Login to your account

ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn - Closed

In war, all soldiers are soldiers of peace, of prosperity, of paradise.......

Tags: action, crime, dark fantasy, urban

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Closed

Creator: joonsexual

Created: 01-17-2013, 02:38 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 121 to 150 of 293

1. Characters in this post:

"Shit, they're synergists."

Candy threw the radio onto the ground in a fit of rage, her face screwing up into a twisted and ugly snarl. "Move to defend, get the compound secured," she snapped and, like someone had flipped a switch, the guards were immediately on their feet, armed with rifles. 'Well? Go!"

"Are we really going to have to fight synergists?" A redhead whispered as the sentry rounded a corner, his gun raised and pointed at an imaginary head. "Doesn't it seem kind of suicidal?"

"Well, kill them or go to prison. What do you wanna do?" The white-haired, one-eyed man asked, his tone deeply unfriendly. "I, for one, ain't looking to get booked."

"Right." It was then that the device at his side started to buzz, vibrating loudly for attention. Reaching for it with his spare hand, the redhead cursed and put a hand out to stop his companion from walking any further. "They came in through the south entrance."

The white-haired guard glanced up at the door before them. That was the south-door hallway. That was where the synergists were coming from. "You sure 'bout that?"

"Yeah, the devices that TK installed said it's them."

"A'ight, then we best prepare ourselves." He raised his gun and pointed it at the door, finger on the trigger.

2. Characters in this post:
    The attack did not hit the target. It was a big failure. Her flame caused damage to the already vulnerable building, making the affected area collapse. Skylar clenched her teeth as she looked up. I should have burnt the whole thing instead of shooting a fireball, she tsktsked and her eyes widened at Riley's insult. As she was about to dash towards the rival and vent her anger recklessly, someone appeared and killed Riley right before her eyes.

The mysterious blonde appeared out of nowhere and tossed them a suitcase. When the man proceeded to take off a ring from Riley's burnt corpse, she stepped forward to protest. "I'll be taking this as payment for saving you guys and doing your mission for you." He froze her with a casually spoken statement. Indeed, they had almost failed their mission - my very first mission - and without the mystic intruder's 'help', they might not have successfully found the paintings.

“Agent Quilliam help me move Agent Maalik- we need to get him upright and his feet elevated. The best thing for him right now is not go into shock. So when I do that- I need to you compress the wounds to the best of your ability- think you can do that?” Agent Reindhart's voice interrupted her thoughts. She turned to the man and nodded. Agent Maalik was badly wounded. The sight of his unconscious face, blood, cuts and bruises was not pleasant. The redhead carefully did what she was told and tried her best to help.

3. Characters in this post:
    It was about ten minutes before the DiD came to their aid. When Gear saw them he shot his flare up and the agents came running to his position. He rushed down to the others who had successfully gotten Maalik into proper medical position.

"DiD is about twenty meters out. How is he holding up?" Gear asked hopefully. He was already dreading telling Helena about his injuries.

4. Characters in this post:

(Note: All DiD agents are dressed in a manner similar to the image above. All agents have their faces concealed and their voices obscured.)

"Flares?" One of the agents noted in confusion. "Why flares?"

"Broken NAV-system?" Another agent hedged, but sounded equally uncertain.

"But we can... see them?"

"It doesn't matter," a third agent answered, her tone stiff. "There's an agent down. Let's move."

The group was quick to reach the stranded field agents and even quicker with the recovery units. It took only seconds for the three to setup the stretcher, secure the fallen agent, and then activate the stasis shield. It was, at most, a two-man job, but there were five agents present.

One of them, a dark-haired, dark-eyed male approached Alarick. He was taller than the Pulvius Synergist, but had the presence of a shadow. "Agent Reindhart, I am Special Agent Kayne." His voice was low and raspy with a touch of technology—voice distortion. "The DiD is very interested in the data you have collected. May I?"

The man pointed towards Alarick's glasses, but waited for permission.

5. Characters in this post:
    “Thank you Agent Quilliam,” Alarick remarked and gave her an endearing look. He attempted to smooth the situation over with some sweet return on her actions. Here they had gone against a power far more overshadowing than their initial goal, and she was holding together particularly well. It was never easy to be faced with a downed companion- especially when it was the strongest out of your group.

Alarick was exhausted, pained, and without a doubt probably in a far more critical condition than he was letting on. It was amazing what adrenaline did to someone, and currently he was basking its’ glow.

Fortunately they didn’t have to wait long for the DiD to show up- they were prompt and quite talented in their work. He stood up and away from Agent Maalik’s form, and watched somewhat aimlessly as they hauled their wounded team member away. About that time he became aware of a throbbing ache in his arm, and he gripped it tightly. After a moment of uncomfortable pressure he pulled his hand back and saw it glistening with the red of his blood. “Tsk,” he blew through his lips.
    A DiD member approached him shortly afterwards, and Alarick found himself staring for a moment before focusing in on the person before him. “Agent Kayne,” he remarked. His clean- but pained- arm pulled upwards and he snatched his glasses from off of his nose. ‘Dammit I wanted to go over the information,’ he inwardly remarked. Unfortunately it was not a particularly good idea to hold back giving the DiD information. “Of course- but I will be getting this back correct? They do have quite a bit of personal information tied into them from my phone.” Aka that newest picture of Wen. “And I would hate it if you were shown something you didn’t much care to see.” With that he straightened his mouth and offered a sterner response. “The finer mission details are on there, and while the video recorded it might be a bit blurry if hard to read in some places. I didn’t have many chances to stand still and get a clear shot.”

6. Characters in this post:
    AGENT KAYNE : DiD AGENT

Agent Kayne, trained to observe the tiniest of details, didn't miss the signs of growing pain as the other agent shifted uncomfortably in his spot.

Evidently, it hadn't escaped the eagle eye of his colleague either.

"Agent"—a pink-haired woman with guarded, doll-like eyes approached the two, her demeanor just as clipped as Agent Kayne's—"May I see your injury?" The question was merely a gestural formality. She didn't wait for the man to agree before taking his hand, careful to keep the injury to a minimum.

Ignoring the medical agent, who was now scanning the limb with a handheld device, Agent Kayne received the glasses. "It will be returned to you at the soonest time possible." Translation: You will probably never get it back.

"When you encountered Jonathan Riley, did he say what he was doing here?"

7. Characters in this post:
    The wind struck him like a wave, hard and sharp against his body in seemingly all places, enveloping his senses and cutting off all the things around him. And the sound of Hyde's voice was the only thing that seemed to penetrate the thick current.

The next moment he found Hyde on his feet once more, with his constraints shattered on the ground at his feet, the wires of the handcuffs shocking against the concrete pitifully. Acaelus growled low in his throat and narrowed his gaze at Hyde, “It's enough, Hyde.” Acaelus spat and quickly unsheathed his quarter staff from his back once again, gripping the weapon, charging it with a burst of his energy before lengthening it as he charged towards the other man.

It was only a few steps forward and with quite a bit of effort Acaelus was able to smash across the man's charging winds. The wind swished around the limb and Acaelus grit his teeth, forcing the sparsely charged rod to meet the man's side in a torturous blow. The effort had Acaelus bounding back a few steps, breathing in deeply from the exertion of attempting to crush the other man's power. Acaelus slid to the ground, falling into a defensive position and keeping his eyes trained on Hyde's movements.

8. Characters in this post:
    HYDE : WANTED CRIMINAL

It was too little, too late.

The oversight costed him and Hyde bit his lower lip at the impact. The last-minute buffer wasn't enough to stop the attack, but it was enough to soften the impact, feather away some of the pain.

It was enough to keep him from dying.

"So fast," the brunette spat out, wincing noticeably when his lungs tried to expand. Well, that was going to bruise. "But you're going to do a whole lot better than that if you want to beat me."

And as he talked, the wind started to take shape and gather around the brunette's hand. They swirled faster and faster and then, very noticeably, it sparked blue and white. Electricity.

"Do you know how to tango, Agent? 'Coz I've been taking lessons." He darted forward, propelled by wind, and swung at the other man.

9. Characters in this post:
    Acaelus' eye widened when he witnessed the shy blue and white sparks growing alive and and striking against one another between the man's fingers. Each one of them dancing against the man's wind dangerously.

He knew what that was. He had studied the degrees in his youth and the sight of those streams of energy made his breath catch in his throat, but his body reacted to the surprise in a thankfully different way.

The moment the ball of crackling light expended from the man's palm, Acaelus was moving. His legs tucking beneath him and his shoulder hit the floor hard enough to jar him, as he attempted to evade the attack.

Unfortunately he didn't escape the shocks of electricity that bounced against each other above him. They struck his side turned face and neck as well as his upper shoulders as they fell.

A gurgled shout cracked through his lips and Acaelus was left convulsing on the warm ground, clutching his staff and struggling to gather his strength and push off the ground through the charges of electricity; and quickly enough to avoid letting Hyde gain the upper hand.

10. Characters in this post:

His fist slammed into the floor, cratering the ground where it connected. Bits and pieces of rock flew up in response, but landed neatly around the brunette.

"Lucky," Hyde grinned as he jumped back, his hands still sparkling with condensed energy. "Think you can go two for two?"

The brunette dashed forward again, his hand dragging air behind it as he ran. "And, boom."

11. Characters in this post:
    Acaelus was on his feet a moment after the charges had finally dragged through his veins. He could feel himself growing weaker with each breath he exhaled but there was no time for him to focus on that.

The next thing he knew, the ground beneath his feet was vibrating and the other man was rushing forward, the ground where he had just stood pooled in a concave fashion. Flipping his staff in his hands (having to resort to using his injured arm for a greater advantage) Acaelus quickly drained some of his power into the slim creases of the cool metal in his grip and met the other man half way through his advance.

The strike was sloppier than he would have intended, but it struck deep in the man's gut.

The charged staff against Hyde's body sent vibrations up Acaelus' arms as he spun around next to Hyde and brought his staff down against the man's spine. The crack of metal against the man's body made Acaelus wince with the pull it took to land the blow and Acaelus stumbled back slightly as the aggression of his attack steadied.

His clammy fingers flexed around the staff in his grasp and he breathed out, still feeling the current of sickly warm wind gathering ash, flames and blowing bits of debris through the air he breathed.

12. Characters in this post:

He could feel the wind forced out of his body, violently expelled from his lungs as the staff connected with his lower chest. He stumbled backwards, but not far enough.

Blood and saliva spilled from his lips, splattering in uneven amounts.

"That was a freebie," he wheezed, his voice oddly pitched. The electricity died around his hands and the currents of the wind slowed to a breeze. "Don't think it'll happen again," he laughed, coughing up more red.

"Let's get down to business."

Still holding onto his side, Hyde, with his free hand, cut through the air. Wind, as sharp as knives and as fast a hunting cheetah, arced forward, the the body of the crescent aiming for Acaelus.

13. Characters in this post:
    Locke's fingers were carefully wrapped around the handle of the gun, and he could feel the adrenaline surge through his veins. He took in a deep breath before starting down the hallway, coming to the near end of it. He glanced back at Kanon with a slight nod.

"You ready?" he whispered. Of course she is ready. She's looking to get into this kinda thing anyway.

14. Characters in this post:
    accessdenied"Yeah," she breathed, her own hand locked onto the katana at her waist, "Yes, I'm ready." Kanon took a huge breath; her nerves were getting to her. It was her first time on the field, after all. Control yourself...you can do this...what was all that training and studying for anyways? For this, right? Kanon, get into it. With this, her eyes narrowed, and the girl nodded, "Let's do this."

15. Characters in this post:

The wait was killing the redhead.

It made his skin itch uncomfortably and his heart beat anxiously. The longer he waited, the more he worried—what if this was a mistake? What if they should just surrender? What if, what if, what if?

"Do—Do you really want to do this?"

"Quit your yappin' and jus' be ready, boy," his companion snaped, his finger resting eagerly on the trigger. The blond was unafraid and his composure was steady while the redhead's was barely holding it together. "They'll be comin' any second now."

And, at the thought, the redhead could feel his heart sink. He didn't really want to do this, but, at the same time, he didn't want the alternative either.

16. Characters in this post:
    The DiD agents were as observant as ever- and just as damn touchy.
    The woman’s hold over his arm didn’t hurt, but he had to fight back a reflexive wince as she grabbed a hold of it. Alarick studied her for a moment and offered a sweet smile in her general direction. He wasn’t trying to butter her up because he was well aware that she would probably respond as positively to it as if he asked her thoughts about the socioeconomic effect of a radical movement on China and the Eastern Indies. It would be nothing but silence.

Agent Kayne on the other hand was a bit more intrusive of Alarick’s personal space- and furthermore his property. “Usually I at least have three successful dates with a man before he takes home my personal property. How about we call it even with just one.” He proposed- assured that his forwardness would ignored as if he was nothing more than a brick wall.
    “No,”Alarick stated shortly. “Or at least nothing of interest- mostly just how he was going to kill us and that Agent Maalik was a child with synergy. There was mention him being the ‘Gravedigger’, but beyond that I didn’t get much. You should ask Agent Gear for the finer points- he is the one that riled the man up.”

17. Characters in this post:
    Acaelus sucked in a breath as the sharpness of the wind sliced the air apart, it was heading straight for his face and Acaelus barely made the move to bring his staff up and shield his face with his forearm and the slim rod. The fabric of his uniform split open and his blood splattered as gashes from the strike tore open his flesh. His voice cracked as he shouted in agony. The pain was burning heat through his arm and he wondered for a moment if he would ever be able to use the limb again. With the amount of damage that it had been effected with: he wasn't very optimistic.

Once the strike connected, Acaelus felt the rest of the wind blow past him in a rush and he recovered as quickly as he was able. Setting his shoulders and straightening his back he let his cold gaze fall to Hyde once again and dropped his bleeding arm to his side, the staff slick in his crimson tight grasp. “Is that it, Hyde?” His words were strained and somewhat somber. Acaelus was confident in the way Hyde was currently holding his side and the way his blood was now trailing down his sweat damp throat, the bruises forming on his pale skin and the cracks in his singed knuckles, this conflict between them would be over soon. “You're willing to die here?”

Acaelus wasn't happy about the fact that this man would not come quietly or that their fight would inevitably end in either one of their deaths. It might have been his pride but although Hyde was a criminal that was sanctioned to be executed on sight, Acaelus was bitter about the failure that he would see for being unable to capture him alive. And the knowledge that Acaelus would inevitably be Hyde's executioner, almost made him feel sick.

Without waiting for an answer, Acaelus gathered the rest of his strength and sifted the most amount of power he had—since the fight had begun—into the metal of his bloody staff and advanced on the man in a few swift movements. Acaelus ignored the thick power pulsing through the weapon at his side for an instant and chose to thrust his fist into the side of Hyde's face instead.

18. Characters in this post:
    "We can try an element of surprise." They only had to have minimal civilian casualty anyway. He glanced to the vent installed on the ceiling, and an idea quickly came to mind.

"We'll smoke them out through the vents first. They'll pretty much funnel through the door and they'll be easy targets, I suppose. If you have any objections, please do tell. I'm up for ideas on how not to get us killed." His voice was a low whisper. He had always wanted to try his lovely idea, and his previous partners and teams have seriously declined on this suggestion, usually finding it stupid. Locke thought otherwise, and no matter how many times he had tried to explain, it was the best way to really find out how many people were in a room, and usually put the targets in a compromising situation.

And Locke really did love the idea of working with an Imber synergist. They could do some serious damage working together and the idea made him oddly happy.

19. Characters in this post:
    "You actually got the jist of it Agent Reindhart. He and his friend, Tommie I think, gather Markus Errol the money, who proceded to run off with it. then i entered the building through an open window and the devastating fight insued, Riley destroyed the building, the rest of our group arrived and then the redhead played his trump. He manipulated gravity. He used it on Maalik just before a long haired blonde showed up, incererated Riley and tossed the stolen paintings at our feet. Then promptly left."

20. Characters in this post:
    She just stood there and watched as the efficient DiD recovery units came and took the wounded man away. That was merely her second time to see DiD agents, given that she had never left Halcyon before the mission. What's with the masks and digitalised voices...? the youngster rolled her eyes. They might even look more mysterious than those SA carrying out secret missions, she assumed.

Then she overheard the conversation between the DiD agents and her other two teammates. Skylar almost found their overly formal tones annoying. Folding her arms, "The blond also took a ring away from the burnt dude," she added after Agent Gear's recall.

21. Characters in this post:

"Death? Is that all you have to threaten me with?" Hyde laughed as he shook his head, his body shaking. "My man, there is so much more to life than death."

But even though Hyde was laughing, his expression was pained and his words were rushed, filtered and labored. "But you're definitely jumping the gun with this whole: I'm going to die here thing."

Wind met the punch, parrying the attack as effectively as ever, but Hyde was still coughing and blood trailed from the corner of his lips. "Ah, so this thing probably isn't going to be enough." He spoke more to himself than to Acaelus, but loud enough so that he could be heard over the roaring of the wind. "I should have known this wasn't going to work. Made a mistake."

He laughed, but even his laughter was starting to sound forced—strained. By now, it was evident that Hyde was in no condition to fight and logic would have prohibited the rapid currents separating him and Acaelus. Logic should have prohibited the manipulation, but it didn't.

"Do you see this?"—the brunette ungloved his left hand, revealing long, spindly fingers adorned with rings—"This is how Halcyon is going to fall. This is how—"

Blood arched into the air, moving through the sky in a crescent pattern before meeting with the ground, red splattering into drops.

Hyde looked at Acaelus with wide, opened eyes—shocked, surprised, confused—and the words he wanted to say died on his lips. It wasn't long before the brunette fell to his knees, his face kissing the earth, and the glow around his rings faded to black—revealing the obsidian base.

"Pity, really," a blond with short, choppy hair and a lopsided tiara casually commented, shaking his head as he walked up to the body. "You, Mr. Hyde was a tough man to find." Kneeling on one knee, the stranger slipped the obsidian rings off of Hyde's fingers, pocketing the jewelry as he spoke. "Really, you were such a stupid man to have run."

Getting up, the blond turned to Acaelus and flashed the agent a smile and a thumbs up. "Should I say thanks for distracting him? Or should I be saying, 'you're welcome' for saving you?"

22. Characters in this post:
    AGENT KAYNE : DiD AGENT

"I apologize for the inconvenience, Agent Reindhart," the brunette spoke evenly. "But this is of great interest to the DiD."

The jokes went unanswered and the agent was business-as-usual—typical of the Discovery Division.

It was then that another one of the agents spoke, his retelling of the events to-the-point.

"I see," Kayne nodded as he recorded the information the brunette offered. Giving the agent a quick once-over, Kayne added, "Agent Gear, after your medical examinations are over, please keep your schedule available for further questioning."

"The blond also took a ring away from the burnt dude."

Kayne looked to the new speaker, a younger redhead still wearing graduate clothes—in-training. If the man was surprised by her presence, he said nothing and his eyes reflected nothing. "A ring? Can you describe the ring?"

23. Characters in this post:
    His parried attack knocked him back a few paces and he hissed as the air swirled around him like a whirlwind hurricane, his limbs aching with pain from overuse and heavy against the pressure of the gale. As fast as the air began, however, it ceased. Dropping so suddenly around and settling with the uncomfortable sticky warmth that only existed because of the blazing building a few yards away from where they stood.

Hyde's explanation blurred and died into the loud cracking and the sound of vehicle alarms blaring in the building breaking around itself. His mirthless dying eyes kept Acaelus' gaze and although Acaelus knew the moment his power shut down that he was dead, a steady beat of shock pulsed through him. And he reared back from the blood that now pooled around the dead man's face across the hot pavement as if he could escape the crimson that seemed to creep towards his boots.

Acaelus' eyes were still on his fallen opponent’s paling face when the voice of the stranger broke through Acaelus' muddled veil of confusion. He shook himself, the adrenaline driving through his veins sweeping away too swiftly, leaving his shoulders to sag and his damaged arm to hang limp at his side.

When Acaelus met the man's eyes he transferred the all but forgotten weapon in his tired grasp to his free hand. Acaelus gathered the silver of strength he had left and shuffled into a defensive stance; raising his staff and pointing the dull tip directly at Hyde's killer, “Who are you?” Acaelus demanded, no matter how thankful he was for Hyde being finally gone and his threat gone with him: Acaelus was to far wound up to trust the first person to arrive and defeat an enemy that nearly held his life, “How do you know this man—did... how did you know this man?”

24. Characters in this post:
    UNKNOWN PERSON : UNKNOWN

"Woah!" The blond yelped as he took a step back, arms raised in the universal sign of surrender. "Trying to take my eyes out or something with that?" But the grin curving his lips betrayed his words.

"I'm not here to pick a fight with you, Agent." He dropped his hands to his sides, but was careful to keep them away from his pockets or put out of sight. In fact, other than his initial movements, the man was unusually careful with his body language—nonaggressive, unassuming, and extremely casual. "But I don't think they're as friendly as me."

Coming from around the corner and armed to the teeth were five men, their expressions set to only one mode: kill.

25. Characters in this post:
    Kanon nodded, "That works." She didn't really fancy the idea of surprise, mainly because if she screwed up, she'd most likely end up killing someone. Sure, she knew that with this job came violence, but she really didn't favor death.

However, she listened to Locke explain his idea. "Smoking them out? I can do that," she replied, It's most likely going to end up backfiring, though.... However, Kanon didn't want to doubt the words of one more experienced than she, and continued, "I think that we should have a fallback plan in case they don't escape...or something. What if they have larger numbers?"

26. Characters in this post:
    "Ah... Forget I actually mentioned that. They might be holding a civilian that we don't know about..." He ran a hand through his hair. We're really at a disadvantage... A sigh left his lips. He usually wasn't the one who made the plans, just the guy who really executed them.

Another idea struck, but he kept his mouth shut. They were all like bad jokes: they had no meaning or positive outcome. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. We need more time to plan this out than what we have, damn it.

"We're at a disadvantage if we don't draw them out. We can take that risk of going in blind, or do you have any ideas?"

27. Characters in this post:

ONE WEEK AFTER THE MISSIONS
    ( AT SA HQ, CAPTAIN'S CORRIDOR )

"It was an unfortunate coincidence," Sable remarked as he handed a black, nondescript file to the captain, who's expression had grown stiff from his report.

"There are no such thing as 'coincidence,' Sable." The redhead wasted no time in reading through the statements, her eyes scanning through the text at record-breaking speed. Intelligence was always a variable factor with high probability for error. After all, humans were prone to mistakes. But, just as Sable had said, there were no threat indicators. There was absolutely nothing to suggest the realities experienced by both teams. "Do we have anything on this?"

"Not yet."

"Report to me the moment we do. Also, what are the conditions of my agents?"

"Agent Maalik is still in operation. They can't lift the stasis." The captain's frown deepened at the words, but Sable, unaffected, carried on with his notes. "The gravity properties are affecting his organs in an unusual way. It's, quite literally, readjusted his body's center."

"Gravity?"

"Yes, it's reported that Jonathan Riley was able to manipulate gravity."

Without waiting to hear another word, the captain got up from her seat and stormed out of the office. It was about time she had a word with her favorite cardinal.

( AT DiD HQ, DUSK HALLS )

"When were you going to tell me that Riley had the ability to conjure gravity?" The redhead seethed as she forced her way into the room, ignoring the loud protest of the secretary. The door had come clear off its hinges, its side torn by the violence of wind and untamed anger.

"Calm down, you barbarian. You've destroyed my door," a violet-headed man admonished as he waved away his secretary, who looked petrified by the events. "It's okay, she had an informal appointment with me."

"You— You— What do you know?"

"Nothing." A thick, dark viscous shadow filled in the frame. It fell from the arch and melted into the ground. It was as if there was nothing beyond the door but absolute darkness.

"Bullshit. My agents reported that DiD showed up and confiscated evidence. DiD agents don't respond that quickly unless they know something." She slammed her hands down onto his table, knocking over a few ornaments in the process. Even without the wind at her side, she was physically strong. "What did you know that you didn't tell us?"

The man, with his face hidden behind the traditional face-guard of the DiD, reached for some of the fallen objects, righting them with dedicated care. He wasn't intimidated by the agency's captain. "Erin, you're too emotional. I thought the a cardinal would be more—"

"I might lose an agent because of this!"

"Right, Agent Maalik," but his words lacked concern. "We know nothing and this is the truth. If my division knew anything relevant, don't you think we would have told you?"

"Told me? Like you told me about the Krystal-incident? Or the Czech-incicent?" Leaning down so that their faces were only inches apart, Erin hissed, "I'll decide what is relevant for my agents to know. I was made captain so I could protect them, not watch them walk into situations unprepared."

"Truthfully, Erin, I never really liked you," the man shrugged as he pushed his chair back and got up. He was a head shorter than Erin and his presence was like that of all DiD agents—barely even there. Still, it was impossible to ignore the oppressive weight of a sleeping strength. The Captain of the DiD, one of the six cardinals of Sidereus, was not someone to trifle with. "You have a bad temper and you rush into things. You're the type I detest the most."

Walking around his desk, the man turned on the glass screen. It glowed with an electric blue as data streamed through. "All we have learned so far is that two men, one unidentified, were at the scene. We have nothing on either men. We know nothing."

"Then what of the gravity manipulation? I thought that was impossible."

"Improbable, not impossible, Erin." The screen changed and filled with information on Jonathan Riley, The Gravedigger. "A post-examination of his body says that he is physically incapable of having manipulated gravity, but evidence suggests otherwise. Not only was he able to, he was efficient." Footage started playing; its feed was shaky, but it was clear that Riley had conscience control of the lost art. "It's odd. The film is too poor of a quality to know for certain, but his synergist energy skyrocketed right around here."

"How? People don't just get more energy out of nowhere."

"That is the question, isn't it?"

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING.

28. Characters in this post:
    ‘I am a robot- hear me beep and whistle,’ Alarick pantomimed in his mind before releasing a tight sigh and letting the female agent administer care to his arm. He turned his mind off to when Gear and inevitably Skylar spoke and just let himself mentally recuperate from the entire ordeal. A terse sigh banqueted his lips and he inevitably felt the fatigue of the fight hit him harder than a ton of bricks.

“I think I need to lay down- for a while,” Alarick remarked somberly. “Maybe take a week long nap. Carry me away medical personnel- carry me away.” And with that Agent Reindhart was pretty much dead to the world.

29. Characters in this post:

He was the first to arrive and, never having been the first for anything responsible, the blond felt slightly out of place. What were the etiquettes for seating in an empty room? Did he sit close to the door, greet every new face? Or did he sit in the back, avoiding people like the plague?

Actually, he wanted to avoid Acaelus and, to a lesser extent, his teammates, like the plague.

The disruption mission had been disastrous, to say the least. For no good reason (or none that Wen could think of), he had passed out after a simple summon. He had never gone unconscious during a mission before, but, now, the only thing his teammates would remember would be his inability to stay functional throughout the assignment. Way to make a first impression!

He frowned at the thought and, deciding that Acaelus would most likely stand than sit, the blond took a seat near the windows. For now, before anyone else arrived, he was going to mentally rehearse and compose his thoughts. He'll need to decide on how he wanted to behave in front of everyone and, obviously, acting like a brat was out of the question.

30. Characters in this post:
    A breath left her lips as the real haired woman made her way to the selected meeting point. The last mission was not something that she'd expected at all. Kanin was foolish to believe that she was already able to accomplish a trivial mission such as this. She had been humbled when seeing how te other people on her team handled things with an efficiency that she simply didn't have.

All in all, Kanon was disappointed in herself. Though they'd managed to fulfill both their primary and secondary objectives, she felt like she was simply a liability to the group. As soon as she felt less exhausted than she had been when she finished the mission, she'd started to train like the world depended on it.

She slid open the door- and was surprised to see Wen. Kanin had ward that he lost consciousness during the mission. Needless to say, she felt it was rather unprofessional for him to do so, and so fixed her expression into a stoic stare, "Oh, it's you," she spoke, "Have your injuries healed?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 121 to 150 of 293