Login to your account

Thread: Small Supernatural Private Eye RP

Small Supernatural Private Eye RP

Would anyone be interested in playing in a fantasy noir detective story GM'd by me? A team of no more than five, at least one with some sort of "power," and at least one without.

Now I know the premise sounds simple, but this will be a fully formed and functional mystery. Any questions about the setting or other details left vague? Or, anyone want in?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Well you know I'm in. I'm just not sure I can start right off the bat. And, if I do, I would only be able to post during a limited time frame (after hours at work).

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

That'd be great. For balance's sake, would you rather be powered or unpowered, and if the former, what supernatural ability would you prefer? Anything that would help you investigate would be ideal, think Devil Summoner, Phoenix Wright, Pushing Daisies, et al.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Hmmm. I feel like there will be more "powered" people so I would totally be okay with an unpowered person. But I'm really quite flexible, as you know. So if there's a power you would love to see my play, I could and would certainly take on that role.

I'm suppa helpful, ain't I? :3

- hangouts -

That's fine. But this IS a noir detective story, so if you wanna play off archetypes, that's perfect. Remember, Batman is a detective too, and having a bored billionaire with boy ward is also acceptable, although I wouldn't let you be quite so rich.

However, these are not hard and fast rules. Character creation is as loose as you want it to be.

All this being said, I'd be shocked if, for example, we end up with no femme (or not so femme) fatales.

DC? Batman? Psh, plz! You know me and my love of all things Iron Man. If I were to rip off any character, it would certainly be him. Bwah ha ha <3

And women of that kind, roleplay-wise, are the best. I have to say "roleplay-wise" because I feel that, if I'm not self-conscious, I could and do fall under that definition at times. Oops. /casual eyeroll here/

But jeez, I have so many options. I haven't even decided if I want to be male or female yet. What kind of images will we be using to bring our characters to life? Drawings, 3D renderings, photographs? Perhaps that will help me narrow down my character's personality and gender. B|

- hangouts -

Comicwise, Iron Man is too political to appeal to me, although after the deal with Mephisto and the return of his alcoholism, he's a bit more interesting, though I still won't read him. But that's a moot point, as Batman's title is "The World's Best Detective," which would be why I referenced him as opposed to Spidey, Daredevil, etc..

I would prefer photos or drawings, but... All I ask image wise is that they are black and white, so convert them to black and white. While it is noir, it's not the 1920's, so characters of all races, creeds, orientations are acceptable (contrariwise, your character is allowed to be a smarmy sexist, racist asshole and speak like Gatsby or Bogart, in fact the latter is encouraged).
    Last edited by Avarice; 06-05-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Clarity of wording

Sweet deal. I shall hunt for a picture and build a character around it

- hangouts -

99% sure that this will be the cover image. 9780753456361.jpg

I approve!

- hangouts -

Any other interested parties?

Yo, I need more than one person to host an RP, if no one's interested, tell me why

Yeah, why don't people wanna join this?! Too busy? Not your forte?

- hangouts -

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Is it too late to say that this sounds interesting to me?

Not even a little bit; I'm basing the story around the characters so if you would PM or VM me and we'll build a character idea that'd be perfect.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Aye, Sir!

Yo, so I found this noir detective monster comic, considering maybe heading this direction (monster people), what do y'all think?

It seems interesting, but I kinda want to keep my first character entirely human.

I'm feeling him... idk why but he seems like a good face for a character. XD

- hangouts -

I'm always so anime style with things. . . But, I still need to figure out his look.
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

I usually am. But this time I tried using tags such as #original #realistic and I found that. I'm pleased with the search B|

- hangouts -

Yeah. . . Sometimes I get weird results. . .
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

YUP! I get them too. And then I set my filter to "strict." xD

- hangouts -

Yup, he looks like a pretty PO'd PI. You know who he kinda reminds me of? Lamont Toucey from HINABN.
    Mont3.jpg

B| I thought he looked pretty spiffy. Now for a name. A very manly name. I'm feeling... Ashley. j/kkkkkkk. <.< But maybe. XD

- hangouts -

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    Hey this seems interesting, too late to say so?
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!