Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ill be your little punk youll be my little princess

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    Colt managed to get a whistle of approval from his friend before he got to the end of the line and paid for his food. He picked up his tray of popcorn chicken, steamed broccoli, a stale roll and a bottle of water. He sat down at a table with Bella and promptly started to eat as well.

"Because you invited me to have lunch with you," he said in between bites, a playful smile on his lips. "It appears to be your duty to start a conversation, unless you feel it right for me to do so, but I wouldn't do that if I were you. I tend to go off on obscure topics."

bella nodded " obscure topics? that sounds interesting." she nodded to her self.

" you can start the conversation then. I want to hear what you have to say." she giggled softly eating her food. forewarning though I can talk forever!" she stated softly picking the tomatos out of her salad
    Keep calm, and call batman

"How is a raven like a writing desk?" he asked without hesitation. The riddle itself was written without an answer, but this was a question that he had asked all of his friends to test them. If they answered well, with a thoughtful answer, they were given the title of 'friend' right then and there. If the response wasn't well put, then he himself thought on whether or not to continue talking to them. A quirk of his, but it was the best way to weed out the boring people.

bella thought for a moment then nodded " many reasons thousands of reasons... like edgar allen poe wrote on both. both have inky quills and, to quote lewis carroll, Because it can produce a few notes, though they are very flat, and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front." she smiled at him.

" you've obviously read Alice and wonderland."she comented. running her fingers through her pink hair. watching him

"Oh, I live Alice in Wonderland, Bella. You seem to fit the bill for Alice though, by answering that question I'd say that you've fallen into the rabbit hole. Call me Hatter from now on." Colt grinned, his entire face lit up by the true amusement from the girl. He liked the idea of being able to discuss Wonderland matters with another person, and that was one of his favorite topics as well as the reason he was sucked into the style of punk.

A story for another time. Colt's inner voice sighed before returning back to the conversation at hand.

bella giggled " ok hatter. howd you like my answer?" she asked her eyes shined he was funny. but not to funny. some guys were overly funny like they tried to make jokes. you could tell his jokes weren't forced they just kinda came out. alice and wonderland was one of her favorite storys of all times. if you didn't like alice in wonderland land then bella didn't like you. she looked at him

"I found it interesting, considering that the riddle never had an answer to begin with. I was unaware of the quote said by Mr.Carol. Fairly intriguing, I must say." He took a long sip from his water bottle before setting it back down, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Bella, if I didn't know any better, I'd say we'd make a good pair of friends. I have to ask though, would you think otherwise? Or have further suggestions on the matter? We could easily fall under the title of 'aquatints' as well as friends, I suppose."

"I like friends better." she said happily. " but only if youd want to be my friend that is." she said and sipped her ice tea.

" oh and yeah he said it. because so many people were sending him letters telling him to tell them the answer. even though it didn't have an answer so he made up an answer to get people to lay off." I smiled surprised that he didn't know that

"Ah, friends it is then." He crossed one leg over the other before shoving a few of the popcorn chicken pieces into his mouth before speaking again.

"I do believe that the tactics that Mr.Carol used in that situation is admirable, though, if not a jerk-ish thing to do." He chuckled lowly, shaking his head. "I do see myself doing a similar thing if I were placed into that situation."

" I agree. like if everyones just annoying the hell out of you with the same question even though said question dosnt have an answer id make up one." she said to colt.

she was already done eating shee. like I men toned before shes not a big eater so her small portion of food was devoured quickly. she looked at 'hatter' " so hatter." she said testing out the nick name. it suited him in away

"Yes Alice? What may I do for you?" he spoke in a heavy English accent as he replied, a sly grin upon his lips. He popped another one of the little balls of chicken into his mouth, and then started to chew, his mouth closed in a polite manner. After turning himself slightly to the side, he crossed one leg over the other and folded his hands neatly on his knee, his head cocked off to the side to look over at the pink haired girl.

she giggled softly and shook her head " oh nothing." she said and stood up. she pushed in her chair and threw her empty tray away then sat back down.
    " so why is a raven like a writing desk?" she questioned

"Because they both need a form of a feather to be a form of productive. The first is to fly and for the second is to let the mind throw its mindlessness onto." He shrugged. "Or that is an answer I have come up with. Something I came up with when I started asking the question." His fingers wrapped around the brim of his hat before pulling it down to inspect it, flicking off little pieces of imaginary dust.

"I think I like you a little bit more now, to tell you the truth. Just by reflecting that question back onto me, you've shown me that you either value other people's insight, or you are just polite enough to ask, even if you don't care. Either way, yet another admirable trait." He said as his lips curled into a smirk.

bella shrugged " I just was wondering what you thought about the riddle. my favorite riddle in fact." she smiled and walked over to him. " your a strange hatter not at all crazy like the most of them." she whispered into his ear then giggled softly.

" could you explain to me what exactly was wrong with that computers earlier?" she asked sitting down next to him but turning the chair so she was facing him

"Oh?" he turned in his seat to face the girl who's words quite literally danced over his ears. He liked that, being as fearless as she was. "To be quite honest, Alice, there was nothing wrong with the computer. The teacher figured that we'd get along." The way that the words were spoken resembled that of near joking, even though the words were true. It was up to her whether to believe them or not.

"And could you explain to me what exactly you were drawing and why?" he mimicked her tone and the way that she was sitting, a near mirror of her actions.

she smiled " well hatter I do think we are getting along." she chuckled and nodded

" oh the roses black and red roses are my favorite flowers so. I drew them for fun mostly." she said and shrugged " it kept me entertained for awhile." she said then jumped up. " IDEA!" she said grabing his hand and pulling him up running to the garden that had out side

"Well- OH SHIT." a hand was wrapped around his and he was pulled up suddenly, a crazy amount of strength and momentum sending him careening out to the garden outside, faster than he could usually run. When they came to a stop, Colt nearly fell over, but caught himself on an old stone bench, sitting down.

"What the hell was that?" He would have yelled, but he was too out of breath for that.

bella smiled at him and sat down next to him barely out of breath.

" I told you I had an idea." she stated then smiled at him

" you run slow." she comented looking out at the flowers. she droped his handthat was now covered in sweat from running

"I don't run often. I never have a reason to." He crossed his arms, watching her with curiosity. "So if that is the way you react when you have an idea, I should be afraid when you act on it." He rested his hands on his knees and his chin in his palms.

"So what is your idea, Alice?"

" oh hatter. its a brilliant idea!" she said and sat on the bench across from him reaching under the bench she pulled out a ketch pad. people rarely came up here so she kept some drawing supplies up here.

" im going to draw you hatter." she said and crossed one leg over the other.

" pose how you wish." she said grabing a pencil

"Oh? Draw me now? Spur of the moment, aren't you, lovely Alice?" He leaned forward before sitting up straight with one leg crossed over the other. One of his hands went into his pocket and the other was rested on his knee, and he looked off at the rest of the garden, his head slightly tilted.

"How long will this take?" he asked.

" not to long. Im just going to draw the figure and sketch. then ill add the details later." she said and smiled at him

" so hatter. how long have you been a mad hatter?" she aksed drawing onto the pad

"Me? A hatter? It has been since the third grade. Required reading in the GT writing class I was in. Loved it, and assumed the character since." He looked back at her from his periphial vision, only finding that he couldn't view the sketch pad. This bothered him, but he was unsure as to why.

"And you? How long have you been an Alice? Those of your kind seem to be rare and few these days, much like that of an endangered species."

" hmm well my dad wanted to name me alice but my mom wouldn't allow that. then in 3rd grade I also read the book. so yeah" she said then smiled at him

" im almost done with the sketch. " she said

a few seconds later she turned the sketch pad around to face him. it was a simple sketch but it looked gorgeous. she couldn't wait to add in the details

He pulled himself from the pose and looked at the drawing, finding it to be rather amazing. His eyes widened and his eyebrows shot up.

"Oh. Wow. And you did that that fast? And it looks so good. Doesn't look very much like me though. This guy seems nearly too confident." He looked up at Bella with a smile on his lips. "But nonetheless, the drawing is absolutely beautiful. I like the subject. Seems really cool."

bella giggled

" ill add the details later. " she said and looked up at him.

" what do you want to do now?"