Login to your account

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wait... What happened?

[Oh lawd. ]

I had no clue what I had done wrong, if I had done something at all. All that I knew was that I hadn't heard from Jewels for a few days... It was strange at how quiet she was being. She at least would text, call... Something. I couldn't get her over the phone or through text so I honestly just pulled up and stepped out, looking around for a moment.

[Hey, I had to. We needed a twist. xD ]

"Jewels!! He's here!"Another girl from downstairs yelled. I felt my heart sink and I sat on my bed, Maggie sitting beside me and rubbing my back. I heard the door open and his deep voice fill the sorority house. I heard his footsteps and I stood up, turning my back to the door, trying to breath. Maggie walked out into the hall, and I heard them exchange words... Oh god...

Maggie never talked to me... I mean... Never. At most she and I would exchange glances as we passed each other in the hallway. After maybe a minute or two, Ifinally moved on past her despite her attempts to get me to talk with her, and I rounded the corner to her room. I hadn't seen her without a sweatshirt in the time I had seen her... And now... In a tanktop, it was pretty clear. "Oh my god... Jewels..."

"You don't have to say anything, Derek,"I said softly, folding close the box I had been working on and setting it on the ground. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. If I did... If I looked at him my own thoughts would win over my father's... I knew I could stay, I knew Derek would stay by my side and everything would be okay... But, my father was furious... Not at Derek... At me.

I took her hands gently and it was obvious to me how she was stuck between returning home like she was told, or staying... I knew she knew I loved her. There was no way she couldn't have. I lightly reached out and locked my eyes on her s as she looked up into my own. I leaned down and kissed her slowly, pulling away and noticing how Maggie started to leave. "I want you to stay..."

I could feel the tears in my eyes when he took my hands, and the salty flavor of tears was stuck on my lips after we pulled away from the kiss. I took a shaky breath, staring up at him,"How? How am I supposed to stay like this? How am I supposed to graduate?"I asked, choking on my own tears for a moment.

I noticed how she was starting to become hysterical, and in response I reached out and took her into my arms, holding her against my chest as she started to sob. "It'll be OK... It'll all be OK..." I whispered soothingly before pulling away from her slowly, looking down into her bloodshot eyes, wiping the tears before kissing her cheeks. "If anything... You can take a semester or two off... I'll get a job, you can move in with me... We'll be fine..."

"You can't have a job and study,"I said softly, shaking my head. My hands were wrapped around his back and it took me a moment to catch my breath. I sighed heavily and looked around my room,"Derek... I'm really scared..."

"I know... It's understandable that you are... Honestly? I am too. But we can't be scared for the rest of our life... If anything, it's for them..." I whispered before running my hand over the small bump on her stomach. I kissed her lips softly, just once attempting to comfort her as much as I could. I could feel her shaking...

I finally gave into the kiss, returning the tender touch. I slowly pulled back and looked into your eyes,"So... We're going to do this? We're realling going to try and raise this kid?" It was scary as hell... I wasn't ready to be a parent, hell, I was still a kid myself!!

I noticed the fear in her eyes even as she tried to ask me if we were ready. I only responded with a nod before letting my hand travel down her arm to her hand and letting our fingers tangling softly. "I will do my part... It's a matter of what you want..." I whispered before giving a soft smile at her. I didn't want to tell her what she needed to do... The fact was, this was more important than what she wanted for lunch...

I leaned in and rested my forehead against his, sighing,"I still want to be with you... If you'll take me... I want to try and make this work... All of it. Us, a child, school... All of it."

I looked into her eyes as she leaned against me, kissing her lips tenderly with my own. "Of course... Of course..."

[Timeskip? ]

And we did just that... I unpacked my room, and I stayed at the college... My father disowned me, but I spoke to my mother when he wasn't home. The pregnancy wasn't intolerable... Morning sickness now and again, back pains and swolen feet... My cravings never got too bad, by my stomach was getting HUGE. The girls would come with me to appointments when Derek couldn't... It all seemed okay for awhile.

I guess it was just a part of pregancy, she was the happiest she'd ever been some days and some days she was in tears at how... The world was against her, other than I, I suppose. I walked calmly into her room and sat down on her bed, feeling her lean against me without saying a word. She looked a bit better today... More in the middle...

"Feel,"I said softly, taking his hand and placing it on the shockingly large buldge I called a stomach. I had been laying here, feeling the baby kick at me. Derek was so good... With all of it. Us being friends since we were twelve helped since he was with me though most everything anyways... It was different actually being with him, though.

I felt the gentle push on my palm as the baby boy inside her kicked and applied what little pressure it could against her skin. "Awe... Hi there, little one..." I kissed her stomach softly, grinning down at her with my eyes locked on hers as I sat back up. I brushed my eye gently, feeling a sudden drop filling my eye up. I guess it was starting to hit me... I was a dad.

It was normal for tears to be shed a lot... But never from him. I felt my heart swell and I sighed softly, grinning at him. I kissed his cheek softly,"Still ready for this?"I asked, raising an eyebrow.

I gave a soft smile before looking into her eyes, letting them fall onto her stomach, kissing her cheek as she looked at me funny. "Of course I am, my love..." I whispered lowly as our eyes met once more. "I couldn't think of a better situation to be in..."

"I love you... Both,"I said gently, smiling as I looked at my stomach. We knew it was a boy, and he would be coming in a few weeks... It was crazy how quickly, and yet how slowly, it all had gone by.

"I love you two too..." I shot back before leaning in and kissing her neck tenderly. I stood up and took her hand. It was crazy... The girl I couldn't see myself with back in middle school was carrying my baby...

I stood up as well, with his help, and I smirked softly. The sound of a siren slowly filled the room and I frowned. Maggie came in and shook head,"It's all over the news... Tornado warnings all the county... We need to move down to the basement, come on!"She was gone in a flash. Great..

I helped her down the stairs as quickly as we could move, standing almost awkwardly in a group of women, standing hand in hand with Jewels and our child. I searched for a bit, and came across a fold out chair, actually... Well, folding it out before letting her sit down. I kissed her hand sweetly for a bit before holding it against my cheek.

The storm came on us quickly, and we all sat in the farthest corner we could from the door and window. It wasn't the best storm shelter... But it was better than anywhere else. I could hear the window and the thunder, see the flashes of lightening, and the rain sounded like a beating drum...

"Is there a leak?"Someone asked,"There is water everywhere!" Suddenly voices filled the room and I reached down, feeling my heart sink,"Derek,"I said, fearfully,"Derek my water broke..."

My eyes were locked on the window as I heard her voice... Then her tone... Then what she had actually said. I almost broke my neck, or at least it felt that way, yanking around to face her before sprinting toward her. I noticed her expression, obviously panicked as I took her hand and held it to my chest. "Maggie!" I called into the forming crowd of people. She stepped forward soon enough and I asked in a bit of a rush myself... "Where's the nearest clinic?..."

"Are you crazy? You can't go out in this!! You'll get all three of your killed!"Maggie said, shaking her head... I was scared... Terrified... If we did go out, it was sure death.. If we stayed.. Our baby could be born here, in the basement...