Login to your account

Thread: Zombart

Zombart

I'm really out of practice! xD But I thought I would share anyway, since it might be cool later on to draw some peoples characters. (and whoa I really need to improve)

Sketches

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

Colors

[x]

[x]

A lot of these are pretty old except for the first two sketches and those are just headshot doodles.

I'm okay with critique, and I like positive encouragement. Things I need to work on are backgrounds and just all around perspective and stuff. And doing more dynamic posing. I think my biggest issue is finishing things though.

So yeah. =D

Links
    Tumblr
    deviantArt
    Last edited by Zomby; 08-28-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    "The bittersweet tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

Oh, your style has kind of a... Uhm... Forgot the artist's name... this going for it:
    http://hanna.aftertorque.com/

Only a touch more realistic and less pop-y? There are other artists with similar styles but that's the one whose name I remembered first. xD

I fully encourage more arties. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

That is... very flattering. I really would never have expected that association before. I adore her art so much. Thanks for that, haha

Yeah I'm kinda stumped on where I want to go with it, style-wise. On the one hand I'm doing life-drawings all the time but on the other I really do love cartoony stuff. =3 I guess I just need to experiment more and I'll figure it out.
    "The bittersweet tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

There's also an artist who does a lot of Harry Potter fanart (mostly Lucius Malfoy - or those are the ones I see pop up most often). But for all I know, they could be the same artist. >_> I'm so out of touch with the art community right now!

In any case, you're welcome. xD

And I know what you mean about being torn between two lovers like that. xD It's hard sometimes wanting to lean this way and that with one side being realistic and the other side being more stylized. It can be a struggle sometimes figuring out how much of each you want to use and adopt into your personal style. :B I admire people who develop their own distinct style early and work on improving it rather than being wishy washy like I am. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

You are talented! You handle shadows and lights very well too.
    I hate drawing backgrounds... I just should keep on practicing them too but hey, perspective is more fun to play around with. :'D
    You only need to keep drawing! ^^

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

These are pretty good sketches!

Woop! Thanks you guys. <3

I actually had a huge breakthrough with perspective. Couldn't wrap my head around it (because I'm dumb) but Stan Lee's explanation helped. Thank you Stan Lee and your How To Draw Comics book.
    (despite that I still haven't drawn much for settings. failure.)

Anyhow here are some more sketches because I am a sketch machine. [x] (too lazy to fill empty spaces)

I should really open up a requests thread or something just to get myself to make finished art. D:
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

I hope to finish this one. I'm not sure whether to put Sh'Yama (the one not in a dress) in a suit or not. I also need to make it more obvious that the one in a dress is in fact not a woman. ffff been staring at this sketch too long and can't clearly see what is off.
    Last edited by Zomby; 02-09-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

Those are lovely! You definitely do seem like you've got perspective down, it's always been one of those things separating people who draw from good artists. I know I can't get it right. ^^

I actually have a heck of a time with foreshortening but trial and error I guess.

Man, I have been gone forever. Jeez maybe I can join some roleplays one of these days.

Some new stuff to post. =3

Last edited by Zomby; 02-09-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

Looks good like always! I still like the "flowing" of your style - it doesn't feel forced in any way.
    I'd like to see more animals, though. Currently going through an animal drawing phase myself.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night