Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bright Sunny Day...

Red face A Bright Sunny Day...

Raelynn

It was a beautiful day out with the sun shining brightly, the birds singing and the like, one of those days that put Raelynn into a cheerful mood. Not that it was hard for the optimistic type neko to be put into one. As usual she could be found just wandering the country side, the wilderness and the like as she just went in the direction that seemed to appeal to her most. It was just the way that she lived her life, day to day. Even though some expressed worry that she was not in school or that she didn't have a home, Raelynn always laughed it off after thanking them for her concern. After having left the care of the kind farmers who'd found her, she hadn't wanted anyone to care for her. After all, staying in one place, especially one where she just didn't feel right brought her no closer to the answers she wanted.

Singing brightly as she walked along, Raelynn began to realize that it had been awhile since she'd been to a place that she'd eaten, and her stomach was starting to grumble at her for food. "Now just wait a moment," Raelynn spoke aloud to the offended stomach with a giggle before she pulled the small pack from her back and opened it to see if she had any food left within. Seeing that indeed, there wasn't she would shake her head with a laugh. She'd forgotten that she ate the last bit for breakfast. So that meant foraging... Looking around at the area she would smile to herself, pondering on the best way to go. After a moment she had an urge to turn to the right and so she would, walking on straight ahead off of the road and into forested like area. As long as she listened to her senses, she rarely went long without food or whatever she needed as she'd learned not long after starting out on her own.

Walking through the fairly neat rows of trees as she searched for something that caught her attention for food, Raelynn didn't realize that she had wandered onto someone's estate. Things like that didn't occur to her often when she would trespass on someone's property, especially when it was fairly open and the part she wandered onto was full of so much nature.

Eventually she would come to some fruit trees that well cared for, not that she knew, and a joyful laugh left her lips as her eyes fell upon the fruit laden branches. "Yes!" She murmured to herself before she would run up to the base of the closest tree and peered upwards. After a moment of thought she would begin to climb the tree with ease, her black tail flickering about excitedly behind her.

Once she reached a nice sturdy branch, she walked out onto it, until she reached a spot with easily accessible fruit. Sitting herself down, she would swing her legs idly as she reached out and plucked the wonderfully ripe apple and took a healthy bite out of it. Happily chewing away, Raelynn would be sitting in the tree, enjoying the apple, still blissfully unaware that she was on the Wilder property.

Vimal

Sitting in class, Vimal would heave a sigh as he gazed out the window that he sat next to, his green eyes on the beautiful day that called to him. Because he hadn't wanted a private tutor, he attended the local school, the only disadvantage being that he couldn't go outside whenever he felt the urge to be with nature. But thankfully the class was ending soon and he'd be free for the day.

Little did Vimal know that today was the day that he was going to be meeting the girl that his father had told him that he was going to be married. If he had been, one could bet that the half elf would be dreading it instead of wishing for his class to be over. It wasn't that he thought badly about the girl, in fact he'd barely thought what she would be like, it was more so that he hated the idea of not being free to choose his life. But it would make his father happy, so he hadn't fought the decision.

Once the bell for the class ended, Vimal would take his time despite the urge to just rush outside and get home to the property that he loved dearly. To explore the forests he knew by heart and maybe even go swimming in the lake that they owned. Instead he would be polite and chatted shortly with those of his peers that he considered friends and respectfully said goodbye to his teacher.

Although as soon as he was done with that all, he was out the door like a shot, running out into the sunlight and his shoulder length white hair bouncing with his running stride. As soon as he was a short distance from the school, the soft cry of a bird would be heard, causing him to turn his gaze skyward in time to see the flash of blue and green feathers as his friend swooped low to land on his outsretched arm.

"Ambar!" Vimal greeted the bird happily as he came to a stop and with his characteristic grin, began to stroke the beautiful feathers of the bird who greeted him back with it's melodic twittering, nuzzling against his cheek.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nanaki's Avatar
    Durion

The bright sun in the sky above was a bother to the training warriors of the Wilder mansion. All were tired and hopping for the days work to be over. They had been out since an hour before dawn and their bodies felt the strain of hard labor and training. They had run laps, done lifts, gone through their usual sword play, magic training, defense training, reviewed battle tactics, practiced three extensively, and were now on to more sword play, the last round of the day, the round everyone dreaded.

Everyone but Durion that is. This was, by far, the best part of his day. Buster sword in hand he swung and clashed with his opponent, a guard who's name he could never seem to remember, not that it much mattered. All that mattered was that in a moment Durion would have him beaten, beaten into a bloody pile on the ground before him. He turned the blade, swiping the smaller claymore out of his opponents hand. The man before him dropped to his knees and bowed his head in submission, silently pleading to himself and what ever god there was that the noble would not harm him.

"Che, giving up so easily old man?" Durion asked in his gruff voice.

"I ask your pardon sir" the man said, holding back the tremble in his voice.

"Stand."

The guard did as he was told and watched with wide eyes as the blade came down upon him. Only the tip came in contact but it was enough to slice through his leather armor and shallowly though his skin sending a spray of blood up and a trail of fire tracing behind.

"That is the price of cowardice, next time, stand and face me though your hands are bare" he barked.

The man fell and others rushed around him while Durion walked away and into the grove of trees not far from the training ground.

He frowned, someone was hear, he could hear them in the trees. "And who would be foolish enough to trespass?" he asked in as quiet a voice as he could manage, walking slowly past row after row of tree's. "Who would be foolish enough to bother my mothers orchard?"

A growl pitched low in his throat as he came closer to the intruder. He could hear them, going about their business rather noisily. He came upon the tree they were in and found the was behind them, her, from what he could see and assume he gathered she was a Neko.

"Who are you" he demanded brandishing his sword at her back. Though she was high up the tip nearly reached her. "Who are you and how do you dare come upon the property of the Wilder family and steal from my mother's trees." He voice wasn't loud but it was threatening, a low deep growl. He glared hard at her back, waiting fo her response.

Nannette

"Nannette? Nannette! Blast it girl, where are you! You better be getting ready!"

The girl in question listened to her mothers shrill calls from down the stairs and sighed, rolling onto her back. "I'm getting ready mommy, don't worry!" she called down, not bothering to move.

"You really should get ready Miss" her attendant, a quiet girl named Mary, spoke up from her closet. "Here, I even picked a dress for you to wear."

"I don't want no stinkin' dress" Nannette said with a good natured laugh, sitting up to chuck a pillow at the younger girl. She complied anyway though, standing as the other squeaked and dodged the projectile. "I'm gonna miss you though Mary."

"And I'll miss you... but the cake..."

"Yes, the cake. They better let me pick. I don't care about any thing besides the cake. Heck, they could marry me upside down if they want, just so long as I have the cake."

Mary laughed and handed off the dress, turning away from the mirrored door as Nannette stepped into her closet to change.

"I wonder what hubby to be is going to be like" Nannette mused, stepping out in a bright orange sundress. "I hope he likes red velvet" she laughed cheerily.

"Nannette!" Her mother was yelling up the stairs again.

"Oop, guess we gotta go. Bye Mary, hopefully I'll see you again!" She attempted to wave dramatically and failed as she burst into laughter and skipped out of her room, grabbing, but not putting on, a pair of orange flats to match her dress.

Once down the stairs she found herself rushed into a car that shot out of their drive way like there were zombies after them. "Are we really running that late?" she asked her mother, passing a brush through her hair.

"Not that late but... we want to be punctual alright darling."

"Okay" Nannette agreed, looking out the window. She gave a little sigh, sad that she'd have to be busy on such a nice, sunny day. Her parent's had stayed home specifically to make sure she didn't get out so she hadn't been able to play with any of her out door friends or go exploring.

With this little realization her mood dropped drastically and a frown spread over her face. She was pretty sure she wasn't moving in with him today but... what about when she did? That would mean never getting to roam around in the back woods she knew so well, that meant she'd have to leave all her little woodsy friends behind.

Before she's been rather okay with this, and in a way she still was, but now that she was thinking about it, it was a less than ideal situation. 'All for the love of my brother' she though. 'Darn baby.'

She heaved another sigh but perked up considerably when the manor came into view. It wasn't so much the place itself as it was the greenery here. At least there was a little nature, and what had she expected, some barren wasteland? Well, with her imagination...

These thoughts were pulled from her as she was yanked out of the car by her mother and followed out by her father her went to the door. She looked around curiously, her large yellow eyes alight with wonder.

Her mother looked at her curiously, feeling that her daughter was about to say something, maybe even something profound, poetic.

Nannette, with her eyes shining and her face in a look of wonderment, said "nice place."

Her mother resisted the urge to laugh.
    Most people see the world as right side up, I prefer the left side.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

I think my psyche's broken!

This just got two steps too freaky...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

Raelynn

She'd been content with munching on the juicy apple, humming to herself softly before the interruption of the man who came up behind her. But she couldn't be irritated, either then it not being in her nature, she was trespassing and hadn't realized it again. With a flick of her tail, and a giggle at the sound of his threatening voice, she would grasp onto the branch with only one hand before she would flip herself off of it, hanging from it for only a second before she dropped lightly to the ground, landing on the scuffed but cared for maryjane style shoes she wore. Now standing on the same level as Durion, she would look up to him with her large, dark blue eyes that sparkled with laughter as she showed him a bright, cheery smile.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry!" Raelynn giggled as she spoke, holding a nearly finished apple in her slender hand, glancing to it then back to him, "I didn't know that I was on someone's land! I was just hungry and saw this beautiful apple tree so couldn't help myself." She explained lightly, not showing the least bit of fear of this large man that was wielding a gigantic weapon. Her cat's ears twitched lightly as she'd place her hands behind her back and balanced on her heels, studying him with curiousity in her gaze.

"I'm Raelynn! Who're you?" Answering his question about her name with that same bright smile, as her silky light blue hair fell over her shoulders like that of a waterfall as she tilted her head slightly to the side.

Vimal

Moving along as he chatted idly with the bird that had taken up roost on his shoulder, he would be surprised to see his family's car waiting for him in the parking lot of the school. Coming to a stop, dread rose in his throat as he'd look to Ambar then back to the car before he headed towards it.

As he got close enough, the chauffeur stepped out of the car and opened the door for Vimal, a smile on his lips as he considered the boy. Vimal would just return the smile and slid into the car, with the door being shut behind him as he settled back into the seats, and Ambar jumped from his shoulder to headrest of the seat in front of him.

"Why am I being picked up today," He would have waited until the chauffeur was back in the car and had shut the door behind him. The man started up the car, pulling out carefully before glancing back in the mirror to Vimal.

"I was told to come fetch you by your father Master Vimal. Apparently the young miss Brode will be arriving today for you to meet her," The chauffeur answered with a bright smile. Vimal would nod to him.

"Oh, is that so?" Vimal asked, causing the man to nod his head, before he sighed and slumped in seat some. So the day really was coming after all. Even though he knew it would come soon enough, part of him had not felt like it was real since he hadn't met her yet. But now he was going to, it would be harder to pretend reality wasn't intruding on his life. Ambar would twitter at him with a tilt of her crested head, causing Vimal to look up to her with a serious expression. "It doesn't matter if she's pretty Ambar, I'll marry her no matter what she looks like." Ambar twittered in response to his reply, causing Vimal to laugh. "Ok, yes it would be nice if she is."
    At the Hatrel's estate, when Nannette and her parents had pulled up, the front door would open after a moment as Vimal's father would step through and moved down the few stairs to meet them, a wide smile on his lips.

"Hello! How are you both doing?" He greeted them happily, sporting the same white hair that his son did, but although while long as well it was tied back neatly and he wore business like clothing. "This must be the lovely Miss Nannette I've heard so much about!" Turning to Nannette once having finished greeting her parents, flashing her a smile. "How do you like our estate so far? Vimal should be home any moment, I sent a car to fetch him from school."

A few moments later would be when the car pulled into the driveway, behind them as it slowed and came to a stop a bit to the side. Once the car had stopped moving, the chauffeur would get out, but before he could even start towards the passenger side, the door opened up before bright blue and green colors of Ambar spread out into the sky as the bird fluttered out of the door. Just behind the bird, came the figure of Vimal as he fully emerged and closed the door behind him, laughing as his eyes followed Ambar, the bird circling around before settling on his shoulder once again. He hadn't yet noticed the others that were waiting for him as he stroked the bird's feathers, speaking to her as he walked towards the front door.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

He felt his jaw clench as he watched her jump down, and kept his sword level with her, now holding it pointed at the center of her chest. His eyes darkened as she spoke and he felt the impulsive need to cut her down where she stood, not only for trespassing but also because he simply didn't like the cheerful way she spoke, didn't like her casualness. How dare she, some common Neko, speak to him in such a way, no formal address, none of his well deserved respect.

His voice was pitched low in his throat, a still threatening grumble that hinted at the rage he was suddenly feeling. "I am Durion Wilder but in the event that I allow you to live you will refer to me as Sir. I am the first and only born son of the War Lord Syphil Wilder and will not be talked down to by some lowly neko."

His eyes darkened like storm clouds as he glared at her harder still and wondered why he'd bothered with words, bothered with speaking to her. Obviously she was no one of great standing so there would be no repercussions to killing her. Still, he couldn't bring himself to do it, not yet. He had a feeling that perhaps he would soon, once he'd made her fear him, but right now, though her happy smile angered him to no end, he would not kill her.

Nannette

Nannette smiled up at Mr. Hatrel and gave a little nod. "You've got quite the nice place here sir."

Her eyes sparkled happily with their sunshiny light as she looked around, twisting from side to side, her sundress swishing against her knees. "Lots of trees" she grinned. "I like tree's."

Her father looked at her like she'd just said the stupidest thing in the world, and to him she had, she really wasn't carrying on this conversation like any of her etiquette teachers had taught her, far too casual and far too vague, and her mother gave a quiet sigh, ready to step in.

As the car pulled up though she found she didn't need to as Nannette's attention quickly went from the older man before her to the young man getting out of the car and coming their way.

"Hey" she called in a rather friendly, cheerful manner. "How're you today? Nice bird" she laughed. "She's very pretty... he's very pretty... It's very pretty" she finally finished, realizing she didn't know the birds gender.

Her parents both gave her an exasperated look, her father at his wits end because he couldn't very well scold her here, not that he was ever really good at scolding her. Her mother turned to Mr. Hatrel though and, with a weary smile, appologized. "We're sorry, we try to get her to act a little more modest and all but she's just, well, herself" she sighed again. "She really is a sweet girl though, just a little head strong."

Nannette turned back to them, seemingly oblivious to what had just gone on. "Do you know if your son likes red velvet cake Mr. Hatrel?"

Her father dropped his head and rubbed his temples.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

Raelynn

Despite the fact he would keep his sword level with her chest, Raelynn wouldn't react as if she was being threatened and certainly not at all like she was afraid of him. Because she simply wasn't. Maybe it was a side effect of her amnesia, but the girl seemed quite fearless.

Gazing up at him as he answered about what his name was, and trying to tell her that she would call him, sir she honestly wouldn't be able to stay serious. Even with his dark gaze glaring at her, Raelynn would giggle again with another tilt of her head, not even reacting at all to the insult.

"It's nice to meet you Durion!" She declared, disregarding what he'd said about title and the like. "Isn't it such a beautiful day?" Casting her eyes to the cloudless sky, a bright smile touched her soft lips, as she looked off into space before snapping back to then and there.

"Though I do feel bad for stealing from you. Is there anything I can do to pay you back for the apple? I don't have any money unfortunately," Raelynn would speak a little more seriously as she glanced to the apple core and then back to him, a soft smile still on her face as she hadn't seemed to stop once in the time they'd been speaking at all.

Vimal

Vimal's father couldn't help but to chuckle lightly at the girl's response to his question, giving a slight smile to her, "So does my son, I'm sure he'll be happy to show you around the estate if you'd like." He'd tell her in response, being slightly indulgent as he didn't seem to be a stranger to such behaviour. He'd give her parents a smile as he shrugged lightly as if to say it was alright. Although his gaze would turn to the arriving car once Vimal was out and heading towards them.

However when he heard her voice, asking him if his son liked red velvet cake, he would blink, being taken off guard by the sudden question, "I, uh, don't know. You'll have to ask him I guess." Mr. Hatrel answered, looking to her parents then back to her.

As Vimal heard the cheerful voice calling out to him he lifted his gaze, going to her as he'd study her while he came closer, not answering at first because he hadn't wanted to lift his voice in order to be heard. Giving Nannette a bright smile he would nod his head, "You were right the second time, Ambar is a male bird-of-paradise." The bird would pull itself up, eliciting a chuckle from him as he lifted his crest and preened a little.

After speaking, Vimal would have turned towards Nannette's parents and given them a bow, being careful not to disturb Ambar. "You must be Mr. and Mrs. Brode. As I'm sure my father has told you already, I'm Vimal Hatrel. It's my pleasure to meet you." Straightening up then, he'd turn back to Nannette and would give her a bow as well, but this time would take her hand as well and pressed a formal kiss to the back of it, "And you must be the lovely Miss Nannette I've heard so much about. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He'd give her a soft smile, that while it didn't fully reach his forest green eyes, it was still warm and kind.

Sliding his eyes to the side to sneak a glance at his father, he'd be happy to note that he seemed happy with the proper way Vimal had introduced himself.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

He felt the muscles in his arm twitch, begging him to raise the sword and cut her down. He could feel his temper very quickly going and would have enjoyed nothing more than to slice her clear in half. This contemplation was slowly coming into a very possible bit of action as he rose his arm, slow and steady, a rather manic grin making its way onto his face. This would be nice, this would be very nice...

"Durion?" A clear, distinctly female voice called to him and he let his sword still in mid air. His mother came around through the trees, all a vision of beauty in the bright daylight. Her black hair fell in it's curly waves over her shoulders and down her back, her red eyes sparkling. "Durion what are you doing? Who is this girl?" she asked.

Her voice was both bemused and worried as she spoke, walking towards them. The light, airy skirt of her dress flowed around her legs and gave the allusion of gliding.

"She is a trespasser here in your orchard mother. She has stolen apples from the trees you so diligently care for and I am to punish her for this misdeed." He seemed mildly pleeding as he said this, hopping she would take his explanation. She didn't.

A frown on her pale face she rose up a hand to press down gently on his blade, a signal for him to drop his arm. He complied, however hesitantly.

"Do you know her name?" she asked.

"Raelynn... Mother, please do not-" she cut him off turning her large, red eyes on the girl.

"Raelynn? A lovely name for you, you poor sweet girl. How terrible a burden those ears and that tail must be."

Durion suppress a sigh. While his mother, like all others in his family, felt those not of demon kind were inferior she was also, in his opinion, the worlds largest bleeding heart. Far too often did she take in strays as attendants, chambermaids, and servants. He knew that with this girl she may do the same and he dreaded it.

"You know, steeling is quite the serious crime, especially when you take from nobles. Tell me, where are you from, where is your family. You are, of course, to be punished but I would like to send word that you are fine. Surely they warned you that our manor lay this way. They must fear greatly for you."

Nannette

Nannette laughed, both at the bird with it's cheerful preening, and at Vimal with his greeting to her. She looked down at her hand, she'd had it kissed before of course but never by a man that was going to be her husband, and then back at him. She was oblivious of her parents who stood behind her with dual looks of relief that Mr. Hatrel wasn't offended by her and that at least Vimal was a well behaved young man.

She caught his eyes for a moment, not noticing that their look didn't quite match the rest, and let her laughter die down. "Yep, that's me, Nannette. It's nice to meet you too Vimal... And your little bird friend... Ambar wasn't it?" She returned his smile with one of her own, happy and bright. The shine in her eyes wasn't exactly joy but it was excitement and that, to her at least, was good enough.

"He's a very pretty bird" she complimented, giving another smile to the colorful creature. She didn't seem to notice his wayward glance toward his father and continued talking. "Very colorful, I like colorful things... And cake" she added as if it was the most relevant thing she could have told him. In all truth, it had just sort of slipped out and her tan cheeks warmed with a blush as she tried to will the words back out of time.

She didn't want to bother him too badly with her oddness. Not just yet at least. She knew she was rather... eccentric most of the time and had actually been trying to hold back on it a little today. Seemed all of that had gone down the toilet. She had been meaning to ask him about his preference on the cake at some point today, but she figured she'd bring it up after at least a little more light conversation, preferably inside. She'd only asked is father to see if she could bypass the conversation.

Behind her her mother sighed, hopping the young man wouldn't think too badly of her daughter and her father hopped that Mr. Hatrel wouldn't want to call things off. He hadn't told him about his daughters mannerisms, only about her hobbies and about how friendly and spirited she was. Now he wished he'd maybe prepped them for her, or something.

Raelynn

As Durion raised his blade with the clear intention of striking her down with it, it would perhaps be odd to note, that Raelynn would still show no fear. Simply smiling at him as she waited, it could seem like she either thought he wouldn't actually go through with it, or maybe even didn't care. Although as she heard the voice of his mother, she would turn her head to look in the direction that the voice came from and seeing his mother would give her one of her bright cheerful smiles. As she listened to the two of them speaking for the moment, her ears twitching lightly tilting in their direction to take in sound, she watched in that clear, open manner she had. Some would think her stupid, but the girl was actually far from that, it was simply her naivete that gave that appearance.

At being addressed and his mother stating that her ears and tail must be a burden, Raelynn giggled, reaching up to touch her ear a moment before giving a questioning look. "Burden? Not really, they're actually quite light. I don't even notice them half the time," She would answer with a sweet smile, speaking truthfully as she thought that it would be odd for someone to think that cat ears and a tail would be heavy. The condescension clearly going over her head.

Her smile would have stayed constant for the most part, until the mention of family was made. That would be the first time her smile seemed to waver, as sadness showed in her deep, dark blue eyes. "Actually I hadn't realized that these trees were owned by anyone, so I do feel bad for eating one of your apples. It was really good! And I wish I could pay for what I took, but I don't have any money, so I was just asking if there was any way I can pay you back," Raelynn would start to speak to her just as cheerfully as she had had to Durion, explaining to her as she had him, that she hadn't realized at all she'd been trespassing..

"But as for my family and where I'm from, sorry, but I can't tell you," Rae shook her head gently, looking to the ground sadly, before looking back up to the demon woman, "I don't remember who they are, or anything but my first name, before a year ago." Scuffing her shoe against the ground gently she sighed a little and shrugged her shoulders.

Vimal

At Nannette's response he would give a light laugh and nodded his head, "Yes, his name is Ambar." Confirming that she was correct he would straighten his body as he studied the girl before him with curiousity. She definitely was not bad looking and so far had a cheerful nature that he thought was interesting. At least she wasn't some stuck up snob or something... Blinking somewhat when she would mention that she liked cake along with colorful things, he seemed unsure of what to think for only a short moment before he laughed and nodded again. "Cake is very good, I can't argue with that." He gave her a light lopsided grin.

"Now Ambar don't forget to thank Miss Nannette for giving you such a nice compliment," Vimal lectured the bird who would look to him, then to Nannette before it pulled itself up again, obviously showing off his colorful feather. A serious of twittering could be heard from the bird. "Ambar says thank you and that he thinks you have very good taste." Vimal laughed relaying the message. "Of course you would think she has good taste since she likes your feathers." He teased the bird with a slight chuckle.

As for Mr. Hatrel he was watching the two of them with a shrouded expression, it would be hard to tell what he was thinking. But after a few moments he would seem to suddenly remember something. "Oh how rude of me, I'm so sorry, I almost forgot to ask you all in. Come in, I'll have some tea and coffee brought up to the study." He laughed lightly as he would speak and gestured towards the double doors of the house, leading the way inside.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

He watched in annoyance and disgust as the girl spoke. His mother’s eyes grow wide and full of pity and he knew that she was going to take in yet another stray.

“No family you say? Oh, you poor thing. No wonder you were hungry! And you must not have anywhere to live either!” She clasped her hands together over her heart and sighed. “A poor, pretty thing like you all alone in this world, how have you survived?”
    Durion looked at his mother and sighed. She was on a roll now it seemed.

She settled her eyes on Raelyn and began to move around her slowly, looking her up and down. As she came back around she stood before the girl and nodded, her face set in a determined expression.

“As punishment for trespassing on our property and for stealing from a noble family you will serve as an attendant for my son Durion. This servitude will be in effect for at least the next two months.” She turned to her son. “You are not to kill her but you may discipline her as you please.”

Durion felt his eyes widen but he held his tongue, knowing full well not to speak out against his mother. Instead he turned, mood worse than before, and stormed off towards the house.

His mother turned her head to watch after him, a little pout on her face. She turned back to Raelyn. “Never mind him, come along. We’ll get you outfitted for work and have a room made. How does that sound?”

Nannette

Nannette smiled happily, glad he wasn’t upset at all. She smiled up at her mother as the woman pushed her gently towards the door and they all went in. She was happy to follow Mr. Hatrel up to the sitting room and plopped down, rather gracelessly, onto a couch.

“This really is a nice place you have sir.” She said. She leaned back, looking over at Vimal and said “your dad told me you’d show me around if I asked. Want to show me around? I’m mostly interested in your yard really. It looks like a nice place to run around.

Her eyes sparkled brightly as she looked up at him, she hopped she wasn’t being too casual but she really wanted to be comfortable around them and she wasn’t good at all that complicated formal speech. She dropped her hands in her lap and kicked her legs cutely, noting that they barely touched the floor. “Oh, and tell me if I’m being annoying alright. I’m trying to avoid that.” Better to be straight forward right?

Raelynn

When asked how she'd survived, Raelynn would've given a little giggle and shrugged her shoulders, "I just listen to my instincts and everything turns out ok." She would tell her with that cheery smile, her tail swaying gently about. Her words while possibly sounding cryptic were actually quite straight forward for her. Watching her as the woman circled her, her expression held only curiousity as she wondered what she was doing.

At the mention of her punishment, Raelynn would tilt her head to the side a little as she pondered the woman's words for a second then nodded, still smiling. "I'll try my best! I've never done anything like that... I think. But I'll certainly try my best!" She spoke cheerfully, not at all like someone who'd just recieved a punishment, her ears perked up happily.

Turning her head she watched Durion stomp off towards the house before looking back to his mother with a slight giggle. "Alright!" She exclaimed as she would grin at the demon woman and followed along behind her, skipping a little bit as she walked while her large dark blue eyes gazed about her in wonder, taking in the things that they passed by.

Vimal

As everyone walked into the house, Mr. Hatrel would order the maids to get the drinks and food they'd prepared for the visit out and bring it up to the sitting room. Doing as they were told, they scurried off while Vimal followed slowly, stopping at the door as he'd speak lowly to Ambar.

"You know how dad is, go on, this won't take all night, I'm sure," He reassured the brightly colored bird softly, stroking it's crested head gently, before it would twitter at him. Nuzzling against Vimal's face quickly, it'd then jump into the air, spreading it's wings as it flew off outside. Catching up to the rest of them then, he'd enter into the sitting room only a moment later.

"Thank you, dear," Mr. Hatrel would thank her with a soft smile and nodded to her compliment of the manor.

As Vimal sat down neatly, his attention turned to Nannette at her question about showing her around, a smile brightening his face as he heard that she wanted to be shown about the yard. That would mean being able to get outside and away from the stuffiness of inside. It wasn't that the house inside wasn't nice, but being around his father wasn't comfortable for Vimal anyways, since he always was making sure to be doing things well. Speaking of which, after she asked him, he would look towards his father for permission, which he would get as the man nodded to show he was fine with it.

"Don't worry, I think you're doing just fine," Vimal chuckled in reply to her as she spoke about avoiding being annoying as he would stand up and offered her his hand, "If I may escort you outside Miss Nannette, it'd be my pleasure to show you about the estate." Still speaking formally, but a cheerful glint was in his eyes as he waited for her to take his hand.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

His mother smiled gently at her, leading her briskly back to their home. It was a large estate, several stories high and several acres wide. It stood above them, looming in its imposing way and the Lady made her way inside as the door flew wide for them on its own.

Inside were polished marble floors and dark, russet walls. This part of the manor was lit by a candle chandelier hanging above their heads and it sent the shadows flying with their flickering light. Both women were illuminated beautifully by this and she smiled again.

“Now girl, Raelyn was it?” she asked turning to face her. “First I find I should introduce myself, I am Lady Ophelia Wilder and this is my husband’s home. You, now a servant of our family, and more importantly my son, are expected to address us with our proper titles. To do anything but could very well result in your discipline, torture, or death. While I have ordered my son not to kill you I cannot have the same rules apply to my husband as this is his house and all he wants will be. I should not find it in my heart to harm you but you may go without meals if rules are broken.” She gave a short pause and looked around. Durion was standing, rather grumpily, at the top of the stairs, glowering down at them.

Ophelia waved to him and he turned on his heal abruptly, storming off again. She sighed, wondering why her son must be so difficult so often. She looked distractedly back at Raelyn a moment later and waved dismissively at her.

“Go with Heather, she will further explain the house rules and have you fitted for your work clothes.”

At this, a young brunet human girl of about fifteen stepped from behind her. “Come with me please miss” she said softly, head bowed, eyes downcast as Ophelia walked away, up the stairs.

Nanette

She smiled, so very glad that he didn’t think she was being annoying or obnoxious. She reached out and put her hand in his, comfortable with the way it felt, and hoisted herself to her feet.

“Awesome, I’m really looking forward to looking around. I’m pretty fond of the outdoors ya know, it’s so nice to be outside in nature.” She gave a cheerful laugh, her face lighting with the excitement of seeing the outside. She figured this would be a good time to acquaint herself with the areas around as she would, one day, be spending the majority of her time around here.
    She was hopeful that neither Vimal nor his father were the kind to keep others locked up all day as he parents used to be, keeping her contained to her rooms and classes so as to make sure she didn’t wander off or get lost, or hurt. They always seemed to worry about her getting hurt… A valid worry she supposed but still, she wasn’t made of glass.

This though led to another, what would he think of her outdoor activities? Of her climbing trees and chasing rabbits and of her wading into rushing rivers just to try and fight the current. She could tell he was one of nature’s children as well, he seemed to be able to speak to that bird so she thought that perhaps he was like her, that he enjoyed being away and out. The happy look in his eyes seemed to agree to that thought and she was overjoyed.

“Lead the way friend” she said finally. Ready to go.

Raelynn

As they made their way into the house, Raelynn would look at everything with big wondering eyes, her ears perked up to show her interest in it all. Although as she was spoken to, she'd turn back to Durion's mother with a bright smile and nodded her head to her about her name with a giggle. Her ears pointing towards her as she listened intently, her tail swayed back and forth slowly, not showing any worry at the idea of being harmed for breaking their rules.

"Ok! I'll try to do it right!" Raelynn promised with a giggle, nodding to show her sincerity in her words. Her eyes would go up to Durion as well when his mother would look up to him, as she'd give a bright smile before he stormed off. Tilting her head she couldn't help but think about how he needed to smile more. He was too grumpy.

Though when she would be told to go with Heather she turned her attention back to Ophelia and nodded with that cheery smile again. "Ok!" Would be all she said before turning and following Heather up the stairs. As they were walking, she would study the human girl first before speaking up.

"So, do you know why he's grumpy all the time?" Raelynn would ask her with laughter in her voice, meaning Durion when she referred to a 'he'. She couldn't help but be curious, as he almost reminded her of a petulant child, which with how large a person he was, made her giggle.

Vimal

Vimal couldn't help but laugh softly at her response about being able to go outside, smiling brightly at her enthusiasm. In the very least, they had that in common, which he would be glad for. Though he wouldn't say anything directly in response to since there wasn't much to say, first turning to his father, and her parents. "If you will excuse us," Vimal would say to them with a little bow, waiting until his father nodded to say he was fine with them leaving. Once he did, he would smile and turned, leading the way out of the sitting room.

As soon as the door was closed behind him, he would let out a sigh of relief, always hating to feel so much pressure in keeping up the proper manners and such. Turning then to Nannette he grinned brightly, "This way, I'll take you out back where all the more wild property is." Vimal chuckled, thinking she would like that more before he turned and led her through the rather large home. Most of it would be made of non-wooden materials with only some wood accents and a lot of indoor plants. Taking her down a back set of stairs to the ground floor, he'd call a cheerful greeting to the servants who returned it as they passed by them and down a hall. Hesitating at the door there, he looked to her with a small smile before twisting the knob and opening the door to let in light.

"Welcome to our little piece of paradise," Vimal announced, standing to the side to let her look out upon the less cultured area. After a well taken care of lawn and everything else one might expect, bordered the start of a forest with new, young and old trees growing healthy and towards the sky, long grasses, flowering bushes and everything. The only real sign of life was a worn path from where someone had walked often enough for a path of their journey to be left. "What do you think?" He'd ask her as he started leading towards the trees.

As soon as he was more out in the open, the call of a bird would be heard before the brightly colored Ambar floated down out of the sky to land happily on Vimal's shoulder, nuzzling him.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

Heather looked back at Raelynn with curious, worried brow eyes. "No, I do not" she said shortly. "T-that is just how he has always been and you'd do best not to anger him." her voice was dropped rather low as she spoke and she seemed extremely nervous. She was, to tell the truth. Most of the staff were actually, always on edge and it was mostly because of their young lord Durion. He often instilled fear in all of them and a girl as young and as small as she was would be especially afraid of someone so cruel and volatile.

She'd never personally seen him angry, and for that she was thankful, but she did hear things from the others, the older girls who tended her mother and who were more often in his company. If the things they said were true, the whispered words about his temper and his violent ways, she worried greatly for this new girl who seemed so naive in her happiness. Heather was rather sadly sure that that smile would be gone from her face in the next week at most, granted she lived that long. Cheerful people hardly ever survived in the Wilder manor, even with its kind lady there to try and help.

Pushing her dark thoughts aside though, she took Raelynn to the servants hall, a dark, candlelit space lined with doors that was rather muggy but smelt pleasantly of baked bread and flowers. Opening the last door of the hall she came to a much brighter room, the first in the house so far using light bulbs that shone just a little too brightly and made the gray stone walls look shiny and slick. The room itself was rather small and cramped with all the things inside, two couches on the left and right walls, chairs lining the back and a plethora of mannequins, mountains of fabric and four sewing machines.

Sitting at one of these machines was a rather elderly woman with a sullen face and dull green eyes. She was hunched over slightly, running fabric under the needle that brought it together.

"Ma'am?" Heather asked quietly.

She didn't look up from her work, only made a soft noise of acknowledgment.

"We have a new girl. She will be young master Durion's personal attendant. She needs a uniform... and a room I suppose."

At that the woman did look up, her eyes wide and a little sad as she regarded Raelynn. "Bless you, you poor child..." she shut off the machine. "Come here, tell me your name and your favorite color. We'll have to make you a special one."

Nannette

Nannette looked around the house with mild interest as he led her toward the outdoors. It was a nice place she guess but she'd never been too much for interior design. She instead let her mind linger on the fact that he'd seemed quite relieved to be away from their parents... perhaps he didn't like his father? No, he was far too compliant with this whole thing to dislike his father, maybe the opposite then? Maybe he wanted to please him? That seemed a bit closer to home. She'd had a bit of experience in the way of wanting to please relative. She'd been like that for a little while when she was small, back when she realized everyone always compared her to her twin but, she'd given up on that and decided to be her own person fast enough. She knew she couldn't please everyone and didn't care to try.

She filed this little assumption away in her mind, perhaps she could use it as a point of conversation one day... definitely not now though, that would just be kind of rude she supposed.

When he opened the door her smile seemed to double in it's happiness. She was most excited about the trees she thought. There were just so many of them growing about like a border and she knew she could have fun climbing and exploring them. She followed after Vimal, walking beside him as she said "I love it" a soft, joyful laugh trailing her voice. "It's beautiful."

She looked up when Ambar's call sounded and smiled. "Speaking of beautiful" she laughed, looking at the colorful creature. "Hello again. Going to look around with us little friend?"

Raelynn

"Well I'll try not to," Raelynn would say in reply to Heather's comment about doing best not to anger him. Though she couldn't help but think that it was a shame that the other girl didn't know why Durion was so grouchy. She guessed she'd have to ask him herself some time.

Following Heather to the servant's hall she looked around, wrinkling her nose a little at how dreary it seemed but when she caught the delicious smells she couldn't help but lick her lips appreciatively. Although she wouldn't try to go find the source since she was currently following Heather for a reason. Coming into the room, she would glance around with curiousity taking in the things that were strange to her. Moving over to one of the mannequins she would move it slightly, wondering about the humanlike object. However at the sound of the other woman's voice addressing her she turned back around and smiled brightly at her before moving closer as asked.

"My name's Raelynn!" She said, giving her name yet again that day with a soft laugh as she'd look over the elder woman with her dark blue eyes. "I think... my favorite color would be... blue!" Raelynn would have to think slightly about her favorite color because she hadn't really though about something like that much in the last 6 months of her memory. But of all the colors in the room as she gazed around, she had to say she like the color blue the best amongst it all. "Why do I get a special one?" She asked curiously as she'd let the woman do as she needed in order to make her a uniform.

Vimal

Having no idea what was going through Nannette's head Vimal would keep his silence as he didn't want to interrupt her thoughts for the moment. There wasn't a lot that he could really think of saying to her for the moment even though he was sure if he thought about if, he would have a lot of questions for her. But he wasn't prepared for meeting her and hadn't thought of any yet...

"I'm glad to hear that," Vimal smiled widely to hear the enthusiasm that she had at the sight of the half tamed wilderness that lay ahead of them. "Father has spoken about cultivating all of our land before but I won't ever let him. Too many animals make their home there and well... I prefer the wildness of it all." He admitted to her with a bit of sheepish grin before Ambar had called to them.

As the bird dropped from the sky to land on Vimal's shoulder, twittering and nuzzling up to Vimal, he would laugh and gave the bird a soft scritching. Upon hearing what Nannette called him, Ambar would spread out his plumage slightly as he would hold himself up proudly and twittered at her happily.

"Careful, you might give him too big of an ego to carry on those wings of his," Vimal warned jokingly with a soft smile gracing his lips as he teased the bird who looked to him with a lokk of haughtiness and turned his head away from him. "Oh you know I love you, you silly bird!" He would tap Ambar's beak gently, getting the bird to snap at the finger before twittering in his cheerful manner again. It was quite evident that the two of them were good friends.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

The elderly woman nodded at Raelynn's reply to the color question and set about taking her measurements of the girl before gathering up the fabric she would need to make her uniform. As she began her work she didn't spare the Neko another glance, stepping quickly around the cluttered room with rather amazing grace for a woman of her age. As she gathered up a bundle of white fabric in her arms she spoke in reply to her later question.

"You child, receive a special uniform because you are special in your duties. You will be an attendant to the young master and so must be identifiable as his. Because he does not often keep his own set of servants he does not have a particular color he favors them to wear. Actually, you will be the first attendant he has had since his childhood when I an several others served as his keepers. Even then he had us wear his mother's red, and always he has had his soldiers wear his father's green. I supposed that you would pick a color away from these two and now, unless he deems to change it, blue will be the color of his attendants... I believe he will be accepting of it, even if grudgingly so."

Her voice was quiet and a little weathered but she spoke clearly enough that Heather could hear when the elder called for her to clear the floor. The younger girl did as she was told, pushing and pulling things out of the center of the room and piling them onto the couches and chairs.

"Thank you child, I'd have done it myself if I could" the woman said softly and shook her head. She pressed her foot down on a pedal that had before been hidden under the stacks of fabric and a section of the floor drew away, a cutting table rising from it. "Far too cramped in here for all this" the elder muttered and set about cutting the fabric. Her work was quick a precise and it was a bit odd how skillfully she could do it with her old hands.

The pieces were separated in a moment and the woman stepped back from the cutting table with a weary smile on her wrinkled face. "Alright now, assemble" she said softly, waving at the peaces and then a mannequin that Heather had drawn closer at some point.

Slowly the fabric shimmied to life and began to move sluggishly toward the mannequin, slowly wrapping around its frame. A few times it placed itself awkwardly and had to undo and regroup but it was obviously turning into a chamber maids dress somewhat like the one Heather was wearing but in shades of blue instead of red. It was forming to be nearly floor length, as was the standard and had, wrapped around it, a white sort of apron around the waist and down the front that tied in the back with a charming bow. It's top seemed to be a bit low cut over the bust, the slightly poofed short sleeves off the shoulder and tied off with little white ribbons as well so as to fit tight to the arms.

The woman watched for a moment then turned to Heather, get her shoes please dear... And have one of the older girls call up to the young master and see what we are to do about her rooms."

Heather nodded and scampered off to do as she was told while the woman, now looking absolutely ragged, dropped down into a chair and heaved a heavy sigh. She regarded Raelynn from her place and frowned softly but said nothing.

Nannette

She looked at the two of them, her eyes cheery at the sight. She could tell easily that they were very fond of each other and she wasn't the worlds most perceptive person. It made her happy to see, and a little sad that she'd never been able to foster such a close relationship with her forest friends. I won't have much to miss at least she thought, somewhat solemnly, before abandoning all thoughts outside of how wonderful this place was.

She let her mind go back to the comment he had made, about loving the wildness of this outside place, and her smile got impossibly larger. "I do believe, dear new friend, that we have quite a bit in common in the ways of nature" she told him. "So, how about we chat about it... Do you like climbing trees? I do personally, it's one of my favorite pastimes. It drives my parents and my brother absolutely batty for some reason, but I love it. I suppose it's mostly because I like being in high up places, but it's also probably because I'm terrifically fond of being in contact with living things. It's so nice, don't cha think?" she asked, looking up at him curiously.

If he liked the outdoors as much as she did this whole marriage thing might not be so bad, at the least they could be friends and she could live with that. She hopped she wasn't being too overbearing or chatty and gave herself a mental slap when those insecurities crossed her mind again. There's no real reason for me to think that. He hasn't called me an annoying twerp yet so I shouldn't assume he's going to start hating me out of the blue she chastised herself, almost slapping her own hand. Almost.

Raelynn

"Oh!" Raelynn would say to the woman's answer in a bit of surprise to hear that she was pretty much picking out the color for all his future attendants with her choice pretty much. She couldn't help but giggle at that thought and how he doubtfully would've like it had she picked a color like pink or orange. Raelynn would manage to visualize the grumpy Durion surrounded by people dressed in one of the cheerful bright colors, and would fall onto her butt laughing. Wrapping her arms around her middle she would laugh until her eyes were tearing up and she was able to calm down, wiping the tears away. "Oh dear that's one funny image," She muttered to herself, and would flash the other two a smile if they were to look her way.

When Heather began to clear the floor as asked by the elder woman, Raelynn would jump to help her, making the job quicker. Once it was cleared and the table came up, her dark blue eyes would widen in amazement and watched as the fabric was managed the woman. Although she would become even more surprised when the fabric seemed to come to life and assembled itself around the frame of the mannequin. "Wow!" Raelynn breathed out in awe, clapping her hands when it was finished, "That was amazing!"

However when the elderly woman dropped into the chair with her heavy sigh, Raelynn's attention would go straight to her as she would look concerned. "Are you alright?" the cat girl would ask as she slunk closer, her black ears drooping slightly along with her tail that had been moving about excitedly beforehand. Now however she suspected she was so tired because of putting together the outfit and that made her feel bad.

Vimal

Vimal and Ambar would have been chatting, Vimal laughing at a comment the bird apparently had made until she responded about the wilderness, his eyes immediately going to her again. Noting her large smile he would be glad that she seemed so happy. Although at her enthusiastic response he would be unable to help himself from laughing, not at her but at just how excitable she seemed to be.

"To answer your question, yes I like climbing trees. There's so many good reasons to like it, like being up high and as you mention being in contact with living things, and it's amazingly fun to visit with the wildlife that make their homes in the trees. Are you sure you're not part dryad?" Vimal would reply with an amused tone, smiling softly to the girl. Asking her if she was sure she wasn't part dryad, he was slightly teasing, having asked with a grin.

He still didn't like the idea of being forced into marrying someone, but watching the energetic girl he was glad that if it had to be anyone it was going to be someone like her that shared the same love of nature that he did. If he had known what she was thinking however, one could bet that he would've told her that he definitely didn't think she was annoying or a twerp. In fact mischievious smirk would curl his lips as he looked to her, green eyes glittering slightly.

"Race you to the forest!" He suddenly exclaimed, "And if you beat me I'll show you somewhere great!" Vimal would give her what he hoped would be added inspiration for the race before he turned and started running towards the trees as Ambar would take off from his shoulder, flying overhead to watch the two of them.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

((Sorry for how long it took me to reply, had some unexpected problems to deal with that left me low on motivation, but it's all good now^^))

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

The elder smiled at Raelynn when she began to laugh, though it was a weary smile, and did not ask why the laughing had come about. She had to wonder, and worry, about this pretty girl wandering into the lion’s den that was Durion’s world. The girl was so happy, and perhaps just a bit naïve but perhaps… she cut off the thought as a wave of tiredness came over her and she pushed a bony hand through her short, gray hair.

On the mannequin the dress was nearly done being formed and she waved dismissively at Raelynn’s concern. “I’m fine child, just fine” she said a little breathily. “Just not as young as I once was” she told her. “Magic can take a bit out of you when you get up there in years, especially when you’re mostly human” she gave another weary smile and a pathetic try at laughter. “Perk back up now… we haven’t seen someone so cheerful here in ages.”

The door swung back open as heather stepped inside with a shiny new pair of mary-jane style shoes not too different from the ones Raelynn was already wearing. “Here you go” she said quietly, handing them off as the older woman stood. The dress was done and she went to fetch it from its place, making little corrections here and there where the spell might have failed.

“There” she said, still sounding a bit tired, “for you dear… You can change in there” she pointed to a little wood door off in the far corner, it led to a closet. “Once you’re dress come out and see us… we’ll send you to the young master and he’ll tell us what to do about your rooming.”

Nannette

Nannette grinned back at the little tease and shook her head, glad to hear him laugh. “Elf and pixie” she assured him. “Not the same but similar.” She was glad to see that he had a sense of humor and was becoming increasingly okay with him, she was pretty sure by now that they were going to be good friends, and would probably spend quite some time out here together.

So wrapped up in her own thoughts though, she almost didn’t realize that he was challenging her to a race. She was able to catch his words quickly enough though and once she did she was off running beside him. Somewhere great? She wondered to herself, well I’ve got to see that! Her legs were short but she had always been pretty good at running, had always been pretty fast. She supposed she got it from her dad. Rushing towards the tree’s she picked up her speed and hoped she could beat him.

((It's fine, I've been kind of busy with my family and all anyway so it wasn't too hard to wait. ^^))

Raelynn

Raelynn would nod giving the elder woman a soft smile when she was assured she would be fine. Giggling a little when she was told to perk up because they hadn't seen someone so cheerful in awhile. That seemed a little silly to her, but she would keep that to herself as that would be when Heather came back with the shoes. Blinking at them, she would giggle and nodded her approval, glad that they were like her own shoes. Not that she was picky, but she did happen to like the style of her shoes as they looked cute on her, she thought.

Watching as the adjustments were made she would smile brightly when it was finished and both the dress and the shoes were offered to her. Taking them carefully in her hands she would nod and smiled. "Alright, I'll be just a moment!" Smiling she would go over to the closet and opening the door she would look in a moment before stepping inside and closed the door. Thankful there was enough room to move about, she would still be careful not to bump anything as she pulled her dress and current dusty shoes from herself, folding them neatly together, before she pulled on the new dress and shoes. Looking down at herself she couldn't help but giggle as she spun in a circle, delighted at how it looked.

Grabbing the knob she eased the door open before stepping out and closing it behind her, before she pranced towards the middle of the room and spun about to show the dress off. "Its so pretty! Thank you!" Raelynn exclaimed her delight before she swooped down and threw her arms around the elderly woman in a hug.

Vimal

Hearing the mix that she would tell him that she was, he would nod his head in agreement. Similar in some ways and vastly different in others, it was still an interesting mix. Smiling to see her smiling still and that she seemed to be enjoying herself, which he was glad for since he was technically his guest and all.

Laughing when he noticed that she hadn't quite heard him at first but soon caught on and raced to try and catch up and beat him, Vimal stretched out his legs as he ran quickly, letting the wind flutter through his longish white hair. He hadn't done anything like this since he was a child... and just running freely like they did was something he had missed.

In the end, he would barely lose out to her as he came to a stop, leaning against onne of the tree's. Huffing to catch his breath, while chuckling lightly he would shake his head as he considered the girl, showing her a smile.

"Wow your fast!" Vimal exclaimed, sucking in a deep breath, "I haven't had a real challenge like that in ages!" Laughing lightly as Ambar came down from the sky and landed in the branches above them, he twittered softly. "And Ambar says it's about time I got my ego deflated somewhat." He relayed the words faithfully before realizing exactly what the bird had said, his eyes widening as he looked to the bird. "Hey! That's not very nice!" The bird twittered in response. "Oh yeah, well who gives you your favorite treat hm?" Ambar would blink down at Vimal, giving a contrite call and look, causing Vimal to laugh softly again.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

The elderly woman smiled when Raelynn hugged her, giving her a light squeeze back. It had been quite a while since someone had hugged her out of happiness and it was rather nice. "You're welcome dear. It looks very nice on you... Now, go along with Heather here and she'll take you to see him... Be careful alright. Come down to see me any time. My name is Charlotte by the way... Everyone calls me Nana Charla though." she gave another smile, this one a little better than all the rest, and sent the two girls out.

Heather looked at Raelynn once they were outside of the little room. "It looks good on you" she said quietly, motioning to the dress before turning rather swiftly on her heel to head down the corridor. "Follow me... Young Master Durion is waiting for us." Her voice dropped as she spoke his name, she really did seem rather afraid, but she kept on. She led them out of that corridor, up another set of stairs and through two more halls. All were dimly lit by sparse candle light and the sunshine filtering in through the curtains from outside. It wasn't an unpleasant place to be, not particularly dreary but still it seemed... off some how.

They went down another hall, this one very quiet, in all the others you could hear the dull shuffle and sound of people at work and occasionally soft voices speaking but this one was silent. Doors lined the right wall, the left was windows, and at the end was one larger, grander door. Heather approached it cautiously and knocked slowly, biting her lip softly as she waited for reply.

"What?" came a gruff voice from behind the oak door.

"I bring your attendant young master..."

A long silence came between them and then finally. "She is to come, only her. You are to wait there for further instruction."

Heather stiffened and looked worriedly back at Raelynn. "Yes sir." Her brown eyes cast a worried glance over the girl and she mouthed 'be careful' as a lock clicked on the door.

"Come, now!" Durion snapped from behind the door.

Nannette

Nannette laughed at the exchange between boy and bird. She found that they made quite the cute pair those two and she knew she'd love to get to know them and see them interact. "Glad you had fun" she said breathily. She had taken to leaning on a tree as well, her breath coming in quick short bursts that were gradually slowing. "I haven't had a really good race with another person for a while either" she laughed. "My brothers no fun anymore you know."

Her smile persisted as she tilted her head back and closed her eyes. "Glad I wore flats and not those insane heals mom wanted to put me in." Another laugh as she looked his way. "So, you mentioned that you would show me something great if I beat you? I do believe that I beat you so... Let's go see it hm?" she questioned.

Her yellow eyes sparkled with grand curiosity as she pushed herself gently off the tree and stretched. Boy did it feel nice to run outside after spending her whole morning cooped up in her room.

Raelynn

"Thank you Nana Charla!" Raelynn would say appreciatively once she let go and the woman had spoken to her. Giving a happy wave as they left the room she would follow Heather faithfully, her tail swaying back and forth in a slow manner that showed her good mood, her ears twitching to take in the sounds that they passed by. Although when Heather would compliment her, Raelynn would have giggled and smiled, "Thank you Heather." Every time she spoke it'd be easy to here the pure honesty that she used. A side effect perhaps of her naivete but she was not a manipulative sort.

Peering around with curiousity near to that of a kitten's she would take in everything that she passed, but unlike a kitten she had the impulse control not to stray from her course. Humming softly to herself since Heather would be quiet she followed faithfully, stopping beside her when they came to a stop at Durioun's door. Jumping a little when she heard the gruffness of his reply she blinked at the door and giggled softly at having been startled.

Although the girl was kind enough to mouth be careful to Raelynn, it was lost on her as she wouldn't worry so much. She couldn't really comprehend the idea of why she should be as afraid as Heather seemed to be. "See you later Heather!" Raelynn cheerfully waved in parting as she placed her hand on the doorknob and turned it. Easing it open, she would freeze a second as she looked back to her. "And thank you for being so nice," She smiled brightly to her giving her a grateful look before she slipped into the room and let her eyes search for Durion.

"Hello again!" Raelynn would chirp happily as she would lift her hand in a wave to him if she saw him. "Didn't they do a great job?" She asked as she would take the bottom fringe of her skirt and twirled around happily to give him the full view of the uniform on her, and causing her soft sky blue hair to fan out around her at the same time.

Vimal

At her declaration that he hadn't had a good race in awhile either, he would have chuckled, enjoying that she considered their race to be a good one. Although when she would mention her brother he would look to her and he smiled lightly. He hadn't known that she had a brother, not that his father had told him much to begin with anyways. "Well then he's definitely missing out," Vimal laughed with a soft smirk.

Hearing her mentioning her mother trying to make her wear heals, Vimal would make a silly disgusted face. "I don't get the appeal of those things. How can you run in them, let alone walk?" He chuckled softly, shaking his head. When she brought up what he said about showing her somewhere great if she beat him, he would nod with another laugh. "Of course, I wouldn't go back on my word, m'lady." Speaking playfully, he would push back some of the brush as he moved to it and gestured. "Follow me."

Once she started into the rest of the forest, Vimal would follow behind her until he could move to her side in order to lead her the way that they needed to go down. The forest was a thing of beauty, well cared for with the magic that ran through Vimal's veins from his family having maintained it for centuries. It was jungle like in how bright and colorful the foliage was, with many different species of flora growing all around them. Now and then if she was watching she'd be able to spots different species of animal going about their business in the forest. Squirrels jumping and leaping amongst trees and nibbling on their food, deers blithely grazing on grass and the like. But he wouldn't be stopping for any of it, as beautiful as it may have been.

Eventually the scent of fresh water would reach their noses as they followed the faint path and Vimal would stop shortly before leaving the cover of the forest. "Alright, this is my second favorite place. I hope you'll like it," He would tell her, his emerald green eyes sparkling gently with anticipation before he turned back and pushed his way out into the clearing. It was a large area with a natural lake that stretched out before them the water clear and blue sparkling under the sunlight. About half of what they could see clearly had a sandy beach that extended down into the waters that lapped at it's shores. As they came out there would be a couple of deer standing at the water's edge a slight distance away so they would be undisturbed as they lapped at the lake's water.

"So," Vimal started as he turned back to Nannette, his eyes glittering, "What do you think?"

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

The young demon sat at the desk right corner of his room, writing busily in a worn, leather bound journal. He didn't look up from his writing immediately when Raelynn walked in but did manage to catch her twirl. She was very pretty, he had to admit, but she still grated on his nerves with her cheerful attitude.

"You are to speak only when spoken to" he said in response to her greeting. "And I plan to speak to you little." He stood from the desk, slamming his journal as he did. He rolled his shoulders, his back popping, and ran his hands through his hair with a sigh before letting his gaze settle on her again. "I will keep this short... My mother has requested, since you are my only attendant, that I keep you here. You will stay in this room, and this room only, you are not to touch my things, you are not to speak to me... And" he gave a sigh "you will accompany me when I leave this room. Do you understand?"

He rather dreaded the thought of having her follow him about but it was what his mother wish and, while he would never admit it, he was a mama's boy. He almost didn't want to listen to her this time though.

Nannette

Nannette followed him with wide eyes, examining the forest eagerly and smiling at all the animals they passed by. It was so beautiful and she was almost tempted to pick a few of the colorful flowers spread about. Instead she followed Vimal, noticing that he wasn't really taking his time to look, naturally, he's seen all this before she thought with a laugh.

When he stopped so did she and nodded to him, silently wondering what his favorite place was if this was only second. She followed him into the clearing and let out a small, happy gasp. "It's beautiful" she said, far more quiet than she had been at any other time so far. "What a beautiful place, I love it" she told him, a wide smile on her face. She turned to him "thanks for showing me... would it be alright if we stayed out here for a while?"

Raelynn

At being told that she was to only speak when spoken to before he made the comment he intended to speak to her very little Raelyn would pout prettily but nodded her head. Listening to what he said about where she would be staying she looked around the room then back to him, ears drooping a little at being told not to touch anything or to talk to him. But she would perk up again when told that she'd get to accompany him whenever he left the room. Nodding again she would smile very brightly.

"Yes, I understand," Raelynn would tell him cheerfully before thoughts crossed her mind, "Although, I do have some questions. Where do I sleep? What do I do when I get hungry?" Speaking steadily and quick, but not too quickly she would tell him she had questions before asking her questions as she bounced lightly on her feet. Tilting her head a little, her black ears were perked up with curiousity and her tail flickered behind her gently as she watched him. She had more questions but she was smart enough at least to know that they would offend him if she were to ask, so Raelynn decided to hold onto them for now.

Vimal

Every now and then, Vimal had glanced back at her, flashing her a smile to be on the friendly side as he didn't want to make her think that he was being rude or anything like that. When they came out into the opening he would stretch outwards, almost like he was reach for the sky as Ambar flew over head, coming back down when Vimal finished his stretch. At Nannette's statement of it being beautiful he would nod his head in confirmation. He believed it to be beautiful as well. Although at being thanked by her he would turn a grin to her.

"Your welcome," He stated simply, just not feeling like there was much to the moment that needed speaking about. However as he was asked if they could stay there awhile, Vimal would grin and laughed happily. "Definitely!" He nodded and put a conspiratorial look on his face, "I tend to stay out here a lot myself until my father comes looking for me." Telling her his little not-so-secret secret he'd chuckle, before a heavy sigh left him. "He doesn't let me spend as much time out here as I'd like to, that's for sure." It was an idle comment, not really thought about before being said before he would blush lightly and looked to her. "Not that I mean to bother you with it." He quickly siad, trying to shrug it off.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

He watched her, listening to her questions, grudgingly glad that they were good ones. He looked around the room, eyes settling in the far left corner. A long couch sat there with a book case beside it, a small wooden table in front of it. “Move the table” he told her with a dismissive wave toward it “and the couch pulls out into a bed. That is where you will sleep. “As for your meals, you will come to each with me. You will not be eating with my family and I, you will eat with the rest of our servants in the kitchen.”

He thought for a long moment, wondering if there was anything else he should tell her. He looked her over again and nodded. “I’ll have a nightgown sent for you… Leave your clothes on that table” again he motioned to the little wooden fixture “to be cleaned.” He sighed and ran his hands through his hair, it was out of its usual tie and falling down his back and shoulders messily, the dark black and deep purple strands contrasting with the white shirt he now wore. He had been trying to relax but her arrival had put an end to that. “I’ll get you sheets tonight…” another sigh “any other questions?”

He hopped she wouldn’t have any, but he figured he should get it out of the way. As frustrating as this all was he wanted it to be over with, wanted her quiet and himself relaxed before he had to go off to dinner. That was always somewhat of a fiasco nowadays, what with his father being so stir crazy. They needed another war, another battle, something. “You are also never, under any circumstance, to speak with my father without me present. If he addresses you, you answer only yes and no questions and let him know you are… mine.” He cringed to say it.

“He is a dangerous man.”

Nannette

Nannette was glad to hear that they could stay for a while and walked toward the lake, ready to sit. She looked at Vimal as he spoke. She shook her head when he blushed and waved off his comment. “No bother at all” she told him. “I understand what you’re talking about completely. My parents are the same way.” She laughed cheerily, nodding her head. “They’re always trying to keep my inside. Don’t know why though, nature’s in my blood after all” she gave another laugh and dropped down on the ground, sweeping her sundress up under her.

“I noticed inside, you seemed really relived when we got away from our parents. Your dad keep you under pressure?” she asked it with a tilt to her head, rather uncaring for a moment but then frowned and clapped her hands over her mouth, dropping her head. “I’m sorry. That was rude, wasn’t it? Sorry!” She sighed, mentally slapping herself for that rather rude comment. “I didn’t mean for that to be insulting at all… I’m just kinda forward… um…” she felt a hot blush rise onto her freckled face and drew her knees up, dropping her head between them. “Sorry!” she gave a nervous laugh.

Raelyn

She would watch him as he looked around the room, nodding when he would tell her that the couch pulled out into a bed, and then when he would tell her about when she would be able to eat. Raelyn didn't really care about who she got to eat with, she was just glad that she wouldn't have to worry about searching for food when she did get hungry. "Ok!" Confirming what he said with a bright chirping tone, she would tilt her head with a flick of her ears when he lapsed into thought. Nodding some more when he spoke about where to leave her clothes and a nightgown.

Her eyes would be attracted to the colors of his hair, blinking at how pretty she thought it looked, distracting her for a moment so she wouldn't answer his question about her having any other questions immediately. However her attention would go back to him as she would frown softly, trying to think of anything else she wanted to know. She still wanted to know why he was so grumpy, but she didn't dare ask that because she'd been chased away by quite a few people due to that sort of question. So she'd learned the hard way that was a bad question even if she didn't mean anything bad. "Hmm, nope I don't have anymore right now!" Raelynn answered with a giggle and smiled brightly at him.

At hearing the way he spoke about his father, her eyes would grow wide again and she tilted her head slightly with curiousity. "Ok, I'll try to remember that!" She nodded firmly because he seemed so serious about that, but she wondered why a boy seemed to be so worried about his father talking to her.

Vimal

He would be glad when she waved off what he had said and told him it was no bother. Vimal couldn't help but feel bad about the idea of making someone think badly about his father from one of his comments. As she mentioned what her parents did, with keeping her inside a lot he would wrinkle his nose a little and shook his head, "It's such a shame, I'm sure they'd enjoy it if they let themselves relax to," He chuckled softly before realizing he'd said something about her parents, people he didn't know... making him flush slightly again.

Moving over to beside where she had sat down, he stood, looking out over the lake until he heard her asking about his father. Looking down at her softly with his deep green eyes, he would be about to respond before she clapped her hands over her mouth and then apologized about being rude. Chuckling he would shake his head and sat beside her, gently bumping her shoulder. "No, I don't think it's rude. Curious and maybe a little nosy, but definitely not rude, " He spoke in a good natured manner, joking when he mentioned nosy, "And I don't mind."

Sighing heavily he brought up his hand to run his fingers through his white hair, combing it back from his face before he gave her a gentle grin. "But your right, I was relieved, and I guess you could say he does keep me under pressure. Not on purpose mind you, but he thinks I should be a lot different then I am and I know he just cares. So I want to make him happy, but a lot of what he wants from me is a lot, or so it feels like sometimes. Especially when it comes to this arranged marriage business!" When Vimal started speaking the words would seem to just come pouring out and before he realized it, he was sure he sounded rude to her.

"Sorry! I didn't mean it any bad way towards you Nannette," He apologized quickly, wincing slightly at himself for being sure he'd been rude to her. "I just don't think it's fiar to force two people into marriage." Vimal admitted a little red in the face, as he looked over the water.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

Durion nodded, rolling his shoulders as she spoke. He noticed her temporary distraction after his question and wondered what had caused it but dismissed the thought quickly as it was really not that important to him. He did note, however, that she was very expressive and, while it bothered him, that could be very useful or a serious hindrance. He'd watch and see which one it was, no doubt he'd be able to use it to his advantage at some point. At least it wasn't hard to read her at all. That was always good.

With no further questions from her he began moving back to his seat, motioning over his shoulder at the couch. "Sit. Quietly" he commanded, pulling his chair back to resume his previous writing. He very much wanted to get back to his little moment of relaxation and hoped that he could ignore the girl there. However, it seemed he wouldn't get his quiet moment. Not just yet.

As he moved to sit three sharp knocks resounded against the door. "Young master?" Came the meek voice of a male, perhaps no older than sixteen. He growled, a low, guttural sound, and turned slowly towards the door. "Enter."

The door opened slowly and a young, lanky youth with oily brown hair and gray blue eyes walked in, his tall frame slouched to make him appear smaller. He was dressed in red, a mark of the Lady of the house, and holding what may have been an outfit or a blanket. "T-The Lady of the house asks that you try this on... It's an outfit... for the banquet..." his voice trailed off as he watched Durion's eyes darken slowly. The cool gray darkening to a stormy, near black color.

"Tell her, I do not wish to attend" he said sharply, his voice low.

"B-But... y-young master she-" the boy flinched away as a heavy, crystal paperweight struck the wall beside his head. Fragments broke off, flying away to land messily on the floor.

"Out now!" Durion ordered harshly. "Before I decided to punish you for your disrespect."

The young man didn't heasitate after that, quickly bowing before dashing out of the room, the door closing heavily behind him.

Durion, eyes still dark, mood now as near to terrible as possible without him needing to go kill something, turned sharply on his heel, hair swinging wildly about him, and fell heavily into his chair, muttering to himself in an agitated voice. He reached to grab his pen and watched it snap between his fingers almost immediately. He swore, quite a bit, as ink splashed over his desk, hand, and shirt.

Frustrated further he cast away the leaking remains of the poor writing utensil and slammed his fist down on the desk, sending a crack down the length of it, a dent appearing where his fist came down. He groaned and then sat, motionless save for his breathing, slowly speeding up as his rage grew and he tried to control himself, lest he wreck his room, again.

Nannette

She smiled a little when he commented on how her parents would probably enjoy relaxing more. It was true, they probably really would. They'd also probably be in a better mood.

When he bumped her shoulder she looked up at at, her smile growing as he let her know it was okay. She gave a little giggle when he called her nosy, she'd been called that before but never in a nice way, and gave a nod. "I tend to be curious" she said absently, cheerfully. She was glad he was so nice, lesser people probably would have yelled at her for that comment but he really seemed to be a cool guy.

She watched as he ran his fingers through his hair, thinking briefly about how soft it looked, and grinned at her. She listened to him rant, her smile growing slowly as he went on. She liked it when people spoke truthfully, and that's exactly what he was doing. She felt the same way really, not completely the same but still, it was similar.

She was a bit surprised when he started apologizing and found that it was her turn to bump his shoulder now, leaning into him gently for a moment as she gave a cheerful laugh. "It's fine, don't worry. I feel just about the same way and I know you don't mean anything by it." She gave him a reassuring smile, her yellow eyes soft and gentle, calm for the first time today. "It's not fair, not at all, but it seems like we gotta do it" she sighed and leaned back, looking up at the clear sky, she reached a hand out to it for a moment, wanting to grab it. "It seems like we have to, for whatever reason... The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few right? It's kinda one of those situations... kinda... er, well, it is for me at least" she gave a tired laugh and hung her hand, letting her arm drop.

"We ought to make the best of it at least? Right? It seems like we're working on making the best of it right now... We don't hate each other after all... well I know I don't hate you" she smiled cheerily. "And neither of us has tried to run away or anything. I think it's going okay so far."

Raelynn

"Ok," Raelynn frowned softly as she was told to sit quietly, two things that she really wasn't all that good at. But she said she would try and thus she would, as she would skip on over to the couch where she flopped down and tucked her hands onto her lap. Staying silent she would watch him as he went over to his desk and went to get back to writing. Although as she would hear the door being knocked on her black ears would flicker about gently, glancing back to Durion when he would react with aggression. Blinking at him, she would tilt her head and just observed him for the moment, curious as to why he seemed so easily upset.

While she proably would have ended up moving about by then, she had something to focus on and that would the situation unfolding in front of her. Her deep blue eyes would widen as she saw Durion treating the poor boy poorly just because he happened to be delivering a message he didn't like. Although she also couldn't help but wonder why he seemed so upset about the banquet that was mentioned. Flinching in sympathy when the crystal paperweight hit the wall, she would shake her head. That was just terrible! Flattening her ears she felt bad for the poor frightened boy.

Waiting for a few moments once he'd sat down, to see if he would say anything for her to do, she would bite her lower lip, getting a bit on the antsy side. However as he broke his pen and got so angry that he slammed down his hand to crack his desk she would jump with surprised yelp, certainly not having expected that, and the loud sound having startled her.

Raelynn was concerned, he seemed to get so angry so easy, it couldn't be good for him. What could bother a person so much that he was so terribly upset so often? Her legs would begin to bounce up and down after that, the energy that she contained not wanting to still. Her tail flickered back and forth lightly as she began to softly drum her fingers over her knees, making sure that she didn't make any noise. He'd said to sit and be quiet, not that she couldn't move about, which would've been impossible anyways.

Vimal

At her statement about being curious he would chuckle and nodded to her, "Being curious isn't a bad thing, I think," Vimal would tell her with a smile. It was how things were discovered and figured out. If people weren't curious, they wouldn't be where they were today after all.

When she would bump his shoulder when he had apologized, Vimal couldn't help but chuckle softly that she had done so after he had. It seemed that they were more alike then he had started to think already, and it was amusing. Also quite nice, because if he had to marry her, then getting along would be much easier. Hearing that she agreed with him, he'd give her a soft lopsided smile and nodded. She was right that the reasons at least for it were reasonable at least. Of course he didn't know why she had to, but the fact she seemed at peace with the idea he figured it wasn't a bad one either.

"Heh, guess it's my turn to be curious," Vimal chuckled softly again as he looked over the yellow eyed girl, "If you don't mind me asking, why is it like that for you?" He asked her gently, as he didn't want to maker her feel like she had to answer if she didn't want to.

"I certainly don't hate you," Vimal laughed as she spoke about them not hating each other, "In fact I think you seem really nice so far, and I'd enjoy being friends with." Flashing her a smile, he would turn back to look at the water before nodding firmly. "You're right, it's definitely going ok so far."

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

"Shut up!" Durion yelled when Raelynn yelped, not completely with himself and aware that he'd heard her. Anger still rising, breathing still speeding, he took the journal from his desk and rested it on the smaller bookcase beside it. That in place he stood slowly, his body shaking now, and braced his hands under the cracked desk. With a near to furious yell he flipped it, sending it crashing into the wall to his left. All contents on the table, a lamp, two piles of paper, a cup with other pens and pencils, and one more paper weight, fell to the floor with a ringing crash, almost completely swallowed by the sound of the desk slamming the wall, breaking fully in half, and falling to the floor.

His hands clenched and unclenched rather furiously, his nails piercing his palms as he did. He closed his eyes, trying not to scream again. He hated this, hated it so much. He wanted it to stop, he wanted to be weaker, wanted to be no one, wanted to be human. "No" he spoke to himself in a soft, barely restrained voice. "No, never, never not ever not again" he muttered darkly.

He looked over at the broken desk, then down at his ruined shirt and stained hand. He swore again and turned, eyes settling on Raelynn. "You, girl" he pointed at her, pausing his train of thought as he noticed her movement and the expression on her face. He disregarded it. Hand shaking, arm shaking, body shaking. "I am going... to go take a bath. Do not open the door. Do not touch anything..." He eyed her warily, wondering if he should tell her to clean up and then decided against it, he didn't want her touching his things.

Instead of speaking again he turned, there was a door, not far from where the desk now lay, and he went though it, shutting the door, surprisingly gentle, behind him.

Silence swallowed the room for a moment without him there before the main door slowly pushed open. Ophelia popped her head in, making a tsking sound as she looked about. "Silly boy" she sighed, walking into the room. She looked over at the antsy neko, eyes curious and mildly worried. "Has he gone to his room? Goodness, not again."

Nannette

Nannette looked at him, returning that gentle smile as he asked why she was in this predicament. She'd been glad when he said being curious was a good thing and was glad that he didn't mind being curious as well. Though he was quite gentle about it and was glad he didn't seem to want to force her to talk about any thing. She shrugged her shoulders and leaned back again, closing her eyes as her smile continued.

"It's a bit confusing so, if you can't follow tell me... I have a brother I told you earlier. He's my twin and younger by about fifteen minutes. He's the perfect one, and the one who wants to take over dad's business one day... Well, since I'm older, I'm technically the one who's supposed to get it. I don't particularly want it by the way, but dad insisted. Anyway, some stuff happened about three years ago, bro found out I'm the one who would have gotten the company and lost it. He's been giving us the cold shoulder ever since." She sighed, opening her eyes again, leaning forward to look into the water.

"Dad didn't want to lose bro" a frown crossed her face "everyone loves he more than me you know, he's the better twin after all..." she shook her head. "So, he decided, if I marry well, I won't need the company and if I marry wealthy I won't need to inherit as much and so, here we are" she leaned back again with a laugh, her face lighting up again as she spread her arms in a gesture towards their surroundings.

"He arranged everything with your dad about a week before he told us all. I marry you, bro gets the company, everyone should, in theory, live happily ever after."

She laughed at her own little fairytale reference and looked over at him. Her smile was genuine but seemed a little less radiant as she shook of the remaining thoughts of her brother. "I'd like to be friends with you too." she confirmed. "You're pretty nice too."

Raelynn would jump from being startled a second time when she was yelled at, causing her to fall off of the couch with wide eyes, this time her tail puffing out like a kitten that had been scared. Blinking big dark blue eyes at the mess that he would cause just from having such a temper, and a bad reaction to him startling her. That would just mystify the girl beyond all belief. Tilting her head she watched him trying to gain control over his temper from where she sat, her black ears twitching gently towards him as she heard him muttering. Never again what?

Blinking up at him again when he pointed at her from where she was still sitting on the floor, she would nod softly when he told her that he was going to go take a bath and not to touch anything. Although she would consider asking him if he wanted her to clean up because she really couldn't exactly do nothing for much longer. Normally, Raelyn would be walking or doing something to occupy herself. But he would walk away first and disappeared through the door.

When Ophelia looked into the room she would still be on the floor having not decided what to do quite yet. Seeing her entering the room she would flash her a soft smile before she would climb to her feet and waved at her. To her question about him having gone to his room, Raelynn would nod her head . "Why is he so upset so much?" She would burst out with the question, unable to hold her tongue anymore. Even if she couldn't ask him directly, she had to ask someone who might have a better chance at knowing.

Vimal

When she would mention that it was a bit confusing he would nod softly and chuckled, wondering if it was really that confusing of a situation. Leaning back on his hands, Vimal would listen to what she had to tell him about herself and her twin brother.

As she would get to the part where her brother had thrown a fit and refused to talk to anyone just because he wasn't the one to inherit their father's business would cause him to blink at her before he shook his head. That was just downright immature in his view and the fact that her parents had gone out of their way just to smooth things over with him certainly didn't help matters any in his eyes. Of course he would let her finish telling everything before making any comments.

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with that," Vimal said with a shake of his head. "Your brother sure doesn't sound so perfect if he couldn't get over something like that. I mean, I can understand getting upset if it mattered that much to him, but acting like that?" He sighed and tilted his head to look up at the sky. "You two might be twins but I'd hazard a guess you really aren't much alike, huh?" Vimal would give a slight chuckle when he'd say that, looking to her from the corner of his eyes.

Hearing from her that he was nice too, he'd blush a little and smiled to her, "Great to hear that." Falling into silence after he spoke, he'd let his gaze drift back to the lake as he sank into his thoughts for a few moments, before he would sigh again and looked to her. "Wish I knew why my father had decided to make the arrangement. He didn't tell me until it was all set as well." Picking up a flat stone near to where he sat he'd chuck it across the water, letting it skip across the surface before speaking again. "Although I think he might have done it because he was afraid I'd never get married if he left it up to me." Vimal spoke laughingly with a shrug of his shoulders.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

Ophelia looked at the startled Neko on the floor, momentarily frazzled by her question. No one had ever asked that outright before. It was a bit surprising. She looked to the door through which he had disappeared and then to the girl again and decided that, if she were to live with and work for him she should know at least something about him. After all, the more she knew, the safer she may be and Ophelia was not one to wish misfortune on others.

She made sure the door was shut behind her and then went to sit on the couch that had once been occupied. "He has his fathers temper is all" she said, rather dismissively. "He's been that way since he was a child, always very volatile and rather disagreeable." She sighed softly and brushed back her hair from her face. "It's rather troublesome sometimes but I know he doesn't always mean it... poor thing."

She looked down at Raelynn again "don't bother him when he gets this way though. He can be dangerous when he's angry... far too much like his father" she muttered this last part. She looked around "he's gone and made such a mess... though I suppose it's better than last time."

Nannette

Nannette smiled and shook her head "nah, it's okay. Bro's always been a bit immature, but since he's the one with all the manners and the book smarts, not to say I'm not smart too, he's always been preferred. I'm used to stuff like this... though it's never been as drastic as getting married just to keep him happy." she shrugged her shoulders, laughing at his comment.

"We're as different as day and night the two of us. And I'm perfectly okay with that. I like being me, I'm sure it's much more fun than being him." Her smile turned to a grin as she spoke.

She looked at Vimal as he spoke but turned her eyes to the skipping stone as it flew across the water. "Why not ask?" she questioned softly. "If you wanna know." She considered his proposal that his father feared he might not marry if it was left up to him and furrowed her brows in though. "Maybe" she shrugged with a little laugh of her own. "I think my parents might feel just a bit of the same way. Gosh, parents are weird."

Raelynn

Raelynn hadn't meant to frazzle the woman with her question but it had been burning at her to ask and she figured if she was going to end up asking one, she would probably be the best one to ask for both an answer and to least upset. Even the innocent and naive girl knew that asking him directly would probably end quite badly.

Once Ophelia had sat down on the couch, Rae would seat herself neatly beside her to listen to what she had to say about her son in answer to her question, her ears twitching curiously as she listened with wide eyes. However the dismissive manner that Ophelia treated her sons temper with would sort of concern Rae. She wouldn't say anything because she didn't exactly know how to word what she was thinking without worrying that she would come off as offensive to her. "He just seems so unhappy," Raelynn would murmur slightly, looking off towards the door that Durion had gone through, her deep eyes turning soft as she seemed to space out for a moment.

Snapping out of her thoughts as Ophelia mentioned the mess that was there, Raelynn would nod her agreement, chewing lightly on her lower lip for a moment before tilting her head. "Should I clean it up? Although he did tell me not to touch anything..." Not knowing what to do, she would ask the woman's advice. As she had promised before she intended on making sure that she did her very best, but having no experience prior certainly made things difficult for her to figure stuff out.

Vimal

"That's good, since you seem to be such a great person," Vimal would say with a soft chuckle as she spoke about liking being herself. He certainly was enjoying being around this girl... It wasn't often he got such a chance to relax, always worrying about one thing or another. But she was what he would normally be worrying about, however with her carefree nature and similar interests, she made it easier for him to not have to actively worry.

Though when she mentioned asking his father, Vimal had to give a soft laugh as he shook his head. "My father doesn't like being asked questions about what he decides. Never known why, but when I used to do so all the time because of being curious, he would just tell me I was being annoying and then ended up shutting himself away for the rest of the day," He explained to her why he didn't ask his father much of anything anymore. "So I eventually stopped asking." Vimal shrugged his shoulders with a sigh.

Looking to her face when she mentioned that her parents might be the same way, and that parents were weird he couldn't help but outright laugh with good humor at her comment. "I have to agree with you there Nannette. They are very weird," He replied with a slightly lopsided smile as he studied her.

"Say, would you want to see my favorite place in the entire world?" Vimal would ask her suddenly. Normally he didn't show this place to anyone at all, not even people he had been friends with for many years. It was a place that he held dear to his heart and partly feared that if he did show someone, they would do something to it, or something along those lines. But he got the feeling Nannette was different. Out of everyone he knew, he had a feeling that she would appreciate the place, and wouldn't do anything to harm it, since she had a great passion for nature as well.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Durion

Ophelia looked at the Neko curiously when she made her comment. "Happy?" she asked quietly. "He hasn't been happy at home since he was a child." She shook her head, a humorless laugh leaving her bright red lips. "He's been trained that way." her voice dropped and her eyes darkened, temporarily both wrathful and melancholy. "He can only be happy in one condition."

She sighed and folded her hands neatly on her lap, looking down at them for a moment. "My poor baby..." This was muttered and the wrath left her eyes, now full with melancholy for a moment. She dragged herself out of it though, eying Raelynn again as she posed her question.

"You may clean it, if you wish... I've sent for a mage though to mend the desk, it's gotten far too troublesome to buy a new on every time he has one of his fits." She shook her head again, this time in a disproving manner. "Just pick up the scattered items, the papers and all... there should be a broom around her somewhere- Ah there" she pointed to the left of the small book case. There was a broom and dustpan sitting there. "Sweep up the broken bits and put what's okay on this table."

She pressed her palm gently to the wooden surface before them then leaned back into the couch. "I'll stay until he comes back. I need to speak with him anyway, if he wants to get mad at someone about cleaning up his mess it best be me." She looked at the girl again and gave a gentle smile, her eyes now rather devoid of emotion, passive. "Go ahead if you like."

Nannette

"You think I'm a great person?" Nannette asked? She was way more astonished than her voice let on. No one had ever gone as far as to call her a great person, not even her best friends who often thought her annoying and overbearing. How nice it was of him to say that, how kind. She realized then that she quite liked being here, with him, and that he was on a fast track to becoming her best friend, and possibly one of the first real friends she'd ever had, seeing as how all the others liked her for her status more than for herself.

It was nice, so nice, to have someone who understood and shared her passion for the outdoors, for nature, and for life. It was wonderful, so wonderful and- and he was talking again. She pulled herself out of her thoughts and listened, frowning lightly at what he was saying.

"No offense but, it's not quite fair for your father to get upset like that just for asking a question. You should never stamp out a child's curiosity." Her frown deepened as she crossed her arms over her chest "in my frank opinion he should have told you why he didn't want you questioning him instead of locking himself away to avoid your questions... Not to be rude or anything... I'm glad that you agree with me."

Her frown disappeared, replaced by an almost shy smile as she shifted away from that topic slightly and listened to him again, watching him intently. "Your favorite place?" she asked softly. She had noted it when he'd said this place was only his second favorite but she'd decided not to ask about his first, first favorite places were often private and secret, she knew that, she had one of her own... kind of.

She felt rather honored at the invitation, wondering if anyone else had ever been there. She nodded "sure, of course I would. I'd love to see it!" her voice was controlled but excited, her smile wide on her face, her eyes bright, curious, and happy. "Show me, I'm sure it's amazing."