Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yaoi Lovers- Unite! {Group Recruitment}

Loool, Teal'c/Daniel scene is win. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan Cat View Post
    F-yes. 8D Though I much, much prefer Richard Dean Anderson as O'Neill than Kurt Russel.
    But Jack O'Neil // Skaara for the movie too~
    Heck yeah <.< A thousand times yes to both.
    I loved Skaara. I can go ahead and say Skaara/Ra, too, just because I loved both so much lol

(ooc)

Umm... I'd like to join. I did alot of yaoi fanfiction, comics, and rp in the past and I think I'm pretty good at it!

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar
    I loved Skaara. I can go ahead and say Skaara/Ra, too, just because I loved both so much lol

Yes~ <3 Skaara's just epic, even when he's taken over by a Go'uld.
    Also, Ba'al // O'Neill. Ftw.

Umm... I'd like to join. I did alot of yaoi fanfiction, comics, and rp in the past and I think I'm pretty good at it!

Comics even? What a multi-talented girl you are~! I've done my fair share of hurt/comfort yaoi fics in the past. So basically shounen-ai.
    Question: are you really in Japan, like your 'location' says? if so, whereabouts?

One of my favorites is Momochrome factor. It hints yaoi in the second episode then the rest of it is flirty. Some of my other favorites is Kire Papa, Junjou romantica and its following series Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. I have others I like. I just can't remember them at the moment ^_^"

Sex Pistols. All the way. Even if it hasn't finished. xD

I won't deny that the Sex Pistols manga is good, very good, but the OVAs so far have disappointed me. (Though maybe it's just my own rediculously high expectations of anime that makes me feel that way. DX )
    STA

I dun watch anime at all, and hardly touch manga nowadays. So I haven't seen 'em. Care to give me a brief description~? : D

Well, they took roughly half an episode to complete almost all romantic interactions between Norio and Kunimasa. Then they took the second half of that episode + another half to complete the relationship between Kunimasa's brother and the class president. Then they took the other half of the second one to introduce and complete the story of the two bears. Unfortunately, in their haste, they took away a lot of the good parts- and most of the relationships seem kinda forced to me. As for the rest of it, they haven't aired it- though they teased in the opening that they might.
    Last edited by onestar; 07-01-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    STA

Baw, no snake and mongoose? Those guys were my favourite </3

Nooooope; or bat and eagle. They were my other favorite. I don't know if they're planning to release a third OVA- but they have a lot of story left to tell.
    STA

Humble Farmer With a Sword Moonfleet's Avatar
    So I was scrolling down and I saw something about Torchwood and I think I might've done a not-so-small fangirl squeal.
    I love Torchwood. And Ianto and Jack are so lovely. ;-;
    I'm actually majorly fond of canon pairings. I like being true to the author's wishes. I guess I'm weird. xD I'll venture into slash occasionally, but it has to at least seem to have a grain of truth in the original source.

Oh, and hey. I decided to invade here too. 8D

:D Yeeeeeey Moon!

Anyway, I watched Torchwood very casually. Like, extremely casually- just when I could find time. I still managed to become a huge Ianto/Jack fan- the only thing better than slash is cannon slash. It is so very, very rare though! D:
    STA

pfft Jack Harkness does it with every thing, though I liked him with Doctor Who the best, personally. I have found that British shows are far more accepting of single gender couplings, at least in general. There are several British shows I watch in a number of varying genres with single gender partners.

@onestar- Hah, I know what you mean. I wish more shows would give us canon slash. D:

@Aerion- I agree wholeheartedly about the British shows. :3 That's one of the reasons I love them so much, is because they're so accepting of same-sex relationships. They've been that way for a long while, too.
    I feel like Jack in Torchwood and Jack in Doctor Who are very different because of the different audiences for each show. I feel like Jack in Torchwood is a deeper, more complex character, since it's an adult audience. Meanwhile, he's more fun in Doctor Who because it's a kid's show. He's also got a lot less responsibility in DW than in Torchwood, so that could affect him a bit.
    Sorry, didn't mean for that to be a character analysis. xD I do that...-english nerd-

I would agree, shows that take place in the UK do tend to be more open to homosexual relationships. I wish I could give you tons of examples, but the only one that is invading my brain is Queer as Folk, hehe.
    STA

Ah, I loved Queer as Folk. <3
    Some of the modern comedies are starting to dip their toes in same-sex relationships. I'm trying to think of the name of the one I was enjoying...It treated all relationships equal, which I thought was absolutely fantastic. Like, the gay character would casually be dating someone and it wouldn't be the focus because it was just a relationship, like the other heterosexual couples. Not exactly fodder for canon slash, but refreshing nonetheless. :3
    Last edited by Moonfleet; 07-03-2011 at 03:09 AM.

tangent response >.>- I, personally, saw him as the same Jack only growing with time and responsibility. When we first met him on Doctor Who he was something of a rogue on the run. He flirted with EVERYTHING (yes thing, robots included) and didn't have a role of leadership or even much desire for one. In torchwood (both because it IS aimed at adults and because he was set up as the leader) we got to see his depth of character grow substantially. Btw Dr Who isn't a "children's show". The Sarah Jane Adventures was a kid's show, Doctor Who is just family friendly so it can't show gore or sex. It still has more depth than a children's show, though ;p.

I see your point, and I can agree with that. :3 It does make sense, when thinking about how we've seen Jack over the time he's been involved in the shows.
    Really? I'd always heard Doctor Who was really for the younger audience in Britain. Not that I love it any less for that, hah. Goodness knows it's terrified me more than some of the other more adult shows I watch now. xD

lol it is categorized as a "family show" which means enough depth and interest for adult with out being TOO scary or lewd for children. Though I must admit it gave me a new phobia, ha ha.

As for Queer as folk, that one comes from the U.S. but is based on a British series.

The True Blood series has a few canon same sex relationships. Of course, one of the 'main' side characters is a black make up wearing gay man living with the struggles of prosecution in the south, so ya can't help being open in that case.

How ever, both of those series are not on basic cable, and finding same gender cannon pairings on basic cable series is next to impossible.

The original "Queer as Folk" is from Britain, and has the same name. So that one comes from the UK. It's like the office, I suppose- wherever you're from is the one you're likely to have heard of.

Recently there's been this one show I've seen on prime time where one of the characters was gay but not different at all from his two heterosexual guy friends- I didn't even know he was gay until he mentioned it explicitly. I can't remember the series name, but it's relatively new. :/
    STA

You say that like it's a bad thing? xD;

My "gay husband" doesn't immediately peg as 'gay'. His boyfriend isn't that hard to figure out, but I think most people would take awhile to figure my friend out even when he's with his boyfriend, unless they're more in private and can relax a bit. Part of it is just the nature of being gay in the South and part of it is just the fact that gay guys aren't necessarily any different than regular guys. He's had real, genuine crushes on Liv Tyler and Anne Hathaway and while he primps and fusses more than I do, it's all in a way that would read as "metrosexual" rather than "homosexual" to most people.

I haven't had the opportunity to hang out with him in several months because of different schedules and him living several hours away, but I don't think he'll have changed because he's started living with his boyfriend. While I'm not suggesting anyone thinks all gay guys are flaming, lisping, sashaying types, they come in types at the other end of the spectrum too. I think my friend might be what I've seen called "straight acting", though I don't know enough about the gay community to know what the context of that phrase is. (In the sources I found it in, it seemed to be something they found a little kinky, and the character(s) in question bragged it's like dating a straight boy. lol.) And I'm not sure if it's something I really want to ask him about. LOL.

Sorry for rambling and don't worry that I'm all fussing about it. I didn't see the way they're using the character, after all, 'cause I don't know what series you mean. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Your "gay husband"? Is he a close friend or did you used to be married before he figured out he was gay?

Sterotypes only show two types of gay people but there are so many other types out there.

You say that like it's a bad thing? xD;
    Ooooooooh, no. I love it- I was upset that I couldn't remember the name of the series. I was really touched, actually, since it portrayed him as having two best friends (who were straight) that didn't judge him or get squicked out when he mentioned being gay- the fact that he was gay was neither played for laughs, nor was a big part of the plot at all. It was great! :D
    STA

Haha. xD I forgot to explain the joke, sorry. xD

When we were working together, he was the manager and I was just a worker. One day it was just the two of us there and it was close to Christmas and he just didn't have time to do shopping. So he told me to go out (on the clock) and go buy his boyfriend something specific across town. He gave me his card to use and the story - something he insisted on - was we were married. Just got married. October 31st. Yeah. So we hadn't had time to change the cards in my name, but here was the work number and his cellphone number if I ran into any problems. I never did have to use the story, but ever since I've joked he was my "gay husband". xD

(Besides, "gay bestfriend" sounds odd to me. Like those people who introduce people that way.)

@onestar - Oh okay then. xD That is great. And more and more common IRL, so it's realistic. :x
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    Haha. xD I forgot to explain the joke, sorry. xD

When we were working together, he was the manager and I was just a worker. One day it was just the two of us there and it was close to Christmas and he just didn't have time to do shopping. So he told me to go out (on the clock) and go buy his boyfriend something specific across town. He gave me his card to use and the story - something he insisted on - was we were married. Just got married. October 31st. Yeah. So we hadn't had time to change the cards in my name, but here was the work number and his cellphone number if I ran into any problems. I never did have to use the story, but ever since I've joked he was my "gay husband". xD

(Besides, "gay bestfriend" sounds odd to me. Like those people who introduce people that way.)
    OK Thanks!

Most of the gay guys I know, including my best friend, are actually not flaming at all. xD They're just normal guys who like guys. -shrug-

Yeah, the flaming, fashion, player gay guy is a bad stereo-type.

Most of the self-identified gay guys I've met online were some degree of the stereotype. xD I'm not sure if they feel like they have to play it up online or if they are in a habit of joking around about it and it just becomes a sort of "shell" around their true character that they're not aware of.

/pointless addition
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I definitely don't think sexuality defines you as a person; you don't exactly go up to a person and say, "Oh, by the way, have I mentioned I'm heterosexual?"

Edit: I think some people really do enjoy acting in "stereotypical homosexual" ways- even straight people do it. However, sometimes I do believe individuals are pressured to hide behind the stereotype.
    Last edited by onestar; 07-04-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    STA

Yes, I have a lot of yaoi comics and fan fics. My friends said they're little too discriptive sometimes. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    Answer: No, This accout is a oc's account. I don't want people to like stalk me or nothing. But, I did live in Osaka for a short time. (About a month)

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I totally agree~!