Login to your account

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: speak of the devil

speak of the devil

jack is back and hes found Meredith
    Keep calm, and call batman

The Day Jack Was Seen No More...

Seagulls squawked over head, their cries filling the ears of the disgruntled 7-year-old. His mother had dressed him up from head to toe with bows and blue coats. He felt like a pansy. Even at 7 Jackson Edmond Dantes was a mans boy. A rowdy rough ball of energy and filled with sneaky scandalous ideas. One prank in particular he liked, was to shoot small stone at people. His trusty sling shot was snug in his high buttoned shoes. Jack managed to slip in in when his mother wasn't looking. It wasn't fair, otherwise. If his mother insisted on him going to the docks to meet his Aunt and Uncle, well then fine. But, he wasn't going unprepared.

"Oh! There they are!" His mother waved a silk hanky to the approaching well dressed couple. "Oh, Frank and Ella, how was your trip?"

"Quite, quite." Frank answered, but his mustache looked like the one speaking.

"It was not the nicest I've been on, but I do think the Irish are too dim too build ships like the English." Ella commented, not caring that the man bringing their luggage was an Irishman. The man glowered at Ella, but needed to keep quiet. It was the coin he needed. Her words were like water crashing against his stone resignation to stay civil.

"Come here, Jakie." Ella threw her arms out to the boy. "Come give Aunty Ella a hug!"

"Hn." Jack didn't like being called 'Jackie' it sounded like a girls name. He had to do it though, he had to hug her. No doubt the inevitable pinch on the cheek and big kiss would follow. As it always was with Aunt Ella.

"Good to see you again, Aunt Ella, Uncle Frank." Yet again, a lie to please his parents. But, as fate would have it, Jack slipped away, wiping off Ella's kiss. Jack went to the side while his parents chattered with his Aunt and Uncle. Leaning over the rails, he let an impish grin on his face. There were cargo bags of apples. One of those bags had nasty weak netting. Notching a stone to his sling shot, from his boot and pocket, Jack aimed and let loose. He ducked down in merriment. The apples spilled every where and everyone was all ruffled up. Peeking over again, he saw the perfect target. A bucket of dirty deck water.

“Oh, yes.” He said aloud. Walking further along, to get a better shot, Jack was displeased to note that something was in his way. As he climbed down a sturdy beam to clear his view, he did not see a short stocky man watching him. The man caught the mischievous look in Jacks eyes, and new at the glance what the boy was up to. Of all the days Jack decided to cause trouble, that very trouble came like a silent shadow to bite him in the butt.

“Yeah!” Jack exclaimed, watching the bucket spill all over the once clean deck. He thought he'd get up and go back, until strong arms wrapped around his small body, and clamped his mouth shut. The broad rough hands covered the boys nose as well.

"So, ye like ta dirty oop a clain deck, do ye?" The lack of air made him black out. From that day forward, Jackson Edmond Dantes, was seen no more...
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-20-2013 at 03:25 AM.

( so before I post my part, where should the next setting be. when shes being told that's shes being sent away then her getting on her own boat and if its not to long already then her walking around the docks?)

(It should be Meredith naming her dog Jack. After the boy who disappeared. Maybe the adults are being hush-hush, but she still knows who and what they are talking about. Let Meredith explore her thoughts on the boy, and give the reader a reason to believe she would name a dog after him. Then, after you make your little 'flash back' so to speak, I'll post about Jack years later, coming to the docks like I mentioned in his profile. ^_^ That would be good)

~flash back~

Meredith walked into the living room after a long day of school. she hated school so she was happy to be home. she was about to sit on the cool black and white checkered tile when her mom spoke up, " Meredith we got you a present!"

she looked over as her mom handed her a puppy that was dark shade of brow all over except for one white splotch over his left eye. his hair was such a dark brown it could have been easily confused for as black. Maddis frown from school and the long walk from school turned into a happy smile she grabed the puppy in her arms hugging it tightly to her chest. " ill call him Jack. jack jack!" she smiled softly and petted his head.

" thank you mum thank you pa." Meredith said softly. she lead the pup upstairs to her bed room she laid flat on her bed Jack jack jumped onto her lap. " this jack wont leave me." she said to the pup and nodded to her self. she reached into her dresser drawer pulling out a long piece of ribbon. she tied it in a nice loose bow around the pups neck.

~later that night~

Meredith slithered down the stairs hearing her parents whisper back and forth. " but Harry... she named it jack... what if she still remembers the boy? " she heard her mother say. Maddi sat on the top step fixing her night gown and listening to her parents hushed whispers. she didn't remember jack very much. she just remembered how he used to play and pester her when the other children at her mothers get togethers would ignore her. that was enough for Meredith though. the fact alone that he played with her when no one else did made her like him.

Liverpool Docks -1718- Day

Pulling 'La Petit Diable' into port, a tall lean man, dark of hair and dark of eyes, steered true. His wet hair half tied up, fell loose just touching his shoulders. The rough hands and feet were like any other sailor's worth his salt. But unlike any other Enlgish sailor, his skin was darkened far more by the sun than one would think. If you didn't ask him what ethnicity he was, you would've thought him a Spanish half-breed. The man wore a pair of boot pants, good boots, but the ratty greying shirt was concerning. As he stopped the ship just before the docks, to be hauled the rest of the way by dingy, a burly man with rotting teeth stepped up to him.

“Eh! Jack-Rabbit! Wha do ye fink ta Cap'n wans ta do wif dis raggy fing?” Hex held up Wink, the large tomcat Jack had gotten to know. The right eye of the feline was scared shut. Possibily from getting it hooked into the claw of a rival, or the hook for a fish. Whatever the reason, Jack shared a love hate relationship with the cat.

“Keep em, on my request.” Jack answered, walking over to peer at the docks of ole Liverpool. “He's a good right hunter, that Wink. Give em a chance.”

If the burly man didn't like what Jack had to say, he didn't notice. Jack was taking his time to look over the busy crowded docks. One place he noted with a grin. A sturdy beam was seen from where he stood. Oh the memories. How he recalled being dragged to the deck, when he woke up from his unconsciousness. The endless scrubbing of the mess he made when he shot that stone.

“Never thought I'd see it again.” He spoke, turning to see the Captain. Jack leaned against the rail, a grin on his face.

“Now, lad, 'ow do ye do tat?” The Captain walked forward, a rolled up parchment in his hands. “Aul me long yers wit ya, en still, ye trow me oof.”

“Learned form the best, Cap'n, don't insult yerself.” Jack chuckled. “What tis it then?” Jack nodded to the roll.

“Ah, sharp eye if I ever seen em.” The Captian handed Jack the roll. “A list. We'll be needin' tings from dis waste of a port. Before we head te the Carribean. I trust ya, Jack. Tis not me knowin' 'ow, but I trust ye.”

“Right, Cap'n, I'll see to it then.”

Calling on Clint and Hex to help him, Jack went off to the shops. He was a sailor, worn by the sea, but he was young and handsome. No one would give him too many problems. Hex and Clint? They were back up. They were mules. Jack had them carry things he bought from the list he was given. When the day was finishing up, and the goods were on board, Captain Red Tooth let some of the deserving men on shore leave. Jack laid waste to his senses in a tavern. Before he went to go back to La Petit Diable, Jack tried to woo a bar wench. When she rejected him, he walked out and saw someone he didn't expect to see again.

“Meredith?” He muttered under his breath. Hm. And she was being harassed by Hex and Clint.

Meredith tried to push the two sailors off of her " get away. you nasty bastard." she said shoving the heaviest of the two hard in the chest. " just leave me alone! go find a sex toy some where else!" she said sharply. she saw a handsome young man staring at her. he was extreamly tan. it looked like he had been in the sun for ages since he was a child probably. she pushed at the two again. they were quite a bit biger then her so of course they didn't budge.

she screamed as they lifted her off of her feet " money in the bag ma'dam!" the twig like one said. his teeth looked horrid decayed to the point where they could fall off at any moment. " leave me alone."she stammered as she was thrown across the big ones back.

she let out yet another scream still no one came to help. are there not any nice people left in this place?! she thought to her self. her eyes once more drifted to the tan boy standing there. this time she let her eyes wander his body a bit. nice build, decent hygine. she noted then looked away seeing him walk over to where she was being tormented. " ugh hes one of them"

“Heh heh heh.” Jack chuckled at the phrases the fair girl with red hair was using. Sex toy? Bastards? These things only encouraged his 'friends'. Hex even lifted her off the deck, spouting nonsense about stealing money. Like they needed that right now. The loot they dragged in wasn't a hefty one, but Hex and Clint got some good-pickin's. Anyway, there's not a wealthy female who carries money on her like that. Jack noted that Meredith kept looking over at him. After all, he was starting at her. Sighing he walked up to his men, not a drop of fear in him.

“Aul right lads, that's enough.” Jack sputtered. He was still kind of drunk.

“Eh, we was joost 'Aven soom foon.” Clint grumbled, a deep voice he had. The muscular Clint was taking the liberty to raise the hem of Meridith's skirt with the sheath of his sword. It didn't get far, because Jack kicked it away.

“Fun was it? Good, now that ye just had it, we can get going.” Jack had Hex place Meredith on the ground, and walked away with out another word. He left her with a wink, and a little wolf call. Jack laughed to himself. Meredith looked like she couldn't tell who the hell he was. But maybe she'd get a little hint. As they walked off, Hex or Clint may have said 'Jack' or 'Sack'. But which one was it? And what did that mean for her, or him? Even if they did say 'Jack', it shouldn't mean much. Jack was said to have been lost at the dock. On a day he could have been swept into the waters and drowned. And they all new how fond Jack was of climbing, but terrified of swimming. Couldn't even doggy-paddled.
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-20-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Merediths mouth poped open " jack.... your name is jack?" she said and looked down rembering her friend jack. but it couldn't be the same one... no her parents ha told her that he fell and drowned. plus she only could rember jack as the small mischevious pale boy he was. she watched him walk away. she stared at him for a minute and then turned away walking towards her ship she couldn't stop thinking aout that mysterious boy who had saved her.

"jack jack!" she said grabing her puppy quickly before the ship was finished being untied. she sat at one of the many tables on the dock holding jack jack in her lap and petting him softly " we will be there soon jack..." she was going away from home for school purposes. to study you could say.

The ship started moving swiftly there weren't too many people on board mainly some older couples who were playing games on deck or in their cabins sleeping. Meredith didn't mind though she was happy alone. she preferred being alone actually.

“Sprawling waters ahead, boys, sprawling waters ahead.” Jack shouted to the others as Liverpool sank in the distance. The wind rushed through his now dry hair. His clothes unchanged. Except for his shirt. That was now being used to wipe counters for the Ships Galley.

“To the Caribbean, we go!” Some shouted with Jack, but others just made a little hoorah. Too much merriment would catch the Captains cruel eyes, and he'd make them prove to him they weren't an idle bunch who had time to shout. No one wanted that.

The next week was plain for pirate standards, for pirates they were. Not a sail was seen on the horizon. Not one. But that wasn't so usual. It was the company that was bland and flavorless. Hex and Clint were teasing Jack about the girl he saved, but that was about it. Jack was wondering why it was so quiet. Why no one was playing music. Even if they weren't that good, it was nice to hear it sometimes. And Wink was off killing rats to fatten himself up with.

“Oh! The storming days spent staring out at the sea, when one can steal a coin just by sailing thee.” Jack began a plundering song, but no one joined in, they just looked up and kept working. “Dear Heaven and Earth, what has gotten you bunch in a twist? Don't just-”

“Jack-Rabbit, didn't ye hear?” Hex walked up to him.

“What?” Jack asked, seriousness in his voice.

“Fritz is sick. He's been sick for sometime and-”

“What the hell do ye think yer saying, Hex? Don't talk to me like I'm a child!” Jack walked passed him to get to the Galley. His friend, his dear friend Fritz. He can't be sick, he can't! Jack never noticed a thing wrong with the man and now Hex was talking like Fritz was about to dive to Davy Jone's locker. Stomping to the Galley, Jack was consumed by fear of his sick friend, when he opened the door-

“Happy Birthday ye little prick!” The Captain spread his arms wide. Jack sighed in relief and gave his friends a bear hug. The rest of the crew poured in, laughing and slapping Jack on the back. They had played their part well, and he knew it. Jack didn't get any present, really. Maybe a fine dagger and a few extra coins, but pirates didn't have much to give in the first place.

“Cap'n, I tink we got us a present for little Black-Jack.” Said a sailor coming down to the Galley. “White Sails, Cap'n. Port side.”

“Right!” Captain Red Tooth had his men scurry to the deck. Grabbing a telescope, the Captain peered over to the merchant ship. It was a smaller Brigantine, maybe 20 guns. He laughed and turned to his men. “Alright, me lads, we're eaten well tonight! Take none alive.”

Tricking the merchant ship, Scape Goat, to pull closer, the colors were hoisted high. A red skull, with red cross bones, means no prisoners. The decks of Scape Goat were splashed with crimson, and cannon fire rocked the two ships. Men roared like wild seadragons, jumping on Scape Goat with fury. The men of the Ship were killed right there. Any women and children were thrown off into the water. A sporting chance for them to fight for their lives. Pirates they were, but even they had their code. Finally cutting the head off the Scape Goat Captian, Jack also known as Jack-Blade for this habit of his, tossed the severed head into the sea.

“Hoorah! Hoorah!” The crew of Le Petit Diable shouted in victory. No one aboard to stop them now, or make empty pleas or threats, the crew set about searching for loot. Clint was just raiding the Galley, when a sniffle form a girl was heard from a storage cabinet. Then, a little terrier jumped out at him, baring his teeth.

“Wha the?” Clint meant to strike the dog with his blade, just as Jack came down to see what was to be had for food in the Galley.

Meredith jumped out of the cabnent she had been hiding in, calling for her terrier to come back " jack jack!" she said reaching for the little pup. she wiped her eyes and looked up seeing the pirates staring at her. her eyes grew wide " pl-please no'' she stuttered not wanting to get hurt she picked up jack jack and took a step back

" please don't hurt us.." she said softly she looked into clints eyes he was a tall lean man. not exctly eye candy. she took another step back

" ill do any thing..." she whispered, her whole body was shaking violently with fear. hearing the door open her eyes shot in the direction as a man walked in. she looked away quickly he wouldn't save her this time. why would he they would kill her right here, or push her off the ship like they did with the other young women. she glanced at the pirates that were all staring at her. she wiped her eyes once more holding jack jack to her chest " its ok jack jack I wont let them hurt us...." she whispered even though she knew if they wanted to hurt her they would and there was nothing a small lady like her self could do about it.

“Ha ha ha ha!” Clint laughed, his smelly breath apparent. “Hurt ye? Well wha' do ye tink I am? A Gent? Ha ha ha ha ha! Eh, Jack-Blade, come see. It's yer little Robin wit ta red hair.”

“Well, if it isn't just.” Jack laughed. Casey, a burly man, the one and the same who stole Jack, came down to the Galley. He took one look at the girl and dragged her by her arm to the deck. All the men were watching as Casey went to toss her off. Jack-Jack, the little terrier, was trying to bite them. Thank goodness he didn't, because he was have had his throat cut.

“Wait!” Jack came up to Casey.

“No women, no children. Ye knoo tat Jack.” Casey said this, but did not make the throw just yet. The Captain walked over, amused.

“What would ye be needin' a wench fer Black-Jack? Thems trouble.” He told him.

“Didn't get a proper present for my birthday, Cap'n. Might as well make a night of it with this one, eh?” Jack invoked chuckled from the crew. “Waste not, want not. Right lads?” Although this was unusual, and certainly not normally allowed, the Captain let his stern face break into a smile.

“Ravage the girl to next port if ye have to lad, a payment in it's own right. But don't be think'n it'll happen again. Or for anyone else for tat matter.” Captian Red Tooth told them all. “A debt paid, for the last time ye saved my arse.” The Captain didn't allow Jack to take a pick of the loot until everyone else had, because of the unusual gift he got.

“Wait here, girl.” Jack said, pointing to an obscure corner. Jack was up for his turn and he didn't want Meredith getting into trouble while he wasn't watching. “And shut the yapping dog up, or he'll be the meal your eatin' to night”

(OOC- He's really not this cruel. He's just... a pirate. ^_^ he'll get better)

( ooc- I know.haha)

she kept her mouth shut until jack spoke to her ' he has a name you know." she muttered and held her dog close to her. tears still burned her eyes was he going to rape her? is that what he wanted. she wondered she sighed rubbing her face nto jack jacks messy fur gently.

she looked up and watched the pirates take each of their shares of the loot. she sighed I wanted an adventure but not like this. she thought t her self she watched as jack approached her again " why do you want me? me of all the ladies on the ship. why do you want me? im not even the prettiest..." she sighed and looked away from him he smelt of the sea and you could tell he was on the ship every day.

"im not very special you know... " she whispered petting jack jack to keep him from barking. " just don't hurt jack jack..."

Jack chuckled at Merediths mention of the dog having a name. 'Jack-Jack' it was. Hn, was it because of him? Nah...

Jack pulled up little of what he hoped for in the left over pile of loot. But it was a price to pay for saving Meredith. The girl was getting on his nerves in that respect. The first time was brief, so that wasn't a big deal. But now he'd have to keep an eye on her. Not just keep her safe, but make sure she didn't get in the way or stick her nose where it doesn't belong. Maybe he should have asked her to be placed in a boat, rather than keep her on board. Walking back to the girl, who everyone on board was trying to nickname, Jack was met by her questions.

“Why do you want me?” She asked. “Me of all the ladies on the ship. why do you want me? I'm not even the prettiest...”

“Sure yer not, but wen it comes down to it, yer all the same, girl.” Jack was joking, but he wanted to tease her. “Not lookin' fer looks.”

“I'm not very special you know...” Meredith spoke quietly. “Just don't hurt Jack-Jack...”

“Special or not, yer mine till we hit the next port.” Jack said, pulling her up by the arm. The dog snarled. Jack darkened his eyes and looked at Meredith. The girls dog was going to be a problem if she wasn't careful. “Like I said, watch your Yippy-Fella. I'm the nice one on this Ship.”

“You'll get in the way here, I'll take ye to my hammock, but it's just a cramped place with little to do. At least ye won't get into trouble there.” Jack eyed her briefly. “I hope.”

“Now girl, you get the time to ask me anything later, so don't bother to ask me now.”

Jack led Meredith to the deck bellow. It smelled, awfully bad. It was dark and the light that did come in gave little want for pleasure. Rat droppings, cat throw up, and as they went to the deck bellow that one they came down, it was clear it was no better there. Jack opened a creaky door and there were four hammocks in a tiny room. Close together.

“Wait in here, till my watch. Then I'll bring you up to the top deck to speak, we have much to say, Meredith.” Jack winked and ran out before she had the chance to respond to him.

(OOC-I wonder what Mere thinks of Jack's place in the pirate picking order, and what her fears and hopes are for the time being. ^_^ Must be all kinds of things running through her head. All kind of memories)

Meredith looked down she sat in one of the hammocks softly was it really jack. it couldn't be! she thought he drowned hes dead she kept repeating the words to her self softly " jack is dead...jack is dead jack is dead.." she whispered plus this jack was so diferint. The jack she knew was diferint he was more mischevious always getting into trouble, always doing something wrong.

she looked around the tiny smelling room. it was filthy and it stank. she sighed once more what was she to do on this ship? she didn't belong here, she knew that. she thought about the little 7 year old that had supposedly drown. all the memories she had with him her favorite was when he gave her flowers. she remember that one the most clearly.

when she was about 6 years of age jack had given her lovely roses from his mums garden. she remember getting all excited that maybe he liked her. but then a frog poped out of the flowers along with some bugs. she had screamed and threw the flowers at him which of course had only made him chuckle.

Meredith looked out the tiny window in the cramed room thinking about jack. she shook her head trying ot push the thoughts away " hes dead damn it." she said to her self.

she hadn't relized how long shed been in there by her self until she heard the door open "you have some explain to do. I shouldn't be here!'" she said turing to look at who had walked in

Finishing up work on deck, as the sun sank lower into the Ocean, Jack recalled the times he went to visit Meredith. She was such a gullible girl. He teased her all the time. Never got tired of too. He remembers flowers he gave her, full of bugs and a frog, but his favorite prank was ink in her Earl Grey tea. Meredith's teeth were still black the next time his mother dressed him up for a visit. What surprised him, was that she still smiled at Jack.

“Hn.” Jack sighed. She wasn't a bad kid, that redhead. And a mighty re head she was. All the crew came up with many names to refer to her. 'Vix' or 'Vixen', 'Robin, 'Rosy', 'Ginger', 'Cherry', and 'Scarlett' were the nicer of the bunch. The rest were grotesque or derogitory. Jack liked the sound of 'Vixen'. Sexy name.

“Jack-Rabbit, you're up for watch.” Short-Bit called from the Star board.

“Right.” Jack answered. He had Hex go tell Meredith to come up. Hex came down to the room, and as soon as he opened the door, she snapped at him.

"You have some explain to do. I shouldn't be here!” Her words only brought a laugh out of Hex. Grabbing her by the neck, and kicking the dog from getting out the door, Hex dragged her up to deck and leaned her over the rail. Her hair spilling in front od her eyes as she stared in to the blue waves crashing beneath her. If Hex let go, she was done for. Jack knew he wouldn't throw her in, but he watched to make sure nothing went wrong.

“Yer roit lass, tis is where ye belong!” Hex laughed, referring the other women and children thrown off. “Ye want ta leave den? Or are ye satisfoid to stay on ta Ship?”

“Oi! Hex, that's a enough now.” Jack called. Hex had Meredith land on her butt, on deck. He walked away with laughter still on his lips. Jack beckoned Meredith to come to him with a tilt of his head.

" ars hole!" she muttered walking over to jack she looked at him " this place is a dump... don't you guys ever clean?" she asked rolling her eyes. she looked at him " so whyd you save me?" she asked sitting on a chunk of wood that was on the deck she looked at her feet.

she looked up after a few seconds " they wont hurt jack jack? will they? hes all I got... I have to rember jack. I cant forget him.." she said the last part barely a whisper.

she never wantd to forget jack. of course she also didn't know that he was standing right in front of her. but nether the less she couldn't forget him. she had always been very fond of jack. his pranks yet harsh some times always had brought some fun into her life as a child.

rembering she wasn't alone she looked back up at jack- rabbit. as she had heard many of the crew call him before " why do you want me here?"she questioned. she had a lot of questions. she was also very stuborn and probably wouldn't let jack go any where until he answered each and every one of them

“Is the Ship not to yer likein' Ma'am? Well I'll snap me fingers and get the lads to come and clean- Oh, wait. No. I won't, cause this ain't a cruise liner ye whiny girl.” Jack Chuckled. “As for yer dog, well, I can't say much for him. If he keeps his teeth out of things, I can guarantee he mostly likely probably won't be eaten.”

Jack didn't let her see him smile about her last comment. The one she tried to whisper. So he made a lasting impression with the redhead? Even at 7 he must have been an eye catcher, or was Meredith just the loneliest girl in Britain, that Jack was considered a friend to her? After all the pranks, she never did seem angry like the other girls.

“Before I tell ye what I want ye for, tell me about this Jack.” He said leaning against the rail, his cool brown eyes on her blue ones. “You were just muttering about him. Do I remind you of the boy?”

Meredith sighed and shrugged " kind of... but every one tells me he drowned when he went to see his aunt and uncle. im nto supposed to rember him..." she said softly " he was a crazy little boy he got on my nerves as a kid but he wasn't too bad" she shrugged again then looked at him " that's why I named my dog jack jack. after the boy." she looked away from jack

she scratched her head " its a nice ship other then the dirt and grime. its a really pretty ship" she said honestly. she loved the work the way the ship looked just not really the smell. if they kept It clean it would be so much better. she thought.

she looked back at jack rabit " ok now tell me what you want from me." she said " please." she added hastily

“That's all ye got to say about him?” Jack felt like it was an anti-climatic story. Nothing else. Just that he was crazy and he drowned. Well, that wasn't so hard to believe. Jack wasn't the swimming type when he was young. Casey beat that out of him. Jack-Blade could probably swim an Ocean now.

“Aye lass, 'La Petit Diable' -the little devil-, she's quite the ship.” Then he suppressed a smile when she asked him what he wanted from her. “I'm not telling.”

" and why not?" she asked a slight anger in her voice. " you cant just keep me here without telling me what you want... that's very rude!" she said then sighed looking down again.

" fine, can you at least tell me about your self?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest. it was getting dark, plus they were on the ocean it was getting kinda cold. she was also hungry but from the sounds of it what ever they ate here was nothing shed be interested in eating

“I lied.” He laughed. Then she went on to say he can't just keep her there, and that he was rude

“Talk back like that, and ye might not live long to care.” He glanced at her before looking out as he should be doing. He wasn't sure she should know just yet. It might get her all upset. Ah, but it was late and boring. Meredith was as good as free entertainment.

“So, ye want to know about me do ye?” Jack thought over the way he could tell her...What was something that could not be mistaken for another boy, or a coincidence.

“When ye were 6, that Jack put ink yer tea.” He grinned wide. “Even by next visit, yer teeth were black as night. But ye still smiled at me.”

Meredith looked at him shocked " your jack? but you cant be.. he drowned!" she said looking at him disbelief in her eyes.

It couldn't be him. but no one else would know that. she thought about it trying to figurie out if he was playing her " but- they all said you were dead..." she said confused

" oh my... it is you..." she finnaly said letting every thing sink in. a blush grew to her cheeks. " you look so diferint though... and you talk diferint..."

“Did I drown? I look fine. Didn't find my body did they? And you believed it. Tc tc.” Jack laughed at her shock. This was so fun. Then she blushed and commented on his change of appearance and speech. “Well, I aint been raised as a pretty little Bon-bon, was I? I'm a pirate, ye Vixen.” Noting her red hair.

“The sun darkens the skin, years change the face, and battles scar ye.” Jack pointed to his burned right ear. And, being shirtless, all his other scars were seen. Lashes to the back, a cut here, a gash there. “You don't look much different. Still a plain tall Ginger. At least ye filled out like a woman though.” He cocked a brow.

"Ye can say I took a fancy to seeing me old friend." He smiled this time. "And yer welcome, lass, for savin' yer life."

Meredith smiled gently " well I sure hope I filled out like a women!" she chuckled softly she reached a finger out and touched the deepest scar on his chest gently running her finger down it.

" every one said you were dead. even your parents... your aunt told me that she saw you drown. she lied..obviously you didn't drown." she smiled and looked at him " ca-can I hug you?" she asked softly looking down a small blush crept onto her pale cheeks.

Her finger running down his scar made him quiet. She wasn't scared of him. Meredith was a lot more fearless than the last time he saw her. Most women would be cowering with anxiety. They would be pleading and asking what was going to be their fate. But here Meredith was, touching his scars. Jack caught the blush on her cheeks when she asked to hug him. That was curious.

“Now why would ye want to do that?” He asked, brushing away her hand. “We weren't really buddies when we were youngins. Ye don't really know me girl.”

“Besides, I am not the boy ye knew.” His dangerous eyes glinted. “Ye be not the first girl I've come across, little Robin. Who says I won't do more than hug ye?”

where did all these nicknames come from? she wondered she glanced at him " I trust you. you may look and sound dangerous and all but your eyes aren't at all." she whispered " your eyes still look the same as they always have." she smiled gently

" when we were younger I don't realy know why but I wouldn't talk to any one but you... I tursted you I still do. I think" she looked up at him " why would you want to do more then hugging with me any ways?"

“The lads make em up.” Jack said passingly, waving a hand as if to say it's no concern. “I'm one of the lads.”

“Trust me do ye?” Jack was going to give a snyde response, like mentioning the flowers and bugs, but then he realized she was telling the truth. That's why she was so gullible. She trusted him. Even after all those pranks. Then she asked him why he'd want more than a hug with her.

“Because that's what women are to me.” Jack didn't like Meredith telling him about how she trusted him. Jack was not used to this sort of freely given trust. He understand the Cap'n trust. Jack had saved him many times. So it's obvious to trust Jack. But... He had done nothing to earn Meredith's trust.

“Why do ye trust me?” He asked. “What have I done to make you trust me?” He was curious to see where her trust ends. What could he do to break it? It's a little insensitive to think that, but it was a curious thing to learn about.

" im not telling you because then youll try to break it." she said and rolled her eyes " what do you guys eat around here?: she asked looking at him.

a little white cat walked by and hissed at her evily then pawed at her legs. Meredith noticed the one of the cats eyes had a scar covering it " whos this?" she asked bending down to pet the little critter

(ooc-sorry having kinda of a writers block and im at my friends house! haha)

“I can break it regardless of knowing.” He told her with confidence. He meant to elaborate, but then Wink came to attack her leg. He chuckled. Meredith's skirt hem was being savagely destroyed. Shreds of it fell to the floor.

“Who's this?” She asked, but when she bent down to touch him, Wink hissed and swiped her with his claws.

“That is a little black devil.” Jack said, watching Wink back away and then charge her skirt again. "I call him Wink, on account of his right eye is scarred over." Jack swept the unruly creature up in his arms. Wink growled, but did nothing to attack. His one good eye was green, and he looked like a witches familiar. His fur was long, because he was a maine coon cat. Wink was the size of a small dog.

(ooc- ^_^' Sorry, forgot to mention that Wink is big and black and all.)
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-21-2013 at 12:34 AM.