Login to your account

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bite Me

Humble Farmer With a Sword rustysteelsyringe's Avatar
    "Don't!" she called, just a second late as the door closed. Sighing, she hurried out of her room after him, allowing her hair to remain in its frizzy state. She had allowed herself to turn her phone off and take a few naps over the course of the afternoon. Due to her lifestyle, she had become accustomed to odd sleeping and waking hours, but it was still a bit of an adjustment to go from attempting to sleep to rushing out the door. Quickly, she grabbed her bag and pulled on her boots before closing the door firmly behind her. While she had to take the stairs two at a time, she made it to his side before a cab pulled up. "You could have at least warned me," she chided sternly, looking up at him. As she spoke, her phone dinged yet again from her pocket.

Isabel made it in just a nick of time, making Detrian grin to himself as he strode towards the cab.
    "I was fairly sure you would keep up..." it is your job, after all, but he didn't manage to speak those words. The woman's phone rang effectively interrupting the man. Despite that, he did not stop moving and got into the cab first. Detrian waited a bit till Isabel got in and his ears caught a voice of a man, coming from the other end of the phone. He briefly wondered who was calling, but it didn't seem like it was the agency she belonged to.
    "To the X-street park, please," he asked the driver in a much louder voice than it was necessary.

She kept her voice rather hushed so as not to disturb his directions. "Steve," she began, sounding rather aggravated. "I know. Don't be like that... Mmhmm. I know, but I'm working. You can do the show without me there... no, you won't pass out, that's ridiculous... Yes. You can do it alone. Now, if you'll excuse me... yes. I need to go. You'll do great or something. Bye." Sighing, she shook her head, sliding her phone back in her pocket. She glanced apologetically over at Detrian. "Sorry about that- he probably won't call back any more," she offered, doing up her seat belt briskly.

"Steve, huh?" Detrian spoke the moment she hung up. "Your boyfriend?" he asked, leaning his elbow along the window. His eyes were fixed on her, waiting for the words to spill.
    "He seems in a pinch?" he shot blindly, guessing what could have been the problem.
    The vehicle made its way through the sea of cars at a slow pace, so they had plenty of time to chat about anything they wanted.

She sighed. "Sort of, I think. I haven't had time to break up with him, and he'd have nowhere to go if I kicked him out. His band is doing a show tonight, and he wants me to be there and support him- doesn't quite get the concept of working." Isabel glanced at the vampire briefly, slightly surprised. "Nothing too interesting, I'm sure, though."

"A concert, huh?" Detrian fell silent for a moment. A concert. That might not be too bad of a place and he could also get plenty of shots. "When does it start?" he asked despite her doubting about the event. The man was sure he could wrap up quickly at the park.

A few minutes later, the cab pulled to a stop and Detrian got our quickly after paying the driver. The wind had picked up towards the evening, but the weather was still pleasant and not too cold. Without staling too much, Detrian took out his camera and fiddled some with the settings. A couple of beeps later, he was done and turned to Isabel.
    "Go first," the vampire's request sounded almost like an order as he motioned her towards the park. Even though it was evening, the place was still rather populated with couples and singles, young and old alike.
    Last edited by xD3siR3x; 08-02-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Isabel didn't need him to tell her, as she was already ahead of him a good bit. There were more people in the park than she had expected to see, which posed a problem both for spotting potential threats and concealing any confrontation from the public. Carefully, she glanced around, searching for anyone who looked as though they could be a danger- anyone with sunglasses, anyone watching them, other unusual folk. Seeing none that were being too obvious, she glanced over her shoulder at Detrian, trying to relax just a bit.

Detrian followed suit after the woman fiddling with the camera and stopping to take pictures or trees, flowers, ponds, people and wildlife. His huge dark frame was head turning from time to time, yet he ignored all the attention be it good or bad. The man took shots where he wanted and when he wanted, resulting in some weird and interesting angles. Still, even while seeming so preoccupied, he always had Isabel in his view, for both, security reasons and because she made a suitable target for his photo shots. Of course, he did that without drawing her attention, he needed natural shots, thats one thing and he kinda had this feeling she wouldn't be too happy about him taking pictures of her.

"Should I take it that you have no desire to visit your friend's concert?" he asked pointing out the fact, that she never mentioned where or when it's gonna happen. Not that he minded much, but he did feel like grabbing a drink or two before heading home... or a snack, while he was at it.

"Hm? Oh, uh, no, not really," she replied, glancing briefly over at him. Admittedly, she did feel a tad bit guilty for missing it, but Steve had to learn sometime that work had to take precedence. "I mean, he's expecting me, but he knows I'm working, so it's likely to not be a massive problem for him." Carefully, she looked back at the oldman seated on the bench that she had been watching- he didn't seem too dangerous, however.

"If you say so..." he dropped the topic and focused his attention on all the models his surroundings provided. Still, that didn't change the fact that he was becoming hungry. Not at dangerous levels, but better safe than sorry, especially since he's not alone anymore...
    Detrian paused and lowered his camera. Was he worried about hurting a human? No, he wasn't worried enough, some of his acquaintances would say. Humans and vampires lived on a very fragile truce and Detrian had no idea how his uncle even managed to hire one. Then again... He had a hunch.

The man took another hour before informing Isabel of a location switch. Their next destination was a club a couple of blocks away to which Detrian decided to go on foot.

She glanced over, still rather on edge, despite herself. So far, nobody in the park had attacked either of them, but you never know... Shaking her head, she approached him as he began his swift exit from the park- his height ensured a significantly faster walking speed than she was used to. "Where are we going?" she asked him quietly as she established a steady pace beside him, glancing briefly up at him. She hadn't been paying too much attention to what he had been doing, since everyone else was more what she was watching out for.

"A nearby club," he replied, not really looking back, his camera, however was resting for the time being. The walk took about ten to fifteen minutes, after which they noticed a small group of young people gathering around to get into a club. Datrian's pace dropped and his nose twitched for a split second.

"Let's go in," he said, motioning towards the club with bright letters above the entrance, reading "Ciar". Faint sounds of music seeped through, occasionally getting louder once the door opened to let someone in or out. The two managed to get in quite quickly and without much trouble, unlike a few teens, that tried to smuggle some liqueur into the club. Once inside, they had to go down a spiral set of stairs, with each step the music becoming louder and beats stronger. At the bottom, they almost ran in into a sea of young hot bodies dancing to the music of performers.
    "Seems to be a concert of sorts..." the man mused and turned towards the bar.

Isabel seemed rather uneasy as he led her inside and down the steps- if they needed to leave in a hurry, it might be a bit of an issue, and a large crowd in a dark room would make it hard to see any sort of attacker. Even putting the basic safety concerns aside, there was something about the music itself, a loud, pounding rock song, that rather put her off. As they reached the club itself and she got a look around, she finally remembered why the name had sounded familiar. "Detrian?" she began, trying to make her voice heard over the music. He was already cutting his way through the crowd, however. Grimacing, she cast one last glance at Steve, who seemed to be absorbed enough in singing to have not noticed her, before starting swiftly off after the vampire.

Even though the music was near deafening, Detrian looked back at the woman when she called out for him. She didn't seem to pleased with this place and overly concerned for some reason. Turning back some, he grabbed her by the hand and dragged the woman towards the bar.
    "You need to relax a bit," he spoke and ordered some drinks for both of them. "Are you always such a worrywart?" the man asked as he leaned back against the counter. This was a pretty nice spot, allowing him the view of most of the crowd... even though that was mainly thanks to his height. This could be both an advantage and a disadvantage, but it seems that tonight he was lucky. His tall and strong build was quite attractive for the opposite sex.

"Just when we're in a room crowded with people who might want to kill you," she muttered, looking up at him. She wasn't quite as blessed with height as he was, and could barely see over the heads of the crowd to the stage. "You need to be more careful, alright?" Carefully, she accepted the offered glass, looking at it suspiciously. One could never be too cautious, even when you weren't trying to protect a vampire who just happened to be one of the most visible people in the room. "Plus I know one of the guys in the band, and I wasn't expecting to see him tonight."

"A guy in the band?" Detrian asked with a raised eyebrow. She didn't strike him as someone who would get involved with a man like that. 'Didn't expect or didn't want to see him?' he wondered to himself before taking the drink from the bartender and emptying the thumb in one go.
    "Why don't you try to enjoy yourself for a change? Go out there and have fun, 'cuz I know that's exactly what I'm going to do," he grinned mischievously and stepped into the crowd before Isabel even had a chance to try and stop him. It didn't take the vampire long to start hitting on one of the lose looking women in the lot while dancing to the loud, strong beats.

Isabel frowned sternly, turning slightly to put the untouched drink back on the bar- she certainly wasn't planning on drinking it. "Detrian, it's not that easy, I'm trying to-" she began, then broke off as she turned back towards him to see he had already managed to disappear into the crowd. Quietly, she swore under her breath, her eyes searching the crowd for the vampire as she tried to cut through the throng of dancing people.

Detrian danced without a care in the world, it seemed and that only made him look all the more attractive to the 'ladies'. While he was busy chatting them up and asking them to dance, the band on the stage changed and for a little while the loud beats were replaced by loud chattering instead as people anticipated the next band. The vampire saw quite well, that Isabel was trying to get towards him, but luckily, the crowd made it so much harder for her.
    A few moments later, a new band took the stage and a small group formed near the backstage entrance. Apparently, some members from the previous band came out. Probably for some drinks.

At least he was tall, so she could catch glimpses of where he had run off to. Awkwardly, she tried to squeeze her way through the packed crowd in his general direction. "Excuse me- ah, pardon me, I'm just going to- I'll just get past you there, if you don't mind-" she asked people as she moved through the crowd, her voice barely audible over the pounding beat of the final song of the set. Luckily, it wasn't too long before the song ended, and people began to disperse to chat, meet their friends, and refill drinks. Straightening, she approached Detrian, a stern frown on her face. "Listen, I don't know what you're playing at, but..." she began.

"Izzy, you made it!" She winced as Steve spotted her, waving happily. Although she tried to duck behind Detrian, he was already closing the gap between them.

For his surprise, Isabel made it through the crowd much faster than he anticipated. Hearing her voice starting to nag at him, Detrian raised his eyebrows and the girl beside him frowned and decided to leave, "Next time come without your girlfriend," the woman huffed. Sighing heavily and with a hint of irritation, he turned to Isabel. Still, he did not make an attempt to go after the woman.
    "But what?.." he half growled when a male voice suddenly called out to the woman. Just casting a glance at him, the vampire quickly identified him as the guy who was just on stage a few minutes ago. What would he want with his bodyguard? Isabel's reaction though, didn't please him.
    "Someone you know?" Detrian asked simply, while putting his forearm on Isabel's shoulder, leaning on her that way.

She was already trying to back away slightly, but the vampire leaning on her shoulder prevented her from retreating effectively. Inwardly cursing, she shot a quick glare at Detrian before turning her attention to Steve, who was easily making his way towards them. He seemed oddly thrilled to see Isabel there.

"Izzy, hi!" he continued enthusiastically, grinning widely. "I thought you weren't coming!"
    Isabel seemed less than amused, frowning at him. "Neither did I, but he wanted to," she muttered, shaking her head. "We should probably be going."
    He paused, then seemed to notice Detrian for the first time. "Wait, who's this guy?"

"Going?" Detrian almost groaned. "But I haven't got my fill yet..." his tone was suggestive and said in a least innocent way, right near Isabel's ear. He was teasing, of course, both, Isabel and that man who seemed ecstatic to actually see her there.
    "I'm Detrian Hart," the vampire introduced himself now supporting all of his weight himself and allowing Isabel the freedom to move. "And you are...?" he trailed, waiting for the guy to introduce himself as well.

The singer did not seem thrilled by this development. "Steve. You probably saw me up there," he said, eyeing the vampire suspiciously as though certain he would grab Isabel and run off into the night. "How do you know Izzy?"
    "Steve, it's fine," she said quietly, her eyes glinting in teh dim light as she looked sternly up at Detrian. "I know him from work, and-"
    "Oh, that makes it alright, does it?" he asked, his voice rather sharp. "One of the guys from work, hm? All black trench coats and sunglasses and thinking they are so cool because they run around-" he lowered his voice to a sharp hiss- "killing vampires for a living? You didn't have to bring him here, you know."
    "It's really not-" she began, sounding rather exasperated, before shaking her head. "Look, we'll talk about it later, alright?"

Great. Detrian now felt disapproving glances from both, the singer and his bodyguard. Unfortunately for them, it just amused him. Especially the part where Steve so carefully mentioned the vampire killing part.
    "I'm afraid you've made a mistake," he smiled, suddenly revealing a hint of fangs. "She is the crazy one running around killing innocent beings," he stated in a manner that seemed wrong just because of how casual he made it sound. "And she didn't bring me here. I came on my own. She just... followed," again, he added it in a way that would imply anything, but a simple task related to Isabel's line of work. And since the woman didn't seem to want to stick with the guy any longer, Detrian turned, as if wanting to leave.
    "See you around, Steve," he said and moved ever so lightly behind Isabel, as if he was about to hug her. "Come with me, Izzy," as he spoke those words, his eyes were fixated on Steve's, gauging the impact his lover's name coming from another man's lips had on the man. The guess, that Steve and Isabel were lovers came mostly from a faint scent coming from that man. Isabel didn't have his smell though, which made Detrian wonder if Steve had something belonging to the woman.

The use of the nickname had a visible effect on Steve, his expression darkening. There was a brief moment, in which he attempted to decide whether to run and hide from the newly-revealed vampire or punch Detrian in the face. During that instant, Isabel pulled away from Detrian, sighing. "Steve, it really isn't..." she began, looking more exasperated than anything else.

"Izzy, I'm not stupid," he replied sharply as he started to step back from them. "I'm just... I'm going to go home, you two can stay and keep having fun." With that, he turned on his heel, stalking towards the exit.

She shook her head, but made no real move to follow him out. After another pause, she told Detrian, her voice flat, "Don't call me Izzy."

"Don't call me Izzy."

Detrian didn't respond, just shrugged with little care in his demeanor. "You sure you don't want to follow him?" he asked more out of curiosity, that anything else. No matter how entertained he was by this small scene, he had other things to do, than to actually be concerned for a vampire slayer and her partner. "Now if you have no more business with me..." he seemed to have said something more, but the newly arrived band and revived crowd drowned out his voice.

A few minutes later Detrian could be seen going to a little bit more deserted part of the club, with a woman on his arm. The woman was apparently lightly intoxicated, smiling and giggling to whatever the man said. What they didn't notice though, was a couple shadows following them. Once they were far enough from the public eye, the two jumped on Detrian, scaring the woman away.

The crowd allowed him to get out of sight quickly as the main attraction took the stage. "Detrian, don't-" she began before he easily slipped away.

The two young men almost swarmed onto him, their trench coats flapping in the wind. One stepped in front of him, while the other hurried to his back. ""Let's go somewhere a bit more quiet," the man in front of him hissed, watching Detrian cautiously.

Detrian sighed heavily. How many more times do people have to disrupt his plans? It was getting seriously annoying. But he knew better than to make a scene in a public place, so when the guys offered to move to a more quiet place, the vampire just nodded. As a small group, they went through the back exit, that lead to the alley behind the building.

"So, how may I help you, gentlemen?" he growled, obviously pissed off.
    "Calm down," one of the men spoke. "If you behave, we'll make it quick and painless. We do have our orders to keep you alive, though..."
    Detrian frowned. 'Orders? Alive? You must be joking!' Just as the men approached to restrain him, Detrian punched one in the stomach, making the man stagger and back off for a bit. "Sorry, guys, but I have no intention of going with you," he hissed.

"You bastard!" one of the men took out a gun and fired. Luckily, the bullet only grazed the surface of the vampire's skin, but it was already damage. Detrian quickly covered his wound and started to retreat. Damn, this wasn't good, the man he had previously punched was soon going to come to as well.

Back at the club, word was already slowly spreading about someone fighting in the back alley.

The murmurs were easily spreading through the club, despite the pounding music. Most people seemed rather unaffected, assuming it was just a small fistfight, but the news did cause Isabel to look up from the glass of wine she had allowed some guy for her. It took her a few seconds to decide whether or not to investigate- Detrian did appear to have left the building, though, and she assumed he would probably be in the center of any trouble in the area. In one long swig, she drained the cheap chardonnay before handing it to her new conversational partner. "Sorry," she called over the blaring guitar to the rather surprised man as she began to extricate herself from the crowd, "time of the month, got to go!" A blatant lie, but one she had never been questioned on.

Carefully, she slipped towards the exit, pulling her identification card out of her pocket. The sudden crack of the gunshot startled her, but only caused her to stop for a second before pushing the door open. "What's going on here, then?" she asked sternly, her demeanour resembling that of a rather stern teacher.

Isabel's voice rang loud and clear through the alley. Detrian shot his eyes up at her and smirked.
    "Some of your friends have come to play," he said slowly standing up straight. The wound he suffered just a minute ago, was already starting to heal, but it still stung bad.

"Tch!" the attackers were obviously not to happy at the sight of the woman and one of them turned to her. "Run along, lady, this does not concern you!" he said menacingly taking a step towards Isabel in an attempt to startle her. The other man, however, still had his gun pointed at Detrian.