Login to your account

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Bot Issue and Banned Accounts

Recent Bot Issue and Banned Accounts

Recently, WTFRPG has experiences a huge influx of bots on the site. The staff of WTF have been working to combat the issue. However, in the staffs attempts to ban bot accounts some legitimate users may have been caught in the fray.

The staff ask now that all users with zero posts (or fewer than 5) to please make an effort to get 5 or more posts out on the forum. This will help the staff in distinguishing users from lingering bot accounts.

In addition staff ask that friends of banned users take the time to post here if their friends accounts have been affected. Please provide the affected accounts username so staff can lift any ban placed on the accounts.

The staff thank all users for the time and efforts in helping us through this by reporting bot spam.

Alternate Contacts

Moderator Strude
    strude.roleplay@gmail.com
    charlesrileytucker (skype)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Strude; 04-06-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    Please do not send this account PMs/etc. It is not monitored daily by staff and does not accept PMs/etc.

One of my friends was affected by this. Her username is: Cherry Blossom

Humble Farmer With a Sword AugustFireLeo's Avatar
    I think we just found one. -^

Oi, these bastards are getting bold, aren't they?

"Engaging."

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar

who needs loans when you have swag

#yolo

"Engaging."

Somewhat intelligent, though. The bot has 5 posts, now.
    YOUU!

STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP---

shhhhhhh......

can you hear them?

the voices?

the voices of the characters you've killed?

ill tell you a secret...

THEY WHISPER TO ME

they sow me beautiful seedlings of stories whispering leaves across asphalt blank as snow fallen in---

SHHHHH!--

LISTEN!....

Thankfully, the spam registrations are slowing down and we aren't getting as many advertising posts as last week. Just keep letting us know if any legitimate users are experiencing problems and we'll reverse the bans as soon as possible.

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    My friend, -NewHorizons

Ban lifted! Be sure that they get those posts in so this doesn't happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Steelygreye, I think. Would they get an alert that their account is active again?
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

Sorry for bothering you; I wasn't sure, but thanks for checking.
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Mikuo-sama

Silly bot, roleplays are for humans. :V

"Engaging."

Here is a bot: http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/member.p...03-Arridstoorp
    Is there a thread for reporting them?
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    I agree with Kriemedean, the same one got into my writing thread...

You can report posts by clicking on the small triangle icon in the bottom left corner of any offending posts and we will get a notification!

TY!
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Humble Farmer With a Sword Zaiferz's Avatar
    So my friend Sevvus ) was banned as well as my friend ( Bridgetabee ) who I was showing the site just now got banned. She had literally just made the account.
    (maybe you can ban them after a day so real people actually have time to make post's?)
    What was that? My axe is for your face? Oh, I already knew that!
    ____-------__________----
    New favorite quote...
    If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.
    ― Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me

Not sure how Knerd has been handling that, but I'll get right on adding them back to the site! Apologies!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

The two should be all set now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiferz View Post
    (maybe you can ban them after a day so real people actually have time to make post's?)
    Unfortunately, it's a Catch-22. Waiting any significant length of time after a spam account registers means that the forums will be flooded with ads. We've seen quite a lot posted this week and it's not only annoying, but very frustrating and upsetting. I'd like to prevent that spam as much as possible, but the only way to do so is to nip it in the bud. This means frequently banning any new suspicious accounts that sign up throughout the day. To let them sit around is to give them ample time to post everywhere.

The staff is doing our best to prevent legitimate users from getting caught up in the bannings, but some people will always slip through. It's absolutely not intended, so we'll try to quickly reverse any accidental ban that takes place!

I will say that all of you guys have been awesome while putting up with this spam attack. It's been a stressful few weeks, but everyone has banded together to report the spam ads and help new users get un-banned. Trust me, all that energy hasn't gone unnoticed! <3

There is a bot posting on this now. XD
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Humble Farmer With a Sword
    I know of two:
    Wbcommanda
    And
    madisynkaylee11

I'm afraid that there aren't any accounts that currently use those usernames. Did your friends finish the registration process? It looks like they can come back and complete the registration in order to get their accounts.

Hey! I managed to make an account without incident - after prompting from a friend whose account was blocked within minutes of her making it. She told me about this site in the first place, and I've been meaning to make an account, and she told me that she needed a member to write here that she was actually not a bot... So I figured I'd give it a shot (if my account's still active by the time I post this!)

Her username was Jezabela, if you could maybe have a look at that? Thank you! Good luck with the bot nightmare!
    We were never tragedies; we were emergencies. Call 911, tell them I'm having a fantastic time.

Should be all set now! Hopefully we'll see both your friends around the forums soon.

Background NPC
    Thanks for liting my ban.

Quote Originally Posted by -NewHorizons View Post
    Thanks for liting my ban.
    Sorry about that, definitely not intentional

cheap dissertation methodology writers sites us

order rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriters for hire for university cheap speech ghostwriter for hire gb order poetry creative writing cheap assignment writer services for school best cheap essay proofreading services us cheap thesis proposal editor site au buy research paper writer sites au buy thesis writing services online order dissertation proposal writer sites for masters buy thesis proposal ghostwriting service uk write me esl curriculum vitae online order dissertation methodology ghostwriting site gb do my best annotated bibliography online buy personal statement ghostwriters websites au cheap thesis ghostwriter site ca professional buy essay writers sites popular paper writer for hire online cheap critical thinking ghostwriters services uk order dissertation abstract writer sites for masters pay to write best cheap essay on hillary clinton buy mba dissertation introduction ideas popular descriptive essay proofreading sites online order thesis ghostwriting for hire online buy university admission paper examples buy argumentative essay editor website buy school article review topic order biography ghostwriter service best creative essay ghostwriters site online order dissertation chapter proofreading service for phd pay to get buy phd essay on donald trump cheap assignment editor sites usa top buy essay editor website us buy presentation proofreading service uk cheap rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriter sites for masters order best essay ghostwriter for hire for mba buy analysis essay editing services for college cheap letter editor sites for college dissertation hypothesis writer service online best buy essay ghostwriters service for masters best papers ghostwriting sites online buy bibliography writer for hire for phd buy course work editing service ca buy speech writing for hire for masters order esl content online cheap reflective essay writer websites for masters order custom essay ghostwriters services uk order phd essay editing website online pay for my order critical essay on lincoln order bibliography writing sites for college cheap personal essay writing websites for mba order expository essay writers website uk order dissertation ghostwriting websites au cheap dissertation introduction writer for hire gb order course work ghostwriters websites uk order dissertation introduction writer for hire au cheap descriptive essay proofreading sites pay to do order essay on civil war buy dissertation abstract ghostwriter for hire professional critical essay writing sites online cheap dissertation methodology writer site us cheap movie review editor for hire for mba buy masters creative writing example buy economics thesis top critical analysis essay writing service online pay to write buy creative essay on hillary clinton order critical essay ghostwriter site for mba buy term paper writers website gb pay to do buy rhetorical analysis essay on donald trump

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

order geometry creative writing esl buy essay editing site online order thesis statement ghostwriter service au cheap article editor sites online cheap university school essay example cheap expository essay writers sites for college buy best creative essay on brexit write my professional definition essay online order thesis proposal proofreading websites for phd buy report ghostwriters service uk order esl admission essay order biography writing website order report editing sites for mba top homework writers service online order bibliography writers service buy school scholarship essay help order writer sites for university professional bibliography writing site online help me write order critical analysis essay on brexit buy school essay editing websites online cheap course work ghostwriter website for phd order school essay ghostwriters services for university cheap argumentative essay ghostwriters website ca cheap cheap essay proofreading service uk buy essay editing services for masters cheap dissertation methodology editing websites au cheap report editing websites usa buy masters essay writing sites gb professional rhetorical analysis essay writers services online order scholarship essay on hillary professional buy essay proofreading site for college order dissertation abstract ghostwriting service ca buy essays ghostwriter sites for masters cheap custom essay writers for hire gb cheap essay writing sites gb order cover letter ghostwriters website online order article review ghostwriting services for college order dissertation proposal editing services uk buy curriculum vitae editing service au order critical thinking ghostwriters websites usa cheap argumentative essay writers for hire for university cheap dissertation proposal ghostwriters websites cheap literature review writers websites buy admission paper editing service usa cheap descriptive essay proofreading sites for masters buy mba cover letter samples custom custom essay ghostwriter site online write me order university essay on founding fathers top dissertation ghostwriter services online buy article review writers websites for school order presentation ghostwriter websites uk order analysis essay ghostwriters for hire uk order university essay ghostwriting services for masters custom content writing website online order ghostwriters for hire for college buy scholarship essay on brexit pay for cheap cheap essay on hillary buy presentation ghostwriters website usa buy thesis editing site order application letter ghostwriter service for masters cheap case study writing services for phd pay for buy descriptive essay on pokemon go order dissertation introduction proofreading site usa cheap mba essay editor for hire us help with my buy phd essay buy buy scholarship essay on hillary top order essay ghostwriter services us buy critical thinking writers services for school cheap mba cv examples buy letter ghostwriter websites ca order persuasive essay writer websites uk help with my order critical essay on founding fathers cheap dissertation abstract writers service for college buy government blog post buy reflective essay ghostwriters sites for college buy admission essay writing websites online creative writing writer websites online custom thesis editing sites online cheap dissertation results writers services buy creative essay proofreading sites ca

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

buy scholarship essay ghostwriter websites ca esl personal essay ghostwriters for hire online write my top buy essay on hacking order speech ghostwriters site for mba popular mba cheap essay topics order persuasive essay ghostwriters for hire for masters order bibliography editing services for phd buy speech ghostwriting sites for masters order argumentative essay writer for hire usa top creative writing ghostwriting for hire online cheap masters essay editing service gb order geometry letter order anthropology admission essay cheap custom essay ghostwriter website us cheap course work writers sites online cheap literature review writers service for school pay to do order literature review online order ghostwriters site for college order school dissertation abstract samples cheap term paper writer service usa academic proofreading for hire online buy dissertation editor websites for school cheap rhetorical analysis essay writer services au order phd definition essay examples order masters dissertation chapter examples cheap critical analysis essay writing sites usa cheap best essay ghostwriters services for masters pay for professional buy essay on brexit best buy essay proofreading site for phd buy content writing for hire ca buy university rhetorical analysis essay sample order dissertation introduction editor site for mba do my best buy essay on lincoln order homework writer website uk top admission essay ghostwriters for hire online buy custom essay editing services online cheap cv ghostwriter services for mba cheap dissertation proposal writers websites for college top phd buy essay ideas buy cover letter ghostwriters services us esl masters essay ghostwriting websites online order literature assignment buy analysis essay ghostwriter websites for college cheap application letter proofreading services ca help with buy blog buy movie review ghostwriters for hire for university buy editing for hire for phd cheap mba case study assistance order annotated bibliography ghostwriters site online write me cheap best essay on hillary clinton buy essay ghostwriters services order business plan ghostwriter websites for university buy earth science content buy thesis proposal writer service buy top critical essay on shakespeare order blog post proofreading website uk cheap thesis proposal writer website for phd order mba cv topics help with my order university essay on civil war cheap book review ghostwriter services for phd write cv online definition writing service online cheap dissertation chapter writers services for phd popular thesis proposal ghostwriter site online buy remedial math creative writing order marketing dissertation esl presentation editor websites online do my cheap critical essay on shakespeare buy course work editor services for phd top cheap essay on hacking buy business plan writing websites us best order essay editing website us help with my order college essay buy popular creative essay on pokemon go cheap personal statement writer services for university cheap school essay proofreading services for university popular essays writing sites online cheap definition essay ghostwriter website uk help with my order dissertation abstract order research proposal proofreading sites for university order poetry assignment order order essay on hillary cheap cv ghostwriting service uk buy dissertation proposal ghostwriter website au professional buy essay ghostwriter for hire usa buy dissertation hypothesis ghostwriters site for school top buy essay proofreading service gb write buy best essay online write me buy annotated bibliography type my order biography online order thesis statement ghostwriters service
    http://www.purevolume.com/cheapthesi...itingserviceca - popular home work ghostwriters services online

order university thesis proposal

buy thesis proposal ghostwriting for hire gb buy essays ghostwriter sites online order scholarship essay editor websites online cheap letter ghostwriting site for college best buy essay writer services au popular report proofreading websites online order analysis essay writers service for phd esl definition essay ghostwriter service online order blog proofreading site buy analysis essay ghostwriters sites usa cheap analysis essay proofreading website online help me write buy definition essay on usa order expository essay ghostwriter sites us order biography proofreading site for mba buy personal statement writer service for school buy analysis essay writers site online cheap dissertation chapter writing site uk buy personal statement writing sites us cheap critical thinking ghostwriters site for college buy literature review ghostwriter services for college order application letter editing services for college cheap analysis essay ghostwriting sites us order academic essay ghostwriters sites gb popular thesis ghostwriter websites online order professional best essay on usa order biography ghostwriters websites for university cheap cheap essay proofreading websites for college order research paper writing services buy school essay writer website uk order course work ghostwriter services usa buy masters speech assistance order best critical analysis essay on usa esl course work writer website online top personal statement editing for hire online buy college presentation sample popular masters essay writer website online type my cheap school essay on founding fathers esl dissertation conclusion ghostwriting websites online pay to do order rhetorical analysis essay on usa buy geology resume cheap custom essay proofreading sites usa top letter writers website online buy analysis essay writers site us popular college essay editing websites online buy speech ghostwriting sites usa order personal essay writing services gb buy mba critical essay advice cheap best essay writers website usa order presentation writing service usa professional best essay writers service online cheap problem solving writers website ca custom order essay ghostwriters site online cheap bibliography proofreading services for school cheap personal essay writing websites ca order homework editing site uk esl descriptive essay ghostwriters websites online best buy essay writer websites us order school personal statement example buy critical analysis essay editing services for university type my top blog post online popular bibliography writer sites online order thesis statement ghostwriter websites buy mba letter order dissertation results ghostwriters website ca help writing order critical essay on brexit resume ghostwriter services online professional cheap essay writers sites uk popular buy essay editor website help with my cheap school essay on shakespeare cheap bibliography writing sites gb do my order academic essay on pokemon go professional order essay writer services us cheap case study writers services custom buy essay ghostwriting websites au order content ghostwriting websites us buy buy essay writing sites for phd

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

buy essay on world affairs order critical analysis essay ghostwriters sites for college order college blog sample cheap case study ghostwriters for hire ca write me cheap best essay on civil war pay for order college essay on trump pay to do top cheap essay on pokemon go buy dissertation chapter writer sites for masters cheap academic essay writer website online custom persuasive essay writing websites online buy case study proofreading website for phd buy dissertation methodology writing sites for university cheap school essay writers services for university order masters definition essay advice professional dissertation methodology proofreading websites online buy application letter ghostwriter sites usa do my cheap cheap essay on lincoln buy mba essay writer site buy school academic essay help buy dissertation hypothesis ghostwriters service us do my order definition essay on lincoln professional analysis essay writer websites online expository essay writers services online buy dissertation hypothesis writer service for school help with my buy biography order cover letter editing service usa order scholarship essay editor sites ca do my best buy essay on brexit cheap dissertation abstract editor site for masters buy descriptive essay proofreading for hire us buy critical analysis essay writing website for college custom literature review writing site online buy mba essay editor services gb custom content editor service online cheap article ghostwriting services for mba buy presentation proofreading website ca buy analysis essay writing sites for college help me write buy argumentative essay on lincoln professional content proofreading website online best admission paper ghostwriters websites online order curriculum vitae writing site ca buy term paper writers site au order dissertation results writers site uk best cheap essay ghostwriting website online help writing cheap university essay online order mba essay ghostwriting websites order personal essay proofreading sites us order content ghostwriter for hire for school buy ghostwriter sites buy reflective essay writers site for phd help me write buy buy essay on hillary clinton order article review editor service for school order best essay editor service ca buy homework editing websites uk best essays proofreading site online buy argumentative essay writer services for phd cheap academic essay ghostwriters services usa buy dissertation methodology ghostwriters websites au best case study ghostwriting sites online best article writing sites online order term paper writing site for school buy best critical analysis essay on civil war help me write top cheap essay write order descriptive essay buy course work proofreading sites uk esl rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriters websites online buy term paper writer for hire uk help me write college essay online order geology application letter top critical analysis essay ghostwriters service online type my buy thesis statement
    http://www.purevolume.com/cheapthesi...itingserviceca - popular home work ghostwriters services online

+ Reply to Thread