Login to your account

Thread: Hi, my name is...! (Get to know your fellow writers!)

Hi, my name is...! (Get to know your fellow writers!)

I want to start this thread in the OOC section, but I don't know if I should. It seems kind of pointless, but somewhere in the back of my mind, it seems like it could be fun. I don't know... ha. Maybe I just want an excuse to talk about myself, lol.

HI. MY NAME IS...

I know.

We have another thread almost identical in concept to this one that's also on the front page (and thus, theoretically, completely accesible to everyone). But before you burn me at the stake, let me explain:

I wanted to create a thread that didn't really ask big questions or relied on some central character to offer daily prompts. I also wanted to create a fresh space for people to share with the forum a little bit of themselves. In essence, I'm creating a thread that emulates the introduction sub-section, but minus the usual awkward that coats every intro thread.

I want to know what are our member's favorite bands, go-to comfort food, and ideal vacation spots. I wanted a place where we could share ourselves without feeling judged for the things we like or the things we don't like. And, in general, I just wanted to be a bit more connected with the community.

The thing is, this thread doesn't really raise questions, which means I'm depending on everyone to contribute and say things. So tell us about your day, let us know that you loved the movie so-and-so, and don't be shy to share your passion for whatever it is that you have passion for.

Note: For a bit of fun, we can always pretend to write/speak as if we were in one of those meet-and-greet conventions. I guess we can treat this sort of like a loose role-play, but it's not mandatory. It's just how I envision this thread when I picture it, ha.

I guess I'll start.

Hi, you can call me Jing. I'm twenty-something awesome, I'm female and I love fashion, make-up, and all things generic of a girl. I like pretty boys. I love blonde hair, beautiful smiles, and strong jaw lines. I can speak three different languages with varying degrees of fluency. I actually know four, but I can't speak the last one (so we'll pretend like it doesn't matter). I love traveling. I want to teach. And my favorite color of the moment is: teal.

Also, my day has just started, but it's already beautiful.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

I'm Bridgid.

I am turning 21 in March. I am a girl who has been tall since I was little. I maxed out at 6 feet. I am fair skinned, brown-gold hair, and blue eyes. Due to being so fair, I get sunburned a lot. I absolutely adore dogs and other canines. Wolves are my favorite animals. Dylan is my standard black poodle. (But with an even cut. No silly poof for him!) I have an account on DeviantArt to show off my skills. I like to sing, which I'm pretty good at. I can cook, craft, and design. I am the youngest of 6 kids, with 18+ nephews/nieces. (actually, only 5 of them are nieces.) I love my family very much. I am talented with understanding children and I plan to finish off my classes to get a Pre-school job. I've been to many states, and Mexico. I hope to go to Ireland one day and visit my ancestral home.
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 01-13-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Hi, I'm Squid.

I am twenty-something and I live in the middle of no where. You may have heard of it, it's called Texas. I don't do much by day except sleep and clean, when I have free time I can be found listening to music, sleeping (more), working on art commissions (I should be doing that right now, actually), reading or writing. I dislike all forms of religion and identify with atheism. I listen to folk punk and I'm an anarchist. I enjoy conversations a lot and I like long walks on the beach. Just kidding, I hate sand. It sucks, I'd know. I miss California a lot.
    If you were evil, then do evil.
    If you were good, did you regret it?
    Were you successful? Were you clever?
    When you wanted it, did you get it?
    Well, here's your chance, do it again. Do it through me, but it's still you sin.
    I want to taste it, no consequences.
    We'll give each other a second chance.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Hi! I'm Sure2HerWord.

I'm a high school/college student who's cause of death will be stress. Seriously, if the school I am attending had a middle name, it would be stress. I love the color sunset orange and speaking in outrageous accents and made up languages. I also love to do fashion design (I'm a cosplayer and seamstress at heart) and pretend to be a model when I walk down the hallways at school. It is a silly thing, but it's fun when you're serious all the time.

Schiz peers over her cup of strawberry ice cream and cocks an eyebrow, "Talk about myself, huh?" Raising the spoon to her mouth, she popped a mouthful of the sweet treat into her mouth, humming as she mulled about the best way to go about all this. "Well, as you can see this is a lot less awkward for me if I just roleplay it out. So yeah... I'm gonna do it like this. Ya know, be a rebel and all that jazz." She did her best not to mumble, but the spoon was still partially in the way. Was she always this rude?

"Well, my name is Kate. But don't call me Kate unless I tell you that you can." Pulling the spoon from her mouth she points it in your direction, "You can call me Schiz. It's easier that way. Call me Kate on the forum and nobody will know who the hell you're talking to!" With a sigh she poked the spoon into her ice cream and set it aside, realizing it was becoming too much of a distraction. "I'm 21, and I'll be 22 in May, and all I ask for my birthday is to have my own apartment with my boyfriend of five years and our friend. I currently work at WalMart. A big evil corporation that will own your buns one day!" With a laugh, the dark haired female flipped the hair from her shoulder, "Might as well work for them before they become supreme overlords, maybe then when they take over the planet they will let me keep my thoughts." It was becoming difficult for anyone to tell if she was just sarcastic or psychotic. "Anyway... s'not like that matters, right? What matters is that I've got ambitions... I've got goals!" She stuffed her fist up in the air, looking toward the ceiling as if she saw a magnificent glowing light. But just as quickly as her eyes began to sparkle, they faded back to their normal blue-grey dim stare. "But I'll save that for next time."
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 01-17-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    "In following of Schiz's lovely example," the woman waved, a big motion that almost seemed too over the top for her small frame. "And I hope she doesn't mind, but I shall do the same thing, by posting this in role play format. Of course, this may seem unoriginal on my behalf, but hey-", she chuckled. "I guess that is just me."

She rapped the fingers of one hand against the table top, and the other one went through her short blue tipped hair. She grinned.

"Anyway, the name's Lyra, but I go by A Simple Sigh, or Simmie by a select few. I'm twenty two, turning twenty three in June." It was at this point in time that Lyra had gotten distracted by the fact that her seat had the ability to turn, and she proceeded to spin around in what seemed like an endless circle. As she did so, she spoke.

"I'm a professional ballet dancer in a travelling troupe, and I am the shortest one in there, and oddly enough, the lightest." She stopped spinning and leaned on the table, her chin on her arms. "I actually eat quite a bit for a person of my size, but I suppose it is because I do a lot."

"I also do a bit of freelance writing, though, it is only occasional now, since my troupe is preparing for out spring show. Its a lovely dance, if I say so myself, but it requires a lot of concentration on balance... And I kinda sorta fractured my wrist on a fall." she smiled weakly, raising her bandaged wrist. "It is a simple fracture, supposed to heal up somewhere in the next couple of weeks. Sadly, it is going to be so long to the point where I won't be able to practice for a while. So I'll be doing behind the stage things instead of dancing on stage." She shrugged, a simple action that was rather fluid in the way that she moved. "And to be honest, I like to do the behind the stage things too. They're fun." The full fledged smile came back, teeth showing and all.

"And now I'm done. For now."
    Last edited by A Simple Sigh; 01-17-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Legendary Adventurer XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX's Avatar
    Hello, my name is Kayla or as some have preferred in the past 'Wistful' or 'Wistie'. I'm nineteen years old, I'll be twenty in August. I have three darling kitty cats, their names are Tabbie Rae, Jaina Proudmoore, and Thrall. I play World of Warcraft and have been playing for over three years. I've been roleplaying since October of 2006, so seven years this October (Not that that matters). I have far too many favorite bands, so I'll stick to naming two--DevilDriver and Coal Chamber. I work at Wendy's...

Okay, I think that that's about it.

Rolling her neck from side to side, the familiar moderator attempted to give this another goal thinking that perhaps this will be relaxing. "You ever do that thing, where you try and reinvent yourself?" Taking a moment to pause, she soon realized that it wasn't like anyone was going to answer. "Well, I'm doing that... again." The emphasis on the word again was strong, but the look on her face made it seem like she was mocking her past attempts. "Ya know, get a new hobby. Adapt some new kind of lease on life... yadda yadda." Smirking a little at the end of that statement she stared off. "This time is going to be a lot harder though..." With a nod she continued, "But I'm okay with that."

Schiz's presence in this thread was short lived, but she had one more thing to say before she left. "Oh, and Sigh is as cute as a button. I want to pet her." Her pale fingers reached out and pawed at the air before winking. "See ya~!"
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Simmie reached out for the leaving Schizophrenic, her fingers outstretched and a pouty look on her face as the other left. When the exit was fully made, the woman sighed and laid against the counter, watching the others sit there in silence. It had been a while since she had been by, or talked to anyone on here, so she took advantage of the reigning silence.

"So. Anyone there? Yoohoo?" she said in a sing-songy voice, before sending a glance back towards the door where the moderator left. She pulled herself off of the counter and started to spin again.

Joon or Jing, as she's apt to say, started at the sudden noise.

She had forgotten that she was at this convention—this half-dead, half-whatever-else convention. Pushing up her glasses (she had run out of contacts and, for better or for worse, was too lazy to go fetch a new box), the brunette slid off her seat, her footsteps echoing in the nearly silent room.

"If you keep doing this, you're going to puke yourself later." Jing smiled, but it was more of a shy grin than a welcoming, give-me-a-hug smile. "I'm Jing. Don't believe we've met before?"

But that was a lie—sort of.

Jing had, rather astutely, noticed the name-tag on the other girl: A Simple Sigh. The name was familiar, but it was the kind of familiarity cloaked in fogginess and unidentifiable memories. It was such a familiar name—had they role-played together? No. Jing would remember someone she's written with. So, it must have been in passing then. "I like good food, good company, and long walks on the beach."

I did say no questions during the introductory post, but, I rather like to ask questions to better know my community. So, tell me about your favorite musical artists (maybe link to a song?) or your favorite book. I'm sure, as a writing community, we have to have at least one book we really enjoy, yes?

TUMBLR.

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar
    Sunbun
    "Wow, everyone here is so mature!" The fourteen year old asian girl exclaimed, her eyes glittering in admiration of all the interesting people that surrounded her at the convention. "Hnn, I guess I should introduce myself now?" Her lips curved into a shy smile, "Well, I'm Sweetsunnyrain, but you can call me anything, really." She giggled, "I think I've chatted with most of you, but I hope that I'll get to know you all better soon~"

She tilted her head at this point, "Murr, I'm currently an eighth grader, and spend my spare time roleplaying, drawing, and playing the viola. The thing I love the most is drawing, and I want to get a job involving that, even though those are kinda hard to get..." she chuckled nervously, "ahaha...."

The girl then looked towards Jing, who had just asked quite the interesting question. Musical artist? "Mmm, I'm not into a single genre, song, or artist," she replied, giving a slight shrug, "I judge on the song, though my most frequented genres would be alternative rock, dubstep, indie, J POP, K POP, and...uhm...that's it, yeah."
    Last edited by Sweetsunnyrain; 02-23-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Lyra came to a slow stop in her spinning to face the other who introduced herself as Jing with a grin. The woman had suggested that they hadn't met before, a statement that wasn't all that true. She had just recently created a character for an interesting role play that Jing had created and as soon as the realization had been made, another came in.

"Ah? I believe that I've met the both of you! I remember writing with Sunny in a lil' roleplay that was just the silliest thing. Loved it to death. However, I've just applied for one of your roleplays, Jing. I should tell you that the graphics are just amazing- I wish I could create things like that." She smiled and leaned back against the counter, watching the two others with an interested gaze.

At the mention of music, Lyra's eyes and grin widened. She loved music in its entirety (well most of it anyway; she despised a majority of the rap and country genres) and she really wanted to just jabber on and on about what was her current favorite. She pulled out her old i-pod from her jacket pocket and turned it on. The song that she had been addicted to for the past week was already up and ready to go. She turned the screen onto the other two, making sure not to accidently hit the play button, knowing that the music would blare from the ear buds in her pocket.

"This song is my current addiction." she said. "The Bassnectar remix of Lights by Ellie Goulding."

Liking the idea of describing her actions like a role play, Sure plopped down aside Simmie, punching her shoulder. She had known the older woman, all to well actually.

"Hello... Sister." the younger girl sighed dramatically, looking over to the others. She smiled and waved at the two, and after reading the name tags, she was in honest awe. She squeaked and pulled her body in some, a look of surprise upon her face. Did her older sister really know these two? And how so? Did she role play with them?

"Oh, gosh. Hi. I'm Sure and I am in love with ya'll's role playing talents." the girl managed a meager smile. She wasn't very good at communicating with people she respected. It was a sorry habit, but to her, it was much like meeting a celebrity.

"I only look old, but I'm still young at heart," Jing laughed as she waved to Sunny. It felt good to finally meet with her fellow writers.

"...I've just applied for one of your role-plays, Jing."

The brunette arched a brow, but, otherwise, kept her composure. Of course, Halcyon. Stitching a smile to her features, Jing nodded as Sigh continued.

"No, no—it's nothing, really," she waved away the praises, but the pink peeking through her makeup said she was pleased all the same. "It's just... it's just for fun." Running a hand through her hair, Jing looked away, pointedly keeping her sight averted.

But Jing didn't have much time to bask in her moment of embarrassment as Sigh, picking up on a cue overhead, went into showing her latest musical passion: Ellie Goulding. For months, Jing would hear the subtle beat of "Lights" playing in her car as she drove and, even after months, the song was just as catchy as the first. Good songs, Jing supposed, were good songs for a reason.

"Yeah, I rather like her too," Jing nodded alongside Sigh's words as the song blared through the headpieces.

The song played through the chorus before another face—Sure, as she introduced herself—showed up. Jing watched as the girl went up to Sigh, their body-language oddly complimenting the other: familiarity. 'Sister, huh?' Jing thought to herself, her attention switching briefly between the two girls' faces.

It wasn't long before Sure turned her attention to the rest of the group. She was energetic and responsive in the way that Jing wasn't. Jing hardly reacted to anyone she's met, but not because she wasn't excited. She just wasn't someone who had a lot of facial expressions. Came with the territory of being Asian.

"No, no, please," Jing said, shying away from the compliment. "I'm nothing special and there's really nothing to be in love with." But the corners of her lips twitched into a smile as she shoved her hands into her pockets. "So, what brought you guys here? Uh, here as in WTF."

In every conversation concerning new acquaintances there was always that moment of slight awkwardness, of not-knowing-what-to-say-next.

TUMBLR.

My name is Kevin, but you can just call me by my handle here, Enkerzed. I see the people here are being endearingly strange again. In answer to Jing's question, I came to WTF after tiring of some other RP site and looking for a change. Probably not something that anyone here would care to know, but there's the truth of it. I'm 19, Chinese, born and raised in Australia, and trying to become a full time parkour instructor in Sydney. I like reading, writing, gaming and watching stuff just like anyone else, jumping around like a spider monkey unlike most of anyone else, and I'm allergic to shellfish. Recently, I've dropped out of university because I couldn't handle it, which has paradoxically left me with less free time than ever what with job hunting and helping my dad with his work (furniture business). I have two brothers, one older, one younger, both smarter, and I've never travelled much, but I hope to some day. My favourite food is scrambled eggs and I don't have a favourite band, but there are a lot of songs I like listening to. Whether it's jazz, rock, classic, pop, hip-hop, or anything else, if it sounds good, I can dig it... anything but dubstep that is.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 10-09-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Background NPC
    Hi, I'm Kaylin. I'm weird, giddy, and outgoing.

I'm Ophelia (no sh*t)

You can call me phey but don't call me Oph, It just sounds too much like oaf... I'm twenty, female and I love reading, partying and gaming. I wish I could go to Italy, but I've never been. I like guys who... are like me (I'm a bit narcissistic) meaning they have dark hair, a lean built and a pretty smile. I am studying to become a nurse and I love fantasy RPs, especially action-based ones. I love having story-free t1 fights once in a while. I love raves and I can't stand the taste of Lays chips... I can't think of any more random details to let you guys know about.

Said no one in the history of everything.

I'm Alex,

I have a bazillion silver medals for different individual sports. I'm twenty, I'm french, I'm Canadian, I'm a theater/psychology student (weird mix, I know) and I love bacon.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

... because I want to get to know the community better, I'm going to pose a few additional questions!

Tell me about your favorite drinks and your go-to comfort food. Tell me about your guilty pleasures, your secret stash of whatever, and the things you fancy. Tell me the little things you do that (you think) nobody notices, but still matters to you. Tell me a special fact about you that you would default to in an ice breaker. (:

(Also, feel free to ask your own questions.)

TUMBLR.

My favorite drink is a rum and coke and my go to comfort food is chocolate fudge ice cream (which I enjoy even when I'm not depressed so I guess this is also a guilty pleasure). I'm a casual smoker (i.e.: I smoke but only in company of other smokers, so I could go five days without smoking and still default back to smoking again, I don't know if this makes me better or worst than non-casuals...). I have a scrapbook, nobody notices it and I know that for a fact because I don't show it to anyone ^^' I find it's a hobby that's too "girly" for me, but I enjoy it.

Special fact... I'm completely double-jointed!

Said no one in the history of everything.

Omlyt, once Sure2HerWord and A Simple Sigh, peeked her head in. She was rather tired, but found herself wanting to grab a bowl of mango sherbet. After discovering that the room didn't have anyone in the room under the age of nine, she heaved a very relieved sigh and pushed the door open to take a seat. She didn't want to hear the light patter of small feet for an extremely long time, seeing as how she babysat four of them for nine hours each day for the past week, and they had all seemed rather drawn to her, and not the other girl who was babysitting with her.

After ordering the oh-so-needed comfort food she craved, she listened in on the conversation and smiled. She did have a bad habit of listening in on other people's conversations.

"Chocolate fudge ice cream?" she piped. "Goodness, sounds amazing, but I have a terrible allergy to chocolate." She wore a lighthearted pout, but it disappeared as she started to speak again. "In place of chocolate, I like to get mango sherbet, or, heck, anything mango." The bowl appeared in front of her and she pulled it into her arms, picking up a spoon and digging into it.

"Oh! Double-jointed buddies!" she reached up a thumb, grinning. "But only in my thumbs- augh. Why does the sherbet have to attack my shirt...?" She groaned and reached for a napkin, but after realizing it was out of reach, she did a silly thing and just licked it off. Brushing off her odd action, she went on. "But my special fact is that I love origami."
    Last edited by Omlyt; 06-21-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Sup, I'm Xavirne. I prefer to be called Xav or Xavi as people tend to butcher Xavirne. My real name's not really all that important.

I was born and raised in the countryside in a small town in New York. I graduated from college with a 3.70 GPA (out of 4.0) and I have two degrees, a minor, and a professional field of study. Upon graduating, I was one of the lucky few that successfully snagged a job (and a decent paying one at that). I currently work in the manufacturing industry and I love every second of it. I do marketing, which relates to my majors.

I'm currently taken by a truly marvelous man. He's adorable, funny, and extremely intelligent. He might be a bit immature and whiny at times and he does tend to air on the side of cocky and arrogant, but I do love him so. He's really filled a void that I never knew existed and I honestly cannot picture my life without him. He's just perfect to me in his imperfect little ways.

I recently moved to Massachusetts and I've discovered that it's very lonely moving outside your comfort zone. Thankfully, the boyfriend and his family live out that way so I'm not entirely alone. MA is a beautiful place, at least where I live is. I've always been an outdoorsy girl so being surrounded by nature and water is fantastic.

I also love cats. I currently have four -- Nike the tuxedo cat, Stumpus Maxwell the orange muscle man, and Katara and Sokka the cute little gray kittens. Next year, when Hawkeye ('tis my boyfriend's nickname) and I move in together (assuming we do), we'll be getting two of our own cats. He's already decided that he wants to name his Squishy. I think I want to name mine... how should I know!? That's like a year away. XD

For those of you who haven't really interacted with me, I'm a crazy, silly, sarcastic knucklehead who enjoys smiling and laughing. I love volunteering and helping people out. I also enjoy acting and cosplaying. Drawing and photography are right up there too. I'm definitely one of those people who will break the ice and try to get everyone involved. I also love listening to people and giving them advice, should they ask for it.

Now, I'd be lying if I said I was the nicest kid you'll get to know. I am actually quite bitchy and mean. I have this alpha complex, meaning I like to be on top and in-charge. And I'll challenge and compete with anyone who tries to get in my way. So if I'm butting heads with you, just tell me to knock it off or cease fire. Sometimes I don't know when I'm in that mode so any extra hints is much appreciated. I do my best to keep that side of me under wraps but it's definitely a long work in progress. But hey, everyone has a dark side.

So there you have it, me in a nutshell. I'm twenty-three and I still have a lot to improve and I desperately need to get an attitude adjustment. And like I said, if I'm upsetting you, please let me know. It is never my intension to hurt or upset anyone.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Legendary Adventurer XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX's Avatar
    Update: You may still address me as Wistie or Wistful, but a lot has changed in my life. I still spend a lot of my free time writing. I don't have much in the way of time for video games, I'm pretty much a shut in. I work full-time and am a student full-time as well. I make this account forever ago.

Since I haven't been on much in the last two and a half years. Where should I start? I got my GED, went on a date, fell in love, got married, had too many jobs to count, and went back to school. I still have Tabbie, she's seven now. I own my own car and live in an apartment.

Needless to say I'm bored. I would love to role play with someone because it helps to fuel my creativity. I've been in a funk because of my writers block. Any takers?

Please, don't let me get bored or this might actually happen.