Login to your account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Bright Sunny Day...

At her first sight of Durion without his shirt on, she'd be unable to stop herself from gawking slightly, except she would quickly close her mouth and turned her gaze away, with a soft blush crawling over her pale cheeks. She wasn't exactly what one would call, used to seeing half naked men so she'd definitely not be able to dismiss it quite so easily. So for the moment she would keep her eyes off of him. After all, staring at him would probably upset him and she wasn't trying to do that. Especially after their argument. But she would sneak little glances when he was looking over his library of books.

"Morning," Raelynn greeted him sweetly when he sat down beside her. That alone would cause her surprise that he would actually be willing to sit beside her, not that she disliked it. Not that it made her keeping her eyes away from him all that much easier. But she would keep her eyes politely on his face, not one of weak will power. Seeing the pain he was in though, that saddened her and she wished she could do something to ease it. She didn't know what had caused it or why, but she immediately wished she could help.

"Just a few minutes ago," Rae answered his question honestly about when she'd returned, not finding any reason why she should lie anyways. Though she was certainly glad she hadn't had to wait long. Doing nothing for long periods of time really didn't do well for her... However when he would ask what it was that she had brought with her, Raelynn would let a big, bright smile curl over her lips.

"That," She giggled as she would lean forward and picked up the cheesecake before offering it to him, her eyes shining as she watched him, "Is a gift for you! Rose told me you liked strawberry cheesecake and helped me make it." A little bit of pride would seep into her voice as she spoke, unable to help it. She hadn't made a lot of stuff in the last year because she knew how to do so little and getting to make something even with help that looked like it had turned out well she was definitely proud of herself.

"I hope you like it," Raelynn would add on meekly as she peered up through her soft blue bangs.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nanaki's Avatar
    Durion quirked an eyebrow at the answer to her first question. He hadn't hear the door, so how did she get in. His eyes traveled around the room, landing on the open window and his brows furrowed. He'd have to get that locked if she was going to make a habit out of using it for an entrance and exit. It could be rather problematic if any of his troops saw a girl bounding out of his window early in the morning or late at night.

He sighed but let that train of thought run off as she presented the cheesecake. Rose? Who in the world was- wait... that sprite his mother used to take him to see? How had she found... Never mind it, he was in too much pain to think about things like that right now. "A gift?" he asked with a humorless laugh. "Really now?" He took the item from her and looked it over for quite a while, his face blank as he gazed at it.

Finally, he leaned forward and set it down on the small table before them, wincing as his back protested the movement. He wondered, if he were to look back there, would that long raised scar be throbbing? It felt like it was. He straitened back up, leaning into the couch with a heavy breath, and returned to his book.

He waved dismissively over to a cabinet by his bookshelf. "There should be a knife in there, and plates... Thank you." He did like cheesecake, so he supposed he would eat at least some of it... and it wouldn't hurt to share it with her as well.
    Most people see the world as right side up, I prefer the left side.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

I think my psyche's broken!

This just got two steps too freaky...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

Raelynn would nod her head when he would seem to question the fact that he was being given a gift, although she wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Giving him a big bright smile she watched his face eagerly, watching for any sign of happiness, or if he disliked it. Either way, she wanted to know. Because with the new determination of having made a new friend, Raelynn was going to make sure that she was going to try hard to do something to make him smile. Her best lead right now was sweet foods and so she would be using that at least for the moment.

When he had leaned forward however to set it down, her eyes had widened at seeing the vicious scar before softening. Naive she might have been, but far from stupid she would quickly compose her face so that it wouldn't show any of the emotion she felt about his injury. She had a feeling he'd get upset if she were to show any sympathy of any sort about the scar.

Looking over to the cabinet that he had indicated first she'd nod to him next before jumping to her feet with that bright grin still showing as she would practically skip all the way over. Her tail flickering happily as her ears were up and perky she would go into it and promptly dug out the requested items. Noting he had said plates, as in plural, she would hope that he meant to share. Although she wouldn't be upset if he didn't because she had given it to him as a gift afterall, she would be happy if he did. It would seem that they had one thing in common and that was a sweet tooth. And she was very curious to how the cheesecake would taste.

Once she'd gathered what was needed she would move back, slower this time as she was being careful so she didn't break anything, having learn her lesson long ago about being wreckless around breakable items. Setting the plates and cutlery down she would smile to him happily. "Would you want me to cut it? She asked sweetly her ears twitching lightly as she gazed at him curiously.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion watched her bound over to the cabinet from behind his book and wondered how any one creature could have so much energy. In hindsight he was probably exaggerating the level of eagerness she displayed because he completely lacked any himself. This painful nuisance on his back made sure of that. Anytime it decided to cause him pain usually one of two things happened, he either got very angry and violent or he got very quiet and submissive. Today it seemed he was somewhere in the middle, he was far from his usual self in his views on violence, namely he didn't feel the want to commit any today, but he wasn't the soft spoken, mild mannered creature he sometimes became when the pain was at its worst.

He simply lacked energy or the will power needed to do anything but sit here, read, and hopefully eat some cheesecake... He really did like cheesecake. This was bizarre.

He watched her come back, barely noticing the slowness in her steps as she carefully carried back everything, and then returned to his book. He caught her smile and blinked at the question asked. "Go ahead" he said dismissively, turning a page. The less moving he had to do the better. He paused in his reading, now that he thought about it he should call down his breakfast order before they all started cleaning up. He knew it was still early but sometimes his parents skipped breakfast, or only ate a bit, and the kitchen staff began their cleaning early. He hatted calling down after they'd started because the food was never as good since they were rushed.

He lowered his book and looked at Raelynn again, surely she was hungry. As far as he knew she hadn't eaten anything besides that apple she'd stolen the other day... or perhaps Rose had fed her. Either way, in his mild mood he felt he should ask her "anything you want for breakfast?" He was just going to have his normal order sent up and he was feeling rather ravenous so it would be best if she got her own food. It was unwise to expect Durion to share meals. Desserts maybe, when he was like this, but meals, never. He was more likely to accidentally bite your hand off than to offer you anything he received.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

Raelynn hummed softly to herself when she moved from one end of the room, but stopped as she would place the plates down and had looked to him. Twitching her black ears she would have watched with a soft smile until he would answer her question. Nodding acknowledgement, she would carefully pick up the knife and carefully began to slice into the cheesecake, making fair sized but neat and even pieces. Sliding a piece onto a plate each she would smile as she turned and held it out to him. "I hope you like it," Rae would tell him with a soft smile as she spoke gently, meekly but still eager to know if he would.

At the question of wanting food for breakfast, she blinked and nodded slightly as she acknowledged his question and hummed to herself as she thought. What would be good for breakfast... her tail swayed at a gentle back and forth pace as she tried to think, her ears flickering a little bit before she smiled. "If it wouldn't be a problem, I would enjoy fresh fruit," Raelynn would answer his question with a tilt to her head. She didn't know if it would be a problem or not so was curious because she didn't want to cause any trouble at all.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

((sorry is a bit short, should be safe to say it prolly won't stay that way))

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion took the plate from her, giving a small nod and another muttered “thank you.” He picked at it for a moment before slicing off the tip with his fork. He was just a little unsure of it. It looked good, but he had to remember that last night he’d made her quite upset and wasn’t sure if she was one in the mind of revenge. He didn’t think so but still… He slid the little bit into his mouth and nodded his approval. It was certainly good, not the best but good. “I like it” he told her softly, eating a bit more.

At her answer to her preferred breakfast he nodded. “No trouble” he told her. “Any particular fruit, or would you just like a fruit salad?” He really was being more civil than usual… it felt odd but not particularly unpleasant. Really, acting like this reminded him of his childhood, the time when his mother would still touch him and he could touch her, the time when he still had friends.

He sighed and leaned back into the couch again, wincing as the scar rubbed against the smooth material. He closed his eyes and waited patiently for Raelynn to give him an answer so he could call down and order. He really just wanted to eat then go soak in the bath for a few hours… maybe sleep afterward. He hated this, he hated this stupid scar.

Hearing him tell her that he liked it would bring a bright smile to her soft face as her ears perked straight up and she giggled. She would have to tell Rose that he liked it, thinking she would like to hear that. And of course it was wonderful to hear that the first thing she had made since she could remember turned out well enough to be liked by the person it was meant for. Now that she had the answer she wanted she would dig into the slice she had been holding, eating neatly and precisely but fairly quickly.

Though at his following questions she would place a finger to her lips as she softly hummed in thought before giving a gentle smile. "A fruit salad would be wonderful," Raelynn would tell him in answer as she decided. It was very nice for her to sit there and be able to just talk with him, even if it wasn't much in the way of an actual conversation, the essence in the room warmed her heart. The calmness of it all... She didn't often get to sit and talk with people since they were always so busy with their lives...

Waiting for a few moments after she had answered him, she would purse her lips gently, looking a bit worried. Lifting her hand she would scratch at her ear nervously, the black appendages flickering slightly. "It really bothers you, doesn't it?" Rae would ask him quietly as she wanted to continue speaking to him but wasn't entirely sure if the subject would be well receieved.

"Um... I was... just wondering," She hesitated, taking a deep breath before exhaling, bringing up her wide eyes to meet his gaze if he had opened his eyes again. "if... if you don't mind... how you got that scar." Raelynn fiddled with her hands in her lap anxiously, her heart racing in her chest as she spoke, falling silent after although she continued to watch him.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion nodded to her with her answer and shoved one hand into the couch cushions. He was fairly sure that the phone had fallen in there some time yesterday. Hopefully it would still hold a charge, otherwise he'd have to get up and go to his room to find the other one and he didn't really want to move. "Ah" he made a soft noise as his hand wrapped around the object and he made sure not to squeeze. He drew it out and was rather glad to see that the buttons still glowed a faint red, signaling that they still had power. He pressed the three, speed dial for the kitchen, and placed the order quickly before hanging up and dropping the phone down beside him.

He gave a soft hum and relaxed back into the couch for a moment until she began to speak. His shoulders tensed for a moment as he felt that usual anger bubbling up inside of him. It seemed he had enough energy to get upset and as she finished with her timid question he could feel the words practically booming out of him as he yelled. "It is none of your concern!"

He regretted it a moment later, the muscles of his back taunt he could feel the pain throbbing stronger now and resisted the urge to cry out in pain and discontent. He slumped back against the couch and breathed deeply, eyes squeezed tight for a moment against the ache. It was none of her business, none but... He cracked one eye open and looked over for her, waiting to gauge her reaction. She meant no offense, he could tell in the way she had asked the question, she'd seemed rather nervous about it. Still, he never was one to talk about things like this, short comings of his own. He sighed.

The pain was obviously making his delirious because now he almost, almost felt bad for snapping at her. "Sorry..." he muttered. "Yes... yes it is a bother... it hurts." He growled low in his chest as his mind settled on that pain again and amplified it. He grimaced. "My father..." he couldn't focus on his thoughts any more. The outburst had spent too much of his energy, had caused him too much pain and his head was spinning. He lifted up one hand, the movement agitating his back, and rested it over his eyes with another growl. "It hurts" he said again, though this time it was much quieter, almost a whimper, very pained. "It hurts." He repeated, pressing his hand harder against his eyes.

When Durion yelled at her in answer to her question Rae would flinch backwards from him, her slender fingers clenching tightly to the plate that she held, casting her gaze downwards. She truly hadn't meant to upset him, but the curiousity had been eating at her. And sometimes, knowing the cause of an injury could help to heal it. Not always of course, but sometimes, she thought.

Although he wouldn't cry out in pain it wouldn't be hard to tell that he was in the way that he slumped back against the couch, the energy he had used up apparent. A softness would enter her expression as she would study him from the opposite end of the couch where she had flinched backwards into. And despite being yelled at she did not show fear directly of him, but she still did show concern as she watched him quietly for the moment.

However his apology would come as a surprise to her, causing her dark blue eyes to widen before she blinked them at him. Staying silent though she listened to the rest of what he had to say. The grimace he made telling her of the pain still bothering him greatly. Gently putting down the plate she had been holding she watched as he placed his hand over his eyes. His mention of his father would have her more curious now, but she wouldn't push the subject. Even in her naivete, Raelyn had a sense of what would be pushing too much. However that didn't stop her from wondering, and thinking that it wasn't a wonder there was so much anger.

Shifting cautiously closer over to Durion, Raelyn would worry her lip gently as she considered offering something, but unsure she would hesitate a moment before coming ot the decision to offer anyways.

"I... I don't know if it will help..." Raelyn spoke softly, fidgeting slightly again with her hands, "But, if you like... I can... try and help relieve some of your pain." She offered gently as she moved closer to him.

If he would allow her to, or not stop her from doing so, Rae would gently place her hands upon his shoulders and with a touch almost as light as a butterflies would begin to massage the area. Her slight fingers would seem to find the tense muscles with ease, moving softly to massage out the knots that she could.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti