Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bright Sunny Day...

Raelynn

"What condition is that?" Rae would ask her innocently and with a tilt of her head, her ears turning forward slightly. It wasn't good that there was only way for him to be happy, so she wanted to find out so maybe she could help. She really liked to help because it was nice when people smiled. Although as she noticed the melancholy in Ophelia her ears would droop down a little and her tail would slow it's flicker, watching her. Rae wondered why there was so much sadness in everyone that lived in the pretty home.

Raelynn would break into a smile however as she would recieved permission to clean, and nodded, looking where she indicated each time and nodded again. "Alright, thank you," She giggled as she thanked her. "I'm not really good at sitting still for long periods of time," Explaining slightly why she might seem so anxious to get to cleaning. She had no particular dislike or like towards it, but it was something to do. Jumping up to her feet with a bright smile, her ears and tail flickering excitedly as she would set about immediately cleaning stuff up. Humming to herself a sweet soft tune as she went about it as well, she seemed to even get sort of lost in the satisfaction of being active and doing something.

If she was being watched, eventually she would end up seeming to do possibly strange little things. For example at one point, she would be down on all fours as she had spotted a pen that had rolled into a spot even her slender fingers couldn't reach. As she did so she would huff a sigh and just seemed to stare at the pen a moment... and suddenly she had somehow managed to pull the pen out. Giving a happy giggle she would put it away with everything else she had gathered.

The next thing that she would do was cleaning up the broken things, which surprisingly wasn't much since he'd mostly just broken his desk, the pen and the paperweight. Once she'd cleaned up the broken pen, Raelynn went on to cleaning up the paperweight, gathering up all of the pieces. The shininess of the crystal was attractive to the feline girl as her tail flickered about happily when she would sit herself down on the floor with all of the pieces in front of her. Crossing her legs she began to rebuild the paperweight, placing the broken pieces together, almost like it was a 3D puzzle. Of course when she was done it was still broken, but that didn't seem to dull Rae's happiness at having it pieced together.

"It looks like it'd be so pretty," Rae murmured to herself, her tail swaying back and forth slowly her ears twitching a little before she placed both of her hands over the shiny item and kind of just stared at it... and it would begin to softly glow beneath her palms for a few moments until she lifted her hands and the glow faded away. As it disappeared, it could be seen that the item looked as if it had never been broken in the first place, not even one crack in it.

"There! That's better!" Raelynn giggled as she looked at it then gently picked it up to put it on the table with everything else. Done she would give a quick look about the room, grinning brightly as she saw everything cleaned up.

Vimal

"Well you sure seem to be," Vimal answer her question with a soft blush coloring his cheeks. "You seem very kind, genuinely interested, and you seem fun to be around." He would describe the reasons why he had called her great, his cheeks keeping the soft blush as he would shrug. "Sorry if I overstepped by saying that." Apologizing he wasn't sure if she liked that he had said that or disliked, since some people would think he was creepy for thinking such a thing after only such a short time.

When she would tell him that she thought it wasn't fair of his father for getting upset at him for asking questions and stamping out his curiousity he would give her a very soft smile, not taking any offense. In fact he liked it that she wasn't trying hard to impress him, shown by the fact she was willing to speak against his father, even if it wasn't anything overly serious. Though he wouldn't say anything, just because he didn't really feel like there was anything for him to say, nodding when she would say she was glad that he agreed with her.

At her repeating, his favorite place, he would nod again. His smile brightening when she would tell him that she'd love to. "Great!" He grinned and jumped to his feet before offering her a hand to help her to her feet. Once they were both standing up, he would grin to her and gesture back towards the house but off to the side. "It's this way." Although he didn't go jumping for joy, Vimal almost felt like he could, his dark green eyes shining happily.

It wouldn't be as long of a walk as it was to the house, but it was off to the side, and back of it. From the outside it was a hedged in area of an a large size with a nicely designed black fence going around it. Reaching the gate that would let him inside, he would stop a second to brush his fingers across the top, turning to look to Nanette.

"Um, I just want to let you know that you're the first person I'm showing this too," Vimal said nervoussly twisting his hands about slightly. "I mean either then Ambar of course." He would tell her softly before taking a deep breath and swinging open the gate, leading the way in.

"Hi, mom," Vimal would mutter the words very softly, so they'd probably be hard to pick up on unless she were close or had food hearing.

The place that they entered was a large cultivated garden, with a beautiful variety of colors everywhere in the flowers petals, tree leaves, and other types of foliage. It would actually be quite easy to tell that the garden had been designed with a feminine touch but with one that leaned towards a natural looking appearance.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nanaki's Avatar
    Durion

Ophelia saw the girls ears droop and tail slow but couldn't much concern herself with it. She'd seen plenty of sadness and discontent in this house and it didn't bother her so much anymore. She regarded Raelynn's question for a moment, pondering the pros and cons of answering it, and then decided there was no harm that could come with it. It wasn't as if the cat girl could conjure up a war.

"The heat of battle, the sight of destruction, the pain of war, those are the things that make him happy, truly happy..." she paused. "Though once upon a time he had far more joys" she sighed, her poor mothers heart breaking a little at memories of time spent with her happy little boy, painting, reading, walking in the garden, playing games and telling riddles. She thought of the way he used to smile, the way he used to spend his days by her side, dreading the night when they had to be parted.

She shook her head, clearing those thoughts, and the building resentment towards her husband that was trying to come, and watched Raelynn again. She had perked up noticeably, obviously happy to be active. She'd missed her thanks in all her musing and remembrance. She watched her work, quirking an eyebrow when she emerged with the pen. Her wide, red eyes curious as she watched the girl rebuild the paperweight and fuse it.

"Quite an impressive magic" she said "... Perhaps you could mend the desk?" she tilted her head, curious, her lips quirked in a smile. "If so, I can dismiss the mage."

Nannette

Nannette shook her head "overstep? Not at all! I really... I really appreciate a compliment like that. No one has ever gone as far as to call me a great person... You're great too" she smiled at him cheerily, reassuringly. She wanted him to know that she was happy to talk with him freely.

She was happy to follow him, as he led her to his special place, glad he was so eager to show her. She could see the joy in his eyes, so different from when they'd first met, not too long ago, an hour or two maybe, who knows, it could have been more, she never was good with time. What ever it was, she was astounded at the change she saw in him. It made her very happy.

When he stopped so did she and he expression softened from one of outright joy to a soft, glad expression. She was touched, so touched that he felt he could share this with her, and after such a short time. She nodded, feeling that she didn't need to say anything.

As he swung the gate open she walked in behind him, gasping at the beauty around them. 'Mom?' she wondered quietly, being half elf her hearing was rather wonderful and she'd caught his quiet words. "Is this your mothers garden? It's so beautiful... breathtaking really... thank you so much, thank you for showing me."

She looked around with wide eyes at all the different types of flowers and greenery. Several she was familiar with, being the nature enthusiast that she was, but there were also several she was unfamiliar with. It was down right gorgeous, and honestly that didn't hardly cover how she felt about it. She could tell that it was a place that had been raised with love and care and it made her feel wonderfully alive and happy.
    Most people see the world as right side up, I prefer the left side.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

I think my psyche's broken!

This just got two steps too freaky...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

Raelynn would've listened to Ophelia's words about the things that made Durion happy, her ears staying low to hear such things. She wasn't one who could understand the joy such things. Couldn't understand being happy due to the deaths of others. But hearing that he used to have other joys, her ears would perk up a little. The idea that at least at one time that Durion had, had other things he'd enjoyed would give her hope that perhaps something could be done after all.

Raelynn would look over to Ophelia when she would mention that she had an impressive magic, as she shrugged slightly, "Really? I've always thought it simple," She giggled before looking over to the desk at Ophelia's question. Tilting her head for a moment before she looking back at the other woman. "Maybe! I just need someone to hold it together when I try." Rae would tell her cheerfully, before pouting a little, "Cuz I'm not very strong." While she was strong enough to lift her own weight for example, she wasn't strong enough to move around large items. And of course without knowing fully what she could to, as far as she knew she'd have to use her hands to move it.

When Vimal received the compliment in return from Nannette, he would smile softly to her, blushing a little and shrugged his shoulders, "I'm glad that I wasn't overstepping." He would've told her before taking her to the garden.

To be honest, Vimal wasn't sure why he trusted the girl as much as he did so soon, perhaps it was because she was like him in many ways, or was in the same sort of situation. There were plenty of reasons that he could think of why, but he wasn't sure which exactly it was.

At her question, he would turn slightly sad eyes to her, deep meadow greens shining softly, "Yes, it was my mother's garden. She would have loved to hear that you love it so much," Vimal would say with a soft smile, looking around at the beautiful plants. It was aa place that brought both happiness and a little bit of sadness to him. Thankfully it brought him more happiness then sadness in total.

"Feel free to look around." He'd tell her as a happier smile took his lips as he watched the awe that she displayed while standing there, looking around her. "I know I can trust you, so I don't mind." Speaking honestly he would be let her know just how much he trusted her, which hoenstly was a lot for how short of a time they'd known each other.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

“Simple?” Ophelia asked, blinking her large eyes curiously. “Oh no, any type of instant, restorative magic like that is quite impressive, at least to me” she said. She listened to Raelynn, considering what she said, and then stood up. “I will hold it” she offered, as a knock sounded on the door. “Enter, and come hold the other side.”

She walked over to the wrecked desk, grabbing one half of the desk. She propped it upright, lifting it rather easily, and waved the middle-aged man who had stepped in over. He blinked at them, obviously confused for a moment, but regained his composure and did as he was told. He lifted the other half of the desk up and they pressed the pieces together.
    “Go ahead then” Ophelia said, distractedly. She was quietly pondering the girls emotional displays from earlier. It was very easy to tell how she was feeling from her body language alone. Her husband may take that to his advantage and she worried about that, though felt it better to keep her worries contained. While she never liked to see bad things happen to the help she shouldn’t go out of her way with all these warnings.

Nannette

Was? She though softly, catching the sadness in his eyes as she looked at him. It was her garden… Is she… Nannette had wondered why his mother hadn’t been there to greet them too. Had she passed away? She didn’t know that and, honestly, she didn’t want to ask. Not now at least. She’d gotten too curious about things like that before and really upset people and she’d rather not do that here, with him. She wanted them to be friends, and have fun right now. He could tell her all about his mother when he felt like it; she wasn’t going to bring it up.

She took his invitation to look around, missing the brightened smile on his face as he watched her. She wandered over to a bunch of vibrantly colored flowers and gazed down at them with wonder, running gentle fingertips over their smooth petals. “So pretty” she murmured, her eyes glowing happily. Her lips quirked up into a fuller smile when he said that he could trust her and she felt joy wash down her.

Trust? Now that was something she’d never really gotten from anyone. “I’m glad you can trust me” she said softly. “I hope you know I trust you too… amazing since we’ve only known each other for a little while.” She laughed softly as she voiced that earlier though, realizing that they had become the definition of fast friends.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

At hearing that restorative magic was considered impressive, Raelynn would blush lightly, flickering her ears and tail a moment, "Oh," She spoke quietly before bringing those deep blues back to Ophelia, "I didn't know it was actually. I only found out I could do it when I accidentally broke something of the nice people who found me, and felt so bad that I tried to fix it, but couldn't and then I wished hard that it would be fixed and it was again!" She'd cheerily tell the story, although her ears would have drooped a little when she mentioned having broken the object.

Looking to the door when it was knocked on, she watched the person who entered the room curiously at first until she heard the movement of the desk. Getting back onto her feet she would head over, watching the man go and hold up the second end. Blushing a little, her ears tilted down a moment as she considered the desk. Repairing small things was easy, especially when they were pretty or she felt bad. But this was big and she hadn't broken it. Flicking her tail a couple of times she would nod her head and moved up to it where she'd put her hands along the crack and closed her eyes to concentrate on it, remembering what the desk looked like without the crack in it. Suddenly the thought that maybe Durion would be happy if the desk was fixed, would make her smile as the line that went through it began to softly glow and the break would melt away to leave the desk whole.

Stepping back then, Raelynn would look at the desk, her ears perking straight up as she looked to it with wide blue eyes, "I did it!" She squealed happily, clapping her hands softly as her tail and ears reflected her happy excitement.

Although she didn't ask, she wouldn't have to for him to notice the curiousity that sprung up in her eyes. Plus with how curious she was he was actually a little surprised when she didn't ask. He understood though that she didn't to try and be respectful which he thought was actually quite sweet.

"Don't worry about being curious about that, I don't mind," He said, speaking gently. "My mom passed away when I was really little, so I don't remember much about her. But I do remember how much she loved this garden." Vimal spoke wistfully as he looked around, spacing out for a moment as he let his memories take him back to the days when his mother had been alive. Smiling softly he'd shake himself out of his thoughts as Nannette replied to him about trusting her.

"I'm glad you trust me too Nannette," Vimal said watching her, unable to help but suddenly notice how pretty she looked amongst his mother's flowers. "And yeah that does amaze me too, I've never shared so much in common with someone else before." He laughed softly, and moved a little further away as he wandered down the path in the garden, stopping and turning to see if Nannette was going to follow him. If she was he would continue down until they reached more of an open area that had well-trimmed grass in a large area with a bench on the edge and still more flowers outside of the walkway.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

Ophelia watched as the girl recounted the discovery of her magic. She'd done it by will alone? No study, all natural? That was quite impressive and she filed that bit of information away for later. If she could do something like that natural what other types of magic might she be capable of? Ophelia understood that will was a great and large part of magic but still, restoring anything could be very tiring for anyone not practiced in it. A little smile quirked at the corners of her mouth in something resembling pride, proud of the girl for being talented in at least some aspect, and proud of herself for not letting her son do away with her.

She watched as she moved up to the desk, resting her hands against it and thought that she looked, maybe a little flustered under that blush. Suddenly though her expression changed and Ophelia found herself wondering what had made the cat girl smile.

Her eyes widened a little as she watched the desk meld back together. Her focus flickered back to Raelynn though when she began to cheer and Ophelia nodded happily. "Yes dear, yes you did." A smile graced her cherry red lips and stayed as she waved at the man, slowly releasing the desk. "You are dismissed" she said to him and he gave a bow at the waist before walking away.

"Good now" Opehlia said as the door clicked closed. "Let's just move this-"

"Mother?" The door to Durion's room was opened and there in the doorway stood said young man. His hair was still wet, as was his chest left bare, all his scars on display. He was however wearing a pair of black pants that had droplets of water resting on them.

"Ah, there you are dearest." she said, shoving the desk back into it's original place. "Look at this, your sweet little attendant fixed the desk for you. Say thank you."

"Why are you here?" he relied, not taking his eyes from the woman.

Ophelia sighed "you sent poor Marcus from here running. Poor boy was terrified. You really should be nicer to the help, I mean I know you emulate your father but couldn't you do it a little less?" She frowned at him, missing the tensing of his body as she mentioned his likeness to his father.

"Anyway" she continued "I don't quite understand why you're so adverse to this ball. It's not as if you've never gone to one."

Durion, now upset all over again, turned his eyes from his mother to Raelynn, aiming to change the subject. "You repaired the desk?" he questioned.

"Do not try to change the subject young man!" his mother snapped suddenly, taking a step towards her son.

He turned his eyes, that same stormy gray as before, on her, clenching his fists. She didn't back down.

"Tell me now why you're being so difficult! Stop acting like a child!"

"Mother!" he shouted, his voice far louder than hers had been. She shrunk away a bit. "For one damned moment may I have peace?! Just leave me be! I do not want to go and that is all there is to it! Leave!" He finished his statement with a threatening step towards her, one arm shooting out to point at the door.

Ophelia's eyes suddenly full of fear she took two steps back and glared hard at her son. "We will discus this later, I assure you, and your father will hear of your disobedience." Both exchanged hard glares, the tension flaring for a moment, and then she turned rather harshly on her heal, skirts fanning about her wildly as she left, ripping the door open only to slam it shut so hard the room shook.

Durion, shaking with anger and fully exhausted, stepped back to lean against the wall and slid down it slowly, his knees pulled to his chest, arms propped on them, his head in his hands. He heaved a tired sigh, forgetting momentarily that Raelynn was there and muttered darkly to himself "I don't want to."

Nannette

Nannette looked up at him as he spoke, eyes just a bit sad as he confirmed her thoughts. "I'm sorry for your loss" she told him gently, looking back down at the vibrant flowers and around at the beauty before them. "It's nice though that you have something so wonderful to remind you of her." She gave him a brighter smile but noticed the sudden vacancy in his eyes as his thoughts wandered.

"Me neither" she told him in reply to his comment "I've never met someone who could really put up with me for too long, let alone like what I like." She laughed to and cocked her head to the side curiously as he began to move away. She followed, wanting to see where he was going.

"Oh, what a nice little place" she said cheerily. "Looks like a good place to think... or nap" she laughed a little. "Do you ever nap outside?" she asked randomly.

Raelynn giggled happily, and nodded, just so happy about being successful as she flicked her tail back and forth. It would definitely be a moment that she resembled her feline counterpart very strongly.

Though when Durion would emerge, her attention would go to him as she bounced on the pads of her feet just a little bit, eager to see how he would react to the desk being fixed, well that and the paperweight too. For who couldn't be happy to see such a pretty thing repaired? However as the conversation spun out, her excitement would be dulled, her wide eyes taking things in. She would miss the tenseness, noticing that the words about his father seemed to irk him, and she couldn't help but wonder... was his father so bad that both him and his mother disliked the man that much? It was very curious to her.

Though when he asked her if she repaired the desk she would brighten up again and nodded, but before she could vocally confirm it, Ophelia got even more upset. Sighing softly she watched them confronting each other, before seeing the fear that his mother displayed of him. What could make a mother so terrified of her own son? Watching her leave in a temper she blinked and shook her head. So much anger...

Her dark eyes would go back to Durion as he slumped down the wall and she would stand there for a moment, unsure of what to do. Though suddenly she would perk up slightly as her thoughts returned to the paperweight. Moving over to where she had left the paperweight, she would kneel beside Durion and cradled the paperweight in the palms of her hands.

"I also fixed your pretty paperweight," Raelynn would speak very softly and soothingly as she would show him, her dark blue eyes watching him with eagerness and hope shining in them that he would like what she had done for him. As Rae sat there and watched the larger person she showed no fear even after everything she had witnessed and heard, she would decide on something. And that would be that she really really wanted to see him smile. Raelynn was going to try her hardest to get him to smile around her.

At her gently spoken words, Vimal looked to Nannette with a soft smile and nodded his head, "Thank you for your kindness. But it's alright. It was a very long time ago. Although this is where I come whenever I want to feel closer to her." Vimal revealed another secret with a small smile, figuring there was nothing wrong with telling her since she already knew about the garden.

Chuckling at her words about putting up with her, he smiled and shook his head, "I don't see what's so hard about it. Sure you're a bit curious, but you're nice about the way you ask your questions. Though I do understand what you mean about liking nature. Most people I've met these days prefer to be inside really rather then being outside in the sunshine or rain and amongst the beauty of nature."

When they went towards where he had gone to, he would laugh as she asked him if he ever napped outside and he would nod his head. "Quite often actually. During the times I'm avoiding my dad I sometimes fall asleep in the peace, or just get so comfortable I pass wout before I even notice," Vimal chuckled before looking to her, as he walked over to the well trimmed portion of grass and flopped down on it, stretching out slighlty. "What about you?" He asked in return.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

He closed his eyes tight, hearing the faint sounds of Raelynn moving about the room. He closed his eyes tight, trying not to acknowledge her presence as she crouched beside him. Paperweight?

He looked up at her and at the item in her hands. His mother had gotten that for him, it made his stomach churn to look at it now. Pretty? She thought it was pretty? "Leave" he said softly. His eyes had lost all of their anger and were now full of a miserable exhaustion. He was so tired, tired of his life and his family and the things around him. Tired of her.

He rose a hand slowly, meaning to push her hands back away from him gently, but then he remembered his strength and drew away quickly. He didn't quite know why, what would it matter if he hurt her? So what if he shoved her so hard she ended up pressed into the wall. He supposed he just didn't want to hear her cry, supposed he didn't have the strength to go throw her out afterward. He shook his head and sighed.

"You can have it... if you leave me alone." He closed his eyes and dropped his head into his hands again, hopping she would take his offer. He wanted to be alone, wanted it so badly. "Just leave me alone... please?" he asked, disgusted by the pleading in his voice. He felt so much like a child, like he did when he was young and his father would lock him away in the dark of his room, all alone, scared, usually hurt.

"Go away."

Nannette

Nannette smiled back, glad this place could make him happy, glad it had sentimental value. She didn't have any places like that really, she'd never lost someone she loved because really she didn't have anyone she was that close to, and she'd never had any family members die.

She nodded in agreement at his statement. "I know right, and I don't quite get why... Well I guess I can understand the rain part, that's not always so pleasant, but... that's not the point I'm trying to make" she laughed at herself. "What I'm trying to get at is that I think people would be a lot happier if they spent more time in nature. I know it makes me feel alive, being around living things."

She dropped down beside him, spreading out herself, though the clip in her hair pressed annoyingly at the back of her head. She sat up quickly and pulled it out, clipping it to the bottom of her dress. Her hair fell down from it's previous place and down past her shoulders, a shade of black on her cheery orange sundress. She pushed it back out of her eyes and then laid back down, hair spreading out, dress too. She smiled up at the sky with childish delight at seeing it and nodded. "All the time!"

"I had a tree back home actually" she started "that was sort of my secret place. It was huge, and had big roots that crossed over each other and a little hollow at the front. I used to sleep in there whenever I was upset and didn't want to go home, or when I just wanted to sleep outside. I climbed it too, and slept in the branches when I wanted to be closer to the sky."

She reached up happily, longingly, as if she was trying to grab at the clouds above. She was, there was nothing more that she wanted than to be free above. She sighed and let her hand drop a moment later though. "So beautiful" she said, dreamily.
    Last edited by Nanaki; 07-23-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Hearing him tell her to leave when she tried to show him the fixed paperweight, Raelynn's ears would droop down as she would look sadly at him, blinking slowly. Looking between it and him she felt sad that it brought him no happiness. Although as she would hear him telling her that she could have it if she left him alone, her ears tilted up towards the sides slightly as she frowned and shook her head. "I don't want it," Raelynn would tell him softly before she put it down on the table with everything else. "I only wanted to fix it for you."

Blinking at him as he would ask her to leave him alone and go away, she would play with the hem of her dress nervously for a moment as she tried to think on what to do. She didn't want to make him anymore sad, but she also wanted to help him not feel so sad. Letting out a soft sigh, Raelyn would shake her head slightly. "I don't know where I would go." Still speaking softly as the quiet in the room she admitted her uncertainty. However as she sat there, she felt her sadness and unable to help it she sort of felt his sadness as well, basically being an empath. And from all that she knew, that kind of sadness needed hugs. Hugs were always good.

Moving towards him she would gently wrap her arms around him and would give him a tight hug, nuzzling against his chest softly as she'd give a quiet sort of short purring sound. As she would do so, her soft blue hair would of course move slightly, showing some of her back, which was often kept hidden by her incredbly long hair. The portion of her back that wasn't covered by the new dress was clearly marked in scars giving by whips lashing her soft skin. Although Raelynn actually knew nothing about them at the moment since they had bee gained before she lost her memory. The newest of the scarring looked ot be just over a year old.

Letting go she would lean up and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek, "You don't have to be alone." Raelynn told him as she sat back, blinking those deep eyes at him, "I'm not good at sitting quiet and still but I'll try to, and keep you company." She tilted her head as she offered, still really unsure of what to do. So she did all that she knew how to do, which was to follow her instincts.

As Nannette tried to make her roundabout point, Vimal would chuckle and nodded his head to her, "I think people would be too. Being around living things does the same for me." He told her softly, crossing his arms behind his head as he stared up at the clouds while she settled next to him.

Although hearing that she fell asleep all the time outside would make him outright laugh with good humor, "Somehow I'm am really not surprised by that." Vimal would tell her with a smirk. Falling silent as he listened to her talling him about the huge tree, his eyes growing a bit wider. And when she would mention how beautiful the sky was he would nod his agreement again, before doing rolling onto his side on the grass, facing towards Nannette, his dark green eyes running over her to see her long black hair loose.

"I know this might sound cheesy, but it's not as beautiful as your hair," Vimal would tell her softly before reaching over and gently brushing bavk some stray hairs of hers from her face. Blushing at what he had said he would mutter a sorry and flopped back over onto his back, feeling foolish.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

She wanted to fix it for him? He almost scoffed at that, why would she want to do anything for him, let alone fix a keepsake like that. He didn't believe it, nor did he want to and he wasn't about to thank her for it. Instead her ignored her, keeping his head in his hands as she placed the paperweight back onto the table.

He sighed as she spoke up again, replying coldly with "go wherever you want." His voice was slightly muffled with his head down, and only mildly annoyed, more tired than anything. He really wanted to just crawl into his bed and sleep, sleep for a very long time.

When she hugged him, he didn't react for a moment. He did tense up though, when he realized what she was doing and resisted heavily the urge to push her away, know that something like that from him could hurt her seriously. Instead he tried, rather unenthusiastically, to pull away. Once again the though came, why didn't he want to hurt her? He dismissed it though as he was distracted by the purring sound, it reminded him of a cat his mother once had, it had been such a lovely creature that climbed into his lonesome bed at night.

He resisted his urge to pat her head, or stroke her back, ashamed that those childhood habits stayed with him till this day. What would his father say if he were to see this? What would he think? That I'm pathetic the young demon though. [I]That I'm worthless[I]. He took no notice of any scars that were visible and continued these thoughts, waiting for her to let go, struggling away from her weakly.

"I don't want your company" he told her, his voice devoid of its usual bite, its usual harshness and cruelty. "I don't want you here... I don't, can't you understand that... I don't..." he trailed off, tipping his head back to rest against the wall, his eyes closed. "And I..." his voice wavered and he hated himself more."I do have to be alone... always alone... always."

Nannette

She smiled at him, laughing when he told her that he wasn't surprised she fell asleep outside often.She hadn't been too surprised when he'd told her he did either honestly, he was obviously someone who could appreciate the wonders of the outdoors. It was so fun being out here with him, on the grass under the sky and- what was that about her hair?

She blushed hottly when she felt him brush her hair away and felt a silly little girlish smile show up on her face. She rolled onto her side to face him, noticing that he'd rolled over, away from her, rather quickly. Her brain recalled the rest of the comment she had and hadn't heard and the blush deepened. "What are you sorry for?" she asked him, her voice a little softer, a little sweeter, though she didn't take much notice. "That was quite the lovely compliment... thank you."

She gave a little giggle, oddly sweet and girly coming from her, as she looked back up at the sky. While she was very often oblivious to men hitting on her she could still recognize compliments and accepted every one bashfully. That one though... To have any part of her compared to the beauty of the sky was monumental for her, even if the comparison might've been unintentional. She loved the sky, idolized it for its open freedom and longed for it. To be compared to it...

"I'm quite glad you like my hair" she told him, feeling a little foolish for her comment too. She hadn't know what to say past thank you though.

At his cold reply to going wherever she wanted she sighed softly, looking down to her shoes for a moment, studying the ones so similar to the worn and scuffed ones she had been wearing when she was found by him. "I don't have anywhere to go," Raelynn's words were mumbled with a touch of sadness to them, but she wouldn't let it stay. Not prone to sadness, the small amounts that she ever was affected by it, was whenever she had to remember that she knew nothing about herself at all.

"You are not worthless," Raelynn huffed as she spoke the words, very firmly, very certain that he wasn't. As to why she had said that, she honestly couldn't say why exactly. Raelynn just knew that there was a reason to say it and so she said it, stopping after and blinking. Just mystified. But as usual her life had weird things in it all the time that she couldn't explain and so just shrugged it off as normal.

Shifting, Raelynn would move to sit next to Durion with her back against the wall, crossing her legs. Tilting her ears down a little she would look to him, blinking those dark blues a few times in silence before shaking her head again. "No one has to be alone, and no one wants to truly be alone," Raelynn spoke softly shifting her eyes down to the ground. "I don't really know a lot... well... I don't remember a lot of what I do know..." She hesitated a little as she would continue speaking, correcting herself. "But I do know that it's not a good feeling to be lonely." Rae would tell him, letting her ears droop again as she recalled the times she had felt lonely in the last year... which of course was all that she could remember. Leaning over towards him, Raelyn would gently nuzzle his arm.

Turning his head to look back at her as she asked him what he was apologizing for, he would be blushing softly, and hearing her thank him for the compliment would make him feel a little relieved. "I know some people really don't like being touched, so I was afraid that I might have offended you," Vimal would tell her softly, letting his dark green eyes go back to her face studying her lovely features.

"Well it's hard not to like your hair," Vimal spoke honestly as he would reach out and took a few strands in his hand, "I like the way the way it shines in the sunlight, and it suits you so well, especially down." He smiled gently and dropped her hair, taking his hand back as he continued to blush slightly.
    Last edited by Tigerkytti; 07-24-2011 at 12:28 AM.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

Durion didn’t give much of a care to her sudden sadness, or to her comment. It wasn’t his problem that she had nowhere else to go, it wasn’t his business, he never should have even met her. As far as he was concerned nothing about her should concern him, not her moods, not what she did, and not where she was going to go.

His gaze snapped over to her suddenly as she spoke. What did she know of his worth? A little more of that usual anger came back and he let a low growl rumble deep in his throat as his agitation grew. It mounted slowly, like a wave coming towards shore, becoming more and more as she spoke to him. What did she know of true loneliness, of true abandonment? She may have had no home but she could wander in her way to people’s property and be welcomed, she could chose her path. She may have been alone but she was also free, and in that freedom she could associate herself with other… And she could touch them. Touch them like she touched him, like she was right now. She could have that contact, she wasn’t alone.

He stood swiftly, agitation finally cresting high above him, above his thoughts and emotions. It washed over him and left him, for a moment, seeing red. “You’re right” he said, his voice colder, darker, lower, the same tone it held as he was beginning a battle. “You don’t know much. You don’t know anything at all. You don’t know the true pain of loneliness, the true pain of abandonment. You, who can be so quickly and warmly welcomed into a home, you who are so full of naivety, tell me, did your mother leave you in the dark of the night as a babe, leave you to cry and to fear? Did your father beat you, push you, work you till you couldn’t move, and then make you walk home or sleep in the elements?” His hands shook as he spoke but the rest of him was unmoving as he gazed darkly down at her. “Do you know what it’s like, not being able to touch anyone or anything you care for? Do you know that pain? That true loneliness? From the way you took to invading my personal space I doubt it.” He turned his face quickly away when he realized what he had said, revealing this most secret of secrets was not something he’d meant to do.

Now irate he turned toward the door to his room, stepping into the doorway before pausing. “You’d do best to assume nothing about me. I have to be alone, it is my life, my fate, and I accept it… Now, get out of my room, occupy yourself with something else until I call you back. I do not wish to see you till then. And repeat nothing of what you have heard! Go!” he shouted his last commands before stepping fully into his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Nannette

She smiled at him brightly. “Don’t worry about that, I don’t much mind people touching me, long as they don’t get creepy with it” she laughed. She regarded his blush, thinking it was quite adorable on him, though she didn’t vocalize that though. She’d had an acquaintance who’d told her boys didn’t like to be called anything but hot or handsome. Odd.

She disregarded that though and met his eyes, thinking them quite a lovely shade of green. That she may comment on but, before that she let herself listen to what he was saying. “Is it really that nice?” she asked him, letting her own fingers reach up to brush against the softness. “I’ve never really given much of a though to how it looks” she laughed. “I’ll remember that though, and be sure to wear it down more.”

A little blush graced her cheeks as well and she looked back up to the sky biting her lip softly. “And um… if we’re giving out compliments right now… Just thought I’d let you know I do quite like your eyes. They’re such a beautiful shade of green, they remind me of the forest.”

Raelynn

When Durion stood up suddenly she looked up at him with wide eyes, her ears turning back to show the surprise she felt as he seemed to switch moods so suddenly. Listening to him speaking she would meet his gaze without fear, and without flinching, but her own eyes turned sad. And his own anger of course would affect her... that was one of the downsides of being an empath, especially one that had absolutely no idea that was what she was. Her own anger and sadness filled her, as he seemed to think that his was the only pain out there. Jumping to her own feet her tail lashed back and forth through the air, as she narrowed her eyes.

"I don't know!" Raelynn's voice rose in volume just a little, not enough to be considered shouting, but louder then her usual gentle tones, straining against the whirlwind of emotions that hit against her. "I don't know any of that! I have 1 year of memories!" She held up her hand and one finger in front of her face. "And less then a year of knowing my own name! Do YOU know what it's like to know absolutely nothing? To have no memories of your own parents, siblings, or life? Do you know what it's like to be lost every day? Do you know what it's like to have no one to care for? To have absolutely nothing?" Big crystalline tears started to roll down her face as she shook her head, hating that she was expressing some of the things that bothered her the most but she tried to ignore. She hated thinking about them so much because it only ever made her sad. "Do you know what it's like to have nightmares every night of things that may or may not have actually happened to you? And how can you call my coming here as warm and welcome? I was told I had to stay here, to do a job that I have no idea of how to do, unless I wanted to die! I have to put off looking for anyone, for any single person who might know me, to put up with this! I have no home to walk to and I sleep alone in the elements every single night, no comfy blankets or pillows. Unlike you I have nothing that was given to me, to throw about when throwing a temper tantrum to break like an ungrateful child!" Raelynn's hands would slice through the air to put emphasis on his words before he could dismiss her. Normally she was much too sweet natured and gentle to become as angry as she was now, but all day she had been bombarded by feelings of anger and sadness. She knew she was much like a child in the way of things, but she always smiled, always tried not to take out her own loneliness and darkness on others. But once the floodgate had opened, Rae couldn't stop until she exhausted all she could think of to say.

Once his door had slammed behind him, the tears just wouldn't stop even as she lifted her hands and rubbed furiously at her eyes. Rae was so tired, she'd spent so much energy already fixing things and cleaning things and just trying her best like she always did. But now she was emotionally drained as she sniffled and stared at the door for only a second longer before she would turn, and headed over to the nearest window. Grabbing the window she would yank it up, letting the fresh air from the night outside flow inwards before she would stick her head out the window to check to see what floor they were on. Once she knew she would climb out the window before leaping off the outside ledge. Landing easily on her feet, as was normal for one with feline attributes, she would immediately start running. She had no intentions of fully leaving but she couldn't spend one more moment in that house fully of anger. It was giving her a headache.

Raelynn never did anyone harm, she never hurt anyone, threatened anyone, smiled to everyone and still she was treated poorly by everyone just because she was so lost. And when she got upset, bad things tended to happen, like how the paperweight she had fixed would crack again along the lines of the original break right before it would shatter into pieces as she ran.

Continuing to run until she was too tired to run anymore, Raelynn would eventually slow as she came to a tree... nothing particularly special about it, either then being the one she started to run out of breath by... and scrambled up into it's branches.

((Sorry having probs with Vimal, trying to work on a post for him now, but coming up fairly flat atm x.x))

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion had been surprised by her outburst, that much was certain, but he'd held himself back for whatever reason. He had kept himself from lashing out, from doing her physical harm. As he stood in his room, back pressed against the door, breathing heavy, body shaking, he tried to convince himself that the only reason he hadn't was his mothers order. He may have been upset with her but that didn't mean he would ignore a direct order from her. His mother could be quite the vicious woman after all.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before crossing the room to his bed. It was a large, lavish thing with black sheets and a deep purple comforter. It was covered in scarlet pillows and had two very finely made blankets resting at its end as well.

When he reached it he fell onto it, heavily and with a tired groan. "Idiot girl" he said softly, closing his eyes. He lay there, for several minutes, until the shaking of his body abated and he was able to get up. When he did he turned to a covered glass container just to the right, on the bedside table.

He pulled the cover away, with practiced gentleness, and lifted the lid slowly off the turtles tank. The little creature inside, previously in its shell, peaked its head out to gaze at him.

"Tandor" he said softly, his tone once again broken. "My dear friend..." he lowered one hand into the tank, palm up and the little fellow crawled into it. "My only friend." he drew it up and out and rested his hand level to his heart, cradling it so very carefully.

He lay back in his bed and rested the turtle on his chest, it stayed put as he closed his eyes and began to speak, retelling his day, his misfortune, his anger, to the little living diary that was his dearest pet.

Meanwhile, outside, a small sprite has found her nighttime nap quite interrupted. "W-Woah!" the tinny creature cries as the branch she was napping on is shaken by a moving person. "Hey!" she shouts up. "What's the big idea!"

Scrambling upright, the six inch wonder springs off her previous perch to let her butterfly wings catch air, carrying her to her assailant. "You know, it's not very nice to just come tumbling into a person's house. Ya could've squished... me... Hey... Y-You okay kid?"

Her speech slowed as she realized just how sad the girl before her looked. The soft pink glow that radiated off her tiny body illuminating the tear streaked face of the tired Neko. "What happened? Ya look awful..." Sprites never were too well known for their etiquette and she didn't seem to think what she'd just said was all too bad. "You from the Wilder place?"

Raelynn would curl up in the tree, tucking her body into a ball as she flattened her ears tightly against her head and her tail around her body as she wept, completely overtaken by the sorrow that had flooded through her and now she was having problems stopping. Although as she heard the voice of the sprite she would lift her head, sniffling as she looked to her, her deep dark blues drowning with emotion.

"I-I-I-I'm so-sorry," Rae would apologize stutteringly as she drew in a shuddering breath, lifting her hands as she rubbed at her face. Blinking her swollen, puffy eyes at the little flying woman. At being asked if she was alright, she would shake her head before nodding to her question about being from the Wilder place She wouldn't answer about what had happened however right away looking down at her hands.

"I got really upset..." Raelynn would tell her sadly, whimpering as big tears continued to well up and drip down her cheeks, falling from her chin to splatter against the tree bark. Even though she was much more talkative normally she just didn't have the urge to speak much for the moment. Her sadness and pain killing her usual cheerfulness.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

The sprite shook her head, waving a dismissive hand as she frowned. “No, no forget it, it’s fine. Bout time I got up anyway. Hey…” she flew closer and tried her hand at wiping some of her tears away, the droplet rather large on her small hands. “Don’t do that, it’ll be okay.”

She sighed at her affirmation, she was in fact from the Wilder mansion, of course, no one there was ever happy… well maybe the lady of the house, she was pretty happy sometimes, but the help, no not usually too happy. A shame really, she liked people to be happy. Smiles were quite nice.

She nodded in understanding when the girl said she’d gotten upset. Well of course you’re upset, you’re crying she thought, mildly exasperated. “Come on, buck up, it can’t be that bad. How bout I make you some tea, want aunty Rose to make you some tea? I bet you’d feel better.”

"O-Ok," Raelynn hiccupped slightly as she sniffled and rubbed at her eyes when being told to forget about it, glad that she hadn't truly harmed the small sprite in anyway. She seemed so nice, and she disliked the idea of causing her any problems. Though she would shake her head at the words of things going to be okay. Although she didn't word it, she highly doubted that thing would be okay.

At being told that it couldn't be that bad, Rae would shake her head because it really was that bad. "T-tea would be ni-nice," She spoke quietly tucking her hands together as her ears continued to droop. "But it is that bad," Insisting she would watch the small winged woman, "All I wanted to do was make him smile, even just a little but I made him mad at me... and... and he made me think about everything I can't remember." Muttering the last part she would lift her hands to rub at her stinging eyes again. "I don't know if I can go back into that house again," Raelynn whimpered softly looking back to it with terror. "So much sadness, so much anger... it hurts my head..."

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

"Right, right, we'll get you some tea then" Rose nodded her head and buzzed about frantically for a moment, having forgotten what exactly she was doing. "I'm sure it's not that- Him... Do you mean that little boy over there? That uh... what was his name" she snapped her fingers as she paused midair, tapping a foot on nothing as she thought. "Durvis, Damion, Daniel, David... Eh, it doesn't matter, you know who I'm talkin about.That kid? He's the one who upset ya? Well dang, times sure have changed. I remember when he was just a sweet little thing, always out here with his mum, guess he has really turned into his pops then."

She shook her head with a sigh and flew over to land on Raelynn's shoulder. "Anyway though, it'll be alright. You might not think so but it will be" she gave another sigh, looking around. "You can do it, you're a tough one, I can tell just lookin at ya!" This wasn't quite true but she really wanted the girl to feel better. "And yeah, that house is full of some pretty messed up emotions coming from some pretty messed up people but I bet you could help fix em. You wanted to make em happy didn't ya? You're tough just for wantin that... Now" she rested one hand on the girls head "let's get ya inside and with a nice cup of tea."

She closed her eyes and a soft but larger pink light engulfed them both as they melded into the tree both were on. If Raelynn were to be watching she would see first dark brown bark, fuzzing and turning slowly a light golden brown, solidifying as they appeared inside a circular room. It was the inside of the tree and it was decorated cheerily with lots of random shiny things and flowers. There were two chairs, a table, a little kitchen, and a couch, they were on the couch and Rose was bigger, still about a foot shorter than Raelynn, but bigger.

She hopped up from the couch quickly, crossing the decorated room to take a little pegged up handkerchief from the wall before passing it to Raelynn. "Wipe your face and stop that nonsence now okay? There's only smiles allowed in here." She said it with a mock discipline, her voice much more motherly and very warm as she tried to get her into a good mood. She'd hate to have the girl start up again.

Tugging her, rather long, red hair into a messily made ponytail she walked over to the tiny kitchen, really only a small fire pit and a large basin of water that seemed to be coming from somewhere beneath them. She grabbed a kettle from a pile of shiny things and filled it with water before dropping in two teabags. She hung it over the fire and rejoined Raelynn on the couch. "Hope you like chamomile" she said. "It's all I have right now... though if you don't I suppose i could always go see Daisy..."

"D-Durion," She would provide for the sprite as she was searching for the name. Hearing her speaking about how he used to be sweet, Rae would let a faint smile touch her lips but it was gone quickly. Her sadness was just lingering too tightly to her for the moment. She didn't get sad very often, but when she did, it could stay for awhile considering the few things that could make her sad were very heavy burdens for anyone to carry. Though at the mention of him turning into his father being brought up again would make her curious.

Sniffling she would shake her head softly, "I'm not tough," She protested, thinking it was nice of the little one to be trying to cheer her up, but Raelynn knew that she turly wasn't all that tough or even strong. She was sure it was only by miracle so far that she still survived in the world.

As the light engulfed them and things became fuzzy as Rose's magic would go to work, Rae's eyes would widen in astonishment and watched the way it worked. Though when the smaller woman passed her the handkerchief, her words would earn a faint smile as she would dab at her eyes before holding the cloth in her hands, idly playing with it as she watched the red haired sprite.

"Chamomile is good," Raelynn would answer with another smile, "The woman who nursed me back to health used to give that to me." She would tell her, a little bit of her normal cheerfulness peeking through again. Her ears would stop their drooping slowly as she considered her.

"Tell me about what Durion used to be like please?" She asked her politely, her tail flickering slightly at it's end, but otherwise that would be the only indication of her intense curiousity to find out what she had meant.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

"Ah, right, Durion, Durion was his name." she nodded with a small smile on her face. "Thank ya kid, thanks. I'm no good with names ya know." She laughed and shook her head. She supposed it wasn't particularly her fault that she didn't remember him vividly, she hadn't been up close and personal with him since he was about twelve, that was what, six years ago now? Yep, just around there.

She nodded to herself again, disregarding Raelynn's little protest to her words. What more was there to say there really? Not much she thought.

She smiled when she saw her smile, glad she was cheering at least a bit. "Glad to hear you like it. Chamomile is my favorite personally." She watched the girl perk up considerably, or at least what she thought was a considerable amount, and almost asked about the woman she spoke of. However, her question about Durion cut that off and she thought that perhaps it was for the best. She had no idea what this girl would and wouldn't be comfortable talking in depth about and figured she should keep her questions simple and non too personal.

"What he was like?" she mused, looking up towards the high ceiling that was the top of the tree. "Well, he was quite the sweet little thing when I first met him, that was when he was about two. He could walk and talk by then but he didn't do either very often. His mother was of course the one to bring him out, she used to visit often with us sprites, she wanted to show off her baby. Anyway, he didn't much leave her side, even when I bade him to look around. He strayed perhaps a few steps from her but returned quite quickly, he seemed very fearful which upset me." She gave a soft sigh and passed a hand through her hair, pushing at her bangs and loose strands.

"Apparently the poor thing had rough nights. Children like him may not know their mothers company at night, nor their nurses, even when their need it great... It is apparently the reason he did not cry, even when hurt, he'd come to the realization that crying would gain him no help from his mother and no favor from his father... Any who, he was a grand child if not a bit odd, very disconnected. He got a little more talkative the next visit though, he was about four then, his mother deemed not to bring him for a year because his lessons had started. He's a very smart boy you know, very bright." She smiled thoughtfully.

"He used to love art and botany, those were things his mother taught him, He brought me a lovely arrangement of flowers one visit. She also taught him music, he had quite the talent with the piano back then, I was invited over to see. It was lovely, especially for a four year old. He was especially sweet then, and happened to love sweets... I think he still might. His father made him stop these lessons when he turned six, took away all his little friends, started the rough training, but I don't think he's grown all the way out of his love for sweets... The last time I saw him he was twelve... He'd grown several feet and gotten very strong. It was something that happened when he was nine, a growth spurt really, and could hardly touch anything without breaking it... It seemed to dishearten him greatly... Last I saw his mother this was still a problem, poor thing... Anyway, he used to be quite the sweet heart. I liked his visits even though they were quiet."

Raelynn would watch Rose attentively when she would start to answer her question, the deep blue eyes brightening to hear her talk so affectionately about Durion. Even if he had upset her terribly, Rae didn't blame him entirely. The house was a place of bad feelings lingering there, much like a ghost lingering behind to haunt it. And something told her that if all that lingering anger and sadness went away, it would improve everyone's moods somewhat. Even if not entirely it would still stop weighing them down as much...

Flickering her ears she would slowly start to smile some more as she continued to listen to her. The fondness in her voice and sweet way she talked about the boy was heartening. It also helped that Raelynn loved to here people talk about happy memories. In a way, it sometimes felt like it helped make up for her own lack memories all together. While even bad memories were still an improvement of her entire lack, she really much prefered the happier ones. By the time Rose stopped speaking Rae would be smiling brightly, although thinking about the differences now bogged down her spirit slightly.

"He's very very angry now," Raelynn would tell her with a soft sigh, "And thinks his pain is the only pain in the entire world. He lets it consume him too much." She murmured the words as her ears drooped again a little but no tears seemed near. It was just a good indication of the fact that she found what she was talking about on the depressing side. Though remembering her mention sweets, she perked up again a little.

"Do you remember what kind of sweets were his favorite?" Rae would ask suddenly, her tail beginning to lash through the air with her excitement and the idea that had occurred to her. She didn't know if it was a good idea, but she thought maybe it could be. So she wanted to give it a try.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Rose looked over at Raelynn, taking in her new, happier appearance. She was glad she'd been able to cheer her up with her own reminiscing. It had been nice remembering the days when that delightful little one came by. She used to really look forward to his visits, too bad they didn't happen any more. Thankfully his mother did come by and keep her updated with all the goings on.

Her brow furrowed slightly when she saw her ears droop and she understood why when she spoke. "Yes well, he does have quite a few reasons to be angry... or sad though that's not particularly allowed" this last part she muttered. "And in that house, besides the staff he is the only one in a pain that great... His world has always revolved around him."

She let her frown melt away though when she posed her next question and gave a soft smile. "Hm... as I recall he was a fan of strawberry cheesecake. Yes that was his favorite... He also liked brownies and sugar cookies too though... Are you planning to make him something? If you are I'd be happy to help."

Raelynn would scuff the floor with her foot and looked a little perplexed as she sighed. "I don't understand why he lets that be everything though." She stated, frowning softly as she continued to gaze down at her feet. "I have lots of things to be sad about but I smile more and just try to be happy for the good things and try to make my life a little better at a time." Huffing through her nose she pinned her ears back in a slight show of frustration, her tail thumping the ground for a moment before stilling as the subject turned to sweets.

Her ears perking back up fully she would smile to hear about strawberry shortcake, as Raelynn knew she really liked that. Of course she couldn't remember if it was her favorite or not, but it was really nummy. At the mentions of the others she smiled a little wider. And at Rose's question she would nod her head with a big of a hyperactive manner. "I'd like to! I've made it my goal to see him smile at least once! And I would really really like help." She blushed lightly as she declared liking help, lifting a slender hand to rub the back of her head.

"I don't remember if I know how to cook or not," Raelynn would admit with a sheepish smile.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

"Mostly because that's what his pops wants" she shrugged dismissively, making the statement as if it was the simplest thing in the world. "Almost every happiness he's ever had was taken from him, I suppose by now he just suspects that any new joy he finds will be taken in the same way. He's very much alone, that one and I suppose very much lonely."

She smiled when Rae perked back up and laughed cheerily at her words. "You're going to make him smile? Well, from what I've heard of him that'll be quite the challenge. Good luck dear, I'll be happy ta help ya every step of the way if ya want me to." She looked at her inquisitively for a moment, head titled "don't know if you remember... Well, whatever, I'll help you with that too! Let's get started hm?" She popped up from her seat enthusiastically just as the kettle started to whistle.

She looked down, smiling sheepishly "after tea. We'll get started after tea." Nodding this affirmation to herself she scurried over to fetch the pot, moving over to the table to pour into the cups sitting there. "Come sit here for now" she waved Raelynn over, taking a seat herself as she set the kettle down. "Do you like cream and sugar? I know I do." As she said it she poured a rather large amount of cream into her cup, followed by five sugar cubes that she stirred in quickly. "As you can see, I have both right here so help yourself!"

Raelynn would huff slightly when Rose mentioned him being alone, shaking her head lightly, "He's not completely alone at least." She would tell her, blinking at the spritely woman, "Not completely and utterly alone." Gathering her soft blue hair in hands as she spoke she would gently play with it a little, trying to distract herself from the subject matter.

Hearing Rose mentioning making him smile a challenge, she would nod her head, understanding that it would be. Though at the offer of help she would shrug lightly. "I don't know exactly what I'll do that you can help with, but thank you for offering." Rae would say with a gentle smile, bringing her eyes back up to her.

At the idea of starting on making the sweets, she would have been pretty excited, but stopping at the sound of the tea she would nod to her when she mentioned having that first. Sitting down at the table with Rose she would nod again when told that she could help herself and would do so, putting in just enough sugar to make it sweet, and then cream to make it nice and creamy as well. Sipping at it she would smile as the taste filled her mouth.

"Nummy," She declared happily with a lifting of her ears before putting them back down to normal and smiled gently to Rose.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Rose smiled, sipping at her tea. She decided she'd continue no more on the topic of Durion's anger and loneliness. Her smile turned into a mildly mischievous smirk as she regarded Raelynn's statement. "I can help ya in plenty of ways" she told her. "Quite the effective lil spy I am, pretty good at gettin in and out of places. 'Em also friendly with his mother. Easy for me to talk to her."

"Glad ya like it dear" she said, "so nice to know ya like it." She took a large gulp, half her cup draining into her mouth. "Finish quick though and we can get on to makin' him somethin' sweet... Which one ya wanna do? The cheesecake?"

Raelynn would listen with interest to Rose's words about being an effective spy and getting in and out of places. Blinking slightly a slow grin would spread across her lips as she would nod happily to her. "All of that could be handy!" She exclaimed with a giggle before tilting her head slightly. "So you'd probably have ideas on how to use those skills in good ways, right?" Asking curiously she blinked dark blue eyes at her, in awe of what she could do. Though she certainly hoped she had some ideas because Rae normally didn't think about the sort of things she'd mentioned doing.

On the subject of the tea, Raelynn would nod her head happily, sipping at the tea politely until Rose mentioned finishing it quickly. Nodding again as her eyes grew a little wider before she tilted the cup back to empty it's contents into her mouth and she gulped it down, causing her to cough. Coughing she would pat her chest while covering her mouth for only a short moment until the coughing passed.

"The cheesecake! I love cheesecake too!" Raelynn would happily declare once her coughing fit was done with. Her tail flickering back and forth would amazingly enough miss any decorations as she scampered into the kitchen with her eyes bright and wide with wonder. Bouncing on her heels she looked to her with a cheerful smile. "So what do we do? What do you start with? Is it easy to make, or hard? " Rae would rattle off her questions in a chipper manner as she watched Rose anxiously to provide her with the answers she sought.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Rose nodded, a smile on her face. "Of course I have ideas, I'll tell you about them when we need to use them." Her smile melted into a grin as slightly mischievous thoughts ran through her mind. She was quick to stamp them out. Once upon a time she'd been quite the trouble maker, but now, up in years she tried to be more mellow. Eavesdropping used to a be a fun pastime, the gossiper that she is, but she found that now she preferred to be a part of the discussion, not a sneaky intruding party.

She watched Rae chug the remainder of her tea with a cocked head, her eyes widening when the girl started to cough. She almost stood but remained seated as she got herself under control. Good thing she hadn't choked. Rose wasn't too partial to having corpses in her house after all. They could be such a pain to move.

She smiled at Rae's excitement, standing slowly from her seat as the neko rushed into the kitchen. She followed behind humming softly to herself. "It's an easy enough recipe as long as you follow directions. I think i have a cookbook somewhere." She looked around the small shelves and cabinets, humming quietly again. "Ah, here it is and..." she flipped through the chapters "strawberry cheesecake." A smile on her face she began listing off ingredients pointing at her, very small, refrigerator as she gathered up the measuring cups, bowls, pans, and mixers.

Once everything was gathered and set out she draped on an apron, handing one to Rae as well, and started up work. It was always a mildly messy venture cooking with Rose but things went more or less without a hitch as they worked late into the night. When they were done and the cheesecake was left to chill in the fridge Rose offered to let Rae spend the remainder of the night, sending her off with a smile when the sun rolled back around, rising high in the sky.

"Come back anytime" she said cheerily as they morphed out of her home. "Do you need any help back to the castle?"
    Last edited by Nanaki; 08-01-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Raelynn, despite her excitement and hyperactive personality would turn out to be very good at listening to instruction as it turned out. While she did everything with a happy and quick manner, she always made sure not to assume things and if she had no idea on anything would ask. And the process of making the cheesecake would be a lot of fun with Rose for her. It helped her cheer right up as well, the little woman's home being filled with happier emotions that her sadness didn't linger nearly as much as it might have otherwise.

Being invited to spend the rest of the night there, Rae would agree happily and wwould have thanked her a lot. Otherwise, she would have just spent the night out in the trees. After what had happened earlier that night, she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep in that home, a nexus of misery. Although she didn't know exactly why and everything, she just knew through her instincts that it would have been a very bad idea if she was going to want to be able to sleep at all.

So although when she had slept, it wasn't the most restful of sleep considering she hadn't ever had a fully rested night in the year since she could remember due to the voice that called her name. But it was better then the nightmares she would have had in the house.

As she was seen off, Rae would clutch to the cheesecake gently, making sure that it would be protected without squishing it herself, and returned Rose's smile with her own cheerful one. At being told she could come back anytime, she would have giggled and nodded. "Thank you Rose, I really appreciate your help!" Raelynn would've thanked her happily, although would shake her head when asked if she needed help back to the castle.

"Nope, I can find my way!" Raelynn would let her know with another giggle before she set off, practically skipping as she moved with a gentle humming song in her throat. It was a big difference in comparison to the way that she had stumbled upon the tree.

Making her way back to the way she had exited the large manor she would stand on the ground and looked up to the open second story window and let out a huff of air. It was always so much easier going out a window then it was in... But that wouldn't stop her either, considering she was definitely a stubborn girl that wouldn't give up just because something seemed a little difficult. And being feline in nature, climbing wasn't all that hard anyways.

Taking the small bundle that she had tied the cheesecake in to protect it from the elements and the like into her mouth she would bend her knees before leaping up and catching onto some of the places in the building that her slender fingers could catch. The tips of her shoes would find good spots that she was able to brace with as well. Turning her ears back with determination she would begin to scale the wall with minimal difficulty. And as she hooked her fingers onto the open window sill she would hold on with one hand while she used the other to take the cake and placed it down on the sill itself a moment until she hauled herself up enough to then lower it to the floor inside. Once that was done she would crawl in the rest of the way, doing a bit of a somersault as she pulled in her legs, to land on the floor with a soft giggle.

Making sure now that the cake was still fine, she would grin as she saw that in transportation it had barely been harmed in any way and still looked very appetizing. Although just looking at it made her hungry, Rae wouldn't touch it because it was a gift and she wanted to give it to Durion, not eat it herself. So she would go and sit on the couch, placing the cake down as she would wait, wondering with excitement how he would react. Would he be happy? She hoped he would be, that was all she wanted after all.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion awoke in pain that morning, the scar along his back throbbing. His eyes closed tight he swore softly and groaned, rolling onto his side only to wince in pain. Today would be a bad day, a very bad day, it seemed he really couldn't catch a break. With a flustered sigh he sat up, growling at the pain that shot through him. "Damn it." He'd have to call off his training today... His father would not be please.

No He cut off thoughts of his father quickly, he didn't need that on top of this pain. And oh god was it a terrible pain, pulsing and aching and burning, like a line of fire had been lit from one side of his back to the other. The fabric of his shirt, when had he put one on anyway, rubbed against it in a very irritating way and he ripped it off, literally. Hands grasping tight to the fabric he pulled and ripped it right down the middle, throwing it into the trash as he stood stiffly.

Clenching his fist he rolled his shoulders and went to his wardrobe, changing into a looser pair of pants that didn't rub at the lower edge of his ailment quite so much. Once he was changed he considered just getting back in bed, staying there all day, or at least until the pain abated. No Again he stopped himself. He could call off training but he couldn't let himself be a lazy layabout. Instead he made for the door, stepping out of his room and into the little sitting room/study, intent on doing so reading before calling up for breakfast. He wasn't quite willing to go down stairs currently, he'd never been a fan of falling his ass.

He looked around the room, frowning slightly when he spotted Raelynn, then moved over toward the bookcase by the couch. His walk was stiff and pained but he stayed stone faced as he began to look through his selection. Once he'd found something he was content with, a war journal, he took a seat beside her, wincing as his back touched the couch and opened it. "When did you return?" he asked quietly, casually. He spared her a glance, eyes landing on the wrapped cake and nodded towards it. "And what's that you brought?"