Login to your account

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bite Me

Humble Farmer With a Sword rustysteelsyringe's Avatar
    She frowned, barely even glancing at Detrian. "I'm afraid it does, unfortunately," she replied, showing her identification. "Isabel Price, level three layer, and I've been tasked with keeping this vampire alive for some reason. Who are you two?" Carefully, she stepped forward into the light to get a better look at them, seeming rather unimpressed by the whole situation

"Unfortunately, this is none of your business, Miss Price. Please kindly remove yourself from this place, or else..." he also took out a gun and pointed it at Isabel. The other man approached Detrian, who didn't seem to be resisting much.

"Get him to the car," the man in front of Isabel spoke, while keeping an eye on her.

"It is, unfortunately," she interjected, taking a cautious step forward. "I mean, really, let's be reasonable here- this town is full of vampires, there's got to be one you could find whose death won't get me... terminated. And shooting me would just make another mess to tidy up. Can't we work something out?"

"Tsk... You're such a bore," Detrian mumbled and grabbed the man on front of him by the hand holding a gun. His finger wrapping around the man's wrist like an iron claw, making him yelp in pain and drop the weapon. "This is how you handle an attacker, no?" he looked at Isabel with a smirk. His small would was healed now, thanks to the interruption and thus it was time for payback for interrupting his 'meal'. With just a little grunt, Detrian threw the man he was holding into a nearby wall effectively knocking him out.

"Aren't you going to run with your tail between your legs?" the vampire grinned, exposing his fangs. The look in his eyes was far from friendly and the attacker lost any advantage he had. He was simply outnumbered with both Detrian and Isabel against him.
    "Scram," Detrian almost roared, but it seemed the remaining man valued his life enough to listen to the order. Shaking with anger, he lowered his gun and retreated from the alley. "This isn't over yet..." he hissed through his teeth.

Once the man was out of sight, Detrian looked at Isabel. "Hail a taxi, we're going home."

She winced as the first slayer hit the wall with a slight cracking noise. Managing to offer a brief, apologetic look at the other slayer as he disappeared around the corner, she sighed before looking up at Detrian. "That is how some people handle things," she replied sharply. "And that might be why some people find themselves pursued by assassins. You are more or less physically unharmed, correct?" Without really waiting for an answer, she started out of the alley to see if there was a cab approaching them.

"Sorry, I don't take kindly to people that shoot at me," he spat out, but he was fine, just extremely angry. The whole aura he excluded made him seem like the stereotypical predator, firm, cold and bone chilling. Detrian didn't bother to speak another word to the woman and just waited for her to catch them a ride. Once she managed that, he was quick to get in and tell the driver his address.
    'Damn... That man is going to be all over me after this...' he cursed to himself.

Once they were back at the apartment, he rushed to his study. If it had a door, he would have slammed them, but now he just turned on his stereo as loud as he could. The loud music loosened him up some, but he still couldn't calm down and kept pacing back and forth.

The ride home was quite firmly silent- Isabel was rather displeased as well, but decided that airing her grievances in front of the cab driver was probably a bad idea at this point. Occasionally, she glanced Detrian's way, looking incredibly unimpressed.

Once they were in the apartment, she paused to ensure the door was locked, just in case. Her next stop was the kitchen, where she made a quick up of tea before taking a seat on the oversized couch. She took a few long sips, glancing warily towards the source of the pounding bass. Although she did want to give him a serious talk, he seemed a bit too volatile now for that to be safe.

As time passed, Detrian's pacing stopped, though the music was still pounding. Deciding, that the best way not to think about annoying things was work, the man sat down by his desk and took his camera. Turning it on, he looked through a few of the photos he had taken earlier that day, then connected it to his computer. The pictures of scenery and people pleased him and before he knew it, his fingers were running the keyboard, typing furiously as words just gushed out, flooding the text editor's sheet. He seemed so absorbed, that he even forgot there was another person in his apartment, who might just be as irritated as he was.

It was quite late before she stood, moving to the door of his study. Although the beat of the music still throbbed loudly, she could still hear the slight dinging of her phone receiving another text message. Frowning, she pushed it into her pocket before turning her attention back to Detrian. "Would you mind turning that down or something?" she asked suddenly, her voice crisp and stern. "Some of us have to sleep."

Surprisingly, even through all that music, Detrian heard her loud and clear. That surprised even him to the point that he actually raised his eyes to meet her's.
    "...Some of us don't," he replied coldly, but nevertheless, he lowered the volume down. A little. "Are you retiring already?" He asked, but the tone of his voice spoke clearly, that he was still not in the best of moods.
    "By the way, who was the guy that approached you at the bar earlier today?" he asked out of the blue. Detrian had a hunch, but he wanted to hear it from her.

"I would like to try and get a nap sometime soon," she replied, leaning slightly against the doorframe. "Just in case you had things to do tomorrow..." At the latter question, she paused, idly tucking a stray strand of hair back up into the bun. While she certainly wasn't eager to discuss the intricacies of her relationship at all, let alone with a vampire, she supposed some sort of answer might be polite. "And he... we were dating for a while, and now he's not too happy with me about anything."

Well, after what happened tonight at the club, he had high doubts he'd be able to leave his apartment even if he wanted to. There were certain people who would do anything to make sure he stayed quietly and 'out of harm's way'. However annoying that was.

"...Anything? What do you mean by anything?" he asked. "Do you mean the fact that you work as someone's bodyguard? Or the fact that that someone is a male vampire?" Detrian tilted his head to the side, seemingly without any real intention to drop the subject soon.

"Well," she said sharply, "partially the vampire thing in general, but more recently, the fact that someone felt the need to drape himself over me and call me nicknames that I'm not really alright with even him using. He's always been rather sensitive about that sort of thing, you'll understand." After a short pause, Isabel added, "And really, it is none of your business. Did you have plans for tomorrow?"

"Drape himself..." Detrian repeated and chuckled. She didn't seem to be that badly opposed to that, though.
    "No, we'll be staying in," the man replied and turned back to the computer screen. "You can go and have some rest. I would like to see my bodyguard in her best shape after all," he grinned without looking at her. Isabel was thorny and seemed stubborn. No wonder her boyfriend is having a hard time with a woman like that. 'This situation would fit perfectly with Sally...' At that thought, his fingers began to swiftly run through the keyboard and the troublesome inmate Isabel was already out of his thoughts.

"That's good to know- do wake me if anything happens," she replied quietly. His sudden burst of typing rather surprised her, so despite her yearning to get some sleep, she stepped into the room, rather curious. She was certain it wasn't anything sinister, but it was always good to check. "What are you writing there?" she continued quietly, staying far enough away to let him know she wasn't watching over his shoulder.

"Working," the man corrected her and pointed backwards over the shoulder with his thumb. Behind him, throughout the wall, spanned rows of shelves, that were brimming with all kinds of books. The ones directly behind him, judging by the summaries at the back of the cover, were all erotic novels, and the author of those novels was... Detrian Hart. Some of those books were quite well known and received, but of course, you had to be into those kinds of books to actually know any of his works. In this case, Detrian highly doubted, that Isabel had enough free time to immerse herself into books or erotic fantasies. At some point, he found that regretful, because she did seem to be in need of letting out some steam.

"I don't mind if you want to take one for reading," he smirked.

She glanced back at the shelf, slightly surprised. "You wrote all those?" she asked him, raising an eyebrow. She had assumed he was just independently wealthy or something like that, as vampires often seemed to be, but having a source of income did make sense. "Well," she continued, taking one off the shelf, "I suppose I might as well-" As she scanned the plot summary, such as it was, her cheeks turned an uncustomary shade of scarlet. Without another word, she slid the book back into place. "Well then. Good night."

"What? Not into reading?" he asked as she headed out. "Well, good night then," he grinned once more and lowered his eyes at the monitor once more. Five minutes later, he turned down the music even more.

-----------

The next morning found Detrian resting in his chair near the still turned on computer. The music was still playing, but on a very low volume. The vampire awoke at the very first rays of light stat slowly started flooding the room. Groaning, he stood up and went to close the blinds. As he did so, Detrian casually glanced outside through the window.
    "Shit..." he cursed silently and rushed to wash his face. This was going to be one hell of a morning.

About fifteen minutes later, there the sound of a doorbell rang through the apartment. Reluctantly, Detrian went to answer the door.
    "Good morning,.." he said as a an older vampire strode right past him, allowing himself into the apartment. "...uncle." Detrian finished his sentence and closed the door behind him.

As was her custom, Isabel slept in her clothes- while she was fairly certain that nothing would happen in the morning that required urgent action, it was always good to prepare for the worst. Sure enough, the doorbell woke her from her light sleep rather early in the morning. In a second, she was sitting upright, her blankets on the floor. While the bun had fallen out of her hair, she looked relatively well put-together for having just rolled out of bed. Cautiously, she opened her door to peer down the hall and see who had arrived. Recognizing the older gentleman who had hired her on full-time, she relaxed,stepping into view. "Good morning," she echoed, nodding cordially.

The man gave Isabel an once over then nodded in a greeting before turning towards Detrian.
    "I wish I could say the same," he spoke in a grim tone. "Detrian, I thought we've went through this enough times for you to remember. But apparently, I must remind you once more - do not get yourself in trouble, do not mingle carelessly..."
    "It's not my fault!" Detrian interrupted the elderly vampire. "Do you imagine I run around with a notice plastered on by back or something?"
    "It would be so much easier if you just remained in the main house and let us keep you safe!"
    "More like 'imprisoned'," Detrian scoffed and looked away from his uncle.
    "Don't be so dramatic Detrian!" the man raised his voice and his brow furrowed. "Miss Price," he suddenly turned to Isabel. "My apologies, Detrian must be a hand-full to handle. I give you full authority to restrain his movements if you see it fit, but do not allow him to get in harm's way. You are being payed for that..."
    "Uncle, that's enough," the younger vampire growled. "I understand your concern, but you cannot contain me forever. Now... I think you've overstayed your welcome."
    The elderly vampire didn't argue anymore. He just decided to leave... For now.

After seeing the man off, Dertian returned to the living room and plopped on the couch. A heavy air surrounded him.
    "I'll be going out this evening," he spoke loud enough for Isabel to hear.

She had been watching the conversation rather awkwardly- after all, it wasn't really her place to pop in and make suggestions, seeing as she hadn't even really heard too much about what they were up against.

After Detrian's uncle had left, Isabel headed to the doorway of the living room. Leaning against the wall, she crossed her arms, frowning sternly. "Oh, are you?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow. "And where do you plan on going?"

"Out," he repeated, obviously without seeing any need to explain himself to her. "Will there be a problem?" Detrian asked raising his head some. After all, his uncle practically allowed her to keep him under house arrest. Not that he couldn't handle her if he needed to, but that would needlessly burden both of them.

"There could be," she told him simply. "Seeing as there are enough people out there who want to get you killed. I'm willing to be reasonable about this if you are, but I'm sure you're aware that there's hardly room for you to be needlessly difficult." Sighing sightly, she kept a watchful eye on him, just in case he decided to try anything.

"So are you saying it would be better if I just sat here obediently, like my uncle asks?" Detrian's eyebrows furrowed and he crossed his arms, while leaning back on the couch.
    "...I would be willing to consider that, but then you'll have to do something for me," he said with a little irritated grin tugging at his lips. "Bring me a woman," he said. "If you agree and can do that, I'm willing to stay put at least for the time being."

"Well, if you need-" she began before stopping to consider the request. "A woman? What on earth would you want with a woman, and how would I bring one here?" She was rather taken aback at the odd suggestion, although his compliance would make this whole situation a lot easier.

"What for? Research and dinner, of course," he replied with a smirk, revealing his fangs, that now were a slightly bit elongated. He was beginning to feel thirst and it would be good to quench it as soon as possible. "They make quite good material for my books, but if you cannot get one... I guess we can't have a deal," he shrugged, but then his eyes widened for a moment, before gaining a mischievous glint.
    "Unless... You want to give me a hand in the matter?" he suggested while wearing a wolfish expression.

Isabel straightened instinctively as he smiled- although she knew logically that it probably wouldn't come down to a fight, she had a lot of old instincts to try and suppress. "You want me to..." she began quietly, rather disbelieving. "You...You must be joking." The final conclusion didn't sound too convinced, but was a desperate attempt to get him to reconsider.

"Which part of my proposal sounded like a joke to you?" Detrian frowned, crossing his arms on his chest. "You either arrange me someone or help me yourself, otherwise I need to go out and it would be in your best interest not to try and stop me," he growled then stood up. He was trying to be reasonable as much as possible. Now it was her turn to pick one of the solutions he offered. "You'll find me in the study. Please make a decision before 6PM," he said as he passed her and went to his study where shortly after, the sound of keyboard buttons echoed.

Isabel paused, glancing briefly down at the study before going to make herself breakfast. As she ate, the sound of her phone's insistent dinging could be heard down the hall. After breakfast, she cleaned up before checking on the phone. It took a short while before she appeared in the doorway of his study, looking more tired than anything else. "Does it absolutely have to be a woman?" she asked hm quietly.

"Does it absolutely have to be a woman?"

Detrian raised his head at her and stared for a moment.
    "Yes, it must be a woman," he lied with a straight face. There was really no difference what gender the blood belonged to, but he would sooner be lost in blood lust, than cozy up to a man to get his blood. With women it was so much easier, you charm them, maybe please them and they come to you. In the midst of pleasure they wouldn't even notice him drink their blood. With men, on the other hand, more drastic measures would have to be taken.
    "Or are you saying, Ms. Price, that someone like you can't bring herself to fetch ... a hostess? Of course, I'd provide the funds necessary," he assured her and then noticed the tired expression she wore.
    "Is something else the matter? ... Something to do with that persistent call?" he asked having clearly heard the ringing a while back.