Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Another Mans Clan

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    "I.. Don't feel well.." I said softly. My head started to ache, along with my body.. I felt calm, and safe around him, but I wondered what was causing my headache, since I just ate. My knees felt a little wobbly, and I sat down on the edge of the bed right away. I honestly still didn't get why he took me in.. I was honestly just a waste of space, I was sick, and it was clear. I didn't want people wasting their time on me,
    ♥Volbeat♥

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    Jason rushed over to the side of the bed to help the other onto the bed, pulling the covers over her and then placing the back of his hand to her forehead. His eyes narrowed in confusion as he pulled it back, and then placed it on her neck. She was normal temperature for a werewolf, but she said that she didn't feel well.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I didn't flinch away from his soft touch, I actually liked how his skin felt against mine. "My muscles ache, and my head is killing me.." I said softly. Looking up into his eyes with my blue somewhat curious ones. Maybe a nap or something would help, but my head has never hurt like this before. The worried look in his eyes told me that someone actually cared about me.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Erin, get some Ibuprofen." Jason called through the door. He heard the clatter of the chair being moved and then the loud clomping steps to past the doorway, the bathroom door squeaking open and the slamming shut of the medicine cabinet. Moments later, the Beta appeared in the doorway, panting. His eyes were wide and incredulous towards Jason.

"What. The. Hell. You don't ever ask for this stuff." he sighed.

"Lavender needs it." Jason replied, taking the pills from the other. "And get a glass of water too."

"Just cuz' you're the Alpha doesn't make me your bitch."

"You're the closest thing I have to one, Erin." Jason grumbled. Erin laughed in return before staring after Lavender.

"being mean is one of his ways of showing affection, just so you know." At the sound of this, Jason heaved the dirty plate at the Beta. The other caught the plate and then ran down the hallway, laughing.

I smiled softly, and looked away as they talked. And when he got the water, I sat up, and took the pills, the water very refreshing. "Thank you.. You are honestly the nicest person I've ever met.." I said, honestly, I meant it. My whole life seemed to be a joke to my ex-clan. I guess that was safe to say.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Jason's eyes went wide, and Erin burst out into laughter.

"HAH! Me or him?" Erin chuckled. "If it is him, even I'll have to say that you've had a crappy social life. He's not exactly the kindest kid on the block, if you know what I mean." He took a seat next to Jason, elbowing the Alpha in the side lightly.

Jason glared over at Erin before rolling his eyes.

"Well.. I actually did have a crappy life." I said softly, looking away. What was so funny? Even if he hasnt done much, he still saved my life, and is watching over me. Just that alone, makes me feel happy, and cared for. Considering I didn't get anything before. I looked at Jason, and smiled lightly. I was really feeling something towards him.. It was strange, but I seemed to like it.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Eh." Erin shrugged before standing and stretching. He shot a glance over at Jason, whom now had bright pink cheeks. The Beta smirked.

"Ah. Hah hah. The Alpha's flustered." he sung. Jason reached over and hit the other, leaving a red mark on the pale skin of the Beta. It wasn't until after his hand made contact that he had turned to face Erin with the death glare from over the frame of his glasses. Erin paled some before turning and leaving the room, making no sound as he went into the living room.

"He's an idiot. Full idiot. Anyway..." Jason cleared his throat and still didn't look at the girl on the bed. "I have to go for a while. The Doc's next door, so just call for him if you need anything. Me and Erin are going to be down at the main hall, a little ways down the road. We'll be back in about an hour, okay? So get some sleep and don't wake up until tomorrow morning."

Well, shit. Aren't I the most awkward person. He stood and left the room, turning off the light and closing the door behind him.

(We should do a time skip?)
    ♥Volbeat♥

((Indeed))

(Okay, gimme a second)

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

A week or so passed, and I was starting to feel better, and look better. I would eat around the pack now, and be more open with people.. Yeah, I was still hesitant with some, and scared. But, it would take time for me to get used to a normal functioning pack.. And Jason and I talked more, he knew everything that my old pack did to me, and I honestly was getting stronger and stronger feelings for him day by day. I had to ask him something.. I just had to get the courage to do so..
    ♥Volbeat♥

Jason ran past the lake, around its small coastline five times before diving into the cold water from the short pier. He transformed back into a human, and pushed himself to break the surface of the water, taking in a deep breath. He rolled onto his back and just floated there for a while before three simultaneous splashes followed his. He lifted his head just enough to see the Omega's triplets come up for air as well, all pushing water around to splash each other.

He laid his head back down before the water ripples rolled up his neck and he inhaled some of it. He gasped some before shaking his head and sneezing. He then swam back to the pier and pulled himself out of the water.

I was sitting on the porch steps outside, watching the sun go down slowly. I was thinking about how I should ask Jason this thing that's been on my mind for a couple days now.. I wanted answers.. I was just waiting for him to return from his swim. I looked out at the water, remembering that Ive never been in water, and never learned to swim.. I just kept things like that to myself.
    ♥Volbeat♥

After a while of watching the kids, the Omega came by and sat on the pier, telling Jason to go start dinner. The young man replied before standing and walking off towards the back porch of his house. When he emerged from the trees, he saw Lavender sitting by herself on the steps. Curious as to why she was there, he walked up and then sat beside her- on the porch and hanging his legs off of the edge.

"You seem preoccupied." he stated.

I looked up, seeing Jason, and I grinned. I loved being around him, I really did.. "Well.. Yeah.. I guess you could say that," I began. "I just have to ask you something.." I said, having more of his attention, when he gave me the go ahead to ask, I did so.. "You're my mate, aren't you?" I asked. It took me a while, to get what I was feeling towards him.. Since I never got any love or care from anyone at my old pack house, it took me a while to realize what it was, and what it meant to me.. But, I hoped that I was right with this one..
    ♥Volbeat♥

"You've finally figured it out?" He laid back against the porch with a long and loud sigh. "Yup. I'm your mate, you're my mate. When did you realize it?" he stared up at the underbelly of the porch awning, watching a spider crawl up into its web to feast on a bug. He then looked over at Lavender inquisitively.

"The other day.. Its just.. I've never gotten love from anyone, or felt it for other people.. It just took me a little to know what I was feeling.. And then I just.. Out two and two together.." I said softly. "I'm.. Just sorry you ended up with me, and.. Not someone pretty.." I said, more to myself than him. I guess I looked healthier, but I would never compare to the girls on TV, or in magazines.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"I actually never expected to have a mate. I just thought it was a superstition or something like that. I mean, I guess I lost hope on that a while back. I had no pull towards the girls here, and after a while I just didn't care anymore. But then, poof! here you are." He laughed quietly. "Honestly, I was more shocked than anything else, that's why I ran into you that first night. That's why the clan accepted you so quickly. I mean, seriously..." And then he heard the rest of what she said.

He sat up and then looked over at Lavender with a look of confusion in his eyes.

"What? You're sorry? Why on earth would you be sorry about that? I should have you know that I could care less about appearance, but you are easy on the eyes. Now that you're eating now and you look less starved..." He pressed a hand to his face, suddenly flustered. "Whatever, ignore that last bit..."

I felt my cheeks become warm, sure enough I had a slight blush dancing on my cheeks. "I.. See." I said softly after he was done talking. "I.. Just had to know if I was right, about the mate thing.." I said softly. Well, what now? I guess having a mate automatically means you are in a relationship or something, well that's what I've heard. Hes been busy, so its not like him and I have got to hold hands or anything.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"So what the hell are we going to do now? I mean, there's really no need to rush, is there? We're mates and all and from what I remember the bond is forever or something..." he kept his gaze away from Lavender, not really sure what her reaction was. He wasn't even sure what he felt towards her, feeling sometimes like an older brother or her protector to the occasional moment of what he thought was love. Sure, the guy had a nicer life than the girl, but he was stupid when it came to emotions or the listening to one's heart thing.

He was a guy who listened to his brain and only his brain. Emotions are weird anyway.
    Last edited by A Simple Sigh; 05-06-2013 at 03:16 AM.

"Well.. We are mates, so we might as well act like it.." I said. He seemed a little hesitant about it. I mean, he wasn't even looking at me. I guess I could be a little shy about it too. "Just go with the flow.. I guess.." I said, standing, and heading inside. I wasn't quite sure what to do now, maybe just do what I feel is right.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Jason waited a moment before leaping up to his feet and then rushing after Lavender. He bit down on his lip before grabbing her arm, stopping her.

"Wait, Lavender... Would... You like to help me with dinner...?" He still couldn't look her in the eye, but he gave her a glimpse after sending his eyes back to the ground. "I mean... if you would like to."

I felt my cheeks darken with a pink, feeling his hand grab my arm softly. I looked up at him, and chuckled quietly, seeing the nervousness in his eyes. It was quite cute. "Yeah, I will." I said softly, taking his hand, and walking to the kitchen. "What will we make?" I asked.
    ♥Volbeat♥