Login to your account

Thread: Searching for an RP? So are these people!

Exclamation Searching for an RP? So are these people!

Looking for a game? These people are too! You can either look over their "rp profiles" and choose a partner or group member that way, or post your own "rp profile" and wait for the responses.

It is highly recommended you fill this rp profile out completely, though you can add more information if you like.

OOC Details
    Method: (Full-Featured, thread, 1x1 thread, etc.)
    Rating: (General Rating or Adult Rating)
    Playing Style: (Your preferred way of posting, such as post length or first or third person.)
    Timing: (How often do you post and how often would you expect your partner(s) to post?)
    OOC Notes: (Anything else you'd like to add about OOC details.)

Story Details
    Genre: (General genres you're interested in.)
    Setting: (Any specific time period or location you're interested in.)
    Likes & Dislikes: (Any likes or dislikes you have about the story.
    Story Notes: (Anything else you'd like to add about story details.)

Characters
    Preferred characters: (Anyone in particular you'd like to play - a link here to a Character Pool or WTF Multiverse/Clone Warehouse character is useful.)
    Character Notes: (Anything else you'd like to add about characters.)

You should contact these people privately, not by posting in this thread.
    Last edited by WTF RPG Staff; 06-21-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    Please do not send this account PMs/etc. It is not monitored daily by staff and does not accept PMs/etc.

I'm totally rese'ing this while I make my post.

Thank you, Maneki!
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

OOC Details
    Method: 1x1 thread mostly
    Rating: Adult
    Playing Style: I don't care for length so long as you give me something to work it. I prefer third person past, story mode, and decent spelling, but we can work something out too if for instance your spelling isn't great or whatever. :P
    Timing: I don't expect quick posts at all. I want something laid back. Once a week would be just dandy. More is better but not required, just don't go six months without posting? I may reply from several times a day to once every couple days, depending on how busy/bored/etc I am and how active my other RPs are.
    OOC Notes: Nothing I can think off the top of my head.

Story Details
    Genre: YAOI. First and foremost. Other than that, I can work with any genre. I guess romance, too, since it's yaoi (I cna go from graphic to non-graphic, just let me know).
    Setting: Any setting, really.
    Likes & Dislikes: To be discussed according to setting and genre I guess.
    Story Notes: Just looking for random games.

Characters
    Preferred characters: Right now I'm looking to play Hawk, who is more of a fantasy-inspired, graphic-adult guy. But I have lots of other characters. :P
    Character Notes: Nothing atm.

(ooc)

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar
    OOC Details
    Method: Any, though I'm rusty with the group scene, and thus work better with one-on-one.
    Rating: Either or
    Playing Style: I tend to roleplay third-person with posts averaging 1000 words and with multiple characters.
    Timing: I post anywhere from once a day to once every two weeks, depending on business and how much I enjoy the roleplay. Typically, every three-to-five days
    OOC Notes: Planning. I adore planning, and find a roleplay with no checkpoints to work towards ends up withering away rather quickly. It's so unfortunate how many times this happens. D:

Story Details
    Genre: First and foremost, science fiction. I swoon at signs of alien lifeforms, technology, etc. It's my baby. As far as everything else; epic and/or dark fantasy, horror, supernatural, and fandom only when we use only our own original characters and story events. I don't really enjoy modern or most historical fiction.
    Setting: I adore other planets//universes. If set on our own planet, I like being vague about the time period and location. I.e., 'some city in Germany' rather than 'Munich'.
    Likes & Dislikes: I adore when the focus is on more than two main characters, and in fact have trouble accepting anything besides it. I also adore female-female romantic relationships, but due to its general unpopularity I don't expect this to be a certainty with all my roleplays. On that note, I dislike having romance as the plot focus and motivator, though having it as a focus is fine, and I enjoy it fine when I myself have fallen in love with our characters~ <3
    Story Notes: Jeopardy. Not the gameshow, but the situations in which a character's life may be in danger. You can't have a good, epic movie without it, and it certainly helps with roleplays. Even if it manifests as hanging off a cliff or as a captured-and-totured scene.

Characters
    Preferred characters: I like to make my characters specifically for the planned roleplay, but I am interested in doing a roleplay where I might get the chance to play Ch'r-Goth. I adore having characters in a roleplay that are more beastial or otherwise cosmetically not human. What I mean by this is they look non-human as well as being, not like Inuyasha where the bloke looks human aside from silver hair and dog ears. xD~ Though monsters with very strong animalistic characteristics are fine, which includes anthros and mermaids and the like.
    Character Notes: Diversity above all else. So, having characters that don't all come from the same backgrounds, share the same personalities, or genders, or even races. I don't eat the same cereal every day, so I'd rather not read basically the same character every time.

OOC Details
    Method: I'd like to try out my hand at a full-featured RP... they look rather nifty. I am definitely not averse to playing just a single thread RP, or 1x1.
    Rating: General rating for me, please. Not really into RPing anything above PG-13.
    Playing Style: I always RP in 3rd person, past tense. I consider myself to be an advanced RPer. Pulling a few definitions of what that means from roleplayerguild.com:
    - You must be VERY coherent and display good writing skills. Use a spellchecker, too!
    - NO one-liners. You can't develop a character or plot by posting single sentences.
    - Post at least a FEW full paragraphs. Did you react to the other characters in the scene? Did you act out and flesh out your character at all? Paragraphs are at least 5 sentences.
    - Each post must advance some element of the story in a significant manner.
    That said, I like to swap RP samples with people I haven't RPed with before; considering my preferred RPing style, I think it's only fair for the both of us. That way we don't head into an RP that's doomed to fail for whatever preventable reason.
    Timing: I don't claim to be the most lightning-quick poster out there. At the most, I will reply about once or twice a day, maybe more if I'm really into the RP. At the least, I will reply about once or twice a week. Of course, I don't mind if my RP partner(s) reply at the same rate... If you expect not to be replying for, say, a month or more, PLEASE let me know! One of my greatest RP peeves is an RP dying without any explanation... and getting none even when I ask about it directly.
    OOC Notes: I really like plotting out characters and plotlines! I think that RPing should be a collaborative effort that goes beyond just playing out a story. I also like getting to know the person behind the character(s). I would personally find it strange to RP in-depth without having at least a little casual chatter on the side through PMs and such (even if it's just, "hey, how's the weather?" No, really).

Story Details
    Genre: I'll do pretty much anything except survival and horror. I like technological and fantasy RPs... if there's a way to mix the two, even better! I also like RPs with some sort of psychological element thrown into the plot\characters... then again, I also don't mind RPs that are light and casual. It just depends on what both I and my potential RP partner are after at the moment.
    Setting: I'm not really picky... futuristic, modern, medieval, you name it, I'll most likely be up for it. I also prefer to RP in locations that are either vague ("a nearby forest" or "the castle on the mountain"), or completely fictional.
    Likes & Dislikes: I'm not into RPing girlxgirl or guyxguy... I don't have anything against such storylines, it's just that I personally don't feel that I'd be able to do those kinds of characterizations justice. I really really really LOVE in-depth characterizations and plotlines... even if they're not that way at first, it's a thrill when\if they grow into those kinds of stories\characters. I also like to play more than one character... I bring in new characters to my RPs all the time, and I certainly don't mind my RP partner doing the same. Makes things more interesting!
    Story Notes: There should be drama of some sort. Physical danger, psychological trauma, a misinterpreted love triangle, a runaway pet, missing a really important meeting... anything that brings interest and dynamics into the story and characters.

Characters
    Preferred characters: I almost always make up characters for each new RP I'm in. I can play either guys or girls, usually up to the age of around 25 or so. The characterizations differ depending on the RP's need... I can go dramatic, diva, gloom-and-doom, ditzy, whatever. I just like for my main character and my partner's main character to contrast in some way, whether minor or major. It makes for a more interesting character relation dynamic.
    Character Notes: I like to fangirl over my characters with my RP partners ("So-and-so is so cool!" or "Haha, What's-her-face is adorable when she gets mad, right?"). Really, when I make a character and the RP sticks around, they get to be like my brain-baby or something.

------

Any other questions? Think we're RP-compatible? Feel free to shoot me a PM!

OOC Details
    Method: I'd say full featured for group role plays and thread for one on one.
    Rating: general to adult, either way works for me
    Playing Style: I prefer third person past tense and believe in quality over quantity. That means I want posts that portray your character and my own, but we don't need details on the local weather and politics or the thread count of your gown ;p. Also, when it comes to back ground and physical description I love when things are revealed bit by bit, ie. a character brushes their hair and the color is revealed, or sees an ice cream cone that reminds them of X major past event.
    Timing: On week days (and recently week ends to some degree as well) I can generally post one decent reply per day. You may see me around the other boards, but random chatter takes far less thought ;p.
    OOC Notes: I like having an idea of where things are going but don't like for things to be set in stone.

Story Details
    Genre: probably best to check here. My list is rather long.
    Setting: I like varying settings and time periods, tend to be rather vague on both
    Likes & Dislikes: I like plot twists, characters with issues, and darker concepts.
    Story Notes: I'm up for just about any thing, really.

Characters
    Preferred characters: I love playing both genders, though tend toward males. I like playing females and strange creatures as well though. I have a particular interest in playing less than human creatures (from were wolves, to gryphons, merpeople to a spynx )
    In the pool right now I have my poor "normal" human, Nicolas and in the clone warehouse I have my time traveler, The Seeker.
    Character Notes: Character Growth is super important! I start out with fairly vague back ground just SO I can flesh them out and have them grow and change over time!
    Last edited by Aerion; 07-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.

OOC Details
    Method: 1x1
    Rating: Will play both, have a slight preference for Adult.
    Playing Style: Third person- sorry but first person posts annoy me, I can't explain it either then it just does.
    Posting length would hopefully be a minimum of one paragraph per post, ideally even more. The occasional one-line if it CAN'T be helped won't make me run, but hopefully that won't ever happen because I can't work off of nothing.
    Spelling and grammar must at least make you understandable, anything less and I can't post. No chatspeak, leetspeak, etc unless it is your CHARACTER speaking.
    Timing: I'm on everyday, most of the day barring special circumstances, although I tend to get up in the afternoons here. -8 PST I think. And I will post as many times as a day as I can if I have something to reply to. I don't require someone to be this active, and will even do rps that post only once a day sorta thing. Just ideally I'd love someone more active.
    OOC Notes: I started out in casual rp so not used to planning out so I'm fine starting out with no plan and developing one as we go along. That's not to say I don't like planned storylines, etc. I enjoy that too, just not as experienced with it.

Story Details
    Genre: Fantasy! Any fantasy type and you've got my interest. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but if you have sci-fi and fantasy mixed willing to give that a try. I've played mostly medieval rps, and modern fantasy. But I'm always willing to listen to a proposed type^^
    Setting: Variety is the spice of life.
    Likes & Dislikes: I like pretty much everything. I am not squeamish or easily bothered so dark fantasy is fine even. There are somethings I sort of dislike but am willing to try if the story concept is interesting.
    Story Notes: Even if there is no interesting plot or sl, the characters at least must be interesting. Something that catches my attention otherwise I will lose enthusiasm, and I love challenges!

Characters

Preferred character: Currently craving nothing specific, so no characters come to mind. Will changee this if needed.
    Character Notes: I will play pretty much anything, of any sort of gender, and probably have played all types of personalities.
    Last edited by Tigerkytti; 07-15-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

OOC Details
    Method: Either or actually. I can do 1x1 or multi.
    Rating: Id say more adult, since i tend to swear but i can do general as well
    Playing Style: I do story posting, so it is usually lengthy. No third person
    Timing: Ill usually post at least five to ten times a day, but this always depends on who else rps with me.
    OOC Notes: I come off very eccentric, but really i am not that bad.

Story Details
    Genre: Fantasy settings are the best for me but i can play moderns and sci fi's.
    Setting: Medieval setting is usually what i tend to play.
    Likes & Dislikes: i cant do yuri or yaoi. Sorry
    Story Notes: As long as we can work together, then no issues. Oh no characters falling madly in love at first sight. That just drives me crazy.

Characters
    Preferred characters: I usually play elves and i can play male or female. Otherwise i will make up new characters to fit the scenes.
    Character Notes: N/A
    Updates Mondays

OOC Details
    Method: Full featured, group
    Rating: Either rating is good for me... although I tend to swear a lot with some of my characters it just depends on the setting.
    Playing Style: I prefer third person posts but I don't really care as long as I can understand it. I will post in third person though
    Timing: I'll post couple times a week, and I would like the other person to post the same amount or something.
    OOC Notes: I'm just getting back into rping after the death of my latest muse... so I'm a bit slow on writing and getting good posts. Plus I'm having a few health problems (such as pain too bad to sleep so having a hard time sleeping) which make it hard for my brain to work right. Also look here for more detail of what I'm looking for.

Story Details
    Genre: I'm really looking for a yuri type rp along with a western/ranch type setting. But I'm open for any type of setting were I don't have to play a human without extra powers.
    Setting: anything works really
    Likes & Dislikes: I really hate to play a normal human... mainly because I suck at them.
    Story Notes: (Anything else you'd like to add about story details.)

Characters
    Preferred characters: I have a country girl for a western/ranch type setting that is wanting out again. I'll put her up soon maybe.
    Character Notes: (Anything else you'd like to add about characters.)
    Last edited by BoredNeko19; 08-10-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

OOC Details
    Method: Anything. I can do Full-Featured or forum threads; private or group.
    Rating: General rating or adult rating w/restrictions (will not roleplay smut).
    Playing Style: Third person is the only style I post in. Paragraph-wise, it ranges. If you're into meaty posts, I can give you a lengthy post. If you want something on the smaller size, I can give you a paragraph. My average is probably 4 to 7 paragraphs (assuming each paragraph has about five sentences). Word count wise, anywhere from 250 to 2000 tends to be my usual range.
    Timing: It depends. If it's not catching my attention, I'll post less. If it's really interesting, I'll post more. It really varies on the scenario and the person. My mood and life also play a role, too. I almost always cannot post once a day.
    OOC Notes: I can work with just about anything. For the most part, I'm flexible. Just start up a conversation and we can work something out.

Story Details
    Genre: Horror, romance, western, modern, historic, fantasy, realistic, adventure, comedy, etc. I tend to cover them all.
    Setting: I can do any time period. Past, present, future, they are all a-okay by me. I prefer present, but I like to keep things interesting by diving into the other two.
    Likes & Dislikes: I dislike predictable plots and ridge characters. As the roleplay goes on, I want to see the character develop. I like it when my partner talks with me and tells me what they're thinking. If I post something you like, tell me. If it was a little dry, let me know. I want to accommodate you! I also can't stand school and slice of life stories.
    Story Notes: I like rough plot lines. I'd rather not make out a detailed story. So pick a beginning and a suggested turning point, and we'll work on the ending. Sound good?

Characters
    Preferred characters: None in particular. I love all my characters.
    Character Notes: Most of my characters are original characters. Some of them have ridge backgrounds and traits. Others are completely flexible. I also have several canons that I can use and would love to play~! If you don't see a character you like, let me know what you're looking for and I can whip someone up. I love making new characters!
    Last edited by Xavirne; 02-13-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Updated 8.10.12 & 2.13.14

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

OOC Details
    Method: Thread, One x One thread
    Rating: Adult, though your limitations will always be respected <3
    Playing Style: I've always preferred third person perspective. As far as positing length goes, as long as you are giving me more than a line I am comfortable. I will average generally between 2-5 paragraphs a post.
    Timing: I live in Kansas, Central time zone. I work during the day, different days generally during the week. When I am not working, I have a tendency to be on all day. When I do work, expect me on at night, usually up to six in the morning if I don't have to be to work till later the next day. If my partner could manage at least three times a week, it would be greatly appreciated, but of course if you need more time, I can comply. Just speak to me about it.
    OOC Notes: I love to talk. :3 Get to know me. It make rping a lot funner when I know the person you are. That, and I get lonely.

Story Details
    Genre: I like anything with a fantasy element. Also, fandoms are always a blast. I do too many to list.
    Setting: Anything and everything. I am far from picky.
    Likes & Dislikes: I like just a starting idea. Being presented with a plot that I have to follow perfectly in a pain. I like to change things last minute all the time. So just having something to start us off and leave our ends open is wonderful. I also like well developed relationships between characters, no matter what they may be. Romance always tends to stroke me the right way, but at the same time, I love a lot more violence than I should. x3
    Story Notes: Whoot!

Characters
    Preferred characters: I don't have any set characters right now that I like to play. I have a few in mind but at the same time I like making new ones for specific people and roleplays.
    Character Notes: Playing more than one character, something I really enjoy. More to develop and have fun with.

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    OOC Details
    Method: Full-Featured, 1x1 FF or Thread
    Rating: General Only
    Playing Style: First person, Third person, About 2-4 paragraphs, can do longer.
    Timing: About every few days, I'd like the same for the other person. Since I'm on Mountain Time, everyone else posts at really weird, morning times for me, so I'm probably posting when the other person is asleep. Usually on for a few hours.
    OOC Notes: I love talking a plot out before-hand. I can go with the flow though.

Story Details
    Genre: Anything really, but I'm not a big fan of romance, just warning you.
    Setting: Not at all, I can do everything, and prefer to be open-minded.
    Likes & Dislikes: I like an unpredictable plot, but I don't like open-ended "Setting, GO!". I like a basic goal, or idea, but strict and I are not friends. Having characters develop friendships within RP is something I like, I don't enjoy they "Well, you start out knowing this person very well, act like it."
    Story Notes: Nah.

Characters
    Preferred characters: Nope, I like thinking up characters based on scene, plot, and stuff.
    Character Notes: I like playing more than one character, but don't often, as I like to elaborate history and other things and I'm pretty lazy.
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

OOC Details
    Method: Full-Featured
    Rating: Both
    Playing Style: Third Person with at least a good paragraph, though I tend to want more in 1x1.
    Timing: At least once a day!
    OOC Notes: I tend to loose interest fast if the rp is not active.

Story Details
    Genre: Horror, Historical, Comedy.
    Setting: From the 19th to mid 20th centuries
    Likes & Dislikes: I tend to stay away from romances and be a sucker for non creature horror stories with intriguing plot. I love tabletop elements, too!
    Story Notes: I like to take things slow with the plot and characters and build them as time goes on.

Characters
    Preferred characters: Pretty much anything. I would be interested in broadening my horizons!
    Character Notes: My characters tends to be made on the fly, beware!

OOC Details
    Method: Mainly thread, as that's what I'm used to. But I'm open to anything.
    Rating: General
    Playing Style: Usually kinda long posts, depends on my mood and such. Third person.
    Timing: Multiple times per day, if possible.
    OOC Notes: I would like to get to know people, it makes the roleplaying more personal and interesting.

Story Details
    Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, and whatever I'm in the mood for.
    Setting: Any, though modern is kinda boring sometimes.
    Likes & Dislikes: I like action packed stories, so roleplays that tend to be more about life and character interactions are really boring for me.
    Story Notes: My ideal roleplay is one where the players are immersed into a large world, where they control most of the settings/events that go on as long as they relate in some way to the main plot. I've attempted to create one several times but it never caught on. :(

Characters
    Preferred characters: I like to play the strong silent types, deeply troubled and alone individuals. Though I also like playing the socially awkward but very happy upbeat character from time to time. Almost always the same appearance and age.(dark hair, casual clothing, and usually between 14 - 25 in age.
    Character Notes: My characters are usually loners for a reason, I'm not very good at portraying relationships or character development/involvement. So I have to work my way up until I'm comfortable with the characters/member I'm roleplaying with.

Uchihageshi!

OOC Details
    Method: Full-Featured, thread, 1x1 thread, PM
    Rating: Any
    Playing Style: 5+ lines minimum, 4 paragraph maximum, 3rd person
    Timing: twice a day to once every 2 days (with occasional exceptions)

Story Details
    Genre: Any
    Setting: Any
    Likes & Dislikes: Love quick-paced, non-stale RPs, love stuff that wasn't done to death (originality), not big on pre-made universes (some exceptions), hate overly cheesy plots
    Story Notes: If it's original, I'll probably like it.

Characters
    Preferred characters: Original, making a character is 30% of the fun of RPing, if you let me make it, I'll follow whatever guidelines you want.
    Character Notes: I can play a girl, but am better at playing a guy for obvious reasons.

OOC Details
    Method: Anything. FF or thread. One on one and/or group. :>
    Rating: Either or.
    Playing Style: Third person, past tense. I generally write a minimum of 400 words a post, but I don't really have too much of a thing about how much other people write, as long as I have something to work with (though I usually like 200+).
    Timing: Honestly it depends on how busy I am. It ranges from a couple times a day to once or twice a week. Group roleplays tend to get more attention though.
    OOC Notes: Communication is a must for me. Whether through skype, PM or thread. It keeps me motivated and allows planning to happen.

Story Details
    Genre: Fantasy, Urban, Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, Adventure, Medieval Fantasy, Cyberpunk etc.
    Setting: Medieval, Morden, Futuristic, Otherwordly
    Likes & Dislikes: The more characters the better! Drama, complex stories, interconnected histories, crazy ideas, plot twists, minute details that seem irrelevant until revealed otherwise, versatility in character plotting. I like intensity, and worlds that allow for creative mobility. I don't like singling and doubling in one x one threads. It bores me and I can't stick to it because I have other characters jump in randomly and sometimes they like to stick around. Groups are a little different because there's a lot going on already so I can deal with playing one character.
    Story Notes: I generally don't do fandoms.

Characters
    Preferred characters: Honestly - for group roleplays that really interest me, I play what's needed or elsewise, I'm usually up for anything as long as it doesn't transcend into the downright inane. In other words, I'm always willing to try something new, if it doesn't totally freak me out.
    Character Notes: I don't like gender, orientation etc restrictions, the more free reign on a character I have, the better. Males, females, other. Gay, straight, pan, asexual etc.