CHARACTERS ARE PART OF HALCYON | DO NOT STEAL

Characters: Kanon Masami / Wen-Jian Song

Timeline: During the second episode, but before the actual mission.

Summary: TBD

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar

As per usual, the teal haired woman arrived about fifteen minutes early to the scene-- and by scene, she means restaurant.

Kanon had dressed herself casually- well, as casually as one could with that woman's personality. A sleek yet elegant black dress clung to her frame, and her usual pigtails had been let down.

She tapped her fingers on the table, and waited for Wen to arrive.

By the time Wen arrived, the time was ten minutes after and he was in no hurry to find his table.

Taking off his aviators, the blond strolled up to the hostess and, casually, leaned against the stand; his expression a thousand-watt smile. "I have a reservation for two," he paused, checked his watch—a silver piece with a large face—and finished with, "At seven. Song."

At the name, the hostess flashed a look of recognition and, as if instructed to treat the blond as celebrity, made no fuss about his delay or any mention of his date having arrived fifteen minutes earlier than expected. "Of course, Mister Song. Please, follow me."

Wen walked comfortably behind the brunette; his stride a blend of easy confidence and strong familiarity. He was made for such a place and, dressed in a simple black blazer with a vinous cashmere v-neck, he was far from out of place. It was never more apparent than now that Wen belonged in the world of luxury and class, of spoils and sophistication.

"Your server will be with you in a minute. Can I get you started with anything to drink?"

As he took his seat, the blond, without turning to look at the hostess, said, "A bottle of Dom Perignon." He didn't ask for a menu; he didn't ask for recommendations. It was as if he dined in such a fashion regularly. "Sorry for the wait, Kanon." He smiled, but gave no explanation for his tardiness. "My, you love lovely tonight."

TUMBLR.

ss
    He was late. Ten minutes late, to be exact. Kanon had found herself checking her watch every minute or so after their meeting time had come.

She looked up towards the male, "It's fine. I wasn't waiting all that long either."

His compliment reached her ears but never really processed, "Thank you, I figured that it wouldn't be acceptable to come to such a restaurant in work clothing, so I pulled this out of the back of my closet."

Kanon took a moment to look the male over, "You're looking quite nice as well."

He seemed suited for this type of atmosphere, really. It was quite fashionable, new, modern, and somewhat fancy, all things that Kanon lacked. She usually strayed away from places like this, but tonight was an exception.

"Well, you should dress like this more often. You're far too pretty to not," the blond answered easily. He had no troubles saying the words or infusing them with sincerity. In fact, he was more at ease saying and doing the things he said and did now than he ever was during official capacity.

This is where he was meant to be; this is where he should be.

"So, Kanon, how are you enjoying the experience so far? Everything living up to the hype?" He leaned slightly forward; his chin resting gingerly atop of interlocked fingers.

TUMBLR.

His compliments flew in one ear, and out the other. Kanon was not used to hearing such words, and as such, the female blocked them from her mind, and refused to really listen to Wen's sweet words.

A small smile wove across the female's face, most likely out of politeness than anything else. "I prefer to take my work seriously, and not waste time with appearances. They are not going to help anyone during the missions, after all.

At his next question, she tensed, recalling the events of the past mission, and her complete uselessness during the whole thing.

She bit her lip, "It proves to be a challenge to get adjusted, and I fear that I may drag the team down. More training would be the best for me to raise myself up to the levels of my teammates."

"Oh? Is that what you think?"

His smile broadened and his eyes had an odd twinkle of mirth. "You'd be surprise how often your appearance actually matters on the job."

It wasn't long before the waiter returned with their drink. Without interrupting the flow of conversation, the man poured a glass for Wen and then a glass for Kanon. The sparkle of champagne sat just below half-full.

"And don't be so hard on yourself. It's a learning experience," Wen said as he picked up his glass. "Not everyone can hit the road running. If you always think about how much better someone else is, you'll never be good enough." He sipped at his drink; his eyes closing for a brief second of enjoyment.

"Plus, not everyone can be like Acaelus or Aeres." He paused, his brows knitting together in a small show of discontent. "I should know, I was the same year as them."

TUMBLR.

"Oh? Is that what you think? You'd be surprise how often your appearance actually matters on the job."

She nodded, "What's important is to look as mature and as dependable as possible," she replied, taking a sip of the champagne as she did.

His next words, however, brought a sharp glare to the female's eyes, "Don't tell me to do that," she snapped, a brisk tone to her voice, "I'm going to catch up, and I'm going to train until I become one of the best, and then I can-"

She stopped there, pausing as thoughts of the past washed across her face, and for a fleeting moment, a single expression wrought her face-- desperation. However, the moment passed, and Kanon took a deep breath, calming down as she sighed, looking towards Wen, "Sorry for snapping. I acted out of line."

When she snapped, Wen took pause; his drink forgotten.

His expression remained unchanged, but there was an odd sensation of rigidness to his smiles. It was as if someone had carved the response into his face.

"Sorry for snapping. I acted out of line."

And where Wen had fallen short with his expression, he made sure to show hesitation out the door with a quick response. "What are you talking about?" He laughed; his laugh lines settling naturally on his face. He seemed at ease, as if she hadn't lashed out at him and he hadn't failed to answer. "Out of line? Kanon, we're having a nice dinner. We're drinking a 40,000Di bottle of champagne. We're not at a mission debriefing. Relax."

Setting down his glass, Wen picked up the menu and, deftly, changed topics. "What do you like?"

Last edited by joonsexual; 06-29-2013 at 01:49 AM.

TUMBLR.