Login to your account

Origin: Land of the Lost

[Finalization's in Progress] The two dominate races on the plant have been at war since the time of the Great God War, each believe that they are the sole descendants of the original people created and nurtured by their gods Ulta and Nerit.......

Tags: other worldly, spiritual, tech

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Ulta

Created: 06-30-2011, 05:58 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

On a distance plant, in a far away galaxy much like our own, its peaceful. Enormous mountain ranges covered in lush greenery over look quietly rushing waters of lakes and streams in a vast forest. The animal life live in what seems complete harmony...but not all is what it seems. Two powerful races living on different continents separated by a deep blue ocean are about to rage war.

Survivors of Sythril-
A people remarked for their technology and advancement in Herbalism.

The Renegades of Vanguard-
A physically strong and waring race. Born to battle they start training as soon as they can hold a weapon.

These two people are in a fight for their heritage, the right to claim a holy land said to be the origin of all and the Originals. Each believing they were created first by their gods

Ulta-
The Creator, the beginning, mother.

Nerit-
The Nurturer, warmth, healer.

Will you join the fight? Which side will you chose? Let us enter this world of turmoil this Land of the Lost...Origin.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Rules

1) Grammar, Spelling, etc etc: Please be correct when it comes to grammar, spelling, etc. Use Capital Letters, full stops, spell correctly (if you really can't spell something right because it's hard, then fine, it's not your fault), don't have awful grammar in posting. It messes up the story and makes it bad quality. Plus it may be hard to read someone's posts. In the past, I've had to leave RPs because I cant keep up with the fact some people's writing has been terrible. We all wanna enjoy RPing with each other, but to do that, it needs to be good quality. If you make a Typo, I understand

2)God-Modding and Power-Modding: When it comes to being an RP character, you may be tempted to break this rule. Don't make your power too strong, don't be unbeatable. The story and the adventures you face, must be a challenge. If you just sweep through everything and survive everything, like an dragon/wolf hybrid on crack, then you are just going to take away all the enjoyment out of the story. Power-modding is also bad. Power-modding is controlling someone else character. It's annoying and people might not want you to do something with their character.

3)Play-scripting: sigh, why do people have to resort to play-scripting. Remember that RPs a story, not a script. Play-scripting is a rule break in any self respecting RP. It also limits what you can do in a scene, because it's mostly dialogue along with a really bad way of trying to show description and action of what happens in the scene.
Layla: yush, this is a rule break, I shall ban hammer myself now
Ongoing Spectator: But you has no ban hammer
Layla: I left it in the car, be right back
Yes, play-scripting is annoying. What is even worse is when people do everything in *stars* I've seen put actions, and even dialogue in stars. It's terrible. Also avoid doing the RP in present tense.

4)Don't ever, break the Fourth Wall!: It's it the solid foundation that keeps any story alive. This includes talking to the audience, or if someone makes a mistake, you make a post like:
Ory laughed "it's spelt failure, not falure"
Those posts are so annoying. This also includes suddenly knowing someone else plans.
person 1:
"I'm going to go to them and I'm going to fight them" Ory decided to himself.
person 2:
"Ory has decided to fight us! We must attack him!" said the really lame RPer
When a person makes a plan, you may know it, but your character doesn't. Don't suddenly be psychic and read everyone's mind. It breaks down the Fourth Wall along with the entire RP. Also, try to keep your posts at the correct time of day. If it's the middle of the day IN the RP, don't suddenly say it's nighttime.

5) Machine-Gun Posting: This a rule to prevent people being left out. If not all of the RPers are on and they start posting and RPing so much, like it goes over a page or two, think what will happen to another RPer who comes on and has seen that the RP has basically gone off without him! It's not nice to Machine-Gun post in an RP, because it ruins it for RPers who are online. So when you are posting in the RP with someone else, or a couple of people, just remember that other RPers who are offline, are still part of the RP, so in order to keep it that way, make sure they are included and don't let the RP trail off without them.