Login to your account

Global Preservation of Normality

In a world where what we call "normal" does not exist and mass panic is avoided solely through lies......

Tags: action, drama, horror, magic, military, modern, monsters, organization, romance, science, supernatural

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Count The Trees

Created: 05-13-2013, 11:07 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

1. Characters in this post:
    The wooden clicking sound of heels against the metal floor echoed through the facility. The Blue Division team had gotten themselves a new subject to research, one from the Council, apparently. A Boogeyman. Not the first one the Preservation had encountered, but the first living specimen they had gotten into containment. Had to make their beast for it.

The researchers rounded up in the observation hall connected to the new subject's cell. A ten by ten feet metal cell, completely devoid of any furniture or other objects that could cast a shadow, considering these creatures' ability to travel by darkness. At the moment, he seemed like any average man, but the researchers knew better as they sternly watched him through the plexiglass panel separating the two chambers.

One of the Blue Division researchers stepped forward to speak through a nearby microphone. Meanwhile, a speaker inside the cell transferred the man's voice. "Subject."

2. Characters in this post:
    Daniel was sitting calmly in his cell waiting for night when he would transform and spend another night furiously scraping his claws against the walls of his empty cell. He could see the scratch marks covering every wall and even the floors of the room. He knew if he could simply get out of this room one night he'd have a chance to escape. So far he hasn't figured a way out, but Daniel is patient and was thinking of ways he could escape. He needed just a little darkness and he would have a chance.

As he was thinking he heard a voice from a speaker. "My name is Daniel. I prefer to be called by it." He said with not even a hint of emotion in his voice. He stared at the center of the plexiglass panel with a completely calm expression. He knew that either he would die in here, escape, or be rescued and that he just needed to wait until one of those happened. In truth he didn't care what they did. He saw no reason to cooperate but then again he had no reason not to. He'd only ever joined the council so he could kill for a reason. He had no true loyalty to them.

3. Characters in this post:
    "From today on, your name is what we say it is." The researcher did not show many signs of emotion himself. He was calm and rational, while his voice also carried a small hint of boredom, as if this was any normal nine to five job. "Now, this will be faster and easier if you simply cooperate. A small disc will be ejected from the wall below this plexiglass panel. Would you be so kind and put any form of generic material on it? Spit, hair, skin, what have you."

As he spoke, a thin metal disc did indeed pop out from the wall, ready to return back into the wall once the material was submitted. Of course, the Blue Division Agents did not expect the subject to cooperate. They rarely did, but it was always nice to give them the option of course.

4. Characters in this post:
    "Actually, my name is Daniel. And I don't mind cooperating if you call me by my name." In truth his entire DNA changes when he transforms so he would appear as human as they are during the day, so he didn't mind giving them human DNA.

"This will be faster and easier if you simply call me Daniel." He said nearly exactly quoting the researcher. He didn't really care what they called him but he knew that if they gave in on this then slowly over time he could convince them to give in more and more until they slipped up and he could escape. His emotionless face simply stared at the plexiglass, not even the people behind it but the glass itself. He truly felt nothing at the moment.

5. Characters in this post:
    The Agent made a deep sigh. Well...Something as simple as a name was less than what the more rebellious subjects demanded. Of course, the Preservation rarely if ever agreed to any demands the subjects made. After all, they were not completely certain how most of their abilities worked. They could be preparing an escape. Then again, simply calling boogeymen by name had not done something in any reports, so...

"Well then, Daniel, if you would be so kind..?" Sometimes, giving them smaller victories like this was the easiest, the Agent found it.

6. Characters in this post:
    Daniel spit into the tray. "Now was that so hard?" he said as the tray went back into the wall. Now that he knew they would comply to small demands, he simply had to build their trust until he could demand something to escape with. "Since we're on the subject, what do i call you? Or will it be a new agent every day?"

7. Characters in this post:
    "You won't need to have a name for any of us." Sonia remarked smoothly over her clipboard, a finger pressing on the communication button as another of the Blue Division collected the disc, making a note and then finally glancing up in wary fascination at this so called 'David'. They had not had a boogeyman in containment while she had been employed, and the fact that they did meant there was a chance to finally find a more effective way of stopping the creatures in their rampages before they did as much damage as they usually managed.

And their regenerative powers were really not something to be lightly dismissed.

She didn't at all like the idea of letting this creature have a name other than 'subject' but, that she was aware of, there wouldn't be any consequences. That wasn't the problem. He looked human; and the humanoids always put her that tiny bit more on edge than the mindless, grotesque creatures that were kept in the lower cells. He wasn't at night, of course, but right now he could easily have been a civilian. "And," she continued, giving the other Agent a careful glance, "our schedule is of no importance to you."

8. Characters in this post:
    Daniel found her response amusing. "I just thought since we will be spending a lot of time together, we might as well get to know each other." He smiled as he said this. "For example, I'm Daniel and i'm a boogeyman. I like long walks on the beach and i'm a Gemini. Now it's your turn." He winked at her during that last sentence. Maybe this will be enjoyable. He thought as he amused himself with this pointless game.

He really didn't care what her name was but he needed something to do while he waited. After all he couldn't escape during the day. Who knows maybe these agents are nice. And maybe if he could make them feel like he wasn't a monster and had some human in him then they wouldn't kill him. Not that he particularly cared one way or another.

9. Characters in this post:
    Normally, the subjects were agitated, angry and completely uncooperative in every way possible. Daniel - the Boogeyman, she quickly corrected herself - was joking; all sarcasm and random nudges at the not-so-physical boundaries of her division. It was bizarre, almost disarming, and in the exact same step, entirely unnerving. Especially considering the drastic change overnight. It was obviously a ploy, or just him trying to play up any potential humanity - he had killed Agents before they caught him.

"Our star-signs clash." She said simply in response, humoring the fictitiously harmless conversation as she checked over a few notes that had been left from the observation team after last night. "And I hate the beach. In your other form, tonight," Sonia carried on without changing her tone, turning a page and tapping her fingers lightly on the back of the board for a second, "We will be needing more biological samples, for testing. Think you'll cooperate?"

10. Characters in this post:
    Daniel chuckled, amused by her response. "Never believed in the zodiac stuff anyways." He responded. He could tell she took her job very seriously, but considering her line of work he didn't blame her. "If I do cooperate, what do I get?" He was gonna get as much out of this position as he could. It's not like they would just march in here at night and try to take his DNA. They lost enough agents catching him the first time. They wouldn't risk losing more and a possible escape.

11. Characters in this post:
    "What would you be asking?" She quizzed, finally setting down the clipboard on the small desk, carefully situated out of the way of the lighting system. She regarded him carefully, folding her arms across her chest. "Considering your position, there are... limitations. You understand."

12. Characters in this post:
    "Don't worry, I understand." Daniel paused for a second. He did't really expect them to let him choose what he wanted. He had to be careful how he approached this. "How about we make a deal? I will cooperate from here on out, but you will answer my questions, no government secrets of course, and talk with me. It gets a little boring in this empty room." He winked at her as he mentioned boring. "That sound fair to you?" He really did get bored in here and maybe if he could make her feel like he was her friend then it would be easier to make an escape. Maybe even have her join him. Although, if she didn't help him then she might have to die. I can live with that. He thought without changing his expression.

13. Characters in this post:
    The other Agent remained silent for the time being, instead letting Agent Perdue handle the subject at hand. She was talented, he had to admit, very talented. This Subject however...It was planning something, that much was clear. Well, they had reasons to believe it was tied directly to the "Council of Truth" and if that was the case, they had to take a few risks to put a stop to the greater threat.

If that included longer conversations with Sleigh, so be it. As long as an Agent didn't develop any form of personal relationship with the Subject, they were in the green. The subjects were objects of research, monstrous beings that could end humanity if left unchecked...Nothing else.

14. Characters in this post:
    "I don't see how that could cause an issue, no." She said after a moments thought, regarding Daniel carefully. It was almost a relief, really, that he hadn't pushed for something that would end up with her filling out a pile of paperwork to send through to the Violet Division - which would have set them back weeks. Once they had the other sample, they would be able to start trying to find a link between the two forms, and maybe, finally, have a way to screen for the creatures in a manner that didn't involve dodging razor sharp everything.

Which would be a start.

"I also don't quite see how your boredom is an issue for you." She added, raising an elegant eyebrow and stepping back a little to reclaim her clipboard, scrawling down the testing plans that they would be running through once they had both samples. "Considering."

15. Characters in this post:
    "Considering what? All I have is an empty room and nothing to do. Until tonight that is." He replied. In honesty the boredom didn't bother him. He could sit patiently all day long. A skill that he found quite useful when stalking a potential prey. However, talking to this agent could potential be useful. Maybe she has a soft spot for her subjects. he thought. He would get as many benefits from cooperating as he could before he escaped. Or died, that was always a possibility too.

Posts 1 to 15 of 15