Login to your account

ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn - Closed

In war, all soldiers are soldiers of peace, of prosperity, of paradise.......

Tags: action, crime, dark fantasy, urban

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Closed

Creator: joonsexual

Created: 01-17-2013, 02:38 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 271 to 293 of 293

1. Characters in this post:
    "Security?" he looked through the pages that he had laid out on the floor, and then at the ones that had littered his lap, and then at the ones that he had laid to the side when he had started looking for the page on security. It was the last one, at the very back of the packet, and it had barely a paragraph's worth of information on it- and it had nothing to do with the upper floor.

He looked back at the blond, was was actually standing way too close for his own good and then quirked up an eyebrow.

"What security? This booklet says nothing on it."

2. Characters in this post:

"The books only show what they want us to see," Wen chided. "You should know that by now."

Reaching around Locke, so that his left arm resting gingerly against the redhead's hip, Wen tapped at one of the blueprints. "Here. They said it's the Madam's private quarters, but each of the doors have high-security locks. SA-styled locks."

Without releasing the younger agent, Wen whispered, "So, what do you say? Check that out after we talk to Momoko?"

3. Characters in this post:
    Locke was, unlike so many others that the redhead assumed Wen touched, extremely uncomfortable with the way that the other had touched him. Despite the added discomfort, he was able to listen all the way through Wen's comments to finally make one himself.

"I say that we should." Locke muttered back, just waiting for Wen to step back and off by himself. He figured that maybe, if given the chance, the blond would be able to act appropriately for once, but, if anything, Locke was more prepared for failure on this little experiment.

4. Characters in this post:

"Excellent!"

Without disentangling himself, Wen, expertly, maneuvered the two towards the door; his hips swaying with more force than normal. "Smile, Locke, we're going to have to put on a show here."

5. Characters in this post:
    "How about no." It wasn't a question in any form. It was a dark, threatening statement that probably could have sliced through the air and Wen's arms, if it were a knife. He pushed his heels so hard into into the floor, causing unbalance in his steps, and sending him backwards and towards Wen's body.

6. Characters in this post:

For a moment, Wen wondered if he was in serious danger—if Locke was capable of actually hurting him. But before he had time to consider the possibilities, the redhead, by some event or another, stumbled and fell.

Instinctively, Wen caught the redhead, careful to avoid mussing up the overly elaborate hair as he cradled the man in an odd hold.

"Oh, have you fallen for my good looks yet?"

7. Characters in this post:
    Locke glared fiercely at the blond.

"Well, it seem as if I've fallen into them." He glowered at Wen. "So, be a gentleman" he spat the word out, as if it were a curse. "And help me back up, please." He was on the verge of killing the other.

Good-for-nothing idiot... his inner voice growled. What Locke hated more than petty gossip, or the want for something to spread around, was ineffectiveness in the workplace- and Wen, even though he did have valuable knowledge on the locks and security upstairs, was being the very definition of this hatred.

8. Characters in this post:

Picking up on the hostility, Wen frowned. "Chill out. I was just trying to be friendly."

Without another word, the blond released the redhead and marched ahead. He didn't say anything else, but he didn't need to for the situation to be clear: We're not on good terms anymore.

9. Characters in this post:
    Lip ferret. Lip ferret. Alarick attempted not to stare directly at it. He had tried facial hair at one point, but it had been an extremely manicured goatee-esque piece of art and not something that was attempting to devour his upper lip. “Yes, thank you for speaking with us Detective Hui.” He addressed him firmly. Honestly these Chinese names were not slipping from his lips perfectly but the languages in his repertoire were mainly of the Romantic family. Spanish, Deutch, some Italian, and a wee bit of Russian- just wee bit though. “On the current murder cases involving the rose tattoo victims- do you their places of death. Or more accurately their places of discovery? Also any insight you have on this mission would be much appreciated as I am quite new to this area.” He stated with a bright smile in an attempt to weasel out some information from the goodness of heart.

10. Characters in this post:

Ping returned the shake with decided firmness—a show of confidence.

Gesturing to a seat beside a disorganized desk, Ping started talking. "Almost all of the victims were found in low-trafficked areas." He rummaged through the files on his table, shifting through variously colored papers. "The latest victim was different though. Sailors found him on the dock. Or, well, they found a chest and then found him."

After another minute of digging, the brunette unearthed a thick, gray-file. "Ah, here we go." He flipped the cover open, revealing a police report on the very first victim. "And, kid, that's quite a question. You want to know everything about the case? The file is yours." He handed the stack to Alarick, a grim smile twitching on his face. "Truth is, we don't have much. We plotted every drop site, but they're random and there is no comfort zone.

"Whoever this is... they're doing a good job of throwing us off track. As you can see"—he waved at the files stacked high on his desk and the files piled onto every other detective's table—"even with priority cases like this, crime isn't taking it easy on us."

Inside the file, there is a location of where every victim was found. A majority of the victims were found inside abandoned warehouses that border the east-side of the city—near the docks. There have been an equal number of male and female victims. Each victim was found completely disjointed (i.e. they had their joints separated from their sockets). There is a short list of suspects.

11. Characters in this post:
    Acaelus had spent a couple minutes getting suited up, neatly folding his SA uniform into a pile in the private quarters and after he pulled his hair into a tie before gathering the packet they had been given.

Inside were the missions objectives, the restrictions, a list of employed and various other materials, including a map to the grounds. This he pulled out and examined for a while.

He wasn't too surprised when after an extended period of time, there was a knock on his door and Takashi let himself into the space without a word.

Acaelus was told first that the others in his team had been taken care of and they had commenced the investigation without him. And then Takashi urged him to regroup with his team. Acaelus was aware that his absence would be noticed, so he agreed and politely excused himself from Takashi's presence and continued into the compound.

Giving his map a studious glare he travelled to the far side and was met with a vast span of sleek wooden slates of door surrounding the garden and shrouded with a canopy of the exact grain.

Walking up the short steps, Acaelus pushed aside one of the entrances and stepped through to find long hallway in either direction. There was a flurry of voices and then silence at the ending note of a voice he would most likely recognize anywhere.

Moment's later he found Wen and Locke turn the corner at the end of the hall. Each were decked out in the finest dresses, striding towards him in shoes that made them almost level with his own height, and their makeup and hair was done up so well that it was near impossible to pick out who they really were, except Acaelus knew.

And he frowned when he found Masami was missing.

“Where's Masami?” He asked as he met them halfway through the hall.

12. Characters in this post:

As he rounded the corner, Wen was surprised to find Acaelus standing there.

"Where's Masami?"

And, naturally, the agent skipped any form of pleasantries. He, much to Wen's chagrin, didn't even mention how good the blond looked. Sighing dramatically, Wen gave a helpless shrug. "She's somewhere around. Probably."

13. Characters in this post:
    "Neither of us know." Locke said, the harshness and irritation nearly immediately erased from his entire being. He was still in the process of readjusting the fabric to be a bit more comfortable, as it still felt all too twisted around his torso. When he finally decided that it was a lost cause, he put his hands back into the sleeves and stared back at the man in front of them.

"Song and Masami had went out to begin the investigation, while I went over the packets." Locke then gestured to the man at his side. "He came back, and Masami has not been seen since." With the situation explained, and the fact that he was now in the presence of one of the best agents in SA, he would most likely clam up considerably. He honestly didn't want to seem like much of an idiot, or proclaimed useless by Mr.I'm-an-S1-But-I'm-A-Normal-Agent-Too.

14. Characters in this post:
    “Yes there was mention of this crate,” Alarick mused somewhat under his breath. The oddity of this murder in the case made him wonder if something hadn’t gone wrong in their usual string of- well- murders. It was near about painfully confusing, but he figured whatever Agent Aeres and Agent Quilliam discovered might draw some lines. There were the rose tattoos, the odd tattoo on the boy, this crate, the way that they were discovered- pulled apart, and the fact that there was no rhyme or reason to the choosing said victims. So- where did that leave them? In Bat-Shit-Crazy Land.
    His eyes skimmed over the list of suspects, and sighed as he knew nothing about them or how they were even connected to do this crime. “There any way to learn more about these suspects? For instance why they are implicated on these crimes.” He sighed, “seems like a lot of footwork for one person. Weird footwork.” He eyed the sheer amount of paperwork the detective’s desk and frowned. There was a lot to do obviously. “I can use the desktop in our planning room for that- unless you have anything particular to add. I might be back to bother you- but I don’t want to be in your hair too much- you obviously have a lot to do.”

15. Characters in this post:

"We have the interrogations archived. You can access those tapes through Janus"—he paused before quickly explaining—"Janus is our system AI."

Scratching underneath his chin, Ping allowed himself a loud sigh. "Agent, we're not as funded or well-manned as SA. We have a lot of crime and we don't have nearly enough officers." There was bitterness in his words. "The suspect files are also stored on Janus. It's—"

"Actually, the entire case is now linked onto Janus," a freckle-faced man spoke up from the next desk. He had thick black hair and doe-like eyes that seemed even bigger behind his circular lenses. "Langley uploaded everything yesterday."

Janus is a lot like Jarvis from Ironman. You can access Janus when you turn on the interface inside the work room.

REQUEST: Please don't ask Janus to do a shit-ton of things at once. It's hard for me to write posts where I have to answer to ten-different conversation prompts. It's also very boring.

16. Characters in this post:
    “Well thank you Detective Ping,” Alarick stated warmly and put the file neatly underneath his arm. Honestly he wanted as much information he could have and having a paper and electronic copy could come in handy. This presented multiple sources to draw information from at the same time, and if he got tired of technology he had good ole fashioned typed words to make him happy. Either way- this case wasn’t going to be fun on his psyche.

Leaving the pit of detectives he headed back to the small room that as their ‘home base’. He sat the case down on the desk and loaded the desktop. By this time he didn’t know what Agent Gear was up too, but just that he wasn’t following Agent Reindhart like a lost puppy. That suited the man as did the lack of Agent Aeres.
    “Janus,” he stated firmly- not really knowing what to expect. “Are the labs back on that crate?” He figured he would start in the glaring oddity in this case, and then work to suspects. This was going to be a tedious process.

17. Characters in this post:

"Good morning, Agent Reindhart."

A voice with an American accent filled the room as the tabletop glowed blue in activation. There was no face to Janus, but there was a voice.

"I'm assuming that you are referring to the chest from File 44A-X1." There was a pause, presumably to allow the intelligence to locate the necessary files. After a moment, Janus spoke again, "Yes, the reports have been filed. What would you like to know?"

18. Characters in this post:
    “Morning,” he stated somewhat sterilely to the computer. The said chunk of electronics then corrected him and defined his search for him. Thank goodness for artificial intelligence. “Yes I am- thank you.” Alarick knew he didn’t have to be polite to the computer, but it didn’t hurt anything. “Yes I would.” That was welcome news to learn that the information on the crate would be back- maybe that would help some loose ends on this out-of-place murder. Or maybe it might make things more confusing.
    Who knew really.
    "Let's see. Give me what the lab discovered. Material, make, any manufacturer information, and if the lab found any peculiarities in it." So he pretty much asked for the entire report, but he didn't want to be vague in this- all his bases needed to be covered. Of course all the poor computer would have to do was flash him the lab report. Or talk about the lab report. Whatever talking computers did.

19. Characters in this post:

"The chest appears to be antique-craft—oak, handmade. Late twentieth century." There was a pause before Janus spoke up again. "I wasn't able to source the item, but I did come across this listing."

Without waiting for a green-light from the agent, the intelligence brought up its discovery. The table's surface grew dim and, at the location closest to Alarick, revealed an identification card. Pictured in the corner of the card was a woman with plain brown hair, dark eyes, and a small mouth.

"Her name is Zhang Chun-Hua, twenty-four, and currently living in District-Base 5. Six years ago, she put up an ad for a chest similar to ours. The ad was claimed by an anonymous user by the handle of SweetAutumn020277.cn. There is no further information concerning the buyer. I do believe the data has been erased."

As Janus spoke, the identification card magnified for Alarick's reading ease. "I have also drafted directions to her most current housing. Would you like me to send them to your devices?"

20. Characters in this post:
    Gear walked into the room a little after Alarick, who was rushing around so much that the Tenebrae user thought the scarred man was gonna keel over soon. He obviously wasn't paying attention to Gear, who at one point left and got them both cofee from the break room. He walked over to Alarick and handed him a To-Go cup with the dark liquid inside. "Figured you'd need this" he said as Janus mentioned the box.

"A three thousand year old box used in a murder. Well we can check off anyone who isn't rich from our suspect list. Janus, what was the asking price for the box?"

21. Characters in this post:
    Alarick was a bit surprised that this was a viable lead. Not that he doubted his own intelligence for a moment, but the fates had aligned as of late to make things a bit more complicated for him. Of course the lead wasn’t all encompassing of every single question they had in this murder considering that the buyer had stripped their information for moments just like these. The name they used was even generic. “Yes,” he stated firmly to Janus upon the question of needing the information. “Though six years is quite some time, but maybe we can gather something from questioning her.” Alarick rambled to himself. It was in that pensive moment that he barely realized that Agent Gear had returned bearing coffee. “Thanks.” Yet this gratification was short lived as his keen eye went to discerning exactly what went into this coffee. It wasn’t as if he was a coffee snob, but he was unsure what sort of coffee grounds an ill funded police department used. Alarick sipped it with reluctance and felt as it burned his throat all the way down. Of course it was strong- one glance at Detective Ping’s caseload should have told him that.

22. Characters in this post:

"There was no asking price," Janus answered evenly. His voice was calm, knowledgable, and indifferent to the coloration of emotions and opinions. "And if there was a monetary agreement made between the seller and the buyer, it was not done through any public server."

Without another question, the computer stayed silent.

23. Characters in this post:
    Alarick sighed. They had one lead and that was well enough, but he didn’t know how much they would get off of it. The woman sold the box over six years ago, and if there was anything remarkable about the suspect it might have been skewed from years of disuse. A finger came to the side of his face and he slowly scratched it in pensive quietness. For a moment the room wreaked of heavy thought before he spoke again. “Janus,” he was very well aware that he didn’t have to properly address the computer- but he did anyway. “What about the tattoo on the latest victim? And not the rose one, but the other. Do we have any intel on where he could have gotten it? Or if it had any significance beyond the obvious aesthetic?” He took another slow sip of the coffee. The bitterness could be overlooked for the welcoming warmth it provided and the rush of caffeine that was sure to come.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 271 to 293 of 293