Login to your account

Thread: [CLOSED] * Syzygy

[CLOSED] * Syzygy

The Premise: A group of individuals (all, coincidentally, students or faculties of the same university) are players of a popular virtual-reality game (Evigilo). And, to celebrate the game's fifth year anniversary, the creators of Evigilo have announced an in-game tournament, which is exciting news for all the players. Particularly because the winners of the tournament will be given dominion (read: rule) over the brand new location within the game-world: Sidus. With such an excellent prize to be had, all the guilds in Evigilo are scrambling to prepare for the tournament! In the famous words of a fictitious woman: May the odds be ever in your favor.

The Characters: All of the characters are, somehow, related or linked to each other. For example, one of the characters is being blackmailed into joining a team and another character is in love with the online persona of his real-life "nemesis." The character designs are built with the intention of comedy, but are fully capable of fostering true and honest romantic relationships. I'm not going to lie; I made this role-play so I could have a fluffy, romantic-comedy.

Slots : Each shell will be accompanied by an age, an alignment (guild), and a brief blurb. Relationships are not built into the shells (they will be formulated and assigned/discussed once all the characters are in).

EXAMPLE

THE AGGRANDIZING LEADER (22) is the captain of Everlight, a strong contender for the title of champion. Despite being the leader of a renowned and widely respected guild, he has yet to cinch a title deed for his crew, but with veteran guilds such as Majika and Tiantai finally out of the way (barred from competing due to qualification requirements), he believes this is his year! And as much of a celebrity as he is in the VR-world, he is just as popular in the real world: having enough fans to feed his ever-growing ego for three or four lifetimes! The only person with more love and attention than him would have to be THE PHEROMONE MACHINE.*

*This slot is only an example. The character may not actually exist in the released edition of the game.

Furthermore, you will have the freedom to decide which class your character is assigned (I will provide a list) and moderate flexibility on crafting the corresponding stat-chart (some restrictions will be assigned to assure balance).

The Logistics: The game will take place in both the game-world and the real-world (roughly 60/40—respectively). The game will be organized by episodes. Additionally, there will be a unique location that will function like an online chatroom for the characters, which will be made available for all off-line episodes.

In regards to fight scenes, I am considering the implementation of a simple, easy-to-learn dice system, which, hopefully, will be intuitive and interesting! However, if the dice-system does not pan out, action sequences will be policed as they always are: no complete actions and use of good judgment (a better explanation will be provided upon the game's release).

01. Despite it's easy-going premise, *Syzygy is an advanced game. As such, I expect all applicants to not only have a mastery of the English language, but be an active voice in brainstorming for future developments.

02. *Syzygy will not follow a strictly first-come, first-serve application process. Please expect to fill out a background check (example). As for an explanation regarding why I choose to do this: click here.

03. This is, indeed, a romantic-comedy, with a side of fun-filled action. The written storyline is only a tool to further the relationships shared between and among the characters. Additionally, this is a boy-love (BL) game; please expect romantic relationships between men. This also means there are no female characters.

04. I intend to release the game by the end of next week.

05. If there are any questions or comments, please feel free to make a post! If you are interested in applying to the game, please also leave a note!

Last edited by joonsexual; 06-14-2013 at 11:06 PM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar
    screams jing this is perf
    omg but camp
    sighs
    ;___;

Aww... ):

Well, considering how long it took for me to actually start/release Halcyon, there's a good chance that *Syzygy won't start right away. Not to mention there will be a greater emphasis for characters to establish relationships/bonds and potential pairings (?) before the game can actually start, which is something I didn't have to do for Halcyon... haha.

And, if I can get the game released within next week, you can browse through the characters or something, lol.

TUMBLR.

Ahaha, I see. c': I will look through the characters then! n un

I'll try to get everything set-up as scheduled, but... lol, let's be real for two seconds: when have I ever done things according to a schedule? lol

But, no, seriously, I'm hoping I'll get a bucketload of inspiration and set-up the game in a day or two... I mean, remember that time when Halcyon went inactive for a month because I couldn't be assed to write anything more than an intro? But then, in two days, I finish everything? Of course... right now... there isn't even a front page. LOL.

I AM A+++++ GM. OBVS. xD;

TUMBLR.

Ye, jing u da best gm 8D <3

This looks fantastic, I will certainly draw up an app
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

I think, instead of promising the entire role-play, I will reveal the slots and allow people to see what the characters look like. I will also provide all necessary information for understanding the roles (i.e. background information).

I don't think I can set-up the role-play in its entirety because a) I have minimal writer's block (I can't find the appropriate phrasing for certain things) and b) see a. Ha...

Other than that, even though the game is fairly constructed, I welcome both questions and suggestions. I can't promise that every suggestion will be implemented, but they will all be taken into consideration. (:

TUMBLR.

THIS IS CLOSED.

After a lot of thought and consideration, I've decided to save this game for a later time and date. Sorry for the inconvenience!

TUMBLR.