Login to your account

Thread: [MISC] AskWTF!

[MISC] AskWTF!

AskWTF!

This idea is the same as r/AskReddit.

The thing is, I always have odd questions or things I want to ask WTF members, but I don't want to create a thread just for that one question or post it in the general chatter thread.

And while I know that our community isn't as big or as diverse as Reddit's (lol, diverse), we're still amazing people with interesting stories and unique experiences!

In case you don't know how this thread works, let me explain:

You can either answer a previously asked question (but please quote the question in your response) or you can ask a question of your own!

The questions don't have to be serious. They can be silly or downright weird. But make sure that everything written or drawn or whatever is PG-13. Remember: This is the general, non-Adult section of the board.

And, finally, make sure to number your question! For example, the question after mine would be [#2] and the question after that would be [#3], etc. If possibly, try to format the questions as I have done below!

NOTE: Feel free to answer previous questions, if you like! It's not necessary to always answer the newest one! ;3

[#1] Q: What are some things you did in preparation for the first day of school? e.g. New haircut, new outfit, etc.

Last edited by joonsexual; 11-06-2014 at 01:26 AM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

[#1] Q: What are some things you did in preparation for the first day of school? e.g. New haircut, new outfit, etc.
    The way I acted every school year was always changing, but the eve of that first day was always the same. I think I prepared for the special day just like most kids did; new backpack, new pencil case and fresh untouched notebooks. (God how I loved the feeling, smell and look of untouched paper.) And weeks prior I usually got a hair cut, and did a bit of clothes shopping.

Before bed I would set everything out for the following morning, my backpack, my clothes, everything was in place. I would always have a crazy amount of butterflies floating around my tummy. I'd try and go to bed early, but would end up laying in bed wide awake, excited, nervous and just plain giddy for the following morning to come!

[#2] If you had to describe your life in one word, what would it be and why?
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

[#3] What is something heartwarming, loving, and intimate (non-sexual) you have wanted to share with someone on the internet (don't say names), but you've never shared before?
    Sometimes I find it hard to be serious with my friends on the internet. It's like my first instinct is to be goofy as all hell and then let myself unwind a little depending on who I'm around. But I also feel like sometimes, because there is that plate of glass that separates us from each other, I can say things I wouldn't normally say to anyone. And it feels good, but then forces me into a state of drawback where I feel as though I need to disconnect myself. I've managed to do this over and over again, and I want to apologize. Someday.

[#4] Do you have trouble discussing that you roleplay to those outside of it's community?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post

[#4] Do you have trouble discussing that you roleplay to those outside of it's community?

Honestly? Yeah.

I don't usually bring it up in conversations and, if it is brought up, I have a high probability of saying nothing or simply lying. Role-playing is sort of a private hobby that a few close friends know about, but it isn't something I broadcast. I don't post about it on Facebook. I don't make any references to it either. In fact, I actively hide it.

There's a really negative stigma associated with role-playing and many of them are stereotypes that aren't representative of the activity. I don't want to have to explain things to people who, for the most part, won't believe me.

(By the way, you guys can always answer previous/older questions, if you guys like.)

[#5] If you could live in any fictional world (e.g. Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Family Guy, etc), which world would you chose?

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    Discussing rp seriously is something I can't do with family. My brother listens to my rambling but no one else understands or even cares. I have some friends that r, but they either do D&D or are considered barely par in skill with say a beginner rper. So we usually end up arguing, and my D&D buddies just swap stories.

I'm not really shy about saying I rp, but even still most people have this stigma towards it and don't understand why I do it.

I think one of the hardest things about being a role-player (of any sorts) is telling other people that this is something you do. The notion that role-players aren't "normal" is so widespread and so entrenched in society, it's difficult to convince people otherwise. Or maybe that's just my personal experience and this isn't the norm.

I mean, when my best friend accidentally let slip to some of our peers that I role-played, there was shock, surprise, and then a few minutes of relentless teasing. People were asking me: Do you... dress up as a cat and stuff? Etc. There's a definite "base" connotation to the whole activity that I don't personally identify with, but when you say things like, "I role-play," other people will automatically connect to those preconceptions.

My friend did clear that up really quickly (showed them various samples of what I do), but it was still a mortifying experience. Most of my friends don't discuss RP as an active hobby. It's more of a on the down-low.

Last edited by joonsexual; 01-12-2013 at 05:17 AM.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by `JOONISM View Post
    [#5] If you could live in any fictional world (e.g. Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Family Guy, etc), which world would you chose?
    The tv show Firefly holds a special place in my heart. I certainly wouldn't mind hopping onto a space ship and travelling around the known universe. There's something oddly comforting about being able to fly into the wild without any fear of aliens or strict government surveillance. Even considering all the amazing technology that would be available, I'd like to live on a farm out in the middle of nowhere.

[#6] What is your earliest memory?

Gaining a Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
    I was a small child, probably around 2-3. This earliest memory is the most memorable. It was around Winter, the time when the sun had just set and the sky was still a purplish-blue. I had arrived home, my mom enters the house with my baby sister sleeping soundly in her carriage and my dad had gone to grab his video camera to record my sister's reaction of coming home from her first outing. I was still stuck in a really puffy winter attire. Imagine a toddler in a sumo suit. My dad recording aimlessly turns to me and asks "How did you like your first outing with your sister" (Paraphrase through translation). I replies, "I need to clean up the entrance way!" (Paraphrase) I rushed over to grabbed the straw broom and frantically tried my best to sweep the loose leaves and snow. But being stuck in a makeshift sumo suit, it was near impossible to give a single sweep. So I just end up being upset and threw a tantrum for now being able to clean up the entrance way. Will never ever forget that, not until I come down with Alzheimer (Euthanized before that happens).

[#7] What is your take on this decade's Nerd/Geek culture? 2010+

[#7] What is your take on this decade's Nerd/Geek culture? 2010+

It might sound a little callous and judgmental but I definitely feel like this decade's nerd culture is only alive through rekindled fires, if that makes sense. This is especially true for the comic book world where names like Spider Man, Batman and Superman have all been power houses in the nerd world but it seems to me (and I can be way off base here) that it's the movies Hollywood is pumping out that is giving these things such a big fan base now. The same can be said for literature made movies (LotR) or television programs that have been brought back like Doctor Who. Things like Star Wars have seen a rise in popularity since the newest installments to the movie franchise, the cartoon and the popularity Star Wars has gained in the Lego world. I'm definitely not of the mind that any of this is necessarily bad, in fact, I think it is very positive from the fan perspective.

[#8] If you could choose to look back in time and change one thing, despite the negative or positive outcome it might hold for you in the present, what would it be and why?
    If you were evil, then do evil.
    If you were good, did you regret it?
    Were you successful? Were you clever?
    When you wanted it, did you get it?
    Well, here's your chance, do it again. Do it through me, but it's still you sin.
    I want to taste it, no consequences.
    We'll give each other a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    [#8] If you could choose to look back in time and change one thing, despite the negative or positive outcome it might hold for you in the present, what would it be and why?

Hm, this is such a tough question. I mean, I've always preferred just going back into history and seeing the world as it was then and not through writing. I want to know, first hand, what the world of Alexander the Great was. I want to see the rise and the fall of Rome. I want to experience the lifestyle of the Minnoans. I want to know if Empress Wu was really a terrible person or if it was the bias of her male historians. But I wouldn't necessarily want to change anything. On the other hand, I might go back in time and prevent Alexander Hamiliton's death (what a sad way to go, lol). I might go with the obvious and kill Hitler before he rose to power. Or stop various genocides in Africa.

So, in the end, because I'm bad with decisions, I think I'll go with the unexpected: I'd stop Hostess from closing down so my boyfriend can eat the nastiest tasting food on Earth. Ugh.

Yes, I'd want to save the Twinkies over the millions of human lives lost all throughout history. I am such a hero, lol.

[#9] If you could be a superhero, what would be your story and powers?

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
    I think my earliest memory is probably sometime around five or six. It's nothing overly interesting, but I remember not wanting to go to school. I think it was a combination of not really wanting to go to school in the first place and not wanting to leave my mom. But I think I may have played up the latter of the two a bit, knowing it would work on her if I said "But I'll miss you!" I just remember crying with my backpack in hand by the door until we were cuddling on the couch watching cartoons and she told me I didn't have to go that day.

[#10] Has anything happened in your life that seemed poetic, or like it belonged in a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post

[#10] Has anything happened in your life that seemed poetic, or like it belonged in a movie?

THE DAY I MET LEE JOON. OR WAS HUGGED BY KEVIN WOO. I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH WAS MORE MAGICAL, THE PRESENCE OF JOON OR THE HUG FROM KEVIN.

[#12] If you were stuck on an island and you could bring one person and one dish (you'll only be able to eat this dish) with you, what would it be? Note: You don't have to worry about nutrients, you'll magically always have water and vitamins.

TUMBLR.

I would take my friend Eli and we would drink Chases milk.

[#13] If you had to pick one really strange fetish to engage in the first time, what would it be? This fetish can be real or based within fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    I would take my friend Eli and we would drink Chases milk.

[#13] If you had to pick one really strange fetish to engage in the first time, what would it be? This fetish can be real or based within fanfiction.
    Choking lol. I always chicken out though because choking hurts :c

[#14] Have you ever found someone, real or fictional, who acted exactly like you? If so, who?
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Quote Originally Posted by Cows Go Moo View Post
    [#14] Have you ever found someone, real or fictional, who acted exactly like you? If so, who?
    My best friend showed me a clip of a Korean idol answering questions about child rearing after asking me how I would answer the following:

Question: If a child was crying, what would you do?

My answer: Let it cry. Leave it in the other room. I don't know, annoying. (paraphrased, lol).

The idol answered that he would put it in a room by itself until it stopped crying because it was annoying. My friend then proceeded to show me a million more clips of things this idol says/does that mirrors my thoughts/behavior.

I am not proud. And yet, I feel validated, lol.

[#15] What is your best "Today I F'ed Up" moment?

TUMBLR.