Login to your account

Thread: Hi?

Nameless NPC

Hi?

So yeah, even though I completely suck at creating good first impressions, here am I. Hello, everyone! *pleasedontbitemepleasedontbiteme*
    Well, for starters, you should probably know I'm a female, so approach me with caution! Age? Tender nineteen. Roleplaying related stuff? Everything about me screams newbie - which is only fair, since I AM one - but I've been roleplaying for quite some time. I don't know for sure, circa 4 - 5 years? The amount of time I spent writing posts is actually kinda terrifying... On the other hand, what can you expect from hopeless dreamer and nerd.
    Yes, I'm the kind of girl who likes to indulge in ridicuously thick books (mainly dark fantasy) and chatter about modern weaponry. Even from that short characteristic, you can probably guess my roleplaying preferences. Give me dark/urban fantasy, intrigue or horror and I'll hug you to death. I like to think about plots and develop my characters a lot; there's just nothing better than watch them grow. Oh, and when it comes to characters, I get great fun from playing various quirky wackos, mainly for comedic purposes. I mean, this is the internet. I don't have to restrict myself to being normal, right?
    As probably every girl, romance is my weak point, but I don't desire some light-hearted fluff. There's just no suspense in slice-of-life highschool love stories. Come on, the greatest stories in the history of human literature are ALWAYS about love, and yet, that didn't stop them from having an epic storyline. It's kind of sad that in most roleplaying communities I visit, every love story is "boy meets girl in a school, they look longingly at each other and suddenly, KABOOM, it's love at first sight." How boring is THAT?!
    Oh, and one other thing about me. Sadly, English is not my first language, which means I'm still struggling with it a little. Sure, it's a friendly struggle as I love this flowery speech, yet I am not immune to making mistakes. (Especially in placing the commas. This is something I actually angst about a lot, being an insufferable grammar nazi in my native language ) So, sorry in advance if my grammar bothers you. I can feel your pain.

But enough of my one-sided chitchat. Hello again, fellow roleplayers!

Welcome! Not sure I have the right to say that since I'm new here as well, but, whatever. (:

Namely writing this reply so that I could say: are you kidding me? I'm a professional translator, and your English is better than mine. Seriously. Just saying.
    Every man is evil, yes, every man's a liar
    An unashamed with a wicked tongue sing in the Black Soul Choir

Nameless NPC
    Thank you, both for welcoming me and the compliment
    I AM aware my English isn't horrible (wouldn't join an English forum otherwise ), it's just that I am a horrible perfectionist about everything language-related and almost all my experiences come from passive use of it, ie. reading books in original. Reading and writing are two really different things and I guess I'm not so sure about myself yet?
    Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement.