Login to your account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OOC : Hell Games

Btw, are we still looking for more people to join this? I invited a few friends to check it out. Not sure if they'll bite or not (and if there's space).

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

There's definitely space. The more the merrier, being able to host more than one game at once would be top notch.

Thanks for advertising.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Okay so how does one do this battle thing?
    Dodging, attacking. Etc. Is River allowed to move forward? Or does he lose that ability since he's dodging? Or does he need to dodge/get hit first before he can move? And since he has a range of +3 for attack, would he be able to attack her back (assuming he doesn't KO)?

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

All right, imma try to work this out.

Karin just moved forward.

(Karin STA is 2)

River has 4 STA currently. He also has 3 ATK and 3 HP.
    Let's say he doesn't dodge.
    Karin's 2 ATK knocks River's HP to 1.

(Karin 2 STA is dropped to 0 STA)
    (River's 3 HP is dropped to 1 HP)

River attacks and expands 3 STA (he currently has 4 STA).

(River's STA is now 1)

Since Karin has no STA, she gets hit? 3 STA to 3 HP? Does that mean it's a KO?

But that doesn't make sense... since she wouldn't have a chance to dodge. So does that mean at the start of her next turn, she'll recover 2 STA which is equal to River's 2 SPE?

Karin needs to use 3 STA to dodge the attack. But she doesn't have 3 STA. So does that mean she's KOed now?

^^; I'll just wait for you to come on so I know how to post correctly~!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

But what if River decides to dodge…

River has 4 STA, 3 ATK, and 3 HP.
    He dodges.

(River STA drops to 0)

He ends turn since he can't do anything else.

When the turns end, he'll recover 2 STA. But that won't do him any good. He would just die that turn since he can't do anything with just 2 STA.

Doing that just prolongs the inevitable and doesn't make much sense. So River's other option is to flee.

How far does he flee? Or does he just withdraw from the battle? Which, again, is pointless as she can just get him in the next round.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Oh snap. I didn't realize the weapon had an attack boost. River's KOed in all options.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Oh River, he's such a good sport.

P.S. I wasn't sure how someone "died" so I kinda just made it up. ^^;

- hangouts -

Hmm... to answer your questions;

1. both River and Karin have a range advantage (river due to his Ravager perk, Karin due to the bow she found). But under normal circumstances, you can only attack someone who is on the SAME square as you (not an adjacent one). Due to the bow, Karin can attack 2 squares in any direction, River can 3. The only way that Karin could attack River with her bow, in this case, is by approaching him. Since Karin actually backed away before attacking, there are actually 5 squares between Karin and River. In other words; River is out of range and should not be hit by the attack.

2. As for the range of the bow, a diagonal move counts as two moves and so does a diagonal attack. In other words, if Karin stayed in her position and River moved 2 left and 2 down (for the sheer example, I know he couldn't due to his speed). He would also be out of her range. For the sake of example. watch the 0 grid below, the red squares (X being Karin's position) is Karin's current range.

0000X0000

It was a mistake on Vickiazn's part, I believed the weapon's range was clearly visible. I'll ask them to edit their post and then I'll ask you to do the same. It's a practice round though, so there will be no penalties, the whole purpose of this is to make sure everyone is clear on what's ok and not.

2. River is slower than Karin, so dodging is not an option he is given. In our little game, the only person River can dodge is Zabeth (in the rules, it is stated that you can only dodge someone slower than yourself by using your speed in STA +1. So for River to dodge, he would have to spend 3 stamina and his opponent would need to have 1 or 2 in speed, or have 3 and an effect that slows them down during battle only.

3. The option that IS open to River is blocking. When blocking, you use however amount of STA you want and reduce that amount from the damage of the ATK. Karin's current ATK is 3 at full force, 2 at minimal force. If you use 2 STA to block, the damage will drop by 2 points, which would be enough for River to live and fight another day. Since he had the healer perk, healing the damage wouldn't be too much of an issue, since he has enough stamina to afford doing both these things. However, if I were playing River I would advise against blocking and healing, I would block, then move. Since your REC is low, the next turn you would be left with precious little STA and she would be able to just shoot you again. That said, if you block so much as 1 damage, since River has 3 HP, you'll be able to survive with no problem. Karin is swift, has as much HP as you do, but she's not an attacker.

4. ANOTHER THING; Once you have a weapon, you may NOT instigate a fight with an unarmed character (this is also in the rules which apparently nobody is reading) without a penalty. The alternative, however, is entirely possible. Keep in mind that River's range and attack power are both higher than Karin's (though now ATK is equal since she has a bow). You also have more Stamina than her. All in all, unless it's diagonally, here's one thing for you to keep in mind; If River is in Karin's range, the opposite is also true.

5. So now here's what can go on;
    ----Karin lets River find a weapon, then attacks him.
    ----River attacks Karin first, allowing Karin to retaliate (you can't start a fight with an unarmed player, but you can attack them back).
    ----Karin can attack River while unarmed and score a penalty point (though in a practice game this doesn't really matter, I'll just have it noted somewhere). Which will translate to a Recovery penalty for the next turn.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Sorry I did not intervene earlier, I hadn't noticed the occurrences. I usually just check the thread once I see Ophelia has posted since its my turns and that's when I read your posts.

I won't post until this matter's settled. I hope that's cool.

Said no one in the history of everything.

It's fine. It would be unfair for you to have to post blind when others get to know your move. It wouldn't be fair for you and it wouldn't be fair for them if they didn't have the chance to edit their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSilverX View Post
    Hmm... to answer your questions;

1. both River and Karin have a range advantage (river due to his Ravager perk, Karin due to the bow she found). But under normal circumstances, you can only attack someone who is on the SAME square as you (not an adjacent one). Due to the bow, Karin can attack 2 squares in any direction, River can 3. The only way that Karin could attack River with her bow, in this case, is by approaching him. Since Karin actually backed away before attacking, there are actually 5 squares between Karin and River. In other words; River is out of range and should not be hit by the attack.

2. As for the range of the bow, a diagonal move counts as two moves and so does a diagonal attack. In other words, if Karin stayed in her position and River moved 2 left and 2 down (for the sheer example, I know he couldn't due to his speed). He would also be out of her range. For the sake of example. watch the 0 grid below, the red squares (X being Karin's position) is Karin's current range.

0000X0000

It was a mistake on Vickiazn's part, I believed the weapon's range was clearly visible. I'll ask them to edit their post and then I'll ask you to do the same. It's a practice round though, so there will be no penalties, the whole purpose of this is to make sure everyone is clear on what's ok and not.

2. River is slower than Karin, so dodging is not an option he is given. In our little game, the only person River can dodge is Zabeth (in the rules, it is stated that you can only dodge someone slower than yourself by using your speed in STA +1. So for River to dodge, he would have to spend 3 stamina and his opponent would need to have 1 or 2 in speed, or have 3 and an effect that slows them down during battle only.

3. The option that IS open to River is blocking. When blocking, you use however amount of STA you want and reduce that amount from the damage of the ATK. Karin's current ATK is 3 at full force, 2 at minimal force. If you use 2 STA to block, the damage will drop by 2 points, which would be enough for River to live and fight another day. Since he had the healer perk, healing the damage wouldn't be too much of an issue, since he has enough stamina to afford doing both these things. However, if I were playing River I would advise against blocking and healing, I would block, then move. Since your REC is low, the next turn you would be left with precious little STA and she would be able to just shoot you again. That said, if you block so much as 1 damage, since River has 3 HP, you'll be able to survive with no problem. Karin is swift, has as much HP as you do, but she's not an attacker.

4. ANOTHER THING; Once you have a weapon, you may NOT instigate a fight with an unarmed character (this is also in the rules which apparently nobody is reading) without a penalty. The alternative, however, is entirely possible. Keep in mind that River's range and attack power are both higher than Karin's (though now ATK is equal since she has a bow). You also have more Stamina than her. All in all, unless it's diagonally, here's one thing for you to keep in mind; If River is in Karin's range, the opposite is also true.

5. So now here's what can go on;
    ----Karin lets River find a weapon, then attacks him.
    ----River attacks Karin first, allowing Karin to retaliate (you can't start a fight with an unarmed player, but you can attack them back).
    ----Karin can attack River while unarmed and score a penalty point (though in a practice game this doesn't really matter, I'll just have it noted somewhere). Which will translate to a Recovery penalty for the next turn.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Sorry I did not intervene earlier, I hadn't noticed the occurrences. I usually just check the thread once I see Ophelia has posted since its my turns and that's when I read your posts.
    Woo! Thanks for clearing that up. Since I wasn't attacking, I didn't bother to read attacking rules. XD And I don't know why I didn't think about blocking. I guess it would have made too much sense. XD

Thanks so much for clearing that up!

- hangouts -

Alex, I will not be on between now and Tuesday. Feel free to move River accordingly. Note that River is no bullshit kind of guy when it comes to dying, so he would rather die an honorable death than flee. Just post actions and skip the RP part. I can always fill that in later, should I deem it necessary.

Thanks!

- hangouts -

Alright, I will take care of it. Have a good time.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Fixed it! Sorry to hold everyone up! I'll apologize to everyone's Profiles. . .
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

It's fine, it's fine. Mistakes happen and you didn't hold us up more than a day so its nothing to freak out about. As I said earlier, the whole reason I made a practice round was in case mistakes happened. Everyone, try to have fun and Vickiazn, thank you for complying, it made things so much simpler

It takes a mature individual to admit they've made a mistake, I appreciate it.

Sorry about the delay! I updated my post. I had him do nothing. :3

- hangouts -

Alright cool! Sorry I didn't do it myself, apparently it's impossible for me to edit other people's posts even in my own RP... I guess I get it, but its inconvenient when you have permission.

OPHELIA! I know you're lurking! When you see this, go post.

O rly?! I never knew that. I always assumed GMs had that kind of power. Interesting...

- hangouts -

No, we don't unfortunately... not on this site.

OH MY GOD IT'S MY TURN AGAIN!! O.O

Sorry guys, I kinda don't pay attention since this is my only RP at the moment... Except the one I have with Alex and we like, never post there anymore...

ANYWAYS!

Xavirne, I saw your new RP, I'm thinking of joining it as Snow White... but first... POST!

Alright, I'm gonna make my post and start the next turn by tomorrow. I just got a new laptop and I haven't installed photoshop yet, so I can't make a new map until that is done. We're talking 2, maybe 3 more hours. If it's 2, it'll be done by tonight, otherwise, I'll probably head to bed and post it tomorrow.

Does this mean you'll be able to skype again? DD?

We'll have to see how installing skype goes before I can answer that <.<

Oh. Alright.

Love the new siggy, btw. It's so... you.

IKR??? <3 Thanks.

Yw.

Spam spam spam spam spam

NO!

Okay v.v

Good girl.

Sorry it took so long guys, I've had some trouble with photoshop. The RP will resume shortly.

P.S.: Shortly in this case meaning by the end of the week.
    Last edited by AlexSilverX; 09-30-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: clarification

Yay! Can't wait :3

- hangouts -