Login to your account

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: speak of the devil

Meredith said nothing about her torn skirt and simply walked over and petted the cat in jacks arms " hes cute." she commented " reminds me of my little jack jack." she added and smiled

" I don't see why all your pals seem to hate him so much. hes a good dog. cant hurt much either." she said softly and looked up at jack but kept petting wink who kept clawing at her. she didn't mind though a few scratches wouldn't hurt any one.
    Keep calm, and call batman

“Cute? He's a menace.” Jack grinned at Wink trying to scratch Meredith, but the girl didn't take a hint. She kept trying to stroke his head.

“I don't like that you named a dog after me.” Jack admitted. “Twice in a row to.”

“It's not that we hate him, it's that he's going to cause trouble. We can't be havin' some yippy dog biting and barking. The terrier isn't useful. Just a mouth to feed. At least the cats hunt the rats. If we didn't have em felines, the rat issue would be bigger than it is now, lass.”

“You're an idiot for touchin' Wink.” Jack stated flatly. “He's not going to warm up to ye like ye want.”

Wink was getting so uproarious, that he sprang out of Jacks arms and hissed forcfully. The musty black cat walked off, his butt facing the two of them.

" I got him when I was 7 only a couple weeks after I was told you had drown." she said softly then looked at him " and my pup isn't yippy. he eats what ever I give him. so its not like you have to feed him to much plus he wont bit or bark. its just a new place." she said and nodded

"Well, if he does bite, I hope ye don't start bawlin' about us hungry lads eatin' the-"

“Black-Jack, your times up.” Smith called to him.

“Right!” Jack waved. Then he took Meredith's hand. “Time for bed.” He told her.

“I get four hours of sleep, and then it's work again. So don't bother me.”

“You can either sleep too, or stay up with the men.”

Just as Jack was going to make a risque comment after he said that, there was a change in the air. Jack looked up at the night sky and all of the sailors stomachs lurched. Clouds were gathering. Peering over the Ocean, Jack's features darkened. The waves were picking up. Suddenly the wind began to roar.

“STORM!”

Meredith looked up at the clouds. " what do I do?" she asked a hint of panic in her voice. she griped jacks hand that was already holding his. quickly she droped his hand and blushed gently " do you guys need me to help with anything?" she asked watching the waves roll violently over eachother. it was going to be a bad storm she could tell already.
    (ooc- sorry drama going on with me and this girl making it hard to concentrate! grr.)

“You? Help?” Jack didn't laugh this time. “Don't be ridiculous. Get to the room, and pray. That's what you can do. If you stay on deck, you'll die. I guarantee it.”

Shoving her to get on with herself, Jack ran into the chaos of men pulling ropes and rigging. The Ship was being tossed now, and no one could say if they would survive. It was only a week into sailing, and it was just a month more until they hit their distention. Now it seems fate was blowing a new course for them. Where will it lead? And what would they find? As the waves crashed over them, taking a soul or two to the depths, Jack wondered if he should have given Meredith that hug. Suddenly it was a big deal to him.

“DAM IT!” Jack yelled. A cannon he was lashing down had scrunched his hand. It wasn't useless, but it bruised and hurt like hell.

“DON'T MESS AROUND JACK, IT'S A STORM NOT A BREEZE” Hex shouted, a mean grin on his face. He used the same words on Jack that Jack said to Hex a while ago.

“WHERE'S THE GIRL?” Clint called.

“LOWER DECKS” Jack answered.

“ARE YE SURE ABOUT THAT JACK?” He asked.

“AYE, I AM...WHY?”

(ooc-After your post, I'd like to suck the ship into a whirlpool, and then spit them out into a fantastical magical world...Is that okay with you? Meredith will get to talk a whole lot more out of the Ship. ^_^)

Meredith stood there stuned that he had pushed her she watched him run over to his lads. she sighed and watched the wind was picking up. her torn skirt was flying in all directions she ran over to jack and wraped her arms around him. she didn't care if he didn't hug back she just wanted t ohug him.

she heard the crew screaming and yelling as they tried to turn the ship Meredith just hugged jack softly. she felt his arms go around her in turn her head went on his shoulder tears going down her cheeks and splashing onto his shoulder " I don't want to die"

Clint nodded behind Jack, just as he felt her arms grab him. For the briefest of moments, he felt he should knock her off. They were in a storm and she was holding him? No wonder women weren't allowed on board. The sentimental creatures were liable to kill ya! Jack grumbled angrily at his crew who gave him a look that meant 'Ye brought it on yerself lad!' And they went to do more work, but not before saying.

“TROW HER OFF, IF SHE DOESN'T BITE THE BULLET AND GET BELLOW DECK!” Hex yelled. Jack nodded and slipped an arm around Meredith, looking to her, she declared she didn't want to die.

“THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YE DOING HERE?” He yelled over the roar of the sea. “I TOLD YE TO GET DOWN BELLOW, YE STUPID- UGH.”

“GO BELLOW, YE CRAZY WOMAN!” Jack demanded of her. Then some men began shouting curses and whaling. Jack was holing steady to the rail, with Meredith in his right arm. He looked to where they pointed and he saw the largest most powerful whirlpool there eve was.

“OH SH-” Jack clenched Meredith to his chest as Le Petit Diable began to tilt. The whirlpool was sucking them in. So this is how they die? No epic pirate battle, no legendary loot to comfort them when they retire? Jack recalled an old saying. What the sea wants, the sea takes... Thinking this was all the time he had, all he was going to get, Jack locked eyes with Meredith...and kissed her.

The Ship sank into the whirlpool...and was never seen by mortal men of Earth again...

(ooc- So, I assume you don't mind my idea, since you didn't say anything against it. ^_^ What I as hoping, is that Meredith and Jack will be forced into equal company when the Ship surfaces in a mythical land. This will give them the time and social environment to fall in love for real. They're still pirates, so that will be a good conflict, but there will also be other things to survive against. My next post will be the Ship surfacing. I'd like to read what Meredith's reaction is and I wonder if she's convinced it was a meaningful kiss, or if she thinks he's just sneaking a last kiss in before death.)

Meredith was shocked. she was about to scream in terror at seeing the gigantic whirl pool just as jacks lips crashed into hers. hard as the breeze was hitting her bare skin. she blushed gently yet it went unnoticed. there was no way that was a real kiss. he probably just wanted to kiss some one before he died. last kiss sorta thing. if one of his mates had been next to him he probably would have been holding him instead of her. she thought. the kiss had nothing to do with her infact, it only had to do with death.

as they were swept into the whirl pool Meredith clung onto jack tightly holding layers of fabric from his clothing in her clenched fist. of course she was terried who wouldn't be? " bye jack.." she said thinking they were going to die she at least wanted to say bye this time.

the last thing she heard was all the crew screaming and moving about then it all went dark.

then light again. where the hell were they!?

“Bye Jack.” It was barley hearable, but he knew what she said. Now he felt kind of cruel, kissing her just to kiss someone. As the darkness enveloped the two, he did not let his gaze stray from her beautiful eyes.

Then it was silence. Yet, he was still aware of himself. Then like the creeping vine the sound of the waves grew louder and soon it was an unbearable roar like nothing he's heard before. He knelt down, and held Meredith and the rail all the tighter. Wind tor at him, water splashed so hard that it stung his skin. He could hear men yelling and falling all around him. If it wasn't for the rail, Jack was sure he'd be dead by now. He closed his eyes, shielding them from any debris that might fly at his face. Just as quickly as it began, it stopped...Jack felt warmth on his face.

The sun? It was just night, was it not?

“The hell?” Jack opened his eyes wide. They were no longer in the middle of the Ocean, but instead next to a gleaming green island. The golden sands were not more than a mile off. Jack stood up, still holding Meredith absentmindedly. His jaw dropped.

“Where are we?” He heard a voice. It was Hex. So then he survived. Jack looked around. He saw Hex, Clint, Smith, Kale, Casey, and Loch. The rest of the lads, may they rest in peace.

“Where's Fritz? And the Cap'n?” Jack let go of Meredith, not bothering to see if she would follow him or not. He went down the stairs and there was Fritz, unconscious, but alive. Jack raised him up, and dragged him to a Galley table. A swell of a bruise on his good friends head.

“I need a cold rag...” Jack said it to himself, but hoped he could even find one.

Meredith found a rag and dipped it into the water then ran over " move."she said softly pushing jack gently out of the way. she dabbed the bruise, gently. " and you said I was of no help." she said softly glancing at jack " can one of you figurie out where the hell we are??" she asked she looked at fritz " hes gonna be ok. he'll wake up soon." she said then kissed fritz forhead gently " that was mean jack how you kissed me..."

“Hn.” Jack grumbled when she didn't hand him the rag. He moved over all the same and watched as she dabbed Fritz's forehead. Even gave it a kiss. As if Jack couldn't dab someone head!

“I'll have to ask the Captin...” Jack crossed his arms, when she spoke of discovering their location.

“That was mean Jack, how you kissed me.”

“Pirate.” Jack replied casually, as if that fixed the whole thing. “I'll get a look at where we are, you just stay here with Fritz. Don't get into trouble, I have a feeling you can...” He trailed of as he went up to the top deck.

“Black-Jack.” Kale walked up to him.

“Not now, Kale, I need to find the Ca-” Jack shut up. Kale was holding Captain Red Tooth's hat. It was an elegant tri-corner, the once red and black pluming feathers were now broken and wet. Kale handed it to Jack. The lad just looked it over with sorrow. The Captain had been like a father to him.

“We need a Captian, Black-Jack...” Kale spoke. “We're voting right now...”

“What about Fritz?” Jack said, not looking up from the hat.

“Fritz won't mind it, and ye know that.” Kale placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. “Come on lad, let's go.”

Jack walked slowly, thinking over what this meant. Did they even have the body? They should bury the Captain. It was right to do so. But no one could ignore their predicament. They needed a Captain. And now. The only men left stood in a circle, names were called out and Jack was shocked when no one raised their hands at all...except for one name.

“Jackson Edmond Dantes.” Smith turned to Jack. “You're the new Captain.”

Bellow deck, Fritz was just waking. He had been asleep for the vote, but he knew something was going on up there. The first thing he saw was a pretty young maid. He smiled crookedly and spoke with a raspy voice.

“Have oi died?” He asked, hoping it was true. “Are ya an Angel?”

Meredith giggled at fritz comment " no your not dead, and im no angel." she chuckled " how you feeling though? you must of hit yur head when we went into that whirlpool." she said and looked at him

" jack was pretty worried. he must care about you." she said softly and touched his forhead with the cloth again. " I think I herd them voting for a new capiton.... im sorry..." she whispered she hadn't got to meet the cap'n so she couldn't say he was a good man or nothing, but she figured he was since jack had a lot of respect for the guy.

thinking about jack she rembered jack jack " jack jack!!" she cried and ran down the stairs and opened the door it was flooded down there. water spilled out when she opened the door. she wiped it off her face then saw jac jack who was shivering with coldness. Meredith grabed her little terrior and held it against her " its ok jack... I got ya" she whispered

"Ah, it's a shame then." Fritz sighed, referring to her comment about him being alive. "But I disagree, ye are an angel."

"Unfortunately, I'm feelin' joost foin." His accent bleeding through his efforts to sound proper, when asked how he felt.

"So, the cut throat Cap'n Red Tooth has finally keeled over?" Fritz sat up, taking the rag. A little rough, but then again, he's a pirate. Still, he acted as polite as he knew how. "Votin' with out me eh? Could only mean one thing..."

"Jack-Jack!" She yelped. Fritz chuckled as she ran off, following her, he saw who it was she was talking about.

"Ah! A nice right dog ye got there, lass." Fritz scratched Jack-Jack's ear. "Had me a hound once. Loyal animals they are, dogs."

"Best be getting on deck though, ta meet the new Captain." Fritz motioned for her to follow. As soon as they got up, they saw everyone had dressed the new Captain up in a red coat and new hat.

Meredith giggled seeing it was jack who was the new capitain. " good job jack." she said and smiled softly at him then set jack jack down.

jack jack shaked off the left over water that was covering his fur, then ran over to jack and licked at his ankles. Meredith " jack jack no!" she said and picked him back up quickly " sorry jack. I know you don't like him very much." she said then looked away

" I think the next step is to figure out where we are." she said " It was night when we went into the whirl pool but here its day..." se continued looking confused. some of the pirates were talking amongst them self it appeared they were trying to figure out where they were. every one was wondering, how they even got here. youd think if you wnt down in a whirl pool youd end up under water, but they were definently not under water. the water in this new land was clearer then the one they had been sunk into, the trees were brighter more fruit and flowers on their branches. to be honest the place was just over all prettier then anything Meredith had seen before.

“Good job Jack.” Meredith giggled.

“Hm.” He grumbled. He didn't want to be Captain. His eyes narrowed.

“Well, Captain Jack-Rabbit. Looks like ye got a crew to care for.” Fritz laughed, slapping Jack's shoulder. “Ye dream come true!”

“The land is strange.” Kale spoke, a bit gruffly. “Never see a thing like it before. And the water. It doesn't look salty Cap'n.”

“Yeah, I see that.” Jack flinched at being called Captain. He wasn't enjoying this not one bit. Red Tooth was captain. Not Jack. Jack was- Jack was Jack. He wore the coat of a captain, but didn't feel good about it. He liked Red Tooth.

“Well Captain?” Smith broke in.

“I'll steer her to the shores, we'll get the small boats and check things out.” Jack walked over to Meredith. “You are coming with me. To the captains cabin.”

Meredith nodded '' ok.'' she said and followed him

once they were in the captains cabin she looked at him " you don't want to be captain do ya?" she asked playing with the hem of of her torn skirt. her skirt pretty much was about md thigh length now. it had been cut down alo mainly from the cat. it was torn in all directions little strips of fabric flew every where as she walked.

" this place is pretty. but strange." she comented not expectiong him to answer she sat on one of the chais watching the water. it was beautiful but It looked abnormal something wasn't right with this place.

"Shut up, about me being captain." Jack grumbled as he shut the door. Going over to the windows at the back he opened one and barfed. The nerves he was holding together had to be let go. Wiping his mouth, he turned to Meredith.

"Look, I don't know where we are, what we'll find here but..." Jack seemed kind of freaked out. "...you'll be expected to get off, and leave. They don't want you here, they want you gone. I'm sorry. But I'm a captain now and the biggest responsibility is to the well fare of my crew. I can't keep watch on ya anymore."

Jack sighed and sat down. "Didn't know any of this was going to happen..."

"So, port or not, the first people we find..." He wiped sweat from his brow. "You're gone."

(ooc- Their attempt to toss her, will end up getting them into trouble with mythical creatures. ^_^ Sorry I took so long)

Meredith wiped at her eyes " you don't want me here either do you?" she questioned " I know that kiss was fake." he muttered " your a bastard jack." she said " I don't see how fritz is friends with you." she said then walked out jack jack barked at jack then followed her.

Meredith sat alone on the deck away from every one. she wiped her eyes carefully. why was he being so mean. earlier he had seemed to like her company. she glanced at the crew then looked away. did they all realy not like her? was she that bad.... fritz had seemed to like her. they all had been nice exceot for her first incounter... she didn't understand why they didn't like her or why jack was being a jerk towards her.

she scrubed at her lips with her hand not wanting any traces of jacks lips on hers

"I wanted ya for a bit, but that was all, lass." Jack couldn't be more frank with her. "I don't know what ya think I am, but I'm a bloody well pirate!"

"Yes, I am a bastard." Jack bit with his words as she walked out. Throwing a cup against the wall he sat down to think about hy it bothered him so much to shove her off the ship.

"Hey, she's getting off now right?" The men spoke to each other.
    "Better get off."
    "Did ye see the grip she had on Jack-Blade? Thought both of them might be tossed into the sea."
    "Women, they can kill ya."
    "She needs to get off."
    "give her ride to shore then."
    "Jack didn't say I'd have to, you do it."

"Hey, lass." Kale walked up to her. "Get up, you're going."

(ooc- say something sassy back at him, but don't go anywhere from where you are now.)

" do I know you? no. so I don't know why you think you have the right to tell me what to do." she said rolling her eyes she looked away " im not leaving. I don't care what any of you say." she said and glanced at the captains where jack was then at fritz then back at the man who was talking to her.

" stop staring at me."she demanded glaring up at the man she crossed one leg over the other. she knew they could hurt her wth their tiny little pinky finger, but at the moment she didn't care. all she cared about was the fact that she wasn't leaving no matter who said she was she would refuse. she was not going down with out a fight

“Ye got guts girl.” He smirked, then flicked out a knife to run it gently across her belly, careful not to hurt her. The blade dragged up to her throat. “Pray they don't spill onto the deck.”

The men around him were chuckling, some even had told him to do it. No joking! They said. Get on with it! They yelled. Fritz was telling them to shut it, and to keep this business to the Captain. Then as they narrowed in on Meredith, they suddenly got quiet.

“That's enough Kale.” Jack said, walking up he snatched the knife form him. There was a change about Jack. A look in his eyes. But what could it mean?

“Get up.” He said curtly to Meredith. “Now.”

Meredith did as she was told. " as if my clothes weren't ruined enough " she muttered. her top was now spilt into to pieces.

" yes jack?" she asked looking at him. the blade hadn't hurt to bad, but either way that had been uncalled for, she was just a bit stuborn that was all. she looked at jack, wondering why he seemed to care if they killed her. its not like they were friends or anything. he just neededsomthing to do and she was the lucky person who got to be his toy for awhile. she was also confused as to why fritz stood up for her and why he tried to use better grammer around her. pff maybe that one was just taught how you treat a lady. while some of these other pirates obviously weren't raised by the best of people. she still didn't know any of their names besides jack and fritz, oh and the cap'n but she wouldn't be needing that name anymore.

“Get. Up.” Jack grabbed her arm and dragged her to the side of the ship. They had pulled close to the island and now they could see a place to pull over so to speak. Jack-Jack, the terrier followed them. Nipping at the heels. Wink, who had survived, came over at the dog. Wink was bigger in size than the terrier. Some of the crewman wondered what would happen if the two fought. But, to their disappointment, the dog and cat got along.

“How strange.” Some mumbled.

“Alright lass.” Jack said, looking at her in the eyes. “If ye gonna be on my ship, you'll be a crewman. If yer not. Then take a dive.” It was the only thing he could think of to save her.

Meredith " im a women not a man." she commented and pulled out of his grip " I already told youd that id help out around here." she said and walked over away from the edge " you wouldn't have pushed me over anyways." she said and looked at the crew

" do I get to know any of your names?" she asked glancing at jack. " if you want me to help out knowing names could help." she looked at the jack jack and wink. weird little critters. they were all snuggled up. she rolled her eyes at them then looked back at the pirates.

she didn't really understand why they hadn't told her their names yet. It wasn't that hard. but then again she hadn't told any of them her name. " im Meredith by the way." she said looking at the men. she glanced at one of them seeing that he was staring at her chest that was in easy view because of the blade incident. she pulled her shirt together quickly.

“A dive it is then.” Throwing her over his shoulder, he tossed Meredith into the water.

“Until ye decide to be my crew, you're not welcome aboard.” He shouted and waved. Jack-Jack barked and hopped over the rail, swimming over to his mistress. Jack smirked down at Meredith. His handsome grin probably making her angry. The pirates on board laughed and joked about sharks.

“That's right lass, sharks.” He had no idea if there were any, but if there were...he guessed he'd save her ass...again.

“Alright boys, tomorrow we explore the shore. Tonight we drink! To the honored dead!”

"HOORAH!"
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-22-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Meredith climbed back aboard and glred at him punching his arm " I said I would be dumb ass." she said then looked away the water had felt nice she looked at the cut on her stomach it was healed...

" uhh jack. " she said pointing at the cut that was now just a scar. but a second ago it had been bleeding.. she was confused had the water done that? no that's nto possible. she thought

" jack that waters not normal.'' she said as she picked up jack jack looking over him to make sure he was alright. he was so she put him back down. the little terrior ran right over to wink and licked her.

she was still angry at jack but she figured she could take that up with him later.

"No, ye said yer a woman, and pulled yer arm away form me." Jack corrected her. "Now, I'll say it again, and you'll answer me proper." What Jack meant was he wanted a 'Aye Captain!', but he would see if she did just that. He ignored what she had to say about the water, giving it up to womanly stupidity.

"So, are ye going to be a crewman." Jack then flicked a thumb to the sea. "Or are ye going to take a drink."

Meredith " if I go in that water one more time your coming with me." she said then sighed " yes cap'n ill be your crew member."

she chuckled " thought you didn't like being called captain. captain." she said and laughed. earlier he had seemed a little tense when ever any of them called him captain maybe he was still getting used to the old captain being dead. she shrugged it off though it really wasn't any of her business why he was grumpy about it earlier.

she smiled at him " now can you introduce me to the rest of the crew?" she asked smiling softly but also kinda shivering now that she was wet she was cold.

"Names are Hex, Clint, Smith, Kale, Casey, and Loch." Jack pointed to a the men who harassed her, the fellow with the knife at her throat, the man who stole Jack all those years ago, and the last one was a handsome man with one dead eye. "Ye know Frtiz already. Now, mate, get yerself some proper clothes on. Got to the trunk in my cabin. Get out here and we'll drink to our fallen"

The drinking was a serious matter for the men. It meant so much, but more than just what it looked like on the outside. These men were hearty and burly. Strong. Still, they had their passions. The bottle being one of them.