Login to your account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Of Equal Talent

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    ((Indeed. ^w^))

"Did you expect this to happen?" he asked quietly, hoping that Lia knew what he was talking about when he emphasized "this". He didn't really want to say it aloud, as if scared to jinx the situation. His eyes were alight with a curiosity that seemed nearly endless at this thought. What exactly did Lia think about him? A question that could only be answered by Lia.

She could just be playing along to make you seem less pitiful. his inner voice warned.

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    I raised an eyebrow at his question. I looked at him, and I gave a light shrug. "Well.. Honestly, I thought you had friend zoned me or something like that.. But I've liked you for some time now.. And I'm honestly happy to be here right now with you.. On a date." I said, I felt my cheeks turn a light pink. We've never really talked about this before, it was weird. Well, not weird, I guess I'm just not used to it. "What about you?" I asked, I wanted to know what he thought..

"I've been trying to get the courage to ask you out since the third grade." he didn't think about his answer before spitting it out the way he did, but in the end he was glad that he did. His eyes widened and his cheeks went a bright red, his ears and neck lighting up in the same crimson. His hands went over his mouth and his gaze went down.

"Oh goodness, that must've sounded creepy." he said, an embarrassed chuckle in his voice.
    Last edited by A Simple Sigh; 04-02-2013 at 02:48 AM.

I chuckled softly, and I saw how embarrassed he looked. it was cute.. I reached across the table, and touched his hand. "You're fine.. We are here now, aren't we? And I'm glad we are.." I said, smiling at him. I winked lightly, and I knew my cheeks were still a little pink also. I've never seen him so embarrassed. But there was nothing to be embarrassed about.. I was glad he trusted me enough to tell me what he really thought. I've always wanted to know what he thought of me..

Bynn nodded lightly before withdrawing his hand from his mouth. He bit down on his lower lip, his entire face still rather red. She... didn't think that was creepy? he blinked a few times, staring at the girl in front of him before clearing his throat and averting eye contact for a bit. He left his other hand under Lia's and tried not to notice how adorable that wink was.

"Your tiramisus." the waitress said as she brought out the two plates. She set them on the table, each with their own fork.

"Thank you." Bynn said, offering a nod towards the woman. She nodded back before turning on her heel and leaving.

I looked down, and slowly pulled my hand away when the waitress came. I looked down at my amazing dessert, I loved these.. Another reason why I loved this place, it was awesome. I started to eat it, amazed with how much flavor they had. I haven't been here for a while, so I kinda forgot how great it was. It was an awkward silence for a few moments as we enjoyed the desert. I looked at him, seeing he did the same. "This is great." I said, and I saw there was still a hint of pink in his cheeks. It was adorable..

"Yeah, they know just how to whip the cream just right enough so that it has that delicious perfection to it." he said, a chuckle in his voice. He took the last bite of his and then slid the plate off to the side, reaching over with his fork to playfully act as if he were going to steal a bite of hers. He grinned at the girl, an eyebrow raised and a childishness in shining in his eyes, much like a challenge.

I chuckled, seeing his childish behavior. It was cute, I liked that side of him. I looked down at my plate. I only had a few bites left. "Go ahead." I said, smiling at him. I slid the plate closer to his fork. After this date, what would come next? I wouldn't really know, considering I've never been on a real legit date like this one, I wouldn't know. Maybe after this, we could go to my place and watch a movie or something?

"Oh, nevermind." his lower lip jutted out and he retreated back to his side of the table. "You didn't seem to grasp the idea of my challenge. I was hoping for a full-out fork fight." He had a lopsided smile on his face, but it was still a genuine one. His arms crossed, fork still in his hand and the end that was cleaned of cake still up in the air.

I chuckled. We used to do that a lot when we were in collage together, we would always get take out and have a little fork fight over the last piece of chicken or whatever was on the menu. I was full, so thats why I wasn't too defensive of the dish. I smiled at him, what a character. "So, after this, want to go to my place and watch q movie or something? I have a couple new ones." I said, taking one last drink of my soda.

"Oh? What movies? Or we could even do a Harry Potter movie marathon like we did a couple years back. It would be cooler now that they finished the series." he reached his fork over and stabbed the coffee flavored dessert, and then eating it in one quick bite. He wore an intrigued simper on his lips, replacing the half-smirk he had before.

I smiled as he took the last bite of my desert. I nodded, agreeing to his idea. "Yes, I like that idea a lot, actually." I said, and I glanced at the time. Wow, we've been here for an hour and a half. "Thanks for the dinner." I said, feeling my cheeks turn a light pink. I would look forward to the movie night, now that we were dating.. Right? Well I would hope so.

After calling for the check and paying for it, he grinned at Lia with a shrug.

"So shall we? I believe there are to be spells and magic and trolls and mysterious creatures and that jackass Malfoy in abundance in the next couple of hours." He leaned back in his seat some before pushing himself up and out of his chair, standing to full height. He then walked over to Lia and offered his hand to help her out of her chair.

I chuckled at his comments, and I took his hand, and stood. I blushed when he held onto my hand as we left the building. When we were walking down the dark sidewalk, I looked up at him. "So.. This means we are together now?" I asked, just clearing things up, and making it more official. The dim street lights caught his facial features perfectly. Gosh, he was so handsome, I commented to myself.

"Together? You know I can answer that like a smartass and say that we're walking right next to each other, and that does make us a pair, but I won't answer like that." he smiled lightly before talking in a sigh. Are we together? I'd hope so. he thought for a moment, going silent just long enough to think.

"Yes, I would hope so." he answered, stopping to face Lia.

I chuckled, and looked down at the dark sidewalk as we walked along. When we stopped, I glanced at our hands that were firmly together, it made me feel happy, and it felt nice.. I looked in into his eyes, I could see them clearly due to a light behind us. I felt my cheeks warm up, and I'm sure they were a light pink.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Bynn bit down on the inside of his cheek, finding Lia's blush to be rather adorable. He then leaned forward and kissed her forehead, pulling her into a hug. Sure, it wasn't a kiss on the lips or something that would lead to something else, but this was Lia, his best friend, confidant and now girlfriend. There was absolutely no reason to rush things, even if they had been friends for years and years. They had a while, if he was correct. He really did like and she seemed to really like him...

"I love you, Lia." he said, pulling away to look at her with a smile.

I closed my eyes when I felt his soft lips press to my forehead. I had butterflies in my stomach, and my heart raced. And the words he said made my heart flutter, and beat with happiness. "I love you, too.. Bynn." I said smiling and looking into his gorgeous eyes that were also striken with happiness.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Bynn grinned the widest grin that he had before clearing his throat and rubbing Lia's arms gently.

"Well... Erm... We were going to go watch Harry Potter, no?" he asked, then passing his hand over her hair. He lifted an eyebrow and played with her hair some, avoiding eye contact with her.

I smiled at him, and I nodded. "Yes, lets go.." I said, he was so cute, the way he played with my hair I found was adorable. I took his hand and walked along the sidewalk, soon at the door to my apartment. I got my key out, and I unlockedit, stepping in. "Make yourself comfortable. " I said, walking over to the tv.
    ♥Volbeat♥

And get comfortable Bynn did. He walked over tot he couch and plopped down on the cushion. He pulled off his hat and placed it in his lap, crossing one leg over the other. He tilted his head off to the side and watched as Lia fiddled with the TV controls.

"Aren't you going to change into something more comfortable?" he asked. "Don't get me wrong, you look gorgeous in the dress, but those shoes look like they could kill someone." he chuckled quietly at his own joke.

When the movie started, I paused it, and I chuckled softly, and blushed at his comment. "Thank you.. and yeah, ill be right back." I said, standng and going to my bedroom, changing into sweats and a tee. I walked back out, smiling at him. "That's better." I said, sitting beside him and pulled a blanket around me and gave him some also. I grabbed the remote, pressing play, resting my head on his shoulder.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Bynn wrapped his arm over her shoulders, his fingertips coming to a rest on her upper arm. The movie started and he had leaned back, his head hitting the back of the couch. A yawn escaped from his lips, blinking a few times to stay awake. He didn't last very long, only staying awake long enough to get past the first twenty minutes.

I leaned into him comfortably, I heard his yawn, and assumed he was getting tired. Soon, I heard his breathing even out and now on a steady pace. I looked up at him, smiling seeing he was asleep. Today was fun, it really was.. I watched the movie, soon falling asleep myself.
    ♥Volbeat♥

The next morning, Bynn woke up with a quiet groan. His neck ached and his arm was asleep, making him all the more uncomfortable. He opened one eye, and then the other to find himself in a slightly unfamilar place. He then looked over to the warmth on his side, finding it to be Lia, asleep on his arm. He squinted at her before closing his eyes again, lolling back into sleep.

I woke in the morning, knowing right away I wasn't in my bed. I looked to me left, seeing Bynn fast asleep. I smiled to myself, sitting up, andstanding, stretching my arms. I thought abou yesterday, my grin growing wider. I walked to the kitchen, making myself Cereal.
    ♥Volbeat♥

It was about this point in time where Bynn had fallen over to the side, to take up the entire couch. At the collision of his skin against the cushion, the man forced himself up in a manner that seemed robotic and automatic. His eyes were wide open as he scanned the room once again, discovering that Lia had left to go get breakfast from the kitchen.

Bynn got to his feet with come difficulty before reaching up to stretch, his bones and muscles aching and groaning at him angrily.

When I had eaten my cereal I set my bowl in the sink. I heard some movement in the living room, I walked in the room, smiling. "Hey sleepy head." I said, leaning against the corner of the hallway. He wasn't a morning person, I knew that as a fact.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Sleepy head is right. What the hell is the time?" he growled as he scratched at the back of his matted hair. He rubbed his face and then collapsed against the couch, arms and legs spread out in a stretch. Again, the man let out a groan, but this time, the odd sound resembled that of the turquoise pet platypus on a beloved children's television show.

I chuckled softly, hearing his groan, and watching him stretch. "Nine." I said, checking the screen on my iPhone. "So, you were tired last night." I said, smiling at the memory of him falling asleep the first twenty minutes. Maybe another day him and I could do a movie night. "Hungry?" I asked, I could fetch him a bowl of cereal if he wished.
    ♥Volbeat♥