Login to your account

Thread: Spotlight (Brook V)

Spotlight (Brook V)

Time Setting: Modern with a hint of sci-fi/fantasy to it
    Players: Brook V & BoredNeko19
    Characters: Kinaita & Jerry
    Plot: Just everyday life and such. No set plot or anything.

-----------------------============================-----------------------

Softly the sound of running water was heard as a girl stood on the edge of the bridge strapped to a bungee rope with a few people standing on watching and waiting to go. A small smile came to her face as her light blue eyes sparkled with joy before she fell forward off the bridge. A laughing scream came from her as she fell and hit the water half way in before she sprung back up. Laughing she watched the view of the nature around her as she slowed down before she unhooked herself and dropped down into the water. She swam over to the boat that was coming towards her and climbed up into it with a laugh. "That was awesome!" She told the guy on the boat as she dried off with the towel that was offered her. Once back on land she went back up to the bridge to talk with the other folks and grab her backpack that she had with her.
    Last edited by BoredNeko19; 08-19-2011 at 03:26 AM.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

A young man stood and looked at the bungee-jumpers. It looked fun but he did no move to involve himself into it. He wasn't afraid if heights or anything like that. What made him nervous was the water. He wasn't a good swimmer and the thought of drowning scared him. So he just stood there and watched. Then he noticed the girl that had jumped before coming back up again. He gave her a quick glance before resuming to look over the valley. It was a stunning view. The river ran down between the mountains and its banks was filled with trees. He could hear birds singing from down below. He smiled. He always enjoyed being out in the nature.

Kina picked up her bag and draped it over her shoulder as she rung out her long hair and rubbed the towel over the long brown hair. Had she not caught sight of the guy she probably would have ran into him but she managed to stop to look at him, wasn't like he was bad to look at or anything. But she was friendly enough to smile and said "Hello. Wanting to join them? It's quiet a rush and enjoyable." She went back to towel dry her hair as she watched him with her head tilted to the side while holding the towel tight around it to get the extra water into it. Even though she loved her long hair it was a pain to dry and style most of the time, but nothing could make her cut it short at all.

Jerry was brought out of his admiring of the view by the voice of a girl. He turned around and looked at her. She had long hair and seemed to be off Asian decent. Jerry brushed his hand through his short black hair a bit nervously. He then smiled and slowly shook his head, "I can't swim," he admitted to the girl with a slight blush on his face. He placed his hands in his jeans pockets before he slowly spoke. "I'm Jerry Brown." He then peeked curiously at the girl. "What's your name?".

"I'm Kinaita but call me Kina. Nice to meet you Jerry." She replied to his question before she leaned against the railing and watched some other people jump. "You can jump with someone else who you can hold on to while in the water so you don't drown until the boat comes to get ya. I've seen some people do that and in one of the places we traveled to I did it with a younger kid who wanted to do it." She said with a shrug, her conversation skills weren't that good mostly due to her just talking to her younger siblings and grandma only. Plus anytime she talked to someone else it was just to tell them to go screw themselves for picking on her younger siblings.

But she was told to try to work on her skills and thus she was there jumping to have something to talk about. She traveled with the people who ran the bridge jumping so she got to see the world and jump off some awesome bridges. At least she did before they returned back to the starting point of where she joined them. Now was the time for her to return to her home and siblings without really learning anything but how to enjoy life and have fun. Ok not that good of a thing but still, with a shake of her head she gave him a smile and said "I'd be willing to jump with ya if ya wanted."

Jerry glanced over the railing. He knew what too much water could do to his physiology. Getting shot circuited wasn't much fun. It did look fun though but he didn't want to hurt anyone and diffidently not himself. Kina seemed nice and he was not sure how to put this forward to her. Then he remembered something he heard on the TV. He looked down and kicked a stone down the bridge. He watched it for a moment before looking back at Kina. "It's not just that I can't swim... I also got aquaphobia. I appreciate your offer but no thanks," he then said. Then he looked at curiously at Kina."Are you from around here? I don't recalling seeing you before," he added and leaned towards the railing. As he placed his hand on it small blue sparks emerged and went from his body and into the railing. The sparks disappeared seconds later and all went back to normal.
    Last edited by Brook V; 07-10-2011 at 08:57 PM.

((back now.. well lets make it I'll be back on the 7th my time))

Kina shrugged and said "You're missing out on a lot of fun then." She hopped up on the railing and dangled her feet off the edge as she looked down at the water. His question she didn't answer right away due to her not really wanting to but she did see the sparks. A small smirk cam to her face as she looked at him and said "I live here.. well I haven't for the past five years... been traveling and jumping off bridges with this group." A small smile danced on her face before she hopped back down to the bridge as she looked towards the town. "I looked different five years ago so if you lived here over fire years ago then that may be why you don't recognize me." The giggle left her before she picked up her bag and asked "Feel like leaving the beauty of the scenery and walking with me to town?"

Jerry got a bit worried as Kina sat down at the railing. It was an awfully long way down. He leaned at the railing and looked out over the scenery. "I just recently moved here. I've been studying at college the past few years, in California. It was nice there but awfully hot. I prefer the weather up here actually," he replied. It was a small down as well, long away from where he had been last. It suited him in more than one way. The girl the jumped back down at the ground. Jerry have her a nod before going away from the railing. "Sure, don't got anything better to do," he answered with a smile and begun walking down to the town with Kina.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Kina gave him a smile when he started to walk with her and said "Small towns aren't the best for entertainment but they have such a rich history. Well most of them do... I've visited some that had no history at all that was interesting or anything." She gave a shrug as small towns were better to her in a way but at the same time they weren't. Too many times did too many people know about something that happened far too quickly in a small town, sometimes that was a good thing and other times it was a bad thing. "Aside from the weather what made you move here?" She asked in a tone of voice that let him know if he didn't want to talk about it that it would be fine.

Wasn't like she was one of the pushy old ladies at the local mom and pop store that wanted to know every detail of a persons life. From what she last knew of her hometown was that it didn't get many new people and those that were new meant prying into their life. With a soft laugh she said "I hope the old ladies at Juneberry didn't bother you too much if they are even alive." Juneberry was the oldest mom and pop restaurant in town back when she left and it was also her way of seeing if it was still running or not. Well she figured it was since it was more of a family thing for like one of the families who first settled into the town.

Jerry looked back at Kina as they walked down the road. The nature around them was quite dramatic and stunning. He though for a moment or two before replying. "I can understand that," Jerry said with a smile. "Well, I moved here because I need some time to think about stuff. Big cites are very lively but it's difficult to take time and think. Also, I heard there was a job opportunity down here that I'm interested in," he the added. Speaking of which, he had that interview he had to remember to go to tomorrow. It was at a local school. He had graduated as an elementary school teacher.

"Juneberry? I've passed by there but I didn't go in. I haven't got much from the old ladies. But that may change," he said with a laugh. He knew of that kind of gossip. It had been a couple of dear old ladies at his hometown too. His home town was a bit bigger than this one and more to the south. Still it had its gossip too. He missed that town but he couldn't return there. That would be the first place his mother checked.
    Zone District

A grin came to her face and she said "I wouldn't go into it unless your ready for the whole town to know your whole story." She looked at the trees and flowers before she stopped to pick a few of the flowers. Later she would stop by the cemetery to pay the respect to her parents but not while she was with someone she didn't know much about. But she knew her younger siblings would love the flowers and so would her grandmother.

"What kind of job? Last I knew you have to know someone in town to be able to get any job. Very few go by skills for a job in this town." She asked as she went back to walking, only this time she had linked her arm with his. Why? There wasn't any reason why aside from the fact that she wanted to. Might as well cause gossip aside from the ungrateful runaway being back in town. The talk of jobs made her remember that she would have to get one now that she was back in town, she wouldn't freeload from her grandmother too much even if she was family.

Although she figured she could easily get her job back at Juneberry's, not that she wanted it but it would pay good. "Sorry if I ask too many questions, just tell me if I ask something too personal." She said with a slightly shy smile. It would look odd on her if it wasn't for her words before hand since with how she acted so far was too out going and light, shy didn't seem like her at all. Which she wasn't at all.

"Thanks for the warning," Jerry said with a smile. He was new in town and the less talk about him he caused the better. He wanted to be hidden and thereby make it more difficult for his mother to found him. He watched as Kina picked up the flowers. It was nice flowers and he imagined they would find their way to a vase in her home. He got a bit taken aback as she linked her arms with his. It made him a bit uncomfortable, after all he didn't knew her. He unlinked their arms and put some space between them, his shyness coming back. They walked in silence for a bit before he looked back at Kina. He was a bit taller than her so it was more like looking down at her though.

"I know a family in town the Turner's as I went to college with their son, Sam. We went different courses though. When I said I was thinking of moving here he told me there was a job offer at the local school. His mother, Claire, is the principal," Jerry said with another small smile. He hoped to met Sam but it was unlikely. Sam loved the big cities so it wouldn't surprise him he started working in one. He then shrugged. "It's OK. I need to get to know more people here," he replied. He couldn't be an outsider, it would create too much buzz although he was a bot awkward among crowds and people he didn't know. Another reason to stay away from Juneberry.
    Zone District

She grinned and gave an apologetic look for linking arms with him, she was use to people who didn't mind being physically close like that after just meeting. But she laughed softly and said "That's good... I hope you get the job, the schools could use some good teachers who don't know the ins and outs of every student's family. I know the kids will enjoy having a teacher who can't tell embarrassing stories of when the teacher use to babysit for the kid." With a grin she walked backwards and out in the middle of the road with her eyes close for a little bit.

"Small towns are great if you fit in... they'll help protect someone from outside trouble if they know the reason why." She said before she opened her eyes to look at him. As she studied him for a bit before she turned back around so her back was to him and said "This town has it's secrets too. I take it nobody has really be opened with you completely have they?" It was a simple question which she didn't really care if he answered or not. After all the town kept it's secrets close and protected the ones who held the secrets of the town.

"Well at least you haven't gotten attacked by a vampire yet." She said with a glance at him, of course there were no vampires but she wanted to see his reaction to that as she knew there were vampires out in the world. A few she had met on her travels, well they had claimed to be vampires anyway. As most of the people who claimed to be vampires just turned out to be pale kids who had a disease that made it so they couldn't go out in the sunlight and drunk too much tomato and other red juice when in public.

"Yeah I could see how that could be embarrassing. I hope I'll get the job, " Jerry said and smiled. He then watched as she walked backwards into the road with closed eyes. he gave her a worried look and checked so there was no cars nearby. This girl seemed to like living dangerously. He was about to reply when she turned her back to him. He got an odd feeling in his stomach. 'What have I got myself into now?' he thought. He got a bot worried and curiously at her words but perhaps she was just kidding with him. "No... nobody has told me any secrets. I'm new here as you know. What are you getting at?" he replied with a slightly worried expression. Could he really open him up for someone? Money could turn must people around and he didn't want to get sold out. His mother and her scientists had that... money and power. His expression deepened even more as Kina started talking about vampires. He had seen vampires in movies and TV-shows. He didn't believe in that however.
    "There's no such thing as a vampire. It's just just a increasingly popular horror element in pop culture," he then replied as his expression soften a bit.
    Zone District

She grinned at him and said "Not really there are people out there who have a disease that make it so they can't go out in the sunlight and the younger ones tend to drink too much red juice in public to give the illusion that they are vampires. But you are right there aren't real vampires." She turned back around but said over her shoulder "So your ability with electric won't leave town if anyone finds out." She was really just guessing that he had a talent with electric from the spark she saw but it could have just been strong static electricity. But since her younger siblings could see the future she didn't put the thought of him having an ability with electric out of her mind easily. Plus she rather hear what he had to say about it, which if he lied she would claim to believe it and just wait til he needed help or wanted to talk about it. "Turner's are a high family in town, so if you know one of them then you probably will get the job if their son told them about you." She said with a shrug.

Jerry raised his eyebrows at the mention of the diseased children. "Well I see how that can be misinterpreted," he then replied with a chuckle. What Kina said next, shook him deeply. He didn't want anybody to know about his power. He had done is best to keep it hidden and under control. Not even Sam knew... although he might have found out. Jerry didn't know. Had he revealed himself somehow? "I don't know what you're taking about," he said as he tried to avoid the topic. He got a chance to change the subject as Kina begun to speak about the Turner's. "Yeah, I knew his parents were rich. They could effort to send him to college far away. I hope I will, " he said with a smile.
    Zone District